[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so did anyone see his new superman video? https://www.youtub

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 524
Thread images: 56

File: nc.jpg (5KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
nc.jpg
5KB, 201x250px
so did anyone see his new superman video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9enkC8_7Mrk&t=1s
>>
File: 1342.jpg (140KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1342.jpg
140KB, 576x432px
>>92414843
>watching new nostalgia critic
Is this some sort of sick joke?
>>
>>92414843
shill detected
>>
So what made Channel Awesome such a hilariously disastrous train wreck?
>>
>>92414843
I don't watch sperglords, it's mean to make fun of the differently abled.
>>
I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear.
>>
>>92415434
literally no one on it has comedic timing yet 80% of it is sketches.
>>
Why is he jacking an invisible dick in front of his face? I guess that's a better alternative to his fat ugly wife.
>>
>>92414936
fpbp
>>
>>92415559
I have yet to see any evidence that it is his wife. I hate the guy to death but really, I fucking doubt it.
>>
>>92414843
you can tell he just ants to do something else other then nostalgia critic, but fanboys won't let him
>>
WE'RE NOT DOING THE SUPERVILLAIN SHUFFLE
>>
>>92415609
did you see his fucking sketch show? Thank god for those fanboys.
>>
>>92415535
Underrated
>>
>>92415434
Douge has been making this show for about 9 years and still as the filmmaking skills of an amateur.

Seriously, he even has a studio that he doesn't really use, most of the sketches are made with green screen or just filming in one of the rooms of the studio.
>>
>>92415434
A small handfull of decent creators mostly just Brad, Todd, Lindsay, Phelous, and CR stuck with talentless sperglords and horrid management?
>>
Is it true that Linkara and Doug had a falling out?
>>
>>92415546

That's normal
Channel Awesome die the day they start to take their dumb videos seriously and thinking "People didn't come from the jokes and the review, they come for me"

You can see an AVGN Video and when he just rant and talk about the review thing, he's at his best (even if you didn't laugh or think that he sucks, you "learn" something)

Channel awesome start to make crappy sketches and think, "yes, people come for the sketch, i will use the review as an excuse).

And, you know, kicking everyone else who make the channel famous (except Doug and Likara) was like a suicide note to the falling site.
>>
>>92415835
Didn't Todd leave?
>>
>>92414843
Forgot about the quality of that Supes cartoon. Pretty enjoyable to look at.
>>
>>92415902
Doug would tell the people on his website that there was a neutral algorithm for deciding who gets front page and such. But if you made material that was edgy or not in tune with dougs preferences you'd get no presence on the site and kicked out eventually. So he probably made a lot of enemies for being part of a group of manipulative cunts i guess.
also neither nc or linkara are stable people, it's not weird.
>>
File: 1494717168559s.jpg (2KB, 125x92px) Image search: [Google]
1494717168559s.jpg
2KB, 125x92px
>>92414843
I really think AVGN doesn't get enough credit for keeping a good show going for about a decade while maintaining its relatively high quality.

Meanwhile, NC shat the bed and then rolled around in it, and then CA makes the new episodes from whatever lands on the script.
>>
>>92415835
>lindsay
haha no.
>>
>>92414843

Rifftrax: The "Jesus Christ, just fucking STOP" years
>>
>>92416012
No

>>92416078
She actually knows shit about film. Hell of a lot more than Doug, at least. The guy who worked on Kickassia said on /tv/ that she and Brad were the most tolerable to work with, too.
>>
>>92416125
Can I see that screencap about Kickassia?
>>
>>92415902

Their characters hate each other.
That's the extent of it. If they really had a falling out then Linkara wouldn't be appearing on channelaweomse anymore, he would've been kicked out like Lupa or Spoony.

