[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My sister told me about this and she's mad as shit. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 31

File: file.png (119KB, 760x568px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
119KB, 760x568px
My sister told me about this and she's mad as shit. What do you guys think?

Me? I'm having a KEK with my sis suffering. She's a dirty fanfic writer.
>>
You're a bad brother OP, You shoud love your sister
>>
>>92426491
Supes/Wondy is shit, as is your sister by association.
>>
>>92426491
The movie is going to be shit tho why the fuck care?
>>
>>92426562
t. A batfag
>>
These shippers are insane and don't get the character at all I'm pretty sure superman would never give the finger to anyone not even darkseid
>>
>>92426603
.....Didn't they have to destroy a universe in order to push Supes and Wondy to begin with?
>>
Steve is Diana's husbando
>>
Supes romance with anyone but Lois is stupid. It's too ingrained into the character and the latest retcon of the week can't change that. Same with Spidey and MJ.

Some characters maybe you can pull a retcon like that, but not those two.
>>
>>92426491
Based DC, NOT doing what retards like >>92426585 want.
>>
>>92426491
>She's a dirty fanfic writer.

That's basically what modern cape writers are tho.
>>
>>92426603
>"No words needed"
>here is a paragraph for text
>>
>>92426707
>>
File: woman2woman.jpg (286KB, 621x1000px) Image search: [Google]
woman2woman.jpg
286KB, 621x1000px
>>92426597
Bat is the only possible correct answer.
>>
>>92426491
Japanese people care about this stuff?
>>
File: mzlyzaohaky.png (159KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
mzlyzaohaky.png
159KB, 512x512px
>>92426707
>That's basically what modern cape writers are tho.

Reminder that somebody said "I think Lex Luthor is the only womb powerful enough to bear Superman's child" and the company was like
>>
File: 1208208631848.jpg (48KB, 182x300px) Image search: [Google]
1208208631848.jpg
48KB, 182x300px
>>92426603
Holy shit, there are people behind trinity pairing? I thought even shippers had some integrity.

>THIS LOVE IS REAL
What love? There's no chemistry with this sort of thing, it's just taking the two important people in something and smashing them together like dolls.
Don't even give me that "they can understand each other" horseshit. Someone like Lana can understand Clark and Lois comes to love what she learns about both halves of him, but Diana knows Superman as, well, Superman or Kal.

This is admittedly a poor example of their ship, not that there's much to choose from, but I was reading Kingdom Come recently and despite having his kid and all in the end one of the first things she does is come and tell Clark to stop farming and go be Superman. She tells the Farmer to STOP Farming.

Yeah it was a distraction, yeah he has obligations and all, but it's the red light of this relationship for me. Same thing in Injustice, she wants him to act like some kind of Super Dictator more than anything. Hell, she falls in love with him in Red Son because when she meets him he's more or less that already.

It's like a politician falling in love with a soldier during a conflict, and when she goes to meet his parents in the suburbs she's like
>Yeah, you need to move. To like a military base or something. I'm not doing this little people thing.
And he's like yeah sure I'll just wipe the significance of my upbringing away. Fuck my childhood right? All that matters is my powerset, position in a super team and popularity complimenting yours.

Fuck this kind of thing, fuck this kind of writer, fuck this kind of reader.
>>
>>92426491
>all the whiny New-52fags complaining about DC just erasing 5 whole years of history
God I hate them.
>>
>>92426738
This could only ever end poorly which is why it needs to happen
>>
>>92426603

>THIS LOVE IS REAL

What a great love story.
>>
>>92426831
>There's no chemistry
Same with any cape comic couple, they just love eachother because that's what the status quo is. Shippers are all awful. You "people" shouldn't look down on your own kind.
>>
>>92426491

I am also laughing at your sisters rage
>>
>>92426603

>Dat Pic

Jesus how pathetic
>>
>>92426781
DC was a mistake
>>
>>92426706
I want a good movie I guess D.C. Can't deliver
>>
>>92427108
I can smell the tsundere coming out of her pores
>I wasnt gonna let him die, you baka alien
>what are you standing there for? lets fight already
>>
>>92427110

Superman and Wonder Woman in special has no fucking chemistry whatsoever, though.

It's either them telling each other what great friends they're because they can understand each other better than anyone else due to how unique and alike they're (the last part is specially bullshit), despite countless examples of one don't understanding the other at all, or Wonder Woman worshiping Superman's power and manliness and trying to convince him of his innate superiority and the necessity of them pacifying the world, which is a plot that makes both characters unappealing as fuck.
>>
>>92427211
Who's talking about the fucking movie?
>>
>>92427231

She was totally going to let the old man die, though.
>>
>>92426597

Hey, man. Batman at least have chemistry with BOTH Superman and Wonder Woman.

Superman/Batman is obviously the superior ship.
>>
>>92426603

New 52 is created by an autistic Blue God with a Big dick that stole hope from the universe..... Superbro and Diana's Delusions became a couple in the New 52 basically doctor M's fan fiction and they think its true love ?

