[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for /co/mrades born in 1997: did you grow up moreso

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 3

File: 1455302946940-2.png (2MB, 1195x893px) Image search: [Google]
1455302946940-2.png
2MB, 1195x893px
Question for /co/mrades born in 1997: did you grow up moreso with Millennial cartoons like "Samurai Jack", "Dave the Barbarian", "American Dragon Jake Long", "Invader Zim", "Rocket Power", "The Weekenders", and "Recess"?

Or Gen Z cartoons like "Phineas and Ferb", "Chowder", "Making Fiends", "Total Drama Island", "Fanboy and Chum Chum", and "Flapjack'?
>>
>>92455525
fuck off mid-2000's spammer
>>
>>92455563
Who?
>>
>>92455525
Both.

t. '95er
>>
>>92455525
Mostly millennial cartoons. Caught some gen Z cartoons before I stopped watching cartoons as much
>>
>>92455737
Oh yeah, '96 if that matters.
>>
I was born in 92 and I like and dislike things from both of those groups.
>>
98 here, your times are a bit off. From those lists, Dave thr Barbarian, Chowder, Making Fiends, Flapjack and TDI are the ones I identify with my childhood the most. But where's the Ben 10, Puffy AmiYumi, ATLA and Xiaolin Showdown? Seems like a bit of a gap.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fxls1XrcJc
>>
>>92457410
Scam
>>
>>92455525
'97 here and Millennial cartoons. I stopped watching cartoons much around 2008, ATLA being the last one that I really kept up with. The cartoons I'd say defined my childhood the most would be Recess, Spongebob, Kim Possible, and ATLA. Was never a big CN fan for some reason.
>>
>>92455525
'97 on the dot here
>"Samurai Jack
Never watched it while it was airing or too young to remember
>"Dave the Barbarian"
Loved this, watched it all the time
>"American Dragon Jake Long", "Invader Zim", "Rocket Power",
Hated Jake Long, never saw the other cartoons air, have never even heard of Rocket Power
>"The Weekenders", and "Recess"?
Watched these all the time, loved recess
>"Phineas and Ferb", "Chowder", "Making Fiends", "Total Drama Island", "Fanboy and Chum Chum", and "Flapjack'?
I don't know what making fiends is and I thought Fan boy and Chum Chum and Chowder were disgusting. I watched Phineas and Ferb and the first season of TDI everyday. Flapjack was fuckin weird, I didn't appreciate it until I was older.

My favourite show was Avatar when I was a kid, that was around 2005 when I was 8.
>>
Does anyone else think the op is dead-on marking Gen Z kid culture as starting around late 2006/2007?

In late 2006, many things from early 00s came to an end such as the 6th gen of video gaming, tv shows like The West Wing, Malcolm in the Middle, the Bernie Mac Show, That's 70 Show, Will&Grace. Hannah Montana and High School Musical became the faces of Disney Channel, replacing more early 2000s-styled fare like Lizzie mcguire and Even stevens. Wii and PS3 came out during the year and mandatory DLC became common in games. A notable shift from the "kid culture" of 2000-Mid 2006 when the PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube were big and there was little mandatory DLC.
>>
Born in 89. There were better kid shows on in 97 than 07
>>
>>92455525
>born in 97'
Holy fuck get out
>>
>>92457749
Ok gramps
>>
>>92456645
Same. None of these were really "Millennial" or "Gen Z". Just mid-late 00's.

And "Millennial" covers a fairly long period, so it's kind of blurred. IMO all of these are "Millennial" cartoons.
>>
I was born in 1981.

Collectively get the fuck off my cartoon lawn.
>>
>>92458323
whew and i thought i was the only old guy on this shit board. 88 here hoss. their cartoons are shit though.
>>
1996 birth here. I feel like most of my fond memories of watching cartoons as a kid came from the first set of shows; I specifically recall watching all of those in some capacity.

