[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sorry but come the fuck on >New character introduced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 47

File: ashi_by_wernwern-db356j2.jpg (19KB, 292x350px) Image search: [Google]
ashi_by_wernwern-db356j2.jpg
19KB, 292x350px
I'm sorry but come the fuck on
>New character introduced at the end of the series
>Starts dating the main character and taking up a lot of screentime and focus.
>Turns out she's also the child of the antagonist and turns into a female version of him
>Finale is based on either saving her or her sacrificing herself

This is said often about many things, but this is truly fanfic tier writing.

When we heard Jack was coming back, no one thought "I cant wait to see Jack fall in love and have the last 10 eps revolve around his oc love interest"
>>
I'm still amused that her design is nothing more than a black haired Ilana from Symbiotic Titan. Same voice and everything.
>>
>>92478550
She did basically take over the show to its detriment, yes.
>>
>>92478550
>When we heard Jack was coming back, no one thought "I cant wait to see Jack fall in love and have the last 10 eps revolve around his oc love interest"

This really.
Even if you like Ashi, even if you like the relationship, is this the story you waited years to see?
>>
>>92478550
It's almost inspiring how every episode she has starred in would have easily been better without her.
>>
>>92478550
>Everyone says the opening episodes were strong, the opening episodes didn't heavily focus on Ashi as a love interest.

Really activates them Almonds
>>
Should have called it Ashi: Daughter of Aku and cut out all the boring Jack parts.
>>
>>92478643
Should have called it The Ashi Show and cut out all the the boring entertaining parts
>>
God, you people are salty over this. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
>>
>>92478784
Wew lad
>Using the dont like it dont watch it fallacy
>2017

What are you gay?
I wait years for this so Im going to watch it. If its shit, and it has been, I'm going to criticise it. Fuck off.
>>
>>92478838
It's not a fallacy it's common sense. You're actually using the sunk cost fallacy right now.

Although it's a bit late now so whatever
>>
>>92478550

>first three episodes are absolutely great and some of the greatest animation ever made
>decides to jump off a cliff after in quality

Yeah, when I wanted closure on Samurai Jack, I totally wanted some babboon faced new OC who can beat an army with her bare hands and not, you know, Samurai Jack.
>>
>>92478851
You just dont want to hear people dislike a show you like. I'm not gonna stop watching something at the drop of a dime, and Im not going to not criticise it just cause you like it.
>>
Yes heaven forbid a new story introduce a new character. I know how change upsets your autism.
>>
>>92478887
>totally wanted some babboon faced new OC who can beat an army with her bare hands
You're complaining she did something Jack does nearly every episode. All you idiots are complaining that this female character exist rather than focusing on Jack's struggle.
>>
>>92478973
Read your posts before you submit them. And also
>I'm not gonna stop watching something at the drop of a dime
consider maturing. You're the reason zombie shows exist and new concepts never get picked up and never last more than two seasons when they do.

The same kind of fans who killed Genddy's former work come to masquerade as former Genddy fans who want to kill his current work. How fitting.
>>
>>92479025

>projecting this hard
>muh vagina defense

Remember when Jack beat an army for the dogs? He used traps, weapons and actual equipment, not just ran into them with arms outstreched like a kid playing superman,
>>
>>92478992
You have to be retarded to not see how introducing a new star of the show in the last ten episodes of a 5 season long show is a bad move.
>>
>>92478550

Yeah, it sucks, but S5 wasn't good from the start.
>>
>>92479032
What are you talking about. I want to see the end of the series, even if its been garbage, I want to see how it ends.I'm not making sure Simpsons or Spongebob stay on the air forever, I'm watching the ending of one of my favourite tv shows.

Again, I'm not going to stop watching or stop criticising its problems cause you're a frail little boy who cant handle seeing people dislike the way its been handled.

To use your own logic; don't like seeing criticism? Dont come to 4chan then
>>
I think Ashi is proof that /co/ wasn't just mad that Korra was a lesbian when her relationship with Asami came out of nowhere
>>
>>92479073
This.
You can complain all you want but people would still be upset if Jack did it and not Ashi. It was lame.
>>
>>92479073
And it was fucking amazing, not like that bullshit in S5.
>>
>>92479185
Thats a really good point. I don't care that Korra was a butch dyke, she certainly fit the bill for one, it was how the relationship was forced in the last few eps that sucked.

Guess what? Same thing happened here. It may be a straight relationship thats been forced in the last few eps of a show, but it still sucks
>>
>>92479073
Jack isn't half demon wizard.
>>
>>92479224
She didnt do anything demon wizard-y, she just flailed her arms
>>
>>92479224

Thats the point, we wanted to see Samurai Jack being about Samurai Jack and not a half demon wizard. Everything after episode 3 is literally an ashi episode and Jack gets reduced to a supporting character in his own fucking show.
>>
>>92479073
>He used traps, weapons and actual equipment, not just ran into them with arms outstreched like a kid playing superman

I mean, except all the times he beat a bot army with berserker tactics, like in the beginning of Jump Good, or when he used a stick, like in Samurai vs. Samurai. Prolly helps Ashi that she's got Aku juice too, but hey, it's not the first time we've seen a basic human able to beat bots armies, even bare-handed.
>>
>>92479311

The SHOW it! Show a good fight! Not a character running into them with outstreched arms.

At the very least ashi should have been doing some obviously superhuman stuff, like ripping out boulders and throwing on them or firing Aku eye beams.

Also, Jack never defeated a robot army barehanded, stop trying to slide.
>>
>>92478851
>sunk cost fallacy
We're talking about watching a 30 minute show, not multi-billion dollar invesments.
>>
>>92479368
>Also, Jack never defeated a robot army barehanded, stop trying to slide.

No, but the Scotsman and his wife did, especially his wife.

Like 2 seconds of the fight have Ashi bullrushing enemies, and she does lift boulder-sized chunks of stone. More than once, actually.
>>
>>92479412

Not an army. And even there you see the scotsman use his sword and machine gun and actually fight not just run into them and hope they magically die before you.
>>
>>92478550
Like many people, I don’t like the Jack/Ashi romance. Firstly I think it’s creepy since she basically has the mindset of a child (literally the first Jashi moment is Jack telling her a bedtime story his parents told him as a child) and has been brainwashed by an evil cult all her life, meanwhile he has decades and decades of world experience (yes he’s a relationship novice too, but still it feels like there’s a massive social power imbalance here). Secondly I don’t think it has done well, it’s been really silly and cringey so far. Thirdly I don’t think it really makes sense. Ashi has just realized that she knows nothing about the world and all her former core beliefs are lies – she needs someone to teach her new values and show her the truth. Jack (at least a few episodes ago) had lost any hope of fixing the evil that is Aku and felt that all his struggles were meaningless – he needs someone to show him he has a meaningful positive impact on the world even if he hasn’t accomplished his main goal yet. That lends itself well to a mentor/student relationship or maybe a father/surrogate daughter relationship, Jack can teach Ashi and have proof right in front of him that he’s making someone’s life better. To me those are more interesting angles to explore than “okay, let’s kiss!” which is basically all we’ve gotten out of the romance angle. And I don’t hate romance plots, but I don’t like them when they go nowhere or feel unnecessary. And it sort of feels like they compromised character arcs to try fit the romance – they spent multiple episodes building up Jack’s inner demons and Ashi’s cult indoctrination and then kinda randomly decided that those problems were now fixed.
>>
>>92478550
>Jack gets to a time portal
>Aku drags him out and destroys it in front of him
>Jack gets angry and kills an innocent person that Aku corrupted
>realizes what he's done and loses the sword

>Jack gets to the Guardian's time portal
>Aku has already destroyed it
>Jack gets angry at Aku, but can't fight against Ashi when Aku changes her into a monster

Was there any reason this relationship had to be a romance? I think that this congruity would have been more meaningful if they played up the similarities between these two encounters.

He even loses the sword both times.
>>
>>92479412
The Scotsman's wife destroying an entire army for comedy is a stark difference from Ashi killing an entire army in order to prevent Jack from dying before he finishes his spiritual awakening.
>>
>>92479431
The celtic demons were an army, literally one too big for the Scotsman and Jack combined. The wife beats them all bare-handed. Scotsman always uses brawling in his bot fights, in his introductory ep he fucking let's them bite him so he can smash more at once. Brawling combat is literally nothing new in Jack.

>>92479483
>like most people

Please don't try and assert your head canon as reality, no polls agree with you. It's fine not to like something, but don't try to reinforce your opinion with a made-up majority.
>>
>>92479483

>Jack telling her a bedtime story his parents told him as a child) and has been brainwashed by an evil cult all her life,

And it literally doesnt matter because after episode 4 she turns into a perfect lovey-dovey, socially and mentally well-adjusted waifu instead of staying an autistic lunatic hellspawn trained only to kill

>And it sort of feels like they compromised character arcs to try fit the romance – they spent multiple episodes building up Jack’s inner demons and Ashi’s cult indoctrination and then kinda randomly decided that those problems were now fixed.

This. In one moment they are desperate, broken people and in the next they are just a couple on honeymoon.

>>92479519

I honestly expected some big twist there. Like ashi getting corrupted, screams KILL ME and Jack just goes "k" and bisects her with a singe cut then WACHAAA. It would have been one hell of a shock ending.
>>
>>92479543
I didn't say most people.
>>
>>92479543

>The celtic demons were an army, literally one too big for the Scotsman and Jack combined. The wife beats them all bare-handed. Scotsman always uses brawling in his bot fights, in his introductory ep he fucking let's them bite him so he can smash more at once. Brawling combat is literally nothing new in Jack.

>trying to defend ashi running into a huge army barehanded this hard

No matter what you try, nothing similar has ever happened in Samurai Jack

>Please don't try and assert your head canon as reality, no polls agree with you. It's fine not to like something, but don't try to reinforce your opinion with a made-up majority.