Anon Please
>>
File: 1635.jpg~original.jpg (163KB, 471x721px) Image search: [Google]
1635.jpg~original.jpg
163KB, 471x721px
>>92426631
Steve really is the only acceptable love interest
>>
>>92427284
Themyscira needs at least 3 nukes.
>>
>>92426536
with your penis, of course
>>
>>92427315

The funny thing is that the SM/WW book had more moments of Supebro and Wonder Woman failing to understand each other and arguing over the most inane shit possible than getting along. It worked more against the pairing than in favor for it.
>>
File: Superboy-26.jpg (179KB, 447x1439px) Image search: [Google]
Superboy-26.jpg
179KB, 447x1439px
>>92426781
Are you talking about this, or did somebody make mpreg fanfiction? Legitly curious.
>>
>>92426491
well, I uess that explains Booster' disappearing and all when they HAD the relationship?
>>
>>92427284
I never really understood the "How will humanity grow stronger if they're always being saved?" argument. First of all I doubt if it's even true, and second of all the worth of a regular person isn't really based on how able to kick ass they are. Hasn't been for a long time.
>>
>>92427524

This?
>>
Superman shouldn't be in a relationship. He could've saved a thousand people or found a cure for AIDS during the time period where he bones Wondy or Lois.
>>
>>92426707
>>92426721
l-lewd
>>
>>92426597
Batman/WW is kinda interesting because Bruce is always used to being the one in power. I would like that pairing if they played with Bruce's insecurities.
>>
>>92428177
I don't think it's so much that Bruce is used to being in power as it is that he desperately wants to be. I imagine a big part of the trauma of having your parents murdered in front of you is the powerlessness of it, how you had no control at all.
>>
>>92428187
Well, maybe I should say he's used to feeling in power. He needs to be in control of everything and always make sure he feels that way.
WW would take all that control away because unlike his relationship with Selina, he can't even overpower her phisically.
>>
>>92428177

The DCAU played a lot on his insecurities. He was the one who was desperately in love with Wonder Woman (kinda OoC since it came out from nowhere) to the point of forgoing his reasoning and acting desperate every time she'd get slightly bruised, spilling his spaghetti every time Wonder Woman would act mildly warm or teasingly towards him, and wallowing in self-loathing feeling he wasn't good enough to be with her.

In Joe Kelly's JLA run he was also afraid of facing her and admitting his feelings because she was too special. There's also Phil Jimenez's Wonder Woman run where Batman was basically shown as a huge Wonder Woman fanboy.

To be honest, i find these characterizations kinda bit masturbatory towards Wonder Woman. Batman pretty much becomes an awkward teenager that never fell in love before.
>>
File: image.jpg (345KB, 1536x1713px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
345KB, 1536x1713px
>>92426491
>>
>>92428483

These people are delusional. What great stories are there featuring SM/WW? Not to mention that the book was selling like shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (296KB, 1523x1478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296KB, 1523x1478px
>>92428501
I don't know. There are more of them.

The only moment that clearly stands out, to me, about this relationship is that time when Diana was saying "let's take over and kill all the criminals," and only stopped because Batman appeared.
>>
>>92428549

This page? And yeah. Wonder Woman was portrayed awful both in Geoff Johns' Justice League and Charles Soule/Peter Tomasi's Superman/Wonder Woman.

I seriously don't understand these people at all.
>>
>>92428573
Yeah, that one.

Every time Supes and Wondie get together it is just awful. New 52, Act of God, Injustice etc..

I have no idea what people see in it.
>>
>>92428605

They're not a fan of the characters, just the idea of the pairing. It's the prom king/queen dynamic that attracts them.

At least that's my theory.
>>
>>92427315
A lot of stuff in New52 was dumb crap casuals would think would be good.
>Captain Marvel is now called Shazam
>No red trunks
>Flash villains are now metahumans
>>
>>92426491
Fuck Jurgens. Cant wait until his shit fanfic crashes and burns.
Fuck this run.
Fuck Rebirth
>>
>>92427315

A relationship that started with Wonder Woman using Superman as a rebound because he was invulnerable unlike Steve Trevor who she tried to push away because she felt guilty about him getting hurt over her is now this grand love story unlike any other.
>>
>>92428724

Geoff Johns, the one who started it, said on record that he only did it because he had planned to end it uglily in an event cross-over, which never came to pass because the media buzz made saved it.

Then he made Wonder Woman think of Superbro as a mere fuckbuddy and still show signs that she was into Steve.
>>
File: 19.jpg (622KB, 1440x2214px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
622KB, 1440x2214px
Remember when Scott Lobdell used that kiss between Wonder Woman and Orion, which in her solo happened as a mere diversion and taunt, to imply there was something more going on between her and Orion and that she was cheating on Superbro?
>>
>>92428573
The problem is that they always try to force her into some relationship, which isn't really necessary and most of the time completely unjustified, perhaps with the exception of Steve Trevor (which has also been handled like crap lately anyway).
One of the best things Azzarello did in his run was showing she doesn't need a romantic relationship to be an interesting character, without signaling about it. She didn't need to give some long ass speach as why "she don't need no man" or any crap like that. She just kept busy with the shit that was going on in the comic, and you never stopped to ask if she was dating anybody.
More people should do like he did. Make her strong on her own right first, and then you can explore her romantic relationships, which would also write themselves much easier once you have a well grounded personality to build from.
>>
modern WW is the blandest, most boring female hero char in dc right now

i cant imagine why anyone would want to ruin soup herman by pairing him up with her
>>
>>92428299
Well, it needs to be written properly, of course, but I think it could be interesting.
It's true that the episode where he runs to see if she's well it's way to out of character, but I thought the one where he has to sing to save her was better written, and something Batman would totally do.
At any rate, I think what's best for WW is to stay away from romantic relationships for a long time, and even more so from relationships with other superheroes.
>>
>>92427340
We're lucky the facist bitch isn't trying to cross universes again to marry Steve Rogers since Cap went all Hydra.
>>
Don't worry, Superman/Wonder Woman shippers, you'll always have the Injustice universe.
>>
>>92426491
>we gave the broad strokes in action
>we gave that broad, some strokes in action