I'd say around the time those Gen Z shows came out I was more cynical, playing video games/browsing the internet, etc. and watched them less. I was one of those "Chowder & Flapjack can't compare to the Cartoon Cartoon days" kids who didn't know shit and didn't realize they were both pretty good.
>>
>>92458299
>And "Millennial" covers a fairly long period
1982-2004 if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>92458323
'87 here. Let's sit on the porch and talk about how much we hate the young people.
>>
>>92458461
It ends earlier than that. "Millenial" means that they grew up as we were hitting the new Millenium. I'd say '99 at the LATEST, but some people would argue it'd end in the early 90s so that it'd include people between puberty and college when it became 2000.
>>
>>92455525
Mostly late Millenial/early Gen Z. So shit like KND, Grim Adventures and Ben 10, but going as late as Chowder and Flapjack.
>>
>>92455648
This
>>
>>92455525
'97 baby here, I watched every single show you listed. though I didn't like Fanboy and Chum Chum much.
>>
>>92455525
98er here, the former.
>>
>>92455525
>no cow and chicken, I am weasel, Dexter's Lab, Rocko's, Ren and stimpy, PPG, Megas, angry beavers, hey arnold, catdog, rugrats, johny bravo, ed, edd, and eddy, time squad, bob the builder, courage, swat kats,2 stupid dogs, the mask

where all of these shows gone '97+?

truly <'93s Children are the superior 90's kids

>>92459788
i never understood the appeal on fanboy and chumchum. i categorize them with late 3d nicktoons, barnyards and what have you. and they are all shit.
>>
>>92455525
Both. Born 1998.
>>
>>92455525
Both, my earliest cartoons were Dave, weekenders, and Recess, I also remember watching the others occasionally. I didn't really like the gen z as much, but I did find some of them pretty good
>>
>>92457749
>20 is too young to be on a internet image board about cartoons
>>
>>92455525
Born in '97, didn't get cable until 2004, but was still definitely into the former. Of the later list, I've only seen Chowder and Flapjack, and can count the times I watched either on one hand.

EEnE, pre-movie Spongebob, and GAoBaM were my favorites, I think. I also had tapes of Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain, and would watch Ren and Stimpy and Rocko at my babysitter's house (was there 5 days a week for 2.5 hours for like 5 years) and really liked them. My dad and I watched a lot of classic cartoons as well.
>>
>>92455525
Millenial cartoons

I never liked Ztoons. Too randumb for my taste. Exceptions: P&F, Gravity Falls, SU
>>
>born in 91

Sorry guys. Lots of these shows are pretty cool though
>>
>>92455525
'93 here
I experienced all of them
>>92457327
by the time you reached 5 years old it was already 2003, soryr to be the one to tell you but you're not a 90's millenial kid
>>92457475
the ssame goes for you
>>
>>92455525
I was born in 1995 and i watched
Samurai Jack", "Dave the Barbarian", "American Dragon Jake Long", "Invader Zim", "Rocket Power", "The Weekenders", and "Recess"?

Or Gen Z cartoons like "Phineas and Ferb", "Chowder", "Total Drama Island", "Flapjack'

Making fiends didn't air in my country and for some reason i find it Fanboy and Chum Chum annoying
>>
>>92455525
At most 2 of the gen Z ones, the rest from the millenial ones
>>
>>92461937
What's exactly a millenial? i know this is a US term because the rest of the world don't use it, but what people are millenials and what people are the borns in 94 to 98?
>>
File: doc_shrek.jpg (24KB, 480x524px) Image search: [Google]
doc_shrek.jpg
24KB, 480x524px
>>92455525
Samurai jack
Rocket power
Scooby doo
Topcat
spongebob
Fairly odd parents
Pokemon
Naruto
Dragon ball
One piece
My life as a teenage robot
Flapjack
Chowder
Teen titans
Duck dodgers
Kim possible
Totally spies
Grimm adventures of billy and mandy
Recess
Hey Arnold
Rugrats
Batman the animated series
The batman
Static shock
Animaniacs
Digimom
Tom and jerry
Looney toons
Jacky Chan adventures

Thats the animated shit i remember watching and liking growing up
>>
>>92462011
Fuck i forgot dexters lab, powerpuff girls, courage the cowardly dog, mr meaty, ed edd and eddy, and fosters home for imaginary friends.