I think Phelous doesn't particularly care for him though
>>
>>92416125
She's way too political in a way too obnoxious way. doug is too but she's extreme. I don't find her to be too insightful. Sure she's more insightful than doug, but most people are. What if you compare her to someone that isn't a dum dum? Like Red Letter Media.
>>
>>92416171
is spoony still alive?
>>
>>92415736
Yep. Look at JonTron's current stuff compared to NC's. I think Jon's been doing it less too. Maybe the weekly schedule is killing Doug
>>
>>92416238

I can neither confirm nor deny that.
>>
>>92415434

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srp-pPmCjc8
>>
It's kind of surreal looking back at Channel Awesome thinking "wow, I used to watch this crap" years after you've grown up. All Doug does is give you a shitty rundown of the movie and gives opinions at the end that are basically retreads of what others have said. The only entertaining thing is uncovering the behind the scenes autism in their lives. Remember when we found out all the weird shit Linkara was into or how fucking insane Noah is?
>>
>>92416063
Welp, nope, the last AVGN episodes range from meh to crappy, the last Xmas special and the Sonic 06 episode were worse than ad-libbed episodes.

He seems so tired now.

But the difference is, unlike Doug, James can still produce good stuff outside of the main series, unfortunately he succumb to the copyright boogeyman and does not include actual footage and music in his reviews, so he got a bit neutered, but at the very leas he doesn't use shit royalty free gay music or awful skits.
>>
Compare the videos and "analysis" made by someone without talent like Douge and then watch this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDMQ3tXNKgM
Should Douge just drink bleach?
>>
File: 2vj3mer.jpg (94KB, 633x726px) Image search: [Google]
2vj3mer.jpg
94KB, 633x726px
>>92416238
No.
>>
>>92416255
It's sad, I found him to at least have some sense of charisma compared to most of the people there but everything I've seen with him is just him being more and more of a complete mess. Haven't seen him in years at all though.
>>92416376
o
>>
>>92416373
Pretty sure he already chugs to stuff to cleanse the taste of his Jabba wife out of his mouth.
>>
>>92416264
This series is going to be amazing. Can't wait for all parties mentioned to backlash because it's probably the first time they've been called out on their shit.
>>
>>92416334

He's more Honest and relatable too
The best cinemassacre videos are about James, out of his character, talking about something he loves or something he discovers recently
>>
>>92416405
I don't know. Even back when I was a huge TGWTG fan, I always found Spoony to be sad and angry instead of funny.
>>
>>92416453
I enjoyed the Power Rangers TV series review James did before the new movie came out. He seemed genuinely interested in trying to learn about the show and gave his honest thoughts about it.
>>
>>92416334
Of course, I mean consistently as in AVGN never really had a steady decline in quality.

The Christmas special was preceded by Berenstein Bears, Beavis and Butthead, Mega Man, Paperboy, Mortal Kombat Mythologies, Seaman, Darkwing Duck, and Hong Kong 97, which were all great episodes. (The Crow wasn't necessarily bad, either. It was just average.)

The '06 episode was preceded by the Power Rangers episode, which was also great.

That's like 2 bad episodes out of the most recent 10 episodes.
>>
>>92414843
What if when you died you went through the Nostalgia Critic intro?
>>
>>92416512
Maybe I just respond more positively to that. At least there's something real and raw about that, doug is just too fake in every thing he portrays, I really only watched him because my bf did.
>>
>>92416373
kaptainkristian's videos are fucking awesome. Been subscribed since his second or third video and they've all been amazing.
>>
>>92416293
>It's kind of surreal looking back at Channel Awesome thinking "wow, I used to watch this crap" years after you've grown up. All Doug does is give you a shitty rundown of the movie and gives opinions at the end that are basically retreads of what others have said.

Jesus, are you me? I feel exactly the same way. The only videos I still think are funny from this channel looking back are Spoony's; both because he's actually funnier than the rest and because it felt like they, or at least the earlier ones, had a sense of self-awareness.
>>
>>92416373
Why does it use the background music from ME2?
>>
>>92416376
Give me a quick rundown in this guy.
>>
>>92416816
because it's nice.
>>
>>92416786
>It's kinda surreal looking back on [ ] thinking "wow, I used to watch this crap" years after you've grown up.
This is basically how I felt watching asdfmovie after all these years. Like, wow, why was this ever funny?
>>
>>92416373
Doug's vid wasn't supposed to be analytical tho, so why would you ever compare the two?
>>
>>92416786
>The only videos I still think are funny from this channel looking back are Spoony's

Yeah. Now their literally the only content Spoony has. Noah really needs to get his shit together.
>>
>>92416171
>Phelous
Considering they fired his girlfriend for wanting to put up links to her Patreon on her videos, I'd say there's some bad blood between Phelous and NC.
>>
>>92416856
>Brother of Spoony
>Taught Spoony how to play PC games like Ultima while Spoony's sister threated young Spoony like a little shit make him mentally unstable
>Used to be a cop
>Killed someone
>Has to deal with Spoony's crazy ass for life before been forced to put him down like a rabid dog or Spoony kills him
>>
>>92416856
Real life version of Raylan Givens. Sheriff of his town, he has killed two mexican drug leaders(one of them had a AK), brother of spoony.

