[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi everybody! Premier Comics here! The completely free, crea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 74

Hi everybody! Premier Comics here! The completely free, creator owned, digital comics anthology!

Dumped our newest issue last night, but figured I'd do it again for everyone that missed it.

You can download the comic here: http://premiercomics.com/

If you wanna submit a comic for our next issue you can fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSddGthi1q9XXJosL3vEek8_knx5Bl_3CqIdRKkqcyIFGUjHdg/viewform
Come and chat with us at our Discord: https://discord.gg/m6nkaG

We also have a subreddit because it would be impossible not to have one when make a digital comic anthology: https://www.reddit.com/r/PremierComics/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Interesting
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
bumping for the good work
>>
Holy fuck, it's back?
>>
>>
>>92423400
like that weird rash you can't get rid of, we're back
>>
>>92423394
thanks
>>
>>
File: Premier Comics 2017 Summer 055.jpg (1MB, 1654x2339px) Image search: [Google]
Premier Comics 2017 Summer 055.jpg
1MB, 1654x2339px
javascript:;
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92423029
>I've had alot of practice.
>alot
Nice ship you're running here.
>>
>>92424683
damn, you caught us
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (152KB, 355x379px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
152KB, 355x379px
>>92424787
Son of a BITCH
>>
>>92422713
I feel like this is almost good. Character designs are nice, but I feel like the overall execution could be better. And the plotting/pacing feels funny, especially in >>92422744 page.
>>92422773
I like the idea and the first two pages of this, but the overall narrative of the fight doesn't work for me. Like, why are they both crying? And I'd say that the last page goes too far in abstracting them from pretend, but the effect certainly works.
>>92422837
The only thing I can really say about this is that it needs polish. The writing is boring, expected, by the numbers. The art looks doesn't look finished. I'm fine with a cartooney style, but this should have gone through a few more rounds tightening things up.
>>92423019
I liked this one quite a bit. Nice use of the medium. Art could be better/more consistent (things get a bit floaty in the first two panels)
>>92423066
Really like this one. Art is very Mignola-esque and it is pulled off very well. The narrative might be a bit too hidden, but I think it works.
>>92423141
Nice style, if not a little too anime-y. I didn't finish reading through it, far too much exposition, and I just didn't care to read through it all. Nice choreography. Think it's a little odd for having so many pages that it isn't even complete, needing a To Be Continued.
>>92423449
This looks like a webcomic to me, honestly. I'd have set up that bird poop gag with some POV of the bird flying on the first page, and then establish him being there sans poop, then poop. When I first saw the poop, I thought it was his cum or something weird. Love the last panel on >>92423503.
>I have no clue what this mans name is.
Boooo, where's your apostrophes!?
I like the story though. Gave me visions of a kiddie-version of Fight Club, if that makes sense.
>>
>>92425133
>>92424683
Sorry about the typos. Next issue we are going to have a second editor. Two sets of eyes and all that.
>>
>>92425133
Thank you for the feedback. Everything helps.
>>
>>92425164
I'm a bit of an editor and I always recommend the 2x2 approach when it comes to proof reading.
Two people reading through the 'final' draft twice, with some amount of time between readings. It's amazing what one person will miss, and how much both can miss.
Though, with these shorter pieces, reading them more than twice is easier to do than full on prose chapters.
>>
BTW everyone here is our tumblr: http://premiercomics.tumblr.com/

>>92425220
Yeah its a good idea, we just didn't have the time or man power to do it for this issue but we are going to make sure we do it for the next one.
>>
>>92425319
>1 EiC
>3 Editors
Can I ask what your schedules/breakdowns were for the 9 months that this was going on? Or did everything just pile up at the end and had to be rushed out of the finish?
>>
>>92425415
We had one art editor, one scripts/words editor, and one formatting editor.

Our editor in chief had to leave fairly early due to personal problems but we wanted to give them the proper credit for the work they did, and one of the other editors had to leave near the end as well.
So really for things like typos there was a single editor reading.
>>
>>92425474
We underwent a fairly large restructuring and had to recover while moving on with the release.