Am i reading too much into this
>>
>>92428894
>dont worry aids patients, at least youll be thin
>>
>>92427284
>>92428573
Are you sure this isn't Injustice Wondy?
>>
>>92426491
I'd give the broad some strokes with my penis if you know what i mean.
>>
>>92428825

The problem with SM/WW is that the pairing isn't based on the their chemistry or anything like that, but on the idea that they two are "important" and "alike" which often translate into being uber-powerful as to practically be gods and feeling alienated because of it. This bankrupt take on the characters that the writers always repeat make both look awful. Here are two characters that are all about being simple and human and their big idea is to make them look like two gods disconnected from humanity.

Then, because the writers can't think of a nice dynamic to make the pairing work, they resort to do the good cop/bad cop dynamic with them, with Superman acting humble pacifistic and Wonder Woman acting stuck-up and aggressive, and that's pretty much all their interactions in everything that feature them as a couple. Superman trying to teach Wonder Woman some manners and contain her temper, and Wonder Woman being wrong about everything and trying to drop every motherfucker they encounter dead.

I mean, you might think i'm bullshitting, but i'm not. See Kingdom Come, All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder, Dark Knight Strikes Again, Dark Knight III: The Master Race, DC: The New Frontier, Geoff Johns' Justice League, Superman/Wonder Woman, Injustice: Gods Among Us, INJUSTICE 2, Justice League Action...
>>
>>92428299
Couldn't say it better myself, my distaste for WonderXBat is from it being the opposite of SuperXWonder. While both are very forceful one is devoid of direction while the other is too heavy handed. DianaXBruce comes off as fetish driven the way he's designed as an emotionally clueless boy who needs a big strong woman to guide him into manhood with a leash.
Given her lasso and origins it's not even a little subtle, seldom do you hear what he'll do for her in the relation.

Then again, as I said, the opposite extreme is no better. I agreed with one anon in another thread that showing Superman having bad blood with Apollo (Olympian God) and Orion (New God) just so he could appear the protective boyfriend really only injured the character of everyone involved. Such trite dudebro pissing contest antics scrawl should never, not once ever show up on the same script page as the names Superman and Wonder Woman. Fucking hell, the fact I even need to say that makes me worried for what the scrutiny process is for the shit passing through DC editorial.
>>
>>92428988

>I agreed with one anon in another thread that showing Superman having bad blood with Apollo (Olympian God) and Orion (New God) just so he could appear the protective boyfriend really only injured the character of everyone involved. Such trite dudebro pissing contest antics scrawl should never, not once ever show up on the same script page as the names Superman and Wonder Woman.

One thing i didn't understood about Superman/Wonder Woman was the weird-ass obsession Wonder Woman's godly family had on her relationship.

In Brian Azzarello's run on Wonder Woman the gods were just getting to know Wonder Woman and most of them wanted nothing to do with her. The only ones interested in Wonder Woman's life were Zeus, Athena, and Hermes, because she was instrumental to their keikaku, and on smaller scale Ares and Hera, because one wanted to die and pass his role to someone else, and the other wanted to avenge Zeus constant betrayal. Apollo? He wanted nothing to do with her and was actually pissed that she was ruining his plans of taking Olympus. Once he and her reached a deal he was more than happy to leave her alone. Eros? He had just met her and just helped her in setting up a meeting with Hephaestus out of niceness.

But in Superman/Wonder Woman they were constantly popping up to test Superman, to see if he was a good enough boyfriend material, all because he was dating her. The fuck?
>>
>>92426597
Your right, I'm a dirty Clark x Bruce Shipper
>>
>>92428988

>Such trite dudebro pissing contest antics scrawl should never, not once ever show up on the same script page as the names Superman and Wonder Woman.

Superman constantly complaining about Batman as if he was insecure about Wonder Woman leaving him for Batman was a lot more stupid, specially when Batman's supposed to be his bro and throughout the entire 'New 52' Batman and Wonder Woman were constantly shown as odds.

1/3.
>>
2/3.
>>
I mean, what is the purpose of this shit? Why show Superman as an insecure and bitch-y boyfriend? Why use Batman for this shit, specially?

3/3.
>>
cgfgttttttttttttttttttttttttttttg>>92428978
See, they should play up Diana and Clark as a couple of country folk, the type who go to Rodeos and State Fairs and folk life festivals.

Both of them grew up in a rustic setting with an appreciation for nature.
Make them sweetly boring to big city heroes (pretty much all of them).

City-bred comic writers don't seem to get this.
>>
>>92429129
>>92429139
>>92429155
Fuck me, I think I blocked most of that from memory for my health and now there's two stores of it.
It's like getting two red lantern rings at once.
>>
File: superbatbros.jpg (1MB, 913x2880px) Image search: [Google]
superbatbros.jpg
1MB, 913x2880px
>>92429206

I mean, i get wanting to push the pairing, but there's no need to ruin Superman and Batman bromance for it.
>>
>>92429252
Now this I'm glad to see again any amount of times!
World's Finest 'til the day I die.
>>
>>92429129
He wasn't wrong, Johns had Batman spying on the two of them like a creepy obsessed loser because he was the one who wanted Diana.
>>
>>92428988
Well, like I said, I think the best thing for WW is to stay away from those relationships for a very long time, so she can be established as a strong character on her own. It's just that if it's Superman/WW or Batman/WW, I think the second can have a more interested dynamic, and can show WW in a much more assertive and positive light, unlike the emotional dumbass bitch she always is around Superman.

