[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate Bendis? What can he do to improve? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6091.jpg (52KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6091.jpg
52KB, 640x460px
Why do people hate Bendis? What can he do to improve? I don't think he's that bad.
>>
People hate Bendis? But you don't think he's that bad?
>>
>>92463547
Hes not that bad
>>
He's an okay writer in certain books...but I would never bank the entire company on him.
>>
>>92463584
He's not that bad?
>>
>>92463777
Fuck off
>>
>>92463453
even if you don't take into account the bendis-speak, he's literally the worse thing that's happened to marvel

he's a fucking reverse midas, everything he touches turns to shit and he's got his grubby jewish fingers in every corner of 616
>>
>>92463841
Fuck off?
>>
I don't mind him for the most part. He's written a lot of stuff I loved and a lot of stuff I hate. People don't realize how much this man writes so yeah of course he's going to churn out a good chunk of shit.

Things I like:
-Delivers on what I want from capeshit: Action and Drama
-The almost manga-like way his comics are structured. Makes them smooth , quick, and easy to read

Things I hate:
-His fucking style of dialogue. Why hasn't anyone told him it's annoying? I imagine having to talk to this man must be like pulling teeth if he thinks constant simple questions is how people talk IRL
-He's Whedon-levels of dogshiit when it characterizing characters that aren't his OC's
>>
>>92463453
What surprises me about Bendis is how praised Powers was. I've read the first 4 TPBs and only in the last one something mildly interesting happened but I decided to stop there 'cause I don't have money or time for something that takes so long to deliver (and what it delivered wasn't all that amazing either, just somewhat intriuging).
>>
Bendis is like all of the worst aspects of John Byrne, Warren Ellis and Geoff Johns, but with none of the good aspects.
>>
gr8 b8

Everything I dislike about Bendis comes alive in the pages he writes. the scenes, the pacing, the dialogue.
>>
It's pretty much sacrilege to say here, but I enjoyed his runs on Uncanny X-Men and ANXM. Though, to be fair, in tpb format. I picked up a few issues of both but the pacing was unbearable, it was pretty great in tpb format though.

That said, I generally don't like Bendis' stuff. His ANXM and UXM had some of his bendisms too, like his extraordinary ability to have character's talk incredibly out of character because his dialogue just has to be quippy and snappy.

Worst offense in UXM: Bunch of SHIELD guys point guns at Magneto, Cyclops and other X-Men and Magneto says "Hey, maybe take it easy with the guns?"

Fuck...
>>
>>92463453
Well...
>>92463900
This.

He can't improve, because I don't think he has a desire to improve, to begin with.

His storytelling drags on forever. He doesn't fucking care to learn about the characters he's writing, has a blatant disregard for both continuity, does radical changes for clickbait without giving the future any consideration. Thrives on retcons, which are not only lazy and overdone right now, but also reviled unless they have a GOOD purpose... like fixing the damage hack writers do. I don't think he even picks the villains in his stories beforehand, probably just randomly selects hyper-powerful ones to job to his pet OCs.
Oh man, the OCs. He keeps pushing those faggots like anyone fucking cares.
He disregards what better writers can do, or are currently doing, to the characters he wants to use for no fucking purpose, since he'd just pick any other and write the same fucking way.

And don't get me started on how thirsty he is to write SYNERGY books, as if it fools anyone into thinking his name still sells.

Sorry OP, I didn't mean to bash on a writer you like, just keep enjoying his stuff or whatever, but there's tons of stuff that doesn't get said enough. They should probably just bring back the ultimate universe so you could have your fun without Marvel ruining it for most readers AND writers.
>>
I hope if disney gets the writes, he will direct and produce all x-men movies
>>
>>92463925
Fuck off? Fuck?
>>
>>92463942
>-Delivers on what I want from capeshit: Action

That's kind of debatable.
>>
>>92464412
Feige is smart enough to not want anything to do with Marvel's current stable of writers. He literally kicked them out of the MCU.
>>
I hate Miles and hope to live to see the day when he's maliciously and spitefully killed off by some other writer.
>>
>>92463942
>-His fucking style of dialogue.
>-He's Whedon-levels of dogshiit when it characterizing characters that aren't his OC's

I just thought of this.
>>
>>92464432
People are being told Bendis is bad because we need to fuck off?
>>
>>92464501
I wonder if he's parodying himself there. Can he do that? I mean, bendis? You think he's that self-aware?
>>
>>92464504
We need to fuck off? Because people are told Bendis is bad?
>>
>>92463453
He stopped improving after ultimate universe and then he was mostly a tease. Its just a downward slide from there.
>>
He can't write a decent dialogue to save his life. There is no drama, no storystructure, only jump scares and stupid attention-seeking
>>
>>92464499
Is there anyone left at Marvel who doesn't bow down to him in order to do that?
I remember Hickman didn't like him, but I don't think he's coming back
>>
>>92464747
Self-aware? Bendis? No way, Bendis? Come on. No. Way.
>>
>>92463453
He gets paid to write fanfiction-tier garbage starring his OCs and completely shits on the legacy of characters he didn't create.
>>
>>92463942
>-His fucking style of dialogue. Why hasn't anyone told him it's annoying? I imagine having to talk to this man must be like pulling teeth if he thinks constant simple questions is how people talk IRL

he legitimately thinks thats how real people talk. Hes either watched way too many Seinfeld episodes or has not left his home in 20 years.
>>
>>92464955
It's because he watches Aaron Sorkins shows and consider it the pinnacle of dialogue in TV.
>>
File: carlos 3.jpg (42KB, 510x374px) Image search: [Google]
carlos 3.jpg
42KB, 510x374px
The worst thing about him is that he COULD improve but he just won't. He's too much into the idea that he's the next Stan Lee rock star comic guy. He could do a decent street book and could probably do more if he just cut back on the fluff and learned the characters. He's wasted potential the writer.

What I guess Im trying to say is, he's not Hopeless
>>
>>92465013
>The worst thing about him is that he COULD improve but he just won't.
>improve
Marvel sells the way it is. Improving it just drives away their customer base.
>>
>>92464771
Bendis is bad?
>>
hate the fat fuck for his revisionist history bullshit and constant pushing off his garbage tier oc's
tony builds a new suit in bendis' iron man run, tony dies in civil war 2 also written by bendis, riri becomes new iron man in her knock-off gundam, then for some reason between issues 2 and 3 she starts wearing tony's suit and everyone acts like she made it herself.
>>
>>92465166
Bendis? Bad?
>>
>>92465231
Brian Michael Bendis? Bendis? Bad?
>>
>>92463942
>manga-like way his comics are structured. Makes them smooth , quick, and easy to read

I don't think I've ever read a manga that has dragged on as badly as some of Bendis' comics have.
>>
>>92465287

Berserk moves at a faster than his books do, counting all the hiatus
>>
Bendis does not understand character voice. His Doctor Doom and his Kitty Pryde and his Peter Quill basically all sound the same.
>>
>>92465013
>What I guess Im trying to say is, he's not Hopeless

I see what you did there.
>>
>>92464501
>guys I'm not- I'm not lying
>doom
he is really out to destroy everything we love

do you think he answers to some dark master, gaining fame and money in exchange destroying the MU?

it makes sense because his earlier books like daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man (before he bennised peter) are legit great
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.