It's also why we're trying to pick up one or two more editors for proofreading and for helping the artists with their comics. We already can get swamped, sometimes. Building and bringing back the website, fixing everything up, improving the file structuring we use for InDesign and PDF, etc.

A lot of changes were sort of last-second that we had to keep moving forward on.
>>
>>92425220
>>92425164
I do a bit of editing myself and my rule for short pieces is to get through it top to bottom without making a change. When I can do that, it's done. But if I make a change, once I'm done that round of edits, time to start at the top again.
>>
>>92426038
If you're using PDF's for script sharing, stop it. Most of the time they're "fixed" or uneditable documents, making them useless. Share google docs and highlit pasages needing edits with details as footnotes or something.
>>
>>92426102
Oh, no, it's nothing like that. The PDF and InDesign changes are for proper optimization of the issues.

We share our changes that need to be made by letting the creators know what the issue is on each panel and which page.

We do have a lot of ideas moving forward on keep track of things using Google Docs, as you stated. We've moved a lot of our structuring to Google Docs that can be seen and edited by multiple parties.
>>
>>92425133
>Really like this one. Art is very Mignola-esque and it is pulled off very well.
T-thanks
>>
>>92426266
you did it!
>>
>>92423356
This page and th eone before are really well done!

I was wondering if I could join the next issue
>>
>>92426739
for sure, just come by the discord during the day and sign up via the submission form in the OP
>>
>>92426797
You got it. Just have to check with my writer.
>>
>>92426678
Y-yeh.
>>
>>92426739
Jump in the discord and if you want, my man
>>
>>92426899
>https://discord.gg/m6nkaG
It says the invite has expired.
>>
>>92426955
https://discord.gg/bHcYDyf

This is out permanent join link. This should work.
>>
Thanks for the storytime
>>
>>92427256
If you enjoyed then we did our job.
>>
>>92427302
If this is going to be every six months, it might be too slow for many people to keep track of or remember.

Would you be willing to eventually move to a more active schedule if this picks up more content creators?
>>
>>92427365
There have been discussions in the past so it's something that's been considered, certainly.

I can't speak for Vorked, Bear or Bri though, I think it's a case of seeing if we gain any traction.
>>
File: 6SGcrX.png (24KB, 642x100px) Image search: [Google]
6SGcrX.png
24KB, 642x100px
>>92427365
From Vorked (obviously)
>>
Vanilla Ice Cream is my favorite of the bunch, but all of these are interesting in their own way. Thanks for storytiming. Definitely keeping an on you for more stuff.
>>
>>92422650
How do you make.money if it is free?
AD revenue??
>>
File: 3b6.jpg (32KB, 600x354px) Image search: [Google]
3b6.jpg
32KB, 600x354px
OH WOW LOOK IT'S THE MAGAZINE I SUBMITTED TO

THE ONE WHERE I COULDN'T FIND A PARTNER BECAUSE NOBODY USES THE FUCKING DISCORD EXCEPT BEAR JEW AND HIS STUPID FAGGOT BOYFRIEND

LITERALLY ITS JUST HIM AND TWO OTHER QUEERS SHILLING THEIR ART HERE WHILE PRETENDING IT'S THIS GREAT COMMUNITY PROJECT

AND YOU ALL FUCKING BELIEVE HIM WITHOUT SECOND THOUGHT

KILL YOURSELVES
>>
>>92428572
We don't make money off of it.
>>
>>92428690
Were you an unknown writer looking for an artist?