But I think the best way to portray her is the way Azzarello did. She was surrounded by different characters and dynamics: she learned from some, she taught others, some loved her, some hated her, some started loyal and betrayed her, some started as enemies and ended as allies, etc.
I haven't read Rebirth, but knowing Rucka, I bet he's doing a decent job as well. It's too bad that most people don't know what to do with her in team books.
>>
File: smwwend.jpg (184KB, 756x724px) Image search: [Google]
smwwend.jpg
184KB, 756x724px
>>92429308

Yup, reminder that TRINITY WAR was going to be the love triangle between Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman, and would result in an ugly break-up between Superman and Wonder Woman, and probably a fight between Superman and Batman. DC stopped Johns.
>>
Alright, let's get scientific about this.

>best waifu for Superman
>best waifu for Batman
>best husbando for Wonder Woman
>>
>>92429330

Batman/Wonder Woman is just less shitty because is pretty much Superman and Batman bromance with the sexual tension turned overt. You all faggots know this to be the truth. The dynamic is the same. Batman seeing Wonder Woman as this great person and a symbol of hope while being autistic about his feelings, and Wonder Woman trying to give Batman some company and make him chill a bit. Just change Wonder Woman's name for Superman and voila. Same shit.

The only difference is that Batman act a bit more of a beta who shuts up or backs down every time she tells him to, which like the above said happens for fetishistic reasons and to show Wonder Woman as a empowering female who can boss even the big bat around.
>>
>>92427284
wtf is this shit. A true warrior culture most often has themes of "Be strong and defend the pack" not some bullshit "don't help anyone because that means they're weak"

I would understand if it was some crippled baby and WW just goes "wtf why don't we just kill it" but this is fucking stupid.
>>
>>92429394

It was just a contrived excuse to later have Superman teach Wonder Woman how to act as a decent human being and proper hero who won't let innocent people get hurt just because.
>>
>>92429394
Wonder woman is like, the crossroad of fucked up stuff writers can't handle
>confuse warrior with heartless asshole
>confuse strong woman with bitch
>confuse coming from female society to manhating bitch
>confuse foreigner to a new world with a freaking child showing wonder at everything
>confuse guardian charged by the gods with aloof uberbeing
>try making supes x wondy (which is bad in itself, but whatever) and instead of focusing on farmboy x princess, go for lady mcbeth trying to get supes to rule humanity

People can't write wonderwoman. Which is why her origin gets retold and her character gets redefined constantly.
>>
>>92428638
That sounds right because, from a quick look at least, Reddit and Tumblr both hate the pairing as well, so it's just people on Twitter.
>>
File: 1464397831331.png (710KB, 1024x941px) Image search: [Google]
1464397831331.png
710KB, 1024x941px
>>92429463
it's sad because all they really need to do is just make her a spartan from 300 or even an MC from a greek epic and then change the gender to get the general jist of her personality.
>>
>>92426491

Diana is gonna live longer so she can have Lois' sloppy seconds.
>>
>>92429463
This is interesting, I always got the impression people had difficulty writing Wonder Woman but never figured why. I feel like it should have been obvious, but your post is helping me just now realize where the speed traps exactly are.
>>
File: i1RNruv.jpg (762KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
i1RNruv.jpg
762KB, 1988x3056px
This page here is the perfect example of everything wrong with SM/WW and this shit was written by both George Perez and John Byrne.

If not even these two niggas were able to make the pairing not look like a pair of colossal jerk-asses with an ego the size of the moon, then what hope there is for this shitty pairing?
>>
Why does it seems like so many people now have a fucking personal vendetta against romance?

It's like people will praise something solely because the character doesn't hook up with anyone. Like that in and of itself equates to good writing.
>>
>>92429538

Normally, Wonder Woman lose her immortality when she steps out of Paradise Island.

Not that it matters when it comes to pairing her up in Elseworlds or some shit, since the appeal is all about showing them as inhuman as possible.
>>
Just wait untill JL movie release and if it not flop - WW will be shipped with Batman in comics too. Just imagine amount of rage from every side.
>>
>>92429566
A massive ego is pretty justified for characters who can do what they can.
>>
>>92429525
It's simple, really. Likes combat, but not war and slaughter. Believes in protecting, forgiving and spreading understanding, not in punishing.

My ideal scene for Wondy is, she's sent to deal with a brutal civil war where the two factions have been going to each other for decades, at that point, faction x is wiping faction y people out, she intervenes and protects people y, person from y says they should act now and kill x, wondy says no, y person says
>but they're savages who would wipe us out
wondy wraps lasso around a captured x and asks him why they try to kill y people and he answers
>because they're savages who would wipe us out

and that leads to the two groups understanding they're both the same and that leads to improving the relationships and peace
>>
>>92429566
>Superman talking as if being raised on a farm in Kansas isn't all he ever knew
wtf Byrne
>>
>>92429566
Yea and she starts calling him Kal usually whenever they get into something.
>>
>>92429607

I hope not. Joe Kelly did the best way possible: it's a doomed fling. They like each other for a bit but decide to be friends because they both are all about their mission. Batman because he needs that shit in his life and Wonder Woman because it's a holy privilege bestowed by her matron goddesses.