It is really that much of a shocker that most people watch Samurai Jack for Samurai Jack and not for Miss Monkeyface? She is a poochie tier plot tumor and only waifufags like her.
>>
>>92479543
>The celtic demons were an army, literally one too big for the Scotsman and Jack combined. The wife beats them all bare-handed.

As a joke. He calls her fat and she beats up his entire army. This is after a prolonged segment of her continually complaining about everything.

The whole episode lost its serious tone from the moment the wife was introduced, for that matter. Jack and the Scotsman are talking about how it'll be an honor to die at each other's sides and she's just bitching at them in the background.
>>
>>92479397
That is not what a sunk cost is. You are as stupid as they come. Read a fucking economy book instead of watching cartoons. Cunt.
>>
>>92479519
>>Jack gets angry and kills an innocent person that Aku corrupted
Three babby goats.
>>
>>92479619
Right, I meant innocent goats.
>>
>>92478550
Actually she's based on Genndy's childhood action packed wet dream about his crush.
>>
File: 1467855118452.png (309KB, 392x714px) Image search: [Google]
1467855118452.png
309KB, 392x714px
>>92479543
Did the nigga say 'most', anon?

Did he?
>>
File: King of Cartoon Kino.png (1MB, 1100x688px) Image search: [Google]
King of Cartoon Kino.png
1MB, 1100x688px
>"You can’t ask someone else’s opinions on your story, because they don’t know your story."
ITT: jaded cynics
>>
>>92479608
Right, and all the times other characters have punched robots to death or beaten them to bits with bamboo shoots, those never happened or somehow magically don't count because they don't fit your argument.
>>
File: 1491613314442.jpg (34KB, 480x551px) Image search: [Google]
1491613314442.jpg
34KB, 480x551px
>>
>>92478784
Anti critique fags like this anon are the reason the animation industry is in the poor state it is today. Remember that folks!
>>
>>92479634
To be honest, I still think Samurai Jack is great. The only reason I'm complaining is because I think it's so good and it feels like it became a bit less so towards the end.

After Episode 3, I can't recall any of those neat visuals like Jack covered in blood, the winter background in the second DoA fight, the sparks/fireflies lighting up a dark room in Episode 2, etc.

And there's been a lot more dialogue, too, which I suppose is necessary since Ashi needs to be developed. Then again, Jack had his whole history at the beginning of the series told with very few words being spoken, so who knows.

>>92479644
I didn't bring those up? I was just pointing out that wasn't a good example to use. I'm not denying Jack killing all of those robots with bamboo was weird.
>>
>>92479185
Korrasami as much as I hate it still had more chemistry than Jashi lets be real with ourselves.
>>
>>92478784
>If you don't like it, don't watch it.

How am I supposed to know how I feel about it if I don't watch it? And what kind of writer puts their stuff out without expecting criticism? Genndy isn't going to make any less money or be any less successful of a person just because some people find flaw in his narrative.
>>
>>92479248
Really makes that tagline, "Jack's Back", seem like a fucking joke.
>>
>>92479608
And Ashi ramming the army with its leader wasn't meant to be funny?
>>
>>92479779
Maybe? It just feels out of place for a serious fight, I guess. The orcs aren't supposed to be a Minions of Set kind of enemy, I know, but it still feels a little jarring to just see her plow through them all like that.

I guess the fight wasn't supposed to be THAT serious since Ashi doesn't even get hurt by them and there were those cuts between the fight and Jack slowly making tea.
>>
>>92479779

It wasnt? The fuck are you even trying to achieve here? Trying to defend that scene is pure desperation.
>>
>>92479803
I think the joke was meant to be the contrast between Ashi's autismo rage and Jack's calm tea ceremony. Although the funniest part of that whole bit was
>Hold it! Where do you think you're going?
>Up the mountain to kill the samurai, what's it to you?
And then Ashi's "I'm going to stop you" killed it and made me cringe.
>>
>>92478595
I don't care

I DON'T CAAAAAAAAARE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu1WNNPvrkY&t=68
>>
She's so fucking ugly from the side.
>>
ITT: we cry about our headcanons
>>
>>92479665

No its not. Animation is expensive and relies on merchandise to make back its profits. Shut the fuck up.
>>
I swear to God, /co/. Ashi is handled as well as it can be. I don't get why you're so goddamn angry over something like this. She presents Jack a consequence of his actions by being a relative parallel to him and provides many alternate paths in the arc of ten episodes. No, I don't care about how you would have done it because you wouldn't have done it as good as the ten episodes set it up.
>>
>>92479665
I wouldn't call all this salty whining criticism, compadr-o
>>
File: 1490577161224.png (428KB, 656x712px) Image search: [Google]
1490577161224.png
428KB, 656x712px
I suppose it's not what I expected, and conceptually it does sound weird and awkward, but Season 5 is inherently different from the others in the first place in that it was intended to end the series and tell one coherent story in 10 episodes instead of an individual story per episode. In execution, I don't mind her or the romance at all because it was teased and built to well enough given their time frame.

As for being Aku's daughter, after some thought, I think it's actually really thematically smart:
>After 50 years, Jack's a hallucinating, psychotic wreck obsessed with past failures on a next-level scale
>He is within an inch of committing suicide when the season begins
>Suddenly, the battle with the 7 Daughters, the first that has given him trouble in decades, gives him some positive flashbacks and helps him persevere
>Meeting Ashi and interacting with her out of guilt for murdering her sisters is what helps him get out of his isolation
>Ashi being shown the evils of Aku and learning of the good and hope he has brought to the world leads to her convincing him NOT to kill himself and eventually get his hope (and sword) back
>The season, regardless of if Jack and/or Ashi survive, will likely have a happy ending in which Aku is defeated
>Aku absent-mindedly getting that cult leader pregnant will be directly responsible for his defeat; if he hadn't done that, Jack would've just killed himself
>>
>>92480233
Here's a no brainer... how about not do a love story in the first place?
>>
>>92480333
>>Aku absent-mindedly getting that cult leader pregnant will be directly responsible for his defeat; if he hadn't done that, Jack would've just killed himself
I actually dont like that. Feels like a victory wasnt earned
>>
File: deflection.png (36KB, 1012x800px) Image search: [Google]
deflection.png
36KB, 1012x800px
>>92478784
>>
>>92480399
You should go back in time and kill genndy's childhood crush to make sure ashi is never concieved in his mind
>>
>>92478550
daughterfag detected
>>
>>92480462
k
>>
>>92480417
I think that since the main progression of the season is that Jack has lost hope and he meets somebody that is able to convince him that hope still exists, the fact that Aku's own essence instilled that hope in the Samurai is pretty interesting.

Aku is very impulsive and does things on feeling rather than thought most of the time, since he's just evil given sentience. Just like how Jack is virtuous to a fault, leading him to crippling guilt, Aku is evil to a fault, preventing his victory in the original series multiple times to have a more grand victory or to just be a dick to some innocents; even at the very end of episode 9, Aku stops Ashi from killing Jack just so he can have the victory of wielding the sword in front of the Samurai again. This contrasts how blah he is about everything at the beginning of the season.

The season is about Jack & Aku being at the end of their respective ropes and rebounding to their original states for a final battle, with each other being the reason why in one way or another.

It's not perfect, but the more I think about the season, the more I notice subtext within Jack's arc.
>>
>>92478550
>When we heard Jack was coming back, no one thought "I cant wait to see Jack fall in love and have the last 10 eps revolve around his oc love interest"

>THIS WASN'T *MY* IDEA HOW DARE GENNDY

Your tantrum is delicious
>>
File: IMG_0445.png (783KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0445.png
783KB, 1334x750px
>>92478550
Wtf is absolutely fucking HATE Ashi now
>>
>>92480511
Stop being autistic.

When people wanted Jack to come back, when they saw the advertising, no one wanted a love story. Thats a genre the series wasnt focused on before, yet now is.

Is that what you wait for all these years? A new character to steal the spotlight, seduce Jack and be revealed to be Aku's secret daughter?
If it was you'd find plenty of stories like that on FanFiction, I'm not even joking.
>>
>>92479695
It has been 13 years, obviously this story was not going to be the same sort of story that would have been made back then, you should have been prepared for that.
>>
>>92480513
This scene should have happened before chapter 8
>>
>>92480529
No cared cared about it being different. Hell, most were looking forward to it being a bit darker the the OG series.

They didnt want a cliche romcom tho.
>>
>>92480526
13 YEARS, MAN. GENNDY HAS CHANGED, THE AUDIENCE HAS CHANGED, EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED, YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT IT WASN"T GOING TO BE MORE OF THE SAME.
>>
>>92478550
im just watching it for the fight scenes anon
last ep was really cool, i really like fallen ashys design and it looked really good in motion
>>
>>92480549
That's just it though. In the end all you were expecting was the same show but with blood and swears, but it has been too long, it was never going to happen that way after all this time.
>>
>>92480557
It is not unreasonable to expect the series to maintain the tone it used to have.
Even if it changed, if it was a positive change I wouldnt mind.

But its not. I dont hate change, I hate shit writing. Fuck off.
>>
>>92480578
Why isn't it going to be the same? Care to explain that without sperging out about it being 13 years?

Its not hard to write something in the same vein as the original. Tell how TIME made it so SJ just HAD to be a boring romance story now.
>>
Each Episode Develops Ashi and Jack's Relationship further if anyone noticed ....
>Episodes 1-3: Both Enemies and Strangers
>Episode 4: Enemy is now one-sided on Ashi's part.
>Episode 5: Acquaintances
>Episode 6: Friends
>Episode 7: Close Friends
>Episode 8: Sexual Tension is now rising
>Episode 9: Both want to pursue a romantic relationship, but one is afraid to commit (because Jack is afraid of losing her to Aku)
>Episode 10: Presumably when they become a couple officially with Aku out of the way.
>>
>>92480604
>my opinion is fact
>I don't like it, therefore it's shit
trying to argue with you people feels like taking bait
>>
>>92480578
>Durr get a lot of this faggot thinking season 5 of Samurai Jack would be Season 5 of Samurai JAck
>>
>>92480622
Ah yes, just want I wanted out of ten new eps of Samurai Jack
>>
>>92480640
Ah yes, absolutely nothing else happened between these episodes.
>>
>>92480619
The original series had a pretty fucking diverse vein, m8. The only consistent aspect were the disconnected, self contained chapters, so yeah, changing that for an overarching plot might lead to a different product.
>>
>>92480623
You got that the opposite way man. The fact you just used the "Opinion is fact" non-argument reddit users use proves it. Ofcourse its my fucking opinion, I wouldnt think it if it wasn't. And ofcourse I think I'm right, what kind of beta fucktard goes around thinking they're wrong?