I believe Spoony is going for suicide by police officer, and his brother is the one who is going to have to pull the trigger.
>>
>>92416915
I meant as in: when douge make's "analysis" is basically just a retard reading the first thing he found on wiki and when kaptainkristian does it at least it sounds unique to me.
>>
>>92415535
>>92415687
This.
>>
>>92417071
>killed a drug dealer who had an AK

Holy shit he actually did

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/20110325immigrant-killed-deputy-details.html

The guy seemed very mild-mannered in those videos. Guess you really shouldn't push a professional.
>>
>>92417274
>Tfw Doug never messed with Spoony because he knew he was relative with a killing machine.
>>
>>92414843
It was actually pretty good.
Because it had no fucking sketches.
Or costumes.
Or cringe political garbage.
It was how old Nostalgia Critic was.
Seriously, fuck how he is now.
>>
>>92415434
They were funny and smart. Then they got a budget, and started making everything they did 90% sketches, and 10% information, and their sketches really aren't funny.
>>
>>92417717
>They were funny and smart
They were never this, even when I was 15 they seemed so weak compared to other things on the internet, I never understood their popularity.
>>
>>92417071
>dealers*
I should get some sleep
>>
>>92417071

Damn I knew about the first one but Miles had to kill another one? That dude just cannot catch a break. Fuckers keep pulling on him.
>>
>>92416246
Jon got Disney funding, that's the difference.

But really, I don't particularly like it. Jon having all this funding to have fancy sets with tons of props....just leads to half the jokes being prop/costume jokes. Which is only a small step above Family Guy cutaway jokes.
>>
>>92416198
Are RLM not dum-dums?
>>
>>92417775
Funny in making fun of things that were clearly wrong with the film, and smart in doing stuff like explaining how easy it is to fix such a mistake, or educating you about the producer's history and stuff. I was ignorant to most patterns, then saw his marathon on stephen king films, and realized how repetitive he can get sometimes.

I enjoy AVGN as well, but more so his non AVGN stuff.

My favorite is still, and always will be Cinema Snob. He reviews the most hilarious unknown shit, and his formula hasn't changed in all the years so far, even though he clearly has been getting paid. He clearly has fun with what he does, and it shows. When Doug does it, it feels like a sketch show, when James does it, it feels like someone is forcing him, but when Brad does it, he enjoys himself.
>>
>>92417934
Not when it comes to film theory, no
>>
>>92417934
They act like dum-dums but they seem to have some idea of what they're talking about, and at the very least can make an argument towards most things.
At least Jay and Mike. It helps they've become friends with lots of writers, and other people who work on movies.
>>
I used to watch Linkara.
>>
>>92416246
JonTron is a literal Nazi tho
>>
>>92418095

Jon's not white. He can't be a nazi.
>>
>>92414843
Let me guess, he says a few funny things but immediately ruins it by running the joke into the ground?
>>
>>92416198
Lindsay is by far the most disappointing because she spent the most money and acquired the most technical knowledge just to be a semi-functioning alcoholic.

Her colleagues were directing movies or working for studios a year out of school and she still does part-time commission shit and ""journalism"" while at least one of her college classmates has won a Grand Jury Prize from Sundance and directed a $35,000,000 film (and made $175,000,000 in the box office from it.)

The fact you go to the Yale of film school and end up working on CA doesn't say good things.
>>
>>92416246
Jon takes like a whole month to make a single video, usually more.
>>
>>92415835
Pretty sure phelous left. I remember seeing it on his tumblr.
>>
>>92416640
Darkwing Duck wasnt good, tolerable maybe, Beavis and Butthead aswell, the rest are good.