If the movie make them an actual couple i will... i will not see it anyway, but it'll suck. Specially if it end up influencing the comics.
>>
>>92429565
There are more probably, I'll point out more if the thread is open when I come back from psychoanalysis
>>
>>92429392
Not really, mostly because even if we accept Batman thinks WW is Superman with tits (and maybe a pussy idk), I think WW would see Batman differently than Superman does.
I think Superman would just go "yeah, Batman's an asshole but he's a nice guy deep down, and he's my friend", like a friend would do but WW would try to make him stop being an asshole, for instance.

But, let me repeat yet again, I think the best thing is to avoid this shit alltogether.
>>
>>92429634

Come on, man. It doesn't fit the two characters at all.

Superman grew up in a rural town surrounded by simple folk believing himself to be a mere farmer's kid. He only started to develop his powers as a teen - Yeah, i know about the silver age and him having super-powers since infancy -, so for the most part Superman grew up like a normal kid. His super-powers are more a responsibility that he takes very seriously, because that's how his fine folks raised him, than something to showboat about.

The same for Wonder Woman. She grew up as a normal girl, although a bit spoiled for being a princess, and was surrounded by women that put in the work and sweat their brow. She only gained her powers as a blessing from her matron goddesses when she won the right to bring Steve back to Man's World. Her powers are both a privilege and a responsibility. They're almost holy in nature. She wouldn't see her powers as something to feel vain and superior about.

And fuck, the main appeal of these characters, at least for me, is that despite their powers they're nice, chill, open, loving. I just can't accept a Superman or Wonder Woman who fancy themselves as better than anyone. Specially for such a vain thing as a physical trait like a super-power.

That's my main problem with SM/WW. It robs the characters of their humanity and for fucking what?
>>
>>92429566
>George Perez and John Byrne
Not even close to being among the best writers of the medium at any point at their carreers, and if you go back at those comics, the writing hasn't aged well at all.
>>
>>92429718

Batman only make sense with ambassador WW. Barbarian WW is a bad fit.
>>
>>92429783
Agreed. Their art stands the test of time; their writing is 3rd rate at best.
>>
>>92429645

I hate the "Kal" bullshit.
Partly because I'm a firm believer that, while Kal-El is a part of the man's identity, he considers himself Clark Kent, especially while his parents and Lois Lane are alive, and he has those strong human bonds he's formed during his first human lifetime.
Partly because I feel like her calling him "Kal" is disrespectful and asserts an identity without his permission. She emphasizes his otherness, his non-humanness, when she does it, and it's his humanity that makes him a hero, so it feels wrong.
I think it's done to try and suggest a certain understanding between the two, but I think that would be better done by her recognizing the man, not the alien, and calling him "Clark". Sometimes, when you have the Trinity, there is an argument for having her call him "Kal" and having Bruce call him "Clark" but even then I dislike it, because I feel that writing in a manner that has Batman and Wonder Woman at odds by default is bad form, and that "Clark" and "Kal" are at odds for which is the identity of the man behind the underwear. I feel that "Clark" and "Superman" are a better title duality, as it's Bruce's emphasis of his human frailty, and Diana's of his transcendent heroism, which I feel balance the view of Superman/Clark Kent well literately.
>>
>>92430170
>while Kal-El is a part of the man's identity
It's like a black American having an "African Name".
>>
Shipping within the Trinity is shit.
>>
>>92430205

Right?

And the thing that's really odd is that every single hero in the Justice League get to know Superman first by his super-hero identity, but eventually as they get to know more about Superman come to call him Clark as any sensible person would, because that's the his legal name and the one he identify himself most with. Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern, et all.

Wonder Woman, though? She's the only one who keeps calling him "Kal" despite knowing that his legal name is Clark, that he was raised by the Kents that gave him this name, that Superman identify with this name and love his adoptive parents very much. It comes off as extremely disrespectful. It's like she has an issue with calling him "Clark". She has to keep using "Kal" because for some odd reason that makes no sense for either Superman or her character she feels more at ease using his alien name.

Supergirl i get it, because that's their familial connection. Even then Kara calls Superman as Clark many times. But Wonder Woman? It only makes sense in the context that she does it purposely to nudge him in a very passive aggressive way to make him stop seeing himself as human, which is evidently the intent, since DC likes to use Wonder Woman as a corruptive element in Superman's life, but fuck that shit.
>>
>>92430205
To be fair it's closer to an adopted child learning his name before his parents gave him up.
Actually it's exactly that.
I guess it's weird, it shouldn't NOT be a part of him but it should go into that box of Kryptonian What Ifs.
Kal-El isn't him, it's a hypothetical him from a hypothetical world that's still alive.Clark can wonder what he'd be like if he was Kal-El but really it shouldn't be some kind of weird third identity.
>>
>>92430488

It's made weirder by the fact that he doesn't ask anyone to address him like that and none of his friends do it other than Diana.
>>
>>92430603
Just no prize it into some stupid Greek thing where she defers to his Parent's naming and she doesn't quite get adoption since she was raised on a Lesbian commune. Clark is just cool with it.
>>
>>92430661

I won't no prize shit, because DC does this shit for a reason: they want to show Wonder Woman identifying and emphasize his otherness. That's it. It's just, but that's they want to use her for in relation to Superman. She sees and identifies with the alien, not the human.
>>
>>92429607