If so you'll literally have more luck making a macaroni art version of your script and photoshopping speech bubbles over it.
>>
>>92429903
Why does this all just seem too complicated? Like, if you're not going to be printing it out in physical copies, why even go through the process? Why not just get your writer/artist and post your stuff online or find an actual publisher?
What's the advantage of premiere?
>>
>>92429903
If you're looking for an artist, check the draw threads and webcomic threads here. I found on guy with a style I really enjoy, and have been considering commissioning him to do a short comic for me.
But at this level, unless you're best friends with one, you're going to need to shell out for an artist.
Also, y'all should be careful and check up on your legalese. You don't want to be losing your characters to some company because you're too cheap to protect your ideas.
>>
Save
>>
File: 1490211669659.png (741KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490211669659.png
741KB, 800x800px
Holy fuck i remember this.

This shit has been going for like 5 years right? TL:DR btw.
>>
>>92428690
it's beena long time since i've seen that image.
>>
>>92430404
I guess it could be a low effort kick in the pants to just get SOMETHING out there. It's easy to just go, "I'll work on that project later" or whatever. Having any sort of deadline motivates people.
>>
>>92422650
Downloading, just so you know anon, the cbr link on the /issue-archives page of the website for this Issue is not working
>>
>>92434019
Thanks, I'll fix that ASAP.
>>
>>92431544
It's taken some breaks, here and there. We have 10 issues out, now. That's something cool.
>>
Nice you guys are always fun to read.
>>
>>92434896
Glad you enjoyed it. I'm happy our contributors did so well.
>>
>>92430475
We have a whole legalize thing in the issue that specifically states the creators retain all rights to their content.
>>
>>92428690
Yo man if you want to come back to the discord and try again we would love to have you. It can be hard to find an artist to work with later in the process, but if you come in early like now you will have better luck
>>
>>92422650
This is really cool, keep it up
>>
>>92436300
Thanks!
>>
>>92436269
Just because you say that, doesn't mean it's true. I can write down that the government is obligated to give me $20 million for chicken tender research because I'm such a swell guy, but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to actually enforcing it.
I'm talking about lawyers for the individual creators to shore up their characters and ideas.

Bendis actually answered a question about this nicely:

>When you first started, did you have to worry about legal stuff? I'm looking into self-publishing, and the thought of having to do that lawyer stuff while being broke as hell is terrifying. I just want to write and show people my work.

brianmichaelbendis:
It’s terrifying but you have to do it.There are weasels everywhere. you have to protect yourself. find a lawyer you can afford who knows about copyright and trademark.
I have had friends lose their properties to blind submission weasels… trust me you don’t want to be that person
>>
>>92436417
But the legalize is basically a contract stating that we dont own anything and no where do we ever say we own anything. This chunk of legalize is proof that the creators own everything they make.

This is literally a contract that any of our creators could use against us should we try to use their stuff without our permission. Its us admitting we dont own anything that the creators made.
How, exactly, would we fuck them over? Bendis is warning against, specifically, BLIND submissions. We don't do that.
>>
>>92436417
>>92436746
What we do is mention that we, Premier Comics, does not own anything contributed to us. We state that the characters and stories are owned by or possibly copyright/trademarked by their creators.

We, as Premier, have no way of actually protecting their creations without having to register as a business or helping them get copyright work ready.

At least, that I am aware of.
>>
>>92436746
I wasn't implying that you guys would fuck them over, but anyone else that would want to go in and claim actual trademarks/copyrights on them.
Just saying in text that the characters belong to someone is like a youtube channel posting a song that they aren't allowed to, but saying that they aren't trying to claim ownership of it, so that means its okay to use it however they like.
>>92436965
>We, as Premier, have no way of actually protecting their creations without having to register as a business or helping them get copyright work ready.
That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about.
>>
>>92437007
Oh okay, sorry for the confusion. And I appreciate the concern.
>>
>>92437063
I just don't want anyone to get fucked over, even if it is unlikely.
To me, that's the best benefit to getting actually published, you have a real company that will have actual experienced lawyers that have the appropriate documents and whatnot that will protect you and your ideas. Self publishing (really any small/start up business entering an established field) can be very dangerous in that regard, especially if you don't have the knowledge or the cash to stay on top of it.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.