Let me lay it out for you again.

I don't change change. I hate THIS change. THIS change to be a romantic sitcom focusing on a new character was a bad way to end a series.
Its execution is rushed, plots have been abandoned for it, and its made a shoddy final season. It didnt have to be the same, though it could have been, but it had to be good.
>>
>>92480630
Get a load of this autist trowing a bitchfit because he can't deal when things deviate from what he expected
>>
jesus christ you people are really overblowing the "romance" angle
>>
File: 1495021140806.jpg (296KB, 1575x1575px) Image search: [Google]
1495021140806.jpg
296KB, 1575x1575px
>>92478784
>>92480623
Ladies and gentlemen, the average intelligence of Ashifags.

"Dont like it dont watch" and "Thats just your opinion!!" both used, in 2017, in the same thread.

Welcome to Comblr
>>
>>92480691
This anon clearly lays out how we havent and hes defending it.
>>92480622
>>
>>92478550
I think I'd actually feel more for Ashi if they just skipped episode 8 altogether. The campfire talk in episode 9 was much more in tune with how I imagined their relationship to play out. Subtle and comfy.

Doesn't help that episode 8 was so clearly meant to be jarring and divisive among the fandom, and I suppose it was a sort of "breather" episode before episode 9 started the endgame plot. but it really ruined any investment I had in Ashi's growth as a character.
>>
>>92480678
>Y-you just dont like it cause its different!! If somethings different that means its GOOD
>>
File: 1489447432444.png (979KB, 1277x953px) Image search: [Google]
1489447432444.png
979KB, 1277x953px
>>92480666
>I don't change change. I hate THIS change. THIS change to be a romantic sitcom focusing on a new character was a bad way to end a series.
>Its execution is rushed, plots have been abandoned for it, and its made a shoddy final season. It didnt have to be the same, though it could have been, but it had to be good.
I 100% agree with this reasoning and sentiment, outside of the fact that I think the Season has been good.

I won't pretend the first 3 episodes don't smoke 4-9 as a whole, but I wouldn't call any individual episode "bad". The closest is 5, which still has the Scotsman/Aku scene to fall back on to stop it from getting there, not to mention some decent action moments and some neat visuals.

The original series had some 6/10s in there too, and a couple legitimately bad ones. It doesn't excuse faults of S5, but it's reasonable that Genndy's output is about the same in terms of quality even if some approaches are different.
>>
>>92480666
Stop throwing your tantrum on an imageboard.
>of course everyone thinks their opinion is right
It also makes you a fucking idiot. It's like you actually want people to think you're autistic
>>
>>92480703
Yeah, but you're acting like there's been nothing BUT romance, like Samurai Jack has stopped being an action/adventure series and is now a romantic sitcom.
>>
>>92480646
Cameos and nods from Jack's previous encounters, ooooh.

Ghost Samurai was fucking nothing, Jack's first kills weren't actually the daughers of Aku, Guardian gets nothing, Scotsman gets half an episode and maybe some scenes in the finale.
>>
>>92478784
You're a special kind of retarded
>>
>>92480725

Dont forget how NOTHING happened with the Scotsman or other fan favorite characters. Zero followup, zero involvement with the story. Sorry fans, we need more screentime for poochie.
>>
>>92480729
Says the guy who disagrees with me using the argument that "it just your opinion". What makes yours right retard? You havent proven shit, the only point you've raised is you keep whining that I only dont like it cause its different, when I've explained again and again why I actually dont like it.
Sorry I hurt your feelings, your precious season 5 shipping is garbage, deal with it.
>>
>>92480752
If you don't think the army Scotsman's daughters are building isn't showing up to attack Aku's fortress during the climax, you're delusional.

I wish they showed one scene of them gathering people for the army, absolutely (I'd probably use it as the stinger for Episode 7, but that's me), but to think they just dropped that is silly.
>>
>>92480729
>of course everyone thinks their opinion is right
This is actually true desu, why are you getting offended at him thinking he's right? Do you think you're wrong?
>>
>>92480793

Get ready for disappointment then, episode 10 will be all about ashi.
>>
>>92480768
>you keep whining that I only dont like it cause its different, when I've explained again and again why I actually dont like it
This is what I meant whe I said talking to you is like taking bait. What is there to refute about an autist chants that his own opinions are an objective fact? It is a compñetely pointless exercise
>>
>>92480816
Legitimatly hype, para ser honesto
>>
>>92480847
How about explaining why you think its good? I've said why I think its bad, maybe refute what I've said if you can?

Thats generally how conversations go, like in the real world, but I guess you wouldn't know that being a gay retard and all.
>>
>>92480847
>Cant prove anon wrong
>Hmph... there's just no point in arguing... nothing personell, kid...

Wew.
>>
>>92480768
Not same anon you're talking to you retard.

You're too blinded by hate. You won't change.
>>
>>92480802
I guess it does make it true but it also makes you look like a fucking retard.

You mad?
>>
>>92480900
>Guy I'm replying to literally uses it in post I respond to
Can... can you even read?
>>
>>92478550

Don't you see?! Everything is too conveniently set up for a prequel series about the 50 years of bearded jack. Screen cap this.
>>
>>92480879
>>92480893
>two replies to the same post saying exactly the same and 1'2" appart
hmmm
Anyway, there really is nothing to refute. You don't like the turn the series took and you think is shit, cool. People shouldn't try to debate you on your own thoughts
>>
We have bingo folks!

>>92480941
>>92478784
>>92480623

>Dont like it dont watch
>Thats just your opinion!!
>You mad?

All in the same thread. And people say Ashifags aren't braindead monogloids.
>>
>>92480526
I'm not sure it's what I wanted. But I'm damn sure I didn't want just more robot/bad dude beatings. I have like 80 some odd episodes of that already.

Any claims that is a betrayal of your childhood or fanfic tier are very hyperbolic. To the point that it's sad. This did not shit on your memories. You did. Your response to these stories is far worse than the stories themselves.
>>
>>92480977
Did I ever bring up my childhood memories? Did I ever say it betrayed me?

No, you're projecting harder than a IMAX

You guys need to get it through you're heads that I just do not like whats being presented. Not because its different, not because I wanted my headcanon to come true or some bullshit.

The. writing. is. bad.
Its poorly done, rushed, has many dropped elements and could have been better. I know it blows your mind that someone could not like the thing you do, but thats whats occurring here.
>>
File: 1476300377781.png (80KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1476300377781.png
80KB, 645x773px
>>92478550
>Turns out she's also the child of the antagonist
What part of Daughters of Aku you didn't understand?

>When we heard Jack was coming back, no one thought "I cant wait to see Jack fall in love"
I did.
>>
>>92481023
The part where they were a cult and not physically daughters of AKu
>>
>>92480975
Truly, this show has made us the real foolish samurais
>>
>>92480694
>Comblr
>He's never seen the SU Critical Tag
Ashifags are the exact opposite of tumblr.
>>
>Wait a decade for a (very good) cartoon
>Get buttmad when the hero starts to form adult attachments

Nope, no connection there.
>>
>>92481087
You guys are really good at handwaving away a rushed romance that was created in 5 episodes (with a new character out of the blue) during the last few episodes of a series
>>
>>92481043
That was never established, it was just the intepretation of some.
>>
>>92481043
The skin scraping didn't ring any alarm bells? The escape from the clamps? It was surprising, but some clues were there.
>>
>>92478550

>http://www.strawpoll.me/12982841/
>http://www.strawpoll.me/12985837/

All of your anti ashi autistic screeching only makes my penis harder
>>
>>92480752
To me it feels like Ashi has been forcibly written into the script. If you replace her with the Scotsman in plot-important scenes they would start making much more sense
>The Scotsman's spirit travels around gathering Jack's friends for his army rather than Ashi just bumping into them by chance
>Eventually learns that there's something wrong with the Samurai and saves him from suicide
>Jack goes to the mountain top to recover his sword, extra thicc daughters are given the task to protect him
>The daughters fight the mercenary army while Ashi faces her past by dealing with her mother
>>
>>92481167
I found it very organic and well-developed. I think Ashi is integral to Jack's development and the pay-off will be great when it happens.
>>
>>92478550
Hi my name is Ashi Dark'ness Tara Tartakovsky and I wear a skintight ashy black suit (that's how I got my name) with spiky hair that points upwards and shadowy dark eyes like my master Aku and a lot of people tell me I look like Princess Ilana (AN: if u don't know who she is get da hell out of here!). I'm not related to Genndy Tartakovsky but I wish I was because he's a major fucking hottie. I'm a half-demon but my teeth are straight and white. I have pale white skin. I'm also an assassin, and I was raised in a cult called Daughters of Aku where I trained since birth (I'm seventeen). I'm a baboon (in case you couldn't tell) and I wear mostly black.
>>
>>92481164
As a character shes fine.
Its the relationship thats killed this season. Its put her in more of the spotlight then needed.

If she was a student with a supporting roll, not starring, I doubt we'd have half the number of people complaining. Its called Samurai Jack after all, the tagline was "Jacks back", thats who the focus should be
>>
>>92481227
This. The character is egregious, it helps that they dont portray her in a cliche "badass" way.