They're not doing this, even if the movie ends up going in that direction (and a big IF that one is). They're not even close to doing it, as the only thing that brings those two characters within the same circle is their friendship with Clark. Batman and Wonder Woman are not even the George and Elaine to Clark's Jerry; they're the Kenny Bania and Elaine to Clark's Jerry. They won't even do it in an Elseworlds for fear of triggering the Batman fans who are their bread and butter, and the Wonder Woman fans who are scratching for any measure of credibility they can muster for their favorite.
>>
>>92428299
Batman IS an autistic manchild, though.
>>
>>92428549

New 52 fans bitching about a reboot like their shit was special and true and it didn't come from a very recent and hated reboot is amazing. Stupid fuckers don't know shit.
>>
>>92429352
Lois
His crusade
Steve
>>
>>92428900

No, you just have terrible reading comprehension. Totally different.
>>
>>92426562
second post best post
>>
>>92426597
All Trinity shipping is shit unless it is all three together
>>
>>92430905

>as the only thing that brings those two characters within the same circle is their friendship with Clark.

Superman and Wonder Woman only have their superhero personas and superpowers in common. This in-universe, of course, since we all know the reason they're paired is because of being old, iconic and having colors.

Batman and Wonder Woman, meanwhile, are both applied warriors and scholars, share both the superhero personas and the "normal" circle due to all the galas and fundraisers they ought to appear and support, and are much more mission focused than most heroes. Not to mention that they actually have a sort of chemistry.

There's more you can work with BM/WW than you could ever do with SM/WW, and with the positive aspect of not damaging Wonder Woman character in any way. It can actually make her come off as more empowering character since she assume a more powerful and assertive role in the relationship.

The reason DC never explored it because Batman appeals more as a tragic character and there's a sizable Batcat fanbase which is much more easier pairing to sell when it comes to Batman.
>>
>>92430170

Agreed. I'm only sort of okay with the Legion saying Kal. It's like they say it to celebrate their own multiplanetary origins.
>>
>>92427284
Whoever wrote this can eat my ass
>>
>>92431271

Peter Tomasi.
>>
>>92431035

I'm warming up to Catwoman as writers are starting to actually write them as a thing, and not just a fatale fling.
>>
>>92431271
>>92431289

To be fair I think every writer was sabatoging this ship from thr start. It came from Lee because it looked cool, not a person who cares about character.
>>
File: cb_12.jpg (162KB, 654x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cb_12.jpg
162KB, 654x1024px
>>92431293
King's BatCat a shit though
>>
>>92431327

Geoff Johns has gone on record saying he was going to end it much sooner, but Soule just wanted to write something akin to Twilight because it was popular at the time - there's an interview with him stating it -, and Tomasi just didn't cared much about Wonder Woman so he wrote her as an ass.

The other writers that were working in the Superman books, though? Yeah, they seemed to hate the pairing. Lobdell pushed for Lois hard and Pak pushed for Lana pretty heavily.
>>
I don't understand people pretending it was some super important ship. If you read Superbro's solos WW mattered less than Lana and Lois was always endgame. There was no other way to interpret things.
>>
correct me if im wrong but isnt ww always lusting for batcock?
i know there was a story arc where someone wanted to prevent supes and ww getting together out of fear that their kids would be literal unstoppable gods even more so than their parents, but beyond that there wasnt much of romance between the two atleast until fairly recently.
>>
>>92431370
This. What is that anon smoking
>>
>>92431378

... what yhe hell I haven't read much Soule but I thought his chief problem was Marvel editorial. That is an astoundingly shit idea. Turns out thr man is retarded and his good work is a fluke.
>>
>>92431370
>>92431426

Guys it's more than just King who's written this over the past 10 years.
>>
>>92426702
>It's too ingrained into the character
Sorry but that's bullshit. They've only been married since the 90s, and that's ONLY because they got married in the TV show. For decades, Lois crushed on Superman and hated Clark Kent. THAT was ingrained. Lois would scheme, lie, and blackmail her way into marriage with Superman, as would Lana Lang. That's not true love, but that lasted far longer than the current status quo.
>>
>>92431471
King's the one who's been pushing it recently. Before that we had Winick's gross anonymous spontaneous sex.
>>
>>92431412

DC teased SM and WW in the 70's due to reader's letters, then again after the 80's reboot but the Reeve movies and Byrne put a stop to it. It was Kingdom Come and the subsequent Elseworlds that followed it during the 90's that made the SM/WW peak in popularity, to the point where the pairing started to being teased in the main continuity despite Superman being a married man - shit like pic related makes the whole thing creepy.

Then the DCAU happened in the 2000's and that's when BM/WW began being teased in the main comics as well, but the bat editors put an immediate stop to it. The only one who kept pushing for it, ironically enough, was Geoff Johns.

Then in 2011 it was decided that the comics were going to reboot so Jim Lee as a requirement asked for SM/WW to be pushed heavily. Thanks to the media buzz WB got excited by the pairing and so SM/WW began to appear everywhere: games, animated movies, cartoons, lego shit, whatever. But... people didn't support it.

Now SM/WW is officially dead after New 52 and who knows what the future hold.
>>
>>92431496
Clark Kent's favorite food is beef bourguignon because that's what Lois made for dinner the first time they had sex. This is canon.
>>
>>92427110
>Same with any cape comic couple
Even Reed Richards and Sue? Aquaman and Mera? Fuck off.
>>
File: Batman 015-004.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Batman 015-004.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>92431370
Aside from BAT!CAT! thing, i really liked the romance.

