[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell does this show have such a high production value

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

How the hell does this show have such a high production value to it? I thought cheap shows and cutting costs were all the rage. Yet, this show manages to have some of the best, most expensive-looking chase sequences I've ever seen in a cartoon.

>That episode where they reverted to storyboards
>>
>>92428238
It's made in Europe by several studios. Division of labor and usage of subventions for animation by the individual governments.
>>
>>92428238
Is this bait?
>>
Ben cares. It'll be shit without him.
>>
>>92428331
I really hope he gets to truly end the series by season 6 and CN doesn't pull a Spongebob afterwards.
>>
>>92428294
Is THIS bait?
>>
>I thought cheap shows and cutting costs were all the rage.
I don't know where you got that idea (other than the general desire to blame the network for everything), but it's simply not true.
>>
>>92428971
>Teen Titans Go spammed up the ass
>Mighty Magiswords barely has animation
>Pickle and Peanut renewed for three seasons while Wander Over Yonder was cancelled
>New Scooby Doo, Ben 10, and Justice League show look way, way worse than their predecessors
>Avengers Assemble notably has worse animation than Earth's Mightiest Heroes
>The awful Tom & Jerry flash cartoon
>>
>>92428238
>High production value.
Take a picture of life itself, slap it into the background, BAM.
>>
>>92428898
is this bait
>>
>>92429321
https://youtu.be/n6KcCz4IKGY?t=28s

There's actually a ton of photo manipulation that goes into the backgrounds. Sometimes they're CG renders.
>>
>>92428238
Bocquelet took advantage of tax breaks when doing animation in parts of Europe and the UK.
>>
>>92429359
The bodies are also drawn FBF, its usually only the head that's puppeted:
https://youtu.be/W0-aGz2MMUk?t=20s
>>
>>92429321
Such an ignorant way of looking at things. Basically shows you know nothing about animation but dismissed it as cheap because lol real life photo
>>
>>92428238
will studios ever care again?
will we ever have a golden age again?
will they make those little shorts just because again?
>>
>>92429359
>1:34
Man I'd love a longer version of this to see it in depth
>>92428238
Gumball is fantastically animated due to the mix of styles. It does it really well and seamlessly. That storyboard episode sort of shows it
>>
>>92428971
CN is definitely making a reputation of itself as being as cheap as possible.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.