Doesnt mean the last ten episodes should have been focused on her.
>>
>>92481164

>waifufgs

I never would have thought SJ will be a show ruined by waifufags.
>>
>>92481227
This.
Ashi's problem is that she gets way too much screentime for being a support character.
>>
>>92481182
She's integral cause they write her that way. I dont doubt it wouldve been a better show if the Scotsman was the one who was integral to his development
>>
>>92478550
since episode one she was called a 'daughter of aku'
why are you surprised
>>
>>92480975
Jesus fucking christ.
And we say SUfags are bad.
>>
>People don't want anything new and don't want Jack to care about someone in a way he hadn't cared about anyone before.

>People also don't want Jack to be happy.

>People complaining about how the season was different from what they expected and therefore don't like it.

> People don't think Jack, who has been developed as a character for 5 seasons, got enough screentime.

Wow, /co/ gets triggered so easily. I can't wait for the fanfics and people nitpicking the finale and the cringey alternate universe general groups filled with tripfags and terrible ideas.
>>
>>92481316
Stop talking like it was obviously a literal title from the beginning and not figurative.
>>
>>92480975
Meanwhile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn90RW99loI&t=70s
>>
>>92481352
Why do all these cartoon reviewers have the same type of voice? There's something in the diction that's consistent among these kinds of autismal youtubers.
>>
>>92481324
Nice projecting faggot.

>People don't want anything new and don't want Jack to care about someone in a way he hadn't cared about anyone before.
Jack has cared about people before, its fine. Its rushing a romance in the last second thats the problem. If they were gonna do it, they shouldve done it properly

>People also don't want Jack to be happy.
Whole desire for the show to come back was to see him "got back to the past" and win.

>People complaining about how the season was different from what they expected and therefore don't like it.
Different in a bad way idiot. You can mix things up fine, doesnt mean they've made a good product at the end of the day

> People don't think Jack, who has been developed as a character for 5 seasons, got enough screentime.
You mean people want the star of the show, who hasnt been in any new episodes for 13 years, to be the focus for the last few episodes? What a shocking revelation.
>>
>>92481352
"I thought that Gendy was going to take pacing in an interesting direction"

I love how "Pacing" is now a buzzword and no one apparently knows what it means.
>>
>>92481376
It's cause they've never talked with enough people to pick up how to talk properly.
Ever notice how autismos have really weird inflections? Its cause they struggle picking up mannerisms and empathizing with other people.
>>
>>92481352
>MisAnthro Pony
Embarrassing
>>
>>92481352
>Ponyfag
>Undertale music

It's like poetry.
>>
>>92481376
They also sound like they all have stuffy nose. It's so annoying to listen.
>>
>>92481437
What do expect from guys who post like this
>>92480975
>>
File: 1490899336879m.jpg (54KB, 1024x645px) Image search: [Google]
1490899336879m.jpg
54KB, 1024x645px
>>92481227
>>92481272
>>92481284
I never see these complaints for Andrea Beaumont in Mask of the Phantasm.

But I guess it's OK when Batman does it.
>>
>>92481452
>YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT ASHI BUT YOU NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT MASK OF THE PHANTASM
.... what
>>
>>92481352
>"CLICHES ARE ALWAYS BAD!!!"
This is wild.
>>
>>92478550
>show is like 15 years old
>new season in over a decade for a different demographic
I'm sorry, you purist faggot, but you can't be out of commission for 12 years and comeback without a jumping on point for new viewers. Ashi plays that role, she's entirely new and just as unaware of the deeds of Samurai Jack as the new viewers are. This allowed her to travel the world and revisit the people Jack helped without it seeming too contrived or expositional.
>>
>>92481452
Well gee, why do you think people are complaining more about a show that is airing episodes currently than film that was out in the early 90s?

I simply cannot figure it out!
>>
>>92478595
>Even if you like Ashi, even if you like the relationship, is this the story you waited years to see?
No because I didn't have any interest in watching a decade old show until this season.
>>
>>92481409
I thought the weird inflections were a result of pronouncing words the same way they first heard it.
>>
>>92481490
>It's different that means its good
>>
>>92481514
Yeah, that's totally what I wrote, You get a star for the day Anon!
>>
>>92481490
what's the point of new viewers if this is the last season ever?
>>
>>92481512
Exactly. They just think "thats how the words said" and dont grasp contextual, personal, or even dialect influences on inflection.
"Thats just how you say it"
Most other children pick up on that stuff like a sponge, not even realising theyre doing it
>>
>>92481483
Well, yes, I'd say they are, but there's a difference between a cliche and a trope.

Most of the people complaining about S5 being "cliche" are confusing the two.
>>
>>92481528
Because allowing new viewers to join in the fun is more profitable than catering exclusively to oldfags who are already in the know.
>>
>>92481552
oh yeah they made a lot of profit after everyone started pirating the show because of the rick and morty dick move :^)
>>
>>92481521
If you're going to boil down my arguments to a strawman I'm going to do the same.
Did I say it had to be pure? Did I say it had to stay the same?

No, Im saying it has to be good. They are uncountable ways to introduce a "entry level" character better than this.

Take, I dunno, Jubilee in the Xmen. Not an exceptional example, but shes there to let viewers understand context, not making the show all about her. She's not involved in some fanfiction teir relationship with the mc, related to the antagonist, stealing focus for the remainder of the finale.
>>
>>92478550

>One, Poochie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Poochie's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Poochie"?
>>
>>92478550
Yeah, this new season was a bad idea. Very unsatisfying, bad writing.
>>
>>92481607
It's not like Jack is a character that needs to have the spotlight 100% on him, I'm sick of people pretending that he is.

He doesn't have a lot of depth and he already has far good enough motivation, so he doesn't need much character development, especially after he returned to his old self after Episode 7.

Just because a character is the main character, doesn't there can be no focus on another. That's called a deuteragonist.
>>
>>92481655
It's funny because that's literally what happens with Jack
>>
>>92481126
So there's a new character. How large was the initial cast?

Jack, his parents, Aku. His parents are in the past.

???

I mean, I'd be as happy as anyone to watch a bottle episode of Jack and Aku locked in a room or something, but this isn't a Samuel Beckett play.

The stakes need to be raised from making friends with villagers, hence a deeper attachment.

Bro-saga with the Scotsman?
I'd enjoy it, but it wouldn't exactly be high drama that brings the series to a decisive end. Just another season of adventures and another inconclusive or undramatic ending wouldn't be very ambitious.

"Out of the blue." Sheesh. You're one of those guys who digs up comics from the sixties to explain why a recent cape movie is correct/incorrect, aren't you? There's such a thing as new development; yours looks arrested.
>>
>>92481714
Again, your twisting my words.
He doesnt need to have the focus be 100% on him all the time, but it does need to be overall on him, especially in a serialised story.
He has plenty of depth and the fact he was suicidal at the start opens a wealth of story and motivation for him. But like you said, the entire idea was thrown out 6 eps in cause the focus is on his romantic relationship with Ashi.

As it is, he's taken a backseat to Ashi and her establishment and development. The entire finale is about her.
For the last ten episodes wrapping up a 5 season long show, its bizarre to create a new character and give them an arc like this.
>>
>>92481743
No thats projecting.
I'm the kinda guy who expects a well paced, well written story.

This rushed romance stuff is not that.
>>
>>92481730
This
>>
>>92481743
>You dont like my waifu? Heh, you must be some comic book nerd obsessed with the past. Thats the ONLY explanation.
>>
>>92481793
What do you mean? Jack is still the focus, not his romance with Ashi. She's a co protagonist who happens to be in sort of a relationship with him. They've been involved romantically since episode 8, and despite that, their goal hasn't changed from destroying Aku to retiring to the countryside or something like that.
The entire finale is about Jack's final confrontation with Aku. Ashi will be in the way, but the focus is still on Jack and Aku fighting to the death.
>>
>>92481743
>So there's a new character. How large was the initial cast?
That's his point. The show was always about Jack and about Jack overcoming his own problems. Even when an episode starred someone other than Jack, like The Princess and the Bounty Hunters, it was still centered on Jack.
Ashi has only split that core focus and has done nothing of importance that couldn't have easily been written as Jack handling it, as the audience has come to expect from four seasons.
>>
>>92481452
Thats cause /co/ wasnt around when that movie was released
>>
I like this show!
>>
File: 632.png (323KB, 577x684px) Image search: [Google]
632.png
323KB, 577x684px
>it's another "I hate romantic plots because I'll never ever have a gf" thread again
>>
>>92479397
You literally cannot have the sunk cost fallacy apply to television, especially a short series like this. There is no way your time on this earth is that valuable. I'm wasting my time responding to a shitpost right now but at least I don't consider it a loss.
>>
>>92481811
No, projecting would be if I unconsciously accused you of a flaw I have.

I don't remember ever having wanted a remake or sequel to be a pure feedback loop of self-cannibalistic self-reference of the original. It's a common sentiment on /co/, though, which is why it comes readily to mind.

This season would be better if it were longer, and I think it suffers a little from being written to fit the episodes, like a ten-step program.
>>
>>92481844
>She's a co protagonist
Thats exactly what I mean. The show is called Samurai Jack, he's been the protagonist for four seasons.

Now, in the last ten episodes, they introduced a co-protaganist? Not supporting character; co-protaganist.

Its bizarre, way too forced and way too last minute to not feel jarring and rushed; which it does.
>>
Romantic plots is one of those main daily routines in people life, get used to it, anon
>>
>>92481921
This. Really reminds me of how Fairly Odd Parents have forced in a co-protaganist after how many seasons? Its not good wriitng.
>>
File: 1234324234.jpg (10KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
1234324234.jpg
10KB, 245x206px
>>92481904
>it's another "If I call them a virgin, their opinion will magically disappear" post
>>
>>92481904
I hate romantic plots when they BECOME the plot
>>
>>92481872
>Ashi has only split that core focus and has done nothing of importance that couldn't have easily been written as Jack handling it, as the audience has come to expect from four seasons.
But that's not true. Jack and Aku have been stuck in a status quo ever since he was sent to the future. The idea of hopelessness was plastered all over the season AND the series, considering that both Jack and Aku kept failing in incredibly devastating ways. Ashi was the counterbalance, something to break Aku and Jack's conflict stillness and finally put an end to it.
>>
>>92481872
So Jack overcoming his inner turmoil and suicidal depression is not worth looking into, purely because it allowed him to have a romantic attachment? How is that not a part of the adventure and character development?