Selina can make Batman smile.
>>
>>92427255
So they have no chemistry because of how compatible they are? This is moronic.
>>
>>92431496

>For decades, Lois crushed on Superman and hated Clark Kent. THAT was ingrained. Lois would scheme, lie, and blackmail her way into marriage with Superman, as would Lana Lang. That's not true love, but that lasted far longer than the current status quo.

That's not entirely accurate, though. Lois problem with Clark during the silver age was because SHE KNEW Clark Kent was Superman in disguise and so would try to expose him in front of everyone thinking this way he'd be left with no choice but to marry her. Superman, though, was the better keikaku master and would always trick her.

So basically both Superman and Lois were assholes.
>>
>>92431565
FLIRTERERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Jbttrb3u4

god damn it i love brave and the bold so much
that matches malone episode with the song HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG
>>
>no matter what your taste won't be shit enough to pair WW and Supes

Feels pretty good
>>
>>92428573
>>92428605
I think you people are just upset about how Wonder Woman is written rather than any sort of shipping.
>>
>>92426491
Send me pictures of your sister
>>
>>92431565
"We're the living dead and when we kiss the pain goes away" is such a dour take and nothing at all like how Selina's been written before.
>>
>>92431630
batman's personal interpretation =/= king trying to present an objective interpretation
>>
>>92431576

No, they've no chemistry because their interactions are either boring or unappealing. The comics try to push that they're super compatible because of powers, status and alienation, but it's something extremely contrived. They suffer from "SHOW, DON'T TELL". You've the characters telling each other how they can only relate with each other, how so close they're and so on, but if you examine the comics they don't see to understand each other or see eye to eye most of the time.
>>
>>92431602
I'm sure you have worse tastes anon. What cartoons do you watch?
>>
>>92431654

King's interviews corroborate with Batman's personal views.
>>
>>92431620

She's written that way because of the shipping, though.
>>
>>92431702
That's also how Selina described their relationship in the letter she wrote.
>>
>>92431327
I don't really care about the ship, it's just the butchering of Diana's personality that bugs me. Just so Clark could give an almost equally out of character high-and-mighty "No, this is how a TRUE HERO does things" lecture.
>>
>>92431654
>>92431702
>>92431748

Not to mention the page where they're all on the lifeboat made of bubblegum of whatever and Selina begs for Batman's kisses because of the PAAAIN, but Batman tells her to wait.

I could try and find the page here, but the thread is not about Batcat.
>>
>>92431775

The funny thing about that flashback to their first meeting? In Johns' "Origin" arc in his Justice League run Superman was shown to be a much bigger asshole than Wonder Woman. Superman almost murdered Batman and Green Lantern, not to mention that he was shown butchering the Parademons with glee. Meanwhile all Wonder Woman did in that arc was eat an ice cream and slice some Parademons with her sword. She didn't even talked much, not even with Superman. It was Superman who checked her out like a chad and told her she was strong. That was the total extent of interaction in that arc.

Tomasi though used that small window to show this length shitfest between Superman and Wonder Woman where Superman was totally righteous and Wonder Woman a complete cunt. This in a comic titled Superman/Wonder Woman that's supposed to sell us on them as a loving couple. KEK.
>>
>>92427528
It's not just about 'kicking ass'. On Red Sun the government decided to just stop using life boats in ships because they knew Superman would save them anyway. No one would ever look at new ways to predict routes/avoid hitting obstacles if every time they hit, Superman helps anyway.

There's more to Lex's argument of 'humanity always being saved'; humanity's accomplishes pale compared to these heroes. Who cares about the guy that cures cancer in a world where people fly and shit? fuck cancer, Superman just lifted a goddamn ship over his head. You're not inspiring people to be scientists and cure cancer so it never happens again, you're inspiring them to do stupid shit and fight effects instead of the cause.
>>
>>92431870
I swear that thing was mostly ghost written by Lee.

We will never jave a great Justice League origin story.
>>
>>92426603
Wholeheartedly agree. Up yours, Jurgens
>>
>>92426491
>What do you guys think?
DC got a lot of things out of its system in the past 5 years. "Let's be just like Marvel!" "Let's make Superman have a thing with his closest female counterpart (that isn't another Kryptonian), the fans have been BEGGING for it!"

And they ended up remembering that Superman is a character caught between two worlds where the human world anchors him. I like Wonder Woman but the same thing applies to her; pairing her off with another godlike being flattens out her character just like it does with Superman. And they also remembered that most fans don't care for seeing Clark and Lois paired off with other people, Lana included.
>>
>>92426491
Tell your sister that shipping originally was never supposed to be about canon. It was about exploring interesting relationships in characters you knew damn well would never actually get together.

