[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People who worked on Regular Show are literally incapable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: CN pilots.png (2MB, 828x1280px) Image search: [Google]
CN pilots.png
2MB, 828x1280px
>People who worked on Regular Show are literally incapable of making another cartoon that is not just a Regular Show clone

What the fuck.

Also it's
>Paranormal Roommates
>Bottom's Butte
>AJ's Infinite Summer

respectively.
>>
>>92487350
I really hope Bottom's Butte gets picked up. I want to see how depressing this can get.
>>
What's that show they recently made?
Something about history?

I caught some of that on TV the other day. I didn't know what it was, it seemed alright, but the thing is I don't even watch Regular Show but that was even my best guess for what it was.
>>
>>92488649
long live the royals maybe? (made by another regular show alumni)
>>
File: kat morris.png (329KB, 790x664px) Image search: [Google]
kat morris.png
329KB, 790x664px
>People who worked on regular show start out drawing pearl weird
>>
>>92487350
It's mostly because it's what the network wants. Network execs saw how popular Regular Show was and wants more shows like it.
>>
>>92488680
>long live the royals
Yup, that's it. I found it weird because I barely knew it was a thing and I browse /co/ on the regular. The style of it did seem like Regular Show though, got a chuckle or two out of me but largely not my thing
>>
>>92488802
I'm not up to snuff on Regular Show because it was never my thing, but given the threads I saw all through last year I was under the impression that it was given a shitty time slot, never had announcements for new episodes, and its final season wasn't even properly labeled as such, and you had to follow the creators on Twitter or something to learn that it was ending.

Again, threads here on /co/ are all I have to go on so I could be totally off, but that doesn't sound like they cared about Regular Show at all. Sounds like they resented it.
>>
>>92487350
You forgot JG's new show, Regular Show 2, only on TBS
>>
>>92488715
>regular pearl
>>
>>92491711
>>92488715
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOCVTUvL1Q8
>>
Looks like people are no longer interested in young adult slacker shows for some reason.

But why?
>>
>>92488802
If it's what the network wants, why bother to complain?
>>
>>92488715
wow pearl used to look awful
>>
>>92487350
>cartoons are literally the artstyle and nothing else matters

ok
>>
>>92492485
It's a visual medium. Half of watching a cartoon is enjoying why you see. I fucking hate how Rick and Morty and Bojack can get away with looking like shit because they have clever writing or what have you. While that is a major aspect of the cartoon, it's no excuse for making your animation so shitty it's distracting. Plus, after watching these pilots it's easy to see that the humor is very reminiscent of Regular Show, especially Bottom's Butte
>>
>>92492485
Humor is the same.
Art style is the same.
Tone is the same.
Comedic timing is the same.
Voice direction is the same.

You'd know that if you bothered to watch any of them rather than acting as defense force for your favorite show.
>>
AJ's Infinite Summer was charming tho
>>
>>92493126
I would give rick and morty a pass since the sci-fi elements looks good most of the time, even if the humans looks like crap
>>
>>92493615
Not at all.

Regular show is all retro throwback shit with new-age slang and "kids" jokes.

Paranormal Roommates is all cliche general "haha they aren't people" jokes, with some random sitcom shit thrown in.

Bottom's Butte seems like a gross show that would end up getting depressing in the later episodes.

AJ's Infinite Summer tries to be a cute SOL with less weird stuff and more cute happy stuff.

They aren't similar at all outside of the way all kids cartoons are similar.
>>
>>92487350

I'd fuck that sheep.
>>
>>92487350
I'm sad Long Live the Royals wasn't picked up.

The pilot was rightly criticized on /co/ for being derivative of RS and just plain mediocre, but the miniseries was a big improvement and was very enjoyable IMHO. Too bad only a dozen people bothered to watch it.
>>
>>92487350
You can add another one to that list, Close Enough. It looks more like regular show than anything you listed.
>>
>>92494591
well it has the exact same creator so that's not suprising
>>
>>92491833
Because their parents/grandparents/guardians are dying off and they can no longer afford to be slackers themselves so they find that it hits too close to home to be reminded of the carefree days gone by while they're busting their humps scraping a living and being too addicted to shitty pop culture and media to go to bed during the small hours of the night that constitutes their leisure time.
>>
>>92494733
on the surface it doesn't sound surprising, but most western animators don't retain this much of their own style when making a new show
if someone showed off those clips and said it was from some random episode of regular show, i don't think anyone would argue
>>
>>92487350
Do they all have that awful bro humor?
>>
>>92487350
Infinity Train is the one big exception.
>>
>>92494885
Oooh, you're dark and edgy

>cynical posing while posting on a cartoon discussion board talking about a cartoon
>>
>>92496972
Of it weren't for the artstyle, you'd think it was by someone who worked AT or SU.
>>
>>92493126
The animation on Rick and Morty is often really nice. Not sure why they used such lazy character designs if they will willing to animate.
>>
>>92494885
Somehow I doubt this applies to the adolescents who are actually the primary demographic for these shows.

Sure you can say the kids who were 13 when RS premiered are now approaching 20, but there's new 13 year olds taking their place.
>>
>>92497879
>Not sure why they used such lazy character designs if they will willing to animate.

because simple designs are easier to animate
>>
>>92493970
the miniseries was fantastic
it could have probably made it on adult swim tbqh
>>
>>92497879
Rick and Morty's production value is sometimes pretty impressive. Like the episode where they split into 64 different screens or the fake flashback parasite where there's about 50 characters on screen all animated. The transformations for the mantis monsters to Cronenbergs were also pretty good.

The designs aren't great sure, but I think they make up for it by at least pushing the hell out of those simple designs rather than just making it Family Guy levels of laziness and same poses.
>>
File: tumblr_ohtwzm5YtS1ssxg2yo1_500.png (90KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohtwzm5YtS1ssxg2yo1_500.png
90KB, 500x327px
>>92497879
>>92493126
That's the point, animation is cheaper if character designs are simple, you need to simplify your characters to make them animation-friendly, it's not the best choice, complex designs are really cool, but they will cost a lot more & most studios can't or don't want to afford it
>>
>>92497879
Because they're using Justin Roiland's original art style (which always looked like shit, on purpuse I think).
>>
>>92498669
Part of the problem is we're getting simple character designs and STILL getting shitty or stiff animation. We may as well have better looking characters if most of the time, they're going to have limited movement anyway.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.