Your argument is asinine and empty because you are denying character development while claiming that unconnected episodic stories did it better, even though the show was about status quo and random adventures. You are contradicting yourself.
>>
>>92481945
Honestly that's true for the most of cases.
>>
>>92481921
Also 13 years passed and [AS] is a little different from CN
>>
>>92481826
>It's a "daughterfu lacks the thinking capacity to understand that someone could be disagreeing with him for actual reasons" episode

Seriously, quote where he said that. I'm curious.

I can't even find where he called Ashi his "waifu".
>>
>>92481977
Different doesnt mean its good.
Splitting the focus of the show at the last minute is bad writing.

Unless you're honestly saying
>It's Adult Swim! OFCOURSE it had to have a romantic plot now!
>>
>>92481452
If Mask of the Phantasm came out today people would complain about it
>REEEEEE WHY DOES THIS MARY SUE GET TO TAKE OUT THE JOKER
>>
>>92481987
If he's going pull shit out of his ass to misrepresent me, I'm going to do the same dude.
>>
>>92481921
The final season's format is also very different from the original's. We now have a continuous storyline with problems that tie in between episodes. The formula had been altered from the beginning. Now, listen, I can understand why some people like you don't like it. And I don't mean that derogatorily.
The pacing was off at times, I admit it. But, for me, it was off in the development of scenes, not in the scenes themselves. I believe the format of 10 episodes wasn't too bad to deal with all these plot points, I just wished the scenes themselves had been better executed.
But despite it, I don't think those flaws destroy the series, and for every bad scene, there two or three good ones.
>>
>>92482011
/co/ is just jaded and contradictory. Ideally they would want nothing to change and having something new at the same time.
>>
But whatever i agree with you, anon. Ashi role ended on episode 7 when she helped Samurai to get his sword back. Maybe even episode 6. I seriously thought she got a deathflag after that, but Genndy thought she should be more important.
>>
>>92481743
>the stakes need to be raised
The stakes are the entire future of mankind.
Adding a love interest does not raise the stakes.
>this isn't a Samuel Beckett play
I wish it was. Some of the best episodes from the old seasons only featured Jack and Aku.
>>
>>92481408
Everyone complains about the show's pacing and yet no one can explain what exactly pacing is.
>>
>>92481872
This is a legit criticism, but I don't agree with it.

It's not the same show because the creator and the audience are not the same people. Part of maturing is learning how to deal with people and form attachments to them; we're all a little autistic as children. Jack needs to learn how to deal with "the real world," human society. This is often a bitter and embarrassing process.

Ashi: not really that important. What's important is that Jack is putting down roots of some kind.
>>
>>92482056
Has Jack not always had roots in saving his family?
>>
>>92482056
>Ashi: not really that important. What's important is that Jack is putting down roots of some kind.
She could have worked both as a romantic partner as well as a daughter like one, and that just serves to prove you right. Jack needed to get something new and positive out of the future, something he's never had before and that makes it less bleak. A new companion serves that purpose. But aside from that, Ashi is also a good companion and work as an individual character; I find her likable and I am invested in her story arc which has slowly fused with Jack's.
>>
>>92482085
Those are his roots to the past. Until now he hasn't really had roots to the future. Yes, you can count the Scotsman, but he's very different from Ashi. Jack and the Scotman have met a total of three times and despite enjoying each other's company and helping each other out whenever they have the chance, they're not exactly emotionally dependent nor have they gone through the same experiences Jack and Ashi have.
>>
>>92482085
Yes, except this season emphasised the fact that there is no going back. Jack derailed himself after the last portal was lost and that lead him to his depression. Him regaining hope is rooted in that he has stakes in the present and something to look forward to, and Ashi facilitates that.
>>
>>92482105
>Jack needed to get something new and positive out of the future
Why does the story need that? Any other time Jack has had positive experiences in the future, it's been thanks to something traditional being preserved.
>>
>>92478550
This. Seeing Tumblr bitch and whine over Jashi is funny as fuck, but her arrival to the end of the series means she got rushed, and she tends to take the spotlight in scenes that should be more focused on Jack (meditation scene for instance. Because the episode focused so much on Ashi beating the shit out of the army and her mom, Mad Jack 2.0 died ridiculously quick).
>>
>>92482026
Im fine with all that. People in this thread jump to such ridiculous conclusions whenever someone says they dislike Ashi.
>You just hate it cause its different
>You're just a lonely virgin!
>You're just a purist

Like for fuck's sake.
I like the fact its serialized a lot.
I like Ashi as a character.
I even like the idea of Jack finding love to give him some long lost hope.

But its been executed so incredibly poorly. While I like the idea, a romantic plot should not have been shoved into the last ten episodes of the show. While I like Ashi, she should have been a supporting character and not have so much focus on her. Its honestly ridiculous that she has more importance to the last ten episodes of Samurai Jack than Aku. The focus should have been on Jack stopping Aku.
Honestly I would have had the romance be more subtle, maybe have Ashi convince Jack go around cashing in favours his earned from the original 4 seasons to make an army and last push to defeat Aku, then have the romance culminate at the very end. Something like that.

In general, the writing and dropped plot point are just not up to par.

Its a weak season, but if you bring that up then people lob a thousand strawmen arguments at you for daring criticism it.
>>
>>92482163
>it's been thanks to something traditional being preserved.

except there is nothing left to preserve this time. au destroyed all portals permanently, and Jack lost his sword. He was trapped in the future without hope and without a weapon. You cannot go any lower than that without being outright killed.
>>
>>92482163
Because one of the basic premises of season 5 were that all the time portals were gone. There was no way back to the past; in order to keep Jack fighting for a future he considered hopeless he needed something or someone that pushed him back in the game. That someone being Ashi, both as a person and as the outside perspective to help Jack realize his actions had had positive consequences.
>>
>>92482085
Those are more like formal connections than actual, close relationships. He has friendly acquaintances, but no intimacy in his life.

>>92482105
Yep. Daughterfu could have worked as well. Though it would need a larger (physical) age gap.
>>
>>92482202
But again, as its been said many times in this thread, she could have been that push without stealing the whole focus of the last ten episodes.
>>
>>92482132
>>92482134
Had this season not made Jack's return to the past impossible, he would not need to have any stake in the future. This season offers a solution to a problem it caused. Season 5 is self contained, in a way, and I feel that this is a departure from where fans expected the series to go based on the original premise.
>>
>>92482194
Hey, I love Ashi but I fucking hate those strawman arguments. They make us Ashifags look like retards.
I personally consider the execution, while flawed, was still effective. The focus was well meassured, since we got to know her past and understand her better, as well as keeping the general focus on the effect has in her and the effect she has in Jack.

About the moment to execute the romance, I'm honestly indifferent to that. Whether they had kept it for the end or like they did here put it into motion episodes away from the ending is fine by me. I personally like their relationship so much I wouldn't mind whatever angle they had taken with them; the romance was as good as friendship in my eyes.

Finally, I wouldn't call it weak. Some of my favorite scenes in the whole series are in here and despite my disappointment in certain areas I still love it.
As for fan reactions, that's bound to happen both to people who like it and people who don't. If I dare say I like it a lot of thousands of people will jump at me as well with strawman arguments for daring liking it. You and me both need to endure the heat if we want to express ourselves.
>>
>>92482281
But she didn't steal the focus. I don't know why people keep saying this; every action she takes is related somehow to Jack, whether it's against or for him. She revolves around him; she's dependent on him. The same way Jack revolves around Aku.
>>
File: 9d9 (1).png (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
9d9 (1).png
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>92482255
I don't think Jack would have such intense hallucinations of his family's suffering if he did not love them.
>>
>>92482255
>daughter
>when Jack never had any intimacy with anyone to begin with, ever

Isn't that the bloody point of this romance? Jack was alone for 50 years. ALONE. The man was talking to himself and having lucid hallucinations. Ashi is the first and only person he ever got to close in such a way. EVER.

>This season offers a solution to a problem it caused. Season 5 is self contained, in a way, and I feel that this is a departure from where fans expected the series to go based on the original premise.

It actually resolves the problem past four seasons of the show had( a problem put there on purpose, mind you), which is the stalemate between Aku and Jack and the seemingly available but always just about of reach time portals that Jack kept looking for, not to mention, driving home the point about Jack's primary mission being Aku, not portals.
>>
File: 1494818910362.png (574KB, 589x621px) Image search: [Google]
1494818910362.png
574KB, 589x621px
>>92478550
and jashi supporters will defend this,, BTFO
>>
>>92482202
I can't help but feel that his hallucinations would have been more interesting for getting Jack back in the game. If the premise of the season is that Jack has fallen into despair, I think his recovery is somehow cheapened when he's saved by Ashi rather than working through the problem himself.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
>>92478550
>>92480666

>Badass redemption quest derailing a hero's triumphant return from existential destitution to conquering his inner demons with renewed morale becomes Twilight but different because the girl is mean at first

And you know what? It's not even the fact that they took the show in the direction that they did, it's the fact that it was executed badly.

Ashi goes from being a raised in a cave and thinking Japanese Satan made the fucking cosmos to complimenting Jack on his shave like a college girl after spending literally one day in society

And speaking of that shave, when Jack came back with that beard, I imagined that his eventual transition to the Guardian's vision as a bearded king was going to be a sign that he owned his pain instead of being owned by it

Instead, it's like they just went "OK here's that Jack guy ya wanted, now let's get the REAL main story started"
>>
File: coolo doggo.png (109KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
coolo doggo.png
109KB, 550x550px
>>92479483
Thanks for putting it out so well, anon, it's exactly how I feel about this whole conundrum.
>>
>>92482434
>I think his recovery is somehow cheapened when he's saved by Ashi rather than working through the problem himself.

