[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Wonder Woman fly or not? If she can, how does she do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (93KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 500x244px
Can Wonder Woman fly or not?

If she can, how does she do it?

Also, why are the writers so inconsistent about it?
>>
I wish she didn't
>>
>>92468853
>If she can, how does she do it?
microfarts
>>
Yes, she can fly.

Pre-Crisis she "glides on air currents".

Post-Crisis she gains flight from the gods before leaving Paradise Island, then later gains sandals from Hermes that let her fly between the dimensional barrier that separates Themyscira from the rest of the world.

In the New 52 she initially can't fly but gains sandals from Hermes.

In Rebirth flight is again one of the powers she gets from the gods, but after leaving Themyscira.

>If she can, how does she do it?
Magic.

>Also, why are the writers so inconsistent about it?
What are you talking about? Post-Crisis she's ALWAYS been able to fly. It's one of her most consistent powers.

Someone please point out to me what comics she's not able to fly in, because I've never read one.

>>92468868
You sound like you'd be more interested in Xena or Red Sonja.
>>
>>92469546
Pretty sure she can't fly in New 52, or at least she couldn't when it began.
>>
>>92469588
Yes, which is what I said in that post.
>In the New 52 she initially can't fly but gains sandals from Hermes.

That's not writers being inconsistent, that's just part of her new origin retelling.
>>
>>92468853
Present from Hermes

It's magic
>>
>>92469632
It's not really an ability of hers though, it's a magical item of clothing she wears.
>>
>>92468853
>why are the writers so inconsistent
that's comics in a nutshell.
>>
>>92469683
It doesn't matter. Despite that there has yet to be a single time since gaining that that she could NOT fly.
>>
>>92469546
>pre crisis
>post-crisis
>new 52
>rebirth

gee and I wonder why I stopped reading cape shit.
>>
>>92469683
When someone asks the question "can Iron Man fly?", do you really think they're asking about Tony naked?
>>
>>92469808
Because you are too stupid?
>>
I don't like Wonder Woman being able to fly because it is one of the many power creeps done to make her be more like Superman.

Bring the invisible jet back.
>>
>>92470263
The invisible jet is one of the most fucking retarded things in fiction today. It should have died in the silver age where it belonged, and I'll never understand the mentality of people that try it make it work.
>>
>>92470315

It made her stand out instead of being girl Superman.
>>
>>92470407
It's also ridiculously stupid.
>>
>>92470263
As a hardcore fan, I would like to have flying as in "gliding on air currents" AND the jet for long distance flying. Flight has become too important a power for her over the last thirty years for it to be gotten rid of.

Also the morphing disc was awesome, it only got out of hand when you had the WonderDome being fucking sentient.

>>92470315
How the fuck is a silent, mentally commanded invisible jet plane retarded?

Or are you one of those mongoloids who thinks you can actually see the people inside from the outside?
>>
>>92469546
>Someone please point out to me what comics she's not able to fly in, because I've never read one.

Pre-Crisis because "gliding on air currents" is not flight and she only started doing so later anyway, plebeian
>>
>>92470443
>How the fuck is a silent, mentally commanded invisible jet plane retarded?
You literally just explained why, aspie.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.