Thanks for reminding me anon >>92459919
>>
Born in 1999

Grew up with millenial stuff because I'm a Britfag and free kids channels only played 90's/00's cartoons, mostly Season 3 Arthur and ancient Scooby Doo episodes over and over again. Also lots of obscure stuff like Mona The Vampire and Clifford the Big Red Dog

I never had luxury cartoon channels like CN and Disney to watch actual good cartoons
>>
>>92455525
99 here, it's really more a question of poorfags vs richfags.

I was too poor to afford shit like PS3's and cable after I was like 10, so I mainly stuck to PS2 era games and mainly remember reruns of early/mid 2000s cartoons and Disney Renaissance movies.

I do remember liking Chowder/Flapjack/Alien Force but that's about it.
>>
>>92462168
Oh, and TDI and Making Fiends were the most based of based shows. El Tigre and Mighty B were pretty gud too.
>>
>>92462003
In the US Millennial was interchangeable with Gen Y and Echo Boomer to mean kids born after Gen X during the 1980s and 1990s before the new millennium.

However because these terms are ultimately used for marketing the dates vary wildly.
>>
>>92459919
I feel like nobody liked Fanboy and Chum-Chum, it was filler tv.

Penguins of Madagascar though, that show was too good for how shitty Nickelodeon was at the time.
>>
>>92462168
>too poor to afford PS3 games

But anon, PS3 has no games
>>
>>92462299
/v/ plz go

Does raise a good point though: Where did Z-fags shitpost on the internet before finding 4chan? Gen X had the early forum days and early Newgrounds/SA and likewise, Gen Y had everything from TV Tropes to GameFAQs, what's hip with kids now? Leddit? Tumblr?
>>
I was about to tell you off for being an underagefag, but then I realized that you'd be 20 by now.

I feel old.
>>
>>92462365
If 99 counts as a Z-fag then in my case it's still 4chan

I'd say for kids, Youtube is a pretty big deal
>>
>>92462365
youtube neopets and the gaia forums from what I remember
>>
>>92462381
>I feel old.
>is probably only like 25
>>
>>92455525
Mostly millennial and some Gen Z stuff like Chowder, TDI, and Flapjack.

EEnE was my favorite cartoon growing up.
>>
>>92458323
>>92458492
'86 here. I feel bad for kids today really. We should do our best to show them how good was.
>>
>>92462406
Z-fag is 95', theough the limits of Global Rule 2 up to about 07 or 08 or so.
>>
'95 here, I watched reruns and currently airing shows and didn't stop till the Adventure Time era.

So I laugh at these threads, I saw them all and then some.
>>
>>92462476
>>
>>92455525
The millennial cartoons are of my childhood, and it feels like the Gen Z cartoons just ended yesterday..
>>
96 here

I used to love the"millennial" cartoons but I never liked the gen z ones for some reason
>>
>>92455525
I was at the tail end of the first group of cartoons and stopped watching cartoons while the second groups was airing. Then I started watching cartoons again for some reason.
>>
>>92463559
Same. ATLA was probably the last I kept up with until Korra.
>>
>>92455525
I watched a bit of Recess when I was really young, but I mainly watched 4kids stuff as my family didn't want to pay for cable. It was all saturday morning cartoons and shitty anime for me. The 2000's TMNT was a favorite of mine
>>
>>92455525
Of those "Gen Z" shows you mentioned, I only watched P&F and some of Chowder, while I watched nearly all of the "Millennial" cartoons. That was around the time I got more into video games and less into cartoons.

t. '95
>>
>>92462729
There's no hard lines on this shit, it's a marketing scam.

New York times said Gen Z was 1996-2010. Mccrindle research australia said it was 1995-2009. Buzzfeed said it was 1998-2010.
>>
>>92464147
There really can't be hard lines on generations.

It mostly exists for marketing, but it's an interesting way to view historical events theough the perspective of the cultural youth zeitergist of every generation.
>>
>>92458299
>>92458461
>>92458506
I'm seeing people cut off millennials moreso in the mid 90s

Also, 2006-2009 kid culture from what I remember just had a very different "feel" from it than 2000-2006, as though they were shifting gears to appeal to Gen Z. Stuff like Malcolm in the middle ended and was replaced by Hannah montana, technology advanced at an ultra-fast rate, social media started getting big, Pluto stopped being categorized as a planet.