I think you've hit on the hidden gripe of most people, and I feel the gripe exists because of preconceived notion of what is cliched and overplayed, as opposed to looking at the story at face value.

While pretty common, I think the greatest subversion and development at the same time comes from the fact that Jack is not alone and that he himself is not in a position where he has to deny himself all the time - his humanity and his needs are actually seen to and this catharsis allows him to pick up the fight once more. It also shows us that Jack is a very deeply feeling person that is no different than most of us in his craving for love, hope and future. Jack was never purely this stoic "through thick and thin" character, but a warrior with conviction who thought of home and loved ones irst and foremost and this pure hope is what fuelled his power. It was Ashi and hope she gave him that allowed for the return of the sword.

Overall, this was not only interesting, but necessary to both develop Jack but also to give him a send-off as a character that grew from a wandering youth looking for a way out to a mature hero who understands his task.
>>
>>92482375
A memory isn't a relationship, anon.

>>92482379
I agree with basically everything you said.

Giving it further thought, daughterfu would be soft-pedalling it, too soft for high drama. This is probably why it's popular. It's comforting. Sexual intimacy makes people nervous at the best of times.
>>
>>92482202
The whole nostalgia episode would have had the same effect, if it had been Jack meeting all the people he had saved and still allowed Jack to overcome his suicidal depression and plant his roots in the future.
>>
>>92478550
>fanfic tier writing.
listen, i agree with you. but do you really expect more from a cartoon? cartoon/comic/tvshow/video game "writers" are a dime a dozen and the bar has been lowering every year. if anything that should inspire you. any idiot off the street can write for comics/cartoons. if you are just slightly better you can become a legend in the game.
>>
>>92482611
>but do you really expect more from a cartoon?
After those first three episodes? Yes.
>>
>>92482379
I see what you're saying with the stalemate between Jack and Aku, but the new season never shifts the stalemate into Jack's favor, just Aku's.
>jack and aku are at a stalemate at the end of season 4
>timeportals destroyed so the scale tips to aku
>nevermind, jack's immortal so the stalemate is back
>but wait, jack lost his sword so aku has the edge
>actually jack got it back so it's a stalemate
>nevermind again, jack just gave the sword to aku
>>
>>92479543

He said many people, not most people, you literal stupid dummy
>>
>222 replies
>66 IDs

Really makes you think

[spoilers]*cough*circlejerk*cough*[/spoilers]
>>
>>92482689
>people having a discussion
Really activates your almonds, doesn't it
>>
>>92482689
>[spoilers]*cough*circlejerk*cough*[/spoilers]
>[spoilers]
Repent.
>>
>>92482689
That's about 3 posts per IP. Are you braindead?
>>
>>92482041
No one cares about the fate of mankind. People don't generally have an emotion attachment to the entire human race, they have attachment to characters.
>>
>>92482745
>no one cares about the fate of mankind
Then they wouldn't have cared about the first 4 seasons.
>>
Was the whole 50 year timeskip necessary? What the hell was Jack and Aku doing for 50 years where they don't even cross paths? Aku even knew somehow that Jack grew a beard but didn't find out about the sword until Skiddilydiddilyscatbot told him. No one else ran into Jack or just saw him wandering around and noticed he was without his sword? What about those other assassins that were ranked higher than Scoopadoopborg? The whole Daughters of Aku thing feels underwhelming as well, what even happened to the butch one that did most of the Ashi bullying? This season had some great moments (mostly Ghost Jack) but some really disappointing ones as well (Horseman of the Apocalypse, Ashi's mother's death, and I didn't even care for the Guardian but that was still bullshit), it feels like if it was 20 or even 15 episodes then much MUCH more could've been done.
>>
>>92482840
>Was the whole 50 year timeskip necessary?
It really fucking wasn't other than to make Jack miserable in the beginning.
>>
>>92482689
>>
>http://www.strawpoll.me/12982841/r
>22%

Will antijashifags ever recover from this?
>>
>>92482870
polls mean absolutely nothing you cuck, """"""""""""""jashi supporters"""""""""" are always backed up to a corner and never support their ship even though they """""""""""love""""""""""".,,
they at least know its terribly written HAHA
>>
>>92480211
What the fuck does the animation PROCESS being expensive have to do with good writing? A good script can be done by a single person with a pen and paper. Fucking Rocky was written in a weekend.
>>
>>92482870

I don't dislike Ashi, but I greatly dislike the way that her character has been written as the prominent source of momentum for the season finale and the season's jarring departure from the great initial atmosphere that was set up
>>
>>92482870
>people like it
>thus it's good
I know being in a majority makes you feel comfortable, but that doesn't mean something was well written.
>>
>>92482792
We cared about the first four seasons because we cared about jack, who is motivated to save mankind. Interesting characters create stakes
>>
>>92482931
Yet we all know what tune you'd be whistling if the poll was in your favor.
>>
>>92482931
>polls show what the majority of the people think in a particular subject.
>i.. it doesn't mean anything y.. you cuck. Ha... haha.. ha
Holy SHIT you're pathetic
>>
Aren't love stories generally targeted at women and effeminate homosexuals?

I thought Samurai Jack was a show for boys
>>
File: scots.jpg (57KB, 479x338px) Image search: [Google]
scots.jpg
57KB, 479x338px
>>92483193
>was

you got that part right. The amount of gays here unironically preferring Ashi bullshit to a manly rematch between Jack and the Guardian is disgusting.
>>
File: theoneframewhereashihasanose.png (188KB, 757x371px) Image search: [Google]
theoneframewhereashihasanose.png
188KB, 757x371px
>>92480140
She's not too bad
>>
>>92483290
God I hate the way Jack's face is drawn this season
He looks so... lame
>>
>>92483290
>>92483394
I miss his fucking BEARD
It's like everything before episode 7 didn't happen
>>
>>92483420
This.
Losing his beard is the most disappointing part of this season.
>>
File: IMG_9591.jpg (23KB, 232x217px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9591.jpg
23KB, 232x217px
>>92483193

In the first 4 seasons, SJ was a show for boys. Lively, energetic, high-flying and whimsical

In the first 3 episodes of Season 5, SJ came back as a show for MEN. Scarred, gritty, stoic, done with the bullshit, but still full of fiery piss and vinegar

Then all of a sudden it became a romantic comedy for chicks

I don't get it either
>>
>>92483394
>>92483420
>>92483490
I actually like the way he looks.
I'm not sure what's different, but it feels good to look at.
>>
>>92482931
>Poll with an almost 400 sample size
>has kept a consistent ratio
>means nothing
>>
I hate that everything has to have a love plot. I know it's because almost everyone can relate to the feeling of love, which is why writers feel safe shoving it in, but it's so fucking annoying when you're someone who can't enjoy the thought of love or relationships. No I'm not Mr. Enter
>>
>>92479665
Animation industry is great right now except for lacking as many action cartoons as it had back in the day. You just have bad taste if you think otherwise to be blunt.
>>
>>92483582
It means that most people have bad taste.
>>
>>92483614
Ouch dude...
>>
>>92483559
I can't stand it
I mean look at this
Here he looks COOL like a fierce warrior and with determined eyes
>>
>>92483614
Who hurt you, anon
>>
>>92483747
Here he looks like some kid waiting to get his lunch money stolen
>>
File: 992.png (33KB, 1020x426px) Image search: [Google]
992.png
33KB, 1020x426px
>>92483662
>>
File: 1494097638108.png (116KB, 299x316px) Image search: [Google]
1494097638108.png
116KB, 299x316px
>>92483747
Not to mention he actually has the proper outline in his eyes like he's supposed to
>>
>>92483747
But that's still nu-jack, he just has his hair down.
>>
>>92483793
But it isn't
it's a newer drawing, but he's drawn in the same style from the original seasons
>>
>>92483665
Sour grapes, anon.
>>
File: forest fire aftermath.jpg (378KB, 1024x696px) Image search: [Google]
forest fire aftermath.jpg
378KB, 1024x696px
>>92478550
Water
Fire
And all green life itself

Think carefully OP about who is who in our story, and where Ashi fits in to all of this. Her role is absolutely essential.
>>
>>92483845
Not sour grapes
The quality of a show is not based on its popularity
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80KB, 1280x738px
>>92478550
>Cartoon creator makes a show with lots or lore
>Main plot resolves around a battle between a man and a very powerful demon
>When tries to defeat the demon once and for all he gets sucked into a portal
>The last few episodes are extremely rushed
>>
>have plenty of loose ends to tie up, new concepts to bring up, and fun side characters to revisit
>do a retarded time skip and bring in a new character for a contrived romance

Don't apologize.
>>
File: Hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>92483747
>>92483773
>>92483790
Now that you mention it, all of my favorite images of Jack from this season have his eyes closed.
>>
>>92483614

I know what you mean, dude. Like it's clearly a universal theme or whatever, but just not one that you can really get into if you don't feel it in your gut.

>>92483670
>>92483771

Not being able to into romance doesn't always have to be a sob story, not everybody gets the same dopamine kick out of affection and cuddly stuff
>>
Abandoning the bike and armor so early on is the biggest sin.
>>
>>92483939
Neither is it on your individual opinion.
>>
>>92484034
I feel like the only reason a 50 year timeskip happened was so that Ashi was necessary due to everyone else being too old.

A 10, 20, or maybe even 30 year time skip would've been a significant passing of time without making every previous character too old to contribute.
>>
>>92484121

So, you're saying his opinion is still valid even though it's a minority opinion?

