/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When Disney released Goof Troop and Rescue Rangers in high q

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

When Disney released Goof Troop and Rescue Rangers in high quality, everybody cared. Why no such love for the 101 Dalmatians cartoon, which also got remastered? It's nearly twenty years old now. It was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH50vv8Bbos
>>
>>92449434
Never saw it, but apparently it was nothing like the movie, because it "Americanized" everything in what was supposed to be a British setting
>>
The only thing I know about 101 Dalmatians the series is that it has a bizarre cult following among autists. Every once in a while, you'll run into someone on some forum who's completely obsessed with it for some reason.
>>
>>92449477
Honestly, it being "Americanized" was probably the least of the show's problems. I loved it, but it wasn't perfect. Cruella no longer being able to try to hunt down animals was the bigger problem, as all she did was try to steal their property through a number of various schemes.
>>
>>92449580
That and Pooh, or Veggietales. Those are like autist magnets.
>>
>>92449695
I'm not sure how those are connected to 101 Dalmatians. If anything, the series is pretty niche.
>>
Apparently, it would cost $80 to buy the entire show in HD. Too rich for my blood. I'd prefer to download an uploaded copy, but the only lead I found was on a forum that puts the download links behind a paid membership.
>>
File: 1405061307545.png (324KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1405061307545.png
324KB, 640x400px
only good thing to come out of that cartoon was cadpig

>>92450440
I'll buy that for a dollar
>>
When I was younger I really liked the second movie and when I heard about the show I tried every saturday to watch it, only succeded once. As far as I remeber I enjoyed it, but now after watching the intro it looks meh to me.
Might watch 2 or 3 episodes this week.
>>
>>92450602
The intro doesn't really do a good job of showing what the show is like. Main reason I posted it is because it's the only HD thing I can find that was uploaded.

The best episode, to me, is The Making Of. It's a faux documentary where the characters are written as actors, and they talk about how they auditioned for their roles and stuff. It's a neat concept that is extremely rare.
>>
Probably because 101 Dalmatians' iconic characters (besides Cruella) were the parents, and the execs probably thought kids wouldn't watch a show about Pongo and Perdita when there was literally 99 puppies running around. Problem with that is, like I said, none of them were really iconic, so the show didn't make an impact.

Also as a kid who loved the movie and had lots of dalmatian toys they went for the puppies I didn't really care about, besides Lucky.
>>
>>92450694
99 puppies and they decide to make one of the main characters a chicken. Voiced by Tara Charendoff, before she got married and changed her last name.
>>
Fun Fact: the show runner was Jim Jinkins, who was the creator of Doug and PG & J otter
>>
>>92450602
Forget about I said, apparently the show came before the second movie but they only aired it at that time becaude my third world country loves to repeat 80's - 90's shows
>>
>>92449434
Goof Troop and Rescue Rangers was early 90s moreso (along with Dark Wing and Duck Tales).

Dalmations was more late 90s, along with the lineup with Extreme Ghostbusters. But it also had to compete with the emerging PBS like Magic Schoolbus or Arthur. Or One Saturday Morning fare like Doug, Recess, or Looney Tunes afterwards.
>or Star Trek TNG which my Dad would turn on on the weekdays when he came home
>>
>>92450663
Sounds pretty interesting.
>>
>>92450738
And I remember not liking how ugly they made everyone look. Now that I'm older I can understand why but when I was a kid I wanted to watch a cartoon about cute puppies, not Dobby the elf.
>>
>>92450853
Azteca 7 Disney Club?
>>
>>92450841
An older Doug showed up in the season finale, going by the name Xenox Five. He was in an alien lacrosse cult.
>>
>>92450961
Hell yes
>>
File: 671150366.webm (3MB, 662x540px) Image search: [Google]
671150366.webm
3MB, 662x540px
This upload isn't quite in the same resolution, but it was taken from the recent HD uploads. It's the only one I can find.

https://vimeo.com/199096372
>>
File: Wot in dalmation.png (745KB, 859x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Wot in dalmation.png
745KB, 859x1013px
Pitch me your idea for a new 101 Dalmatians series.
>>
>>92452038
A lot of Jojo references
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.