But have you noticed that the episodes feel a bit lifeless without the background video game music he would use in ALL the episodes, watch ANY episode before episode 101 and compare it to the recent ones, and you will know what i am talking about.
>>
>>92418081
Linkara's doing good post CA-NASTYCOCKSLUT thing, he just made a Secret Wars video that was decent if you can put up with his voice, his COIE video was also good, he's the living embodiment of autism and gets pegged by Harambe's sister but he's not pure cancer, i cant say the same thing about Doug though.
>>
>>92418095
Its very racist to call someone that is not white a nazi. Check your privilege please.
>>
>>92418123
Surprisingly no, no running jokes into the ground. Its just a string of one off jokes.
>>
>>92418095
JonTron isn't a nazi. He's just stupid.
>>
>>92416246

Jon is a pretty bad example just because of how long he takes to make videos. The guy is a perfectionist and refuses to do anything that doesn't have massive amounts of time and effort put into it. The thing about the NC is that while he's been a huge part of the whole amateur reviewer craze thats going on right now, literally everyone who has come after him has surpassed him. There are kids making their first video today with cheap gear that they bought for 50 bucks off amazon that have a better grasp of the technical skills required to make entertaining content. He's a fossil in his own time.
>>
>>92418141
He has to eat Chipotle a lot
>>
>>92414843
Not usually a fan of his stuff, especially his recent cringe-fest sketch infested shows, but that Watchmen joke was 10/10
>>
I saw Doug Walker at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>92418684
That's the Milo green text isn't it.
>>
Ugh.
>>
>>92418723

I think it started with Keanu Reeves but it's older than dirt at this point.
>>
I think it says a lot when Jontron gets heat for the one stupid thing he said, while CA doesn't get any heat but evryone doesn't expect ANYTHING good from them at all.
>>
>>92418772
Probably because Doug didn't say that blacks infected the gene pool, or express his wishes for Le Pen to win the French election.
>>
>>92418772
>I think it says a lot when Jontron gets heat for the one stupid thing he said
He said a lot of things and worded them very poorly.
>>
>>92418749
I think it was some obscure musician who was popular on /mu/ or something.
>>
>>92418812
>Probably because Doug didn't say that blacks infected the gene pool

Neither did Jontron?
>>
>>92418812
The hell's wrong with supporting Le Pen? A third of France did.
>>
>>92419007
Yes, he did. He casually mentioned how minorities were corrupting the gene pool in that interview with Destiny.
>>
>>92419111
Pretty sure you're intentionally misinterpreting what he said in the _debate_ he had with Destiny.
>>
>>92419111
Destiny tricked him into saying that, it was literal entrapment.
>>
>>92419198
>>92419225

Speaking of Destiny, at least he didn't get away with his crap scott free. Other people gave him a taste of his own medicine.
>>
File: 1493749499316.png (104KB, 342x305px) Image search: [Google]
1493749499316.png
104KB, 342x305px
>>
>>92415609
>His fanboys won't let him

What, are they holding a gun to his head?

His lack of skill won't let him. He has to keep doing Nostalgia Critic because he was never funny, he just introduced funny old movies to millenials.

He has no actual talent and Doug's failure to leave the Nostalgia Critic is proof of that.
>>
>>92419612
no way
>>
>>92419700
He tried to ditch the NC format with Demo Reel (which also sucked), but viewers didn't follow him so that series bombed. And now he has to do NC forever to pay the bills.
>>
File: 1493749593445.png (100KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1493749593445.png
100KB, 303x303px
>>92419815
he's well on his way to wearing a hat to cover up his baldness like his idol douge
>>
>>92419612
>>92419885
whos this ?
>>
>>92419878
Alas, the new NC videos follow the Demo Reel format with its skits so in a way NC got what he wanted.

Which is a shame because his non-skit reviews are much more watchable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbS-pUOb15Q
>>
File: latza.png (370KB, 716x430px) Image search: [Google]
latza.png
370KB, 716x430px
>>92419960
His name is Paul Latza, you may know his stuff - but in case you do not I'll show you enough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIKkw9c-_TM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8IhwlFahg0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuBO54Et03I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu_YMM9dTxg
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/my-date-with-a-secret-agent
http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEuBO54Et03I&start1=415&video2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqsqkPJFmAIQ&start2=0&authorName=Paul+Latza
>>
>>92420043
don't forget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4yw5JJaB9M
>>
>>92419612
>>92419885
Jeez what happened to Latza
>>
>>92416246
Jon's new stuff is shit too. The set looks fake as fuck and the videos now feel lifeless. I'd feel angrier about his sperg out if his new stuff didnt leave me underwhelmed either way

>>92416078
>>92416198
I honestly like Lindsay a lot.
>>
>>92416996
Phelous clearly had bad-blood with CA long before his departure.