Why are you even arguing in the first place then
>>
>>92484121
So you agree that people liking Ashi has nothing to do with her being a good character.
>>
>>92484140
of course. 50 year time skip to vaporize the scotsman. no woman could have competed with him for being jack's final companion against aku
>>
File: Lava-11.jpg (54KB, 615x462px) Image search: [Google]
Lava-11.jpg
54KB, 615x462px
>Lava Monster is a cursed monster created by Aku
>Jack is fine with killing him because it saves everyone in the long run

>Ashi is a cursed monster created by Aku
>Jack refuses to kill her but gives up his sword for some reason, allowing Aku to continue having hold over others

Jack's priorities are fucked up.
>>
>>92484227
To be fair, the Lava Monster wasn't someone he knew.
>>
File: Untitled.png (206KB, 844x420px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
206KB, 844x420px
>>92484057
>>92483790
Episode 6 has a lot of scenes with squinty-eyed Jack and he looks great in all of them.
>>
>>92484262
Neither were Ashi's sisters.
>>
>>92484164
He can have the opinion, but he chose to badmouth the majority opinion for being the opposite.
>>
>>92484227
It's almost like you don't understand human emotions, anon
>>
>tfw the last episode will be convoluted as fuck and will lack the purity of the Birth of Evil fight
>>
>>92482307
I personally enjoy this new situation Jack is in. He has already shown signs of exhaustion, both mental and physical, in previous episodes from the original seasons; taking it further was an interesting direction and one that I believe was utilized for the most part pretty well.
>>
File: DaughtersOfAku.jpg (47KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
DaughtersOfAku.jpg
47KB, 770x433px
>>92484262
>the Lava Monster wasn't someone he knew.
And?
>>
>>92484280
>he chose to badmouth the majority opinion for being the opposite
Where? How?
>>
>>92484180
I don't know how everybody thinks. People can like her for many different reasons, including the idea of her being a good character, which in itself, is a matter of subjectivitity.
>>
>>92482434
He has been failing for 50 years on his own; having someone external to help him is quite powerful as well. Also, I feel that pushing himself out of depression would have been less realistic than having someone else helping him out. After all, most stories about a lonely protagonist living alone, depressed and haunted by their failures don't usually end in the protagonist going back to their old selves.
>>
>>92484338
>>92483665
>>
>>92484180
>the same dismissive argument can be used against you
>"S-SO YOU AGREE I'M RIGHT! JASHIFAGS BTFO RIGHT?
>>
http://poal.me/6wc48d
>>
>>92482610
It wouldn't have flowed as well. Jack can't just appear and have these tiny re encounters with those people; they wouldn't have just told him "hey, remember that time you saved us?". It would have been an entire episode dedicated to one person. Also, I feel the whole "Jack, you did this for us, don't you remember" is cheaper compared to Ashi being the one told of the great deeds her target has accomplished. It served a greater narrative by explaining why the future isn't hopeless while developing both Ashi and her relationship with Jack.
>>
>>92483544
Not to sound like Tumblr, but that's some bullshit right there. Men can enjoy romance and women can enjoy action.
>>
File: Untitled.png (284KB, 825x429px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
284KB, 825x429px
>>92484280
I'm not just being a contrarian, I'm against appeals to the majority. People seem to think that having other people agree with them makes their opinion right. Posts like this one are what I'm against.
>>92482870
>most people like ashi, my strawpoll said so
Well so fucking what? If most people liked something bad, it'd still be bad.
>>92484268
Another eyeless Jack
>>
>>92483544
>men can't enjoy romance
>Just like women can't enjoy action/comedy/artstyle
>>
>>92484227
>what is context

If you worked as a vet and had to put down a dog you'd do it, but if that dog was yours you'd probably ask someone else to do it for you.
>>
>>92484486
>Just like women can't enjoy action/comedy/artstyle
this is actually true
>>
>>92478595
>>92478550
>first couple episodes
>hyped af expecting a Kino's Journey meets Mad Max atmosphere
>love interest shows up
>ENTIRE FUCKING SHOW NOW DEDICATED TO HER

They should have just made an Ashi spin-off and left Jack alone.
>>
>>92484503
>if that dog was yours you'd probably ask someone else to do it for you
And plenty of people have done it themselves.
>>
>>92484503
>>what is context
A shitty one since this is not about putting down a dog but saving the universe.
>>
>>92478550
At least they foreshadowed it.
>Jack has been dealing with the fact that he killed innocent beings for decades
>girl comes into his life, even though she tried to kill him
>he returns to his former self with her help
>turns out she is a true daughter of Aku and Jack is forced to fight her, but gives up because he does not want to kill yet another innocent and the woman he loves
>>
>>92484375
>my strawpoll shows that most people like ashi, get fucked anti-ashi fags
>the opinions of the majority have nothing to do with the content of the character
>W-WELL YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER EITHER
Duh, that's literally what I'm saying. People's opinions don't matter and that includes my own. Literally why would I think otherwise?
>>
>>92484504
Why does DB and DBZ have so many female fans?
>ib4 topless hunky guys
>>
>>92484585
So you agree that you are just butthurt that you're in a shitty vocal minority. Glad we're on the same page then
>>
>>92484624
I mean, you just answered your own question
>>
>>92484486
men can enjoy both, women are incapable of either
>>
File: 1394589239986.png (256KB, 389x500px) Image search: [Google]
1394589239986.png
256KB, 389x500px
>>92484503
Many pet owners have euthanized their own beloved dogs if they became a serious risk to others. Your argument immediately defeats itself.
>>
>>92484549
The context is the conversation Jack had with Ashi not even 8 minutes ago about her being the one thing he has left he loves and how he doesn't want to lose her. Then, whaddaya know. He loses the one person who had pulled him out of despair and out of his suicidal mindset. Is it so hard to understand why at that point he couldn't handle it anymore and just wanted to die again rather than taking another innocent life corrupted by Aku once more?
>>
>>92484624
>ib4 topless hunky guys
topless hunky guys
>>
>>92484644
I genuinely don't know how you're getting that impression.
>>
>>92484278
>>92484317
Episode 1-3 ashi is not the same person as post episode 4
>>
>>92484700
I didn't, I was just being petty because I have seen people using that kind of argument every day for the past few weeks and it pisses me off
>>92484180
>>
>>92484402
>Jack, you did this for us, don't you remember
Better than "Jack, you did this for several unspecified people, don't you remember"
>>
>this thread
>FUCKING ASHI EVERYTHING WAS GREAT UNTIL ASHI SHE RUINED EVERYTHING FUCKING MARY SUE DONUT STEAL PIECE OF SHIT SAMURAI KINO SHOULD HAVE STAYED INSTEAD OF NINJA ASHI REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Yeah I like the part in Episode 6 where everyone was praising Ashi and asking where Ashi was, then Jack followed Ashi to get her a sword so Ashi could defeat Aku.
>>
>>92484838
It works better than Jack meeting up with just ome group of people for an entire episode.
>>
File: ashi.png (126KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ashi.png
126KB, 640x360px
>>92478550
Go watch Genndy's Sketchbook.
>>
Will I ever find love someday like Jack did?
>>
>>92484925
Imagine if other established kino added a random love interest.

Turning a solo journey into some romantic endeavor changes the entire dynamic of the show. From a storytelling perspective, making a drastic change like this at the end is a terrible, lazy decision made to fill a gap.
>>
>>92484293
More like /co/ will hate it no matter what. The only way to even remotely appease everyone is for.

>Ashi dies in a horrific way without even contributing to Aku's death, though maybe she can rejuvenate the guardian portal
>Guardian shows up alive and makes some remark about how Aku only managed to knock his glasses off
>Jack defeats Aku by himself, or maybe with help from Scotsman
>he goes back in time with Guardian's portal
>kills Aku in the past and the show makes a specific note of how Ashi will have never existed at all
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2015-04-18-19h00m47s24.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2015-04-18-19h00m47s24.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>92485140
Forgot pic.
>>
>>92484925

Greentexting in all caps isn't an argument
>>
File: 1438525115982.jpg (31KB, 374x510px) Image search: [Google]
1438525115982.jpg
31KB, 374x510px
>first 3 episodes were kino fags.
>>
>>92485140
Oh but I bet you'd have been totally ok if S5 stuck completely with the tone of the episodes 2 and 3, which would have also changed the entire dynamic of the show huh?

But even then, don't pretend you know shit about storytelling. You say it's a solo story but the thing is that prior to S5 there wasn't much continuity. Nearly each episode was self-contained and added nothing to the overall plot, as the overall plot was "Jack goes back to the past." Hell, by S4 SJ had mostly become a monster of the week show.
>>
>>92484486
>>92484442

Romance and romcom aren't the same thing

You can have romance be an element of a story without it being written like a cheesy a romantic comedy

Men can do romance. Romcoms are for chicks and sissies
>>
>>92484227
lava monster wasn't someone he had a bond with and Jack was flat out told the only way to help him was to defeat him
>>
>>92483290
Way to cherrypick a flattering angle.
>>
>>92485140
Actually I think it's suitable for the hero's journey for Jack to end with a family.