So I'd say late 2006-onward cartoons being Gen Z cartoons is a fair estimate.
>>
>>92462365
Yahoo Answers, YouTube, Neopets, and assorted fandom forums:
>>
>>92461838
They never said they were le 90s kids in their posts

I was born in 1994 and I'd say i'm an early-mid 2000s kid
>>
Born 98 here, mostly first set but caught some of set 2 when siblings were watching them.
>>
born 1997, only cartoons I remember fondly are ben 10 and FoP
>>
>>92455525
Had Dave the Barbarian, American Dragon, Invader Zim. Chowder, Flapjack, Phineas and Ferb. The other ones either didn't interest me or were never on. I can't believe you skipped Codename Kids Next Door though.
>>
>>92455525

Straight up '90 here, and I feel like I missed out on some decent 80s cartoons. Even shows like DuckTales or GoofTroop is stuff I barely remember, which was mainly because I mostly watched Nickelodeon. Though I do remember Talespin.

that and because I actually played outside and wasn't hung up on "Seasons" and "hiatuses" of cartoons like how today's kids are

Honestly I stopped watching cartoons around the end of TeenTitans and maybe Avatar, but even still around that time, I felt embarrassed about watching cartoon. Same goes with anime and stuff.
>>
1996 here.
I watched most of the cartoons you mentioned on the first line, and i hated some of those. Samurai jack, rocket power, those were awesome and will always hold a place in my heart. But Jake long really sucked.
I watched those cartoons as a kid and it felt pretty cozy, I really like to remember that.

But as a teenager, I kept watching cartoons, so i've watched a lot of Phineas and Ferb, Total Drama, Flapjack,tho a little less than I watched the other ones.

Now, as an adult, I became a cartoon fanatic and i watch that kind of crap all the time, usually i only watch one at a time, but i go from beggining to end, except for SU, bc I really liked it and it went to crap. But I watched GF, WoY, RS, am watching Samurai Jack again, etc.

Any other questions?
>>
>>92465097
Meh, never liked KND much
>>
>>92455525
'98er here.
I grew up with both cartoons, but millennial Nick and Gen Z CN cartoons have a special place in my heart.
I preferred anime tho.
>>
>>92455525
>Born in the year of our Lord One Thousand Nine Hundred Ninety-Eight

Grew up watching Nick and Disney Channel, so my Saturday mornings usually consisted of
>AtLA
>MLaaTR
>Spongebob
>Hey Arnold
>Mr Meaty
>Fairly Odd Parents
>Jimmy Neutron
>The Amanda Show (rip)
>Three Delivery
>Kim Possible
>that Lilo and Stitch series
>Recess
>Rocko's Modern Life
>Rugrats
>Making Fiends

Stopped watching cartoons around the time Fanboy and Chum Chum came out.
>>
>>92461838
I wouldn't call myself a 90's kid mate. Even you don't really qualify.
>>
>>92465299
>But as a teenager, I kept watching cartoons
Is this the moments when /co/mrade is born?
>>
>>92455525
97'
Never watched
>Samurai Jack
>Dave Barbarian
>Invader Zim
>Rocket Power
Did Watch
>Chowder
>Making Fiends
>TDI
>Flajack
Refuse to watch
>American Dragon
>Phineas Ferb
>Fanboy ChumChump
>>

Got everything good
>>
Both. Also saw some earlier 90's cartoons from Nick like Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy since they would still show reruns and later put them in another channel that run their older stuff.

Even CN still showed couple old reruns of Hanna-Barbera/Warner Brothers shows like Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies.

Did not grow up with old Toon Disney Shows ala Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Tailspins, etc. I'm fairly certain they reran Gargoyles again at some point since I do remember watching bits and pieces of that, but not much.
>>
>>92455525
Grew up with good Sponge Bob, feels good when the shit you watched as a kid still holds up.
>>
Didn't we have the exact same thread yesterday?
>>
>>92455525
born in mid 80s.
so, i don't know.
>>
January 1997 baby here.

Definitely millennial cartoons. I remember watching the pilot for Phineas and Ferb after High School Musical 2 and thinking the concept was really great though, never watched it afterwards.

All the other "Gen-Z" cartoons you named are fucking cancer (except maybe Chowder and Flapjack)
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.