>He did a commentary on To Boldly Flee where he just ripped into the whole thing.
>Has made jokes about how Doug always explains the joke and relies on clickbait titles.
>Purposefully ruined takes in Kickassia, gave an intentionally shitty performance in To Boldly Flee, and made it clear he was undercompensated for his Special Effects work.
>>
File: 13544545547.png (130KB, 461x579px) Image search: [Google]
13544545547.png
130KB, 461x579px
>>92420323
>i like Lindsay a lot
>new JonTron is shit
>>
>>92420316
He has a job at disney making videos for their social media pages, but he's also started up a twitch channel on the side
One day he might reach his target of 15 subscribers!

twitch
.tv/rhoran1/videos/all
>>
>>92420323
I like Lindsay too, her videos are more interesting than anyone else from Channel Awesome and even if I don't share her political views I still enjoy her content
>>
>>92420376
I'm not sure if you're making this a political thing but ever since he got a much heavier script written by other people and switched to a set his videos became shit. Meanwhile, ever snce Lindsay ditched all the other people and went back to doing stuff by herself she got better.

The moral is, an increase in budget doesnt mean you need to make everything bigger
>>
While more well-read than other former CA members, Lindsay just comes off as too smug and self-absorbed to enjoy watching.
>>
>>92420395
Not sure if I'm proud of him or not
>>
>>92420464
He's certainly doing better than he would have if /tv/ didn't trick him into driving to milwaukee
>>
>/mu/ hates CA but likes Todd
>/tv/ hates CA but likes Brad
>/co/ hates CA but likes CR (mostly because he posts here)
Who are other actually decent CA people?
>>
>>92420578
Marzgurl is all right. I remember her reaction to Kamen Rider Ex-Aid premiering, saying that JewWario would have loved it.
>>
>>92420455
No politics it's just Lindsay's stuff, while okay, just feels like her reading a wikipedia entry. Some of her stuff is interesting like the history of 9/11 in media but other than that it's just histories of characters or summaries. JonTron's stuff still has the same feel and humor as his old videos with a bigger budget. Sure that hurts his upload rate but I really enjoy what he puts out and can tell that he loves what he's doing too. All in all it's just preference I guess
>>
File: hq720.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hq720.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>92420578
That's gonna be debatable. I'd say Lindsay but others wouldnt, for instance.

ALso, this chick is alright
>>
JO's fall from grace depressed me more than Spoony's, because JO went from anime reviewer whose videos I actually enjoyed to a horrible excuse of a human being even when compared to other CA alumni.
>>
>>92420706
Tamara has the advantage of actually seeming to enjoy working with Doug, while Malcom is clearly checked out.
>>
>>92420778
>a horrible excuse of a human being even when compared to other CA alumni.
What did JO do other than write for ANN and come out as trans?
>>
>watching nu-Nostalgia Critic
>>
>>92414843
>riffs
oy vey
>>
>>92420706
Tamara's just so endearing.

I really like her personality.

And her choices of shirts.
>>
>>92420685
> just feels like her reading a wikipedia entry.
I cant deny, this is true. A lot of people online cant transition between unscripted and scripted well and it's always jarring for me.

Also, I'm intentionally being overblown, I dont HATE modern Jontron, it's alright, but ever since the change the show just felt off to me. And while most changes would be something I just have to get used to, with him it just feels different. Like it went from 8/10 to 6/10. But yeah, it really is just taste, I dont even hate Doug as much as most of /co/ and /tv/, I just think he's alright too.
>>
>>92420786
>get paid to act in mindless shitty sketches and review movies
She has a lot to be happy about I guess
>>
File: what.jpg (16KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
16KB, 640x360px
>Hey this Channel Awesome thread brings me back
>I liked JesuOtaku's videos, I wonder if she's still going
>Mfw I find out she is now a he and stopped making videos years ago
>>
>>92420