He started with a closely knit family in the past until the call to action (Aku) broke it up. Unless it ends with Jack returning to the past which I absolutely don't think will happen, he needs to wrap it up with a way to apply what he's learned with a return to the "normal", in this case with a family like he once had.
>>
I'm more annoyed at how the animators are insistent on making her look like a fucking monkey, when viewed from the side

it just looks really weird
>>
File: 1494395281214.png (181KB, 291x268px) Image search: [Google]
1494395281214.png
181KB, 291x268px
>>92485327
>implying you wouldn't get your dick ripped off by a monkey
>>
>92485356
(You)
>>
>>92485218

If you didn't think they were kino, why in the world would you stick around for the rest?
>>
>>92483048
>>92484452
>writing isn't something what I was expecting
>thinks they can do better
>instead they resort to autistic screeching online in their parents basement
Why are anti jashi fags so cancerous?
>>
File: 1437281423816.jpg (32KB, 671x503px) Image search: [Google]
1437281423816.jpg
32KB, 671x503px
>>92478550
>>92479519
>>92480705
>>92481227
>>92481672
>>92482472
>>92484526
>>92479483
>>
>>92485380
Why are most of the people here sticking around when they've been hating every episode since 4 and have decided the finale is going to be shit no matter what?
>>
>>92485412
>discussing cartoons is getting angry about cartoons

If you're just on this board for the lewd threads, you should make your way back.
>>
File: 1487991384149.png (171KB, 346x297px) Image search: [Google]
1487991384149.png
171KB, 346x297px
>>92485422
Maybe it's because most people watching it have waited 13 years to see the ending and want to see it for better or for worse. Are you seriously asking this?
>>
>>92485465
Clearly sound pissed, complaints are always the vocal minority.
>>
>>92485422

Residual satisfaction from the very promising start of the season, with the hope that it just might come back pull something cool off at the bottom of the final inning

But if you didn't even like how the season started in the first place, it's harder to imagine the justification
>>
>>92485467
It was to make a point that many people aren't watching it because they like it. They are either watching it because they just want to see the ending regardless, or because they want to bitch about it.
>>
>>92485412

Disapproval isn't anger, and dissatisfaction isn't hate. Too many people jump to extremes at the slightest hint of friction.
>>
>>92485541
Considering the hundred of hate threads a week, I'd say there's certainly some anger and hate involved.
>>
>>92485422
>>92485380
This is why SJ haters are the biggest cancerous group in /co right now. They think they are doing us a favor by """""""""critiquing""""""""" but really all they are doing is plugging in buzzwords and hope somehow they are relevant at all.

Take a look at the polls floating around. They are just making a fool out of themselves
>>
>>92485505

If they really didn't care for it, they wouldn't be disappointed in it in the first place. Perceiving untapped potential in something isn't the same as believing it holds no inherent value.
>>
>>92485588
Quit posting metashit and talk about cartoons.
>>
>>92485467
>waited 13 years
Don't give us that bullshit, it was at most a year ago when SJ season 5 was announced. No one knew it was going to be concluded.
>>
>>92485400
I didn't express anything like that.
What are you talking about?
>>
>>92485622
Okay, what I'm expecting for the finale is closure. Not epic, but satisfying.
>>
Why do people have issues with the voice actress again? She's pretty good. Ashi's terrified tone is done pretty well while she's possessed.
>>
>>92485588

See

>>92485541

You are blowing this a bit out of proportion, don't you think? I haven't even been around these threads for the most part, but it seems the slightest critique of the show sets people's nerve on fire. The show isn't terrible but it's had some weak links in the chain for sure. I'd say some of it might even be attributed to time constraints putting pressure on the writing staff to resolve things rapidly.
>>
File: 1428868050375.gif (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1428868050375.gif
3MB, 720x404px
>>92478578
...oh god DAMMIT
>>
>>92485629
Except they've been talking about ending it for years.
>>
We're no better than /v/ or /tv/.
>>
>>92485692
Are you serious? There have been dozens of threads a day about how S5 post-E3 is horrible in every way, nitpicking every little thing and blowing it all out of proportion. Don't even pretend like the people making 'critiques' are somehow victims here.
>>
the only thing wrong with S5 is ashi, this is a fact
>>
>>92485798

>There have been dozens of threads a day about how S5 post-E3 is horrible in every way

That so? This is honestly the first time since before Season 5 started that I've actually taken a look at /co/ for any reason besides the weekly watch thread

Spending too much time on any board is always a bad idea. You get way to wrapped up in the bullshit

That said, see you guys Saturday!
>>
>>92485692
>You are blowing this a bit out of proportion, don't you think?
Am I though? In the past few weeks there were at least 10 threads everyday about how the new SJ is a total shit show and how Genndy is a hack.

None of them were criticism, just childish complaints how it should have went in a different direction
>>
>>92485753
I don't know about you, but I started watching Samurai Jack back in 2015 and every time I started a thread to talk about it because of how into it I was they died pretty soon because nobody was paying attention to them. So, allow me to doubt the "anticipation" you say everyone was feeling.
>>
>>92479556
The pacing went to hell after episode 4. This is when they learned they weren't getting more episodes to do shit.

I like Ashi, but she is really rushed development wise. She will either die, or Jack will die and she will carry on his mission.
>>
>>92485825
Ashi is fine. The pacing in some areas can be a greater problem; the only time I felt let down was during the sequence when Jack regained his sword because it went by too fast for me to properly enjoy it. Ashi's fight with her mother also felt a little lackluster. It was decent, but I felt it wasn't being given the importance it should have been given. Most of my complains come from episode 7 and the ending of episode 5.
>>
>>92478595
To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything, with Samurai Jack literally fucking anything goes.

Remember how Jack fighting powerful deities that are capable of fighting off Aku was a gangsters episode, or Jack is naked, or how in fifth episode he went to space?
>>
>>92479693
Hey now... Let's not get too hasty here

I'd say they're about even
>>
>>92486047
Pacing is just code for "Episodes I don't like" now. The only episodes with any real pacing problems are 5 and 7.
>>
File: kaworu head.jpg (10KB, 346x200px) Image search: [Google]
kaworu head.jpg
10KB, 346x200px
>>92478550
You guys have to admit that at least Shinji Ikari got the work done. Yeah, he collapsed after killing his love interest who happen to be the child of the antagonist/part of the antagonist but if it wasn't for being inside a twisted show with everyone having secret agendas, mankind would be saved. Checkmate /co/
>>
>>92486134
Pacing means they cram too much character development into too few episodes. I know there is an implied time skip of weeks, Ashi does a 180 from murderslut too fast.
>>
>>92486176
That 'time skip' you refer to was mostly episode 5. And you say that, but she was really just a murderslut for Jack.
>>
File: clairvoyant trancendental autism.jpg (106KB, 1553x278px) Image search: [Google]
clairvoyant trancendental autism.jpg
106KB, 1553x278px
>>92478550
gaze beyond the veil of your own emotions anon
>>
>>92485825
Ashi is fine, the problem is HOW she is used
>>
>>92478784
If you don't like people criticising the show, don't read the threads.
>>
>>92486682
If you don't like people telling you that you're a whiny shit who needs to find something else to do other than spending all day talking about how S5 is irredeemable and awful in ever way, don't read the replies.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>92486219

She didn't have a day of exposure to society, no experience with casual conversation, she was trained to have zero compassion for her dead sisters, and the only kind of interaction she was familiar with was physical violence. She and her sisters couldn't even comprehend two deer being near each other without one of them killing the other, it freaked them out.

Then she just steps out into the world, makes designer clothes out of leaves with no reference, dances at a rave and chats up strangers in a bar with no problem?

My suspension of disbelief is infinite for ninja acrobatics and cartoon superpowers, but psychological absurdism is a bit harder
>>
>>92486774
And yet, here you are, still reading this thread that you hate.
>>
>>92486831
>She didn't have a day of exposure to society, no experience with casual conversation
that's what her journey in episode 6 was, it's implied she went a lot farther and met a lot more people than we saw
>she was trained to have zero compassion for her dead sisters
she got angry about it when her mother confronted her
>>
>>92486911

Being isolated from society from birth regularly fucks people up beyond repair, even in this cartoon it would have made more sense if her transition took several years instead of less than a month with no incidents

But we don't have to agree
>>
>>92480694
I wonder when the Gorillaz cartoon will come
>>
>>92486831
She still understood the basics of communication, which is mostly what she demonstrates once she actually tries to. Being raised to kill a guy doesn't mean she wasn't at least taught that, and that isn't the same thing as being exposed to nature and strange creatures. The deer were showing that they had to some degree been raised to believe that strength is what mattered, so the more powerful exert dominance on others.

It's likely she was taught some kind of survival skills, as otherwise they wouldn't live long when sent out to hunt down Jack. You say they are designer clothes but they're really just a bunch of leaves she threw together. You say she danced at a rave, but all she was really doing was mimicking what they were doing. You say she chatted up strangers at a bar, but all she did was ask where Jack was. They did most of the talking.

You say that her being isolated from society fucks people up beyond repair, but that isn't entirely true. Also it isn't the same as her being isolated from any sort of human contact. It might have been a training from hell that demanded her to not care that much about her 'sisters', but she still presumably had human interaction and understood how to function to some degree. It doesn't help that we only see bits of what her life was like growing up, so we can only make assumptions of what it was like in it's entirety.
>>
>>92487041
>Being isolated from society from birth regularly fucks people up beyond repair
so does being thrown through brick walls, but Jack and Ashi manage to shake it off just fine. They're cartoon characters at the end of the day, so a light explanation for physical and emotional recovery is acceptable
>>
>>92482393
Sheen please kindly go fuck off. You act as if your own cartoon wasn't completely horse shit.

I would gladly take this whole season of Samurai Jack over a single minute of that piece of shit known as Planet Sheen any day of week
>>
>>92481904
AShit was suppose to fuck off after episode 4 and only make slight appearances throughout the show.

It's like making Elise become Dan's best buddy and also steal his focus and screentime and make Dan forget his revenge in favor of cucking Chris for his wife.

Do you want the Elise show or do you want the Dan show?

Dan? DAN
WAKE UP DAN.

This can happen to Dan Vs. if it gets rebooted.
This can happen to Rick and Morty right now.
This happened to South Park.
Don't jinx it.
>>
>>92487668
>pretending any of those other shows are any good
Sad.
>>
>>92485825
If she wasn't a Love Interest I don't anyone would have a problem with her
>>
>>92487668
>Jack is not on screen
>"Where's Jack?"
>Ashi show

Laughable
>>
File: 1495006915112.jpg (152KB, 464x550px) Image search: [Google]
1495006915112.jpg
152KB, 464x550px
>>92487535
>the physical damage of being thrown through a wall is equivalent to the mental damage of a lifetime's worth of brainwashing and abuse
They're cartoon characters, but the dark/"adult" tone of the show makes you expect there to be some maturity/exploration of it. If it was pre-AS era Jack, i'd probably be happier wit it because it was more of a kiddy show.
>>
>>92487668
You really think Dan WOULDN'T try to Cuck Chris if he felt like it?
>>
>>92481191
>I'm a baboon (in case you couldn't tell)

kek
Thread posts: 382
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.