I don't know why everyone forgot about this down the line. The desperation for everyone's ship to be canon killed fandom.
>>
Trinity works best when they have mutual respect among themselves.
WonderBatfags are cancer.
WonderSupefags are cancer.
>>
>>92427284
This scene is so fucking bad. New 52 was a shitfest, I'm glad it's over.
>>
>>92430376
Wow. How racist are Superman fans. A person acknowledgement of another's heritage is condemned because of your shipping preference. Superman is a Jewish creation by two immigrants. For most of his 76 yr history he was Kal. DC has white washed him into a conservative Christian space Jesus when he is supposedly more Moses. Diana calling him his birth name was always with affection and respect for his heritage. Clark never minded. His story is about the man finding himself via what his heritage given to him..akin to the regular guy becoming a king. Clark might have gotten his values from his parents but it is not the sum of him. What an ingrate you paint of a man who would not be alive were it not for his real parents sacrifice. It's like pissing on an adopted kid's parents who died in the Holocaust and just cause his parents are Yanks, he should not acknowledge his heritage. Diana should not call him by his birth name but Lois can call him a degrading name of smallville which you all think so cute. You people need to get your heads out if the sand. You speak as people who have no clue about the impact of people's heritage. Clark is not Jor el and Lara's great grandson. He is their son. I know people who feel complete when they trace their genealogy and learn about their ancestors. Clark's loss was only lessened due to his age. If he got sent when he could speak ie 5 yrs he'd be Kal. So this nonsense about trying to make Diana look bad. Your narrow minded pov looks bad.
>>
>>92433752
Excellent bait
>>
>>92426755
A lot of Asians ship Supes/Wondy

There even an anime where they have a child
>>
>>92427284
New 52 was a FUCKING MISTAKE
>>
>>92426491
The only correct ships for Supes and Wondie are with Lois and Steve. People who ship SMxWW have a fundamental misunderstanding of both characters.
>>
>>92429352
Lois
Zatanna
Steve
>>
>>92434172
>Zatanna

Bruce just drags her down to be honest, she deserves better
>>
>>92434142
Lana is a valid Supership
>>
>>92430077
Barbarian WW is bad, period. It's the shittiest take on the character, and in order to make her "strong" and "assertive" they made her a stupid bitch that needs morality lessons from Superman.
>>
>>92434142
That has me thinking, has Lois and Steve ever been a thing?
>>
>>92435389
I don't think so. They should have gotten together while nu52 Superwonder was going on though, it would've been funny
>>
>>92432032
Pretty sure curing cancer would still be a big deal.
>>
>>92435389
they dated in the smallville universe
>>
>>92426491
I'm done with DC. Supes/WW was the best and all they do is reboot Superman ten million times now and spit out Batman comics for little babies. Hope the comics fail, hope the movies fail. Fuck you DC.
>>
>>92426491
Post pics of your sis if she is a qt
>>
>>92431128

>Batman and Wonder Woman, meanwhile, are both applied warriors and scholars, share both the superhero personas and the "normal" circle due to all the galas and fundraisers they ought to appear and support, and are much more mission focused than most heroes. Not to mention that they actually have a sort of chemistry.

DC won't acknowledge any of those things. They will only acknowledge that these two characters know Superman, and because of that Superman is their only link. Pointing out all of the ways they could link Batman and Wonder Woman's circles together is irrelevant because all DC really wants to do is demonstrate a) that they both know Superman, and b) that they both play off of Superman in different ways.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170516-133537.jpg (649KB, 1069x1662px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170516-133537.jpg
649KB, 1069x1662px
>>92431112
Yup
>>
>>92430603
But he has, when he wants to keep his Clark Kent is secret and people feel weird calling him Superman.

Post-Crisis Wonder Woman didn't know he was Clark Kent until way later, Kal was the name he gave her and she got used to it.

Kara calls him Kal too, he doesn't mind.
>>
>>92427284
It always baffles me at how awful some people can write Wonder Woman. She's not quite as Easy Mode as Superman is (And even that some people somehow fuck up) but it's not like it's that difficult to write her without making her more detestable than the villains
>>
>>92426717
The person who wrote the paragraph of text was quoting someone else who said "no words needed".
>>
File: dark knight sandwich.jpg (684KB, 779x1100px) Image search: [Google]
dark knight sandwich.jpg
684KB, 779x1100px
>>92438224
Batmen better hope they don't roll over on his side in their sleep at the same time.
>>
>>92429352
Lois
Bruce will never be happy while he thinks the world still needs Batman
Steve
>>
>>92429352
Lois
Selina no more BAT! CAT! though please
Steve
>>
>>92428299
>The DCAU played a lot on his insecurities. He was the one who was desperately in love with Wonder Woman (kinda OoC since it came out from nowhere) to the point of forgoing his reasoning and acting desperate every time she'd get slightly bruised, spilling his spaghetti every time Wonder Woman would act mildly warm or teasingly towards him, and wallowing in self-loathing feeling he wasn't good enough to be with her.
You are grossly misremembering JLU, anon.
>>
>>92426603
>that pose
Is this a JoJo reference?
>>
>>92438339

>Post-Crisis Wonder Woman didn't know he was Clark Kent until way later, Kal was the name he gave her and she got used to it.

Actually, that's false. The first thing Superman told her was how his humanity was the most important thing for him and later she learned his name was Clark. This "Kal" bullshit has no basis.

And Kara calls him that way because she knew him first as Kal, that's her familiar connection with him and even then Kara calls him Clark many times.

Seriously, i know you're trying to lessen the ugliness, but DC has Wonder Woman as a corruptive element in Superman's life. For Wonder Woman, Superman's kinda like Herakles. The endgame is for him to shake of his mortal coil and ascend to godhood to be with her.

There's even a comic where Diana confess that she could never call him Clark, because that's not part of her world. That's reserved for Lois. What her and Superman is the "Kal". That's what she has a claim to.
>>
>>92438871

Every episode about the two was Batman spilling his spaghetti. I can link the videos.
>>
>>92438465

It's all about throwing WW under the bus to make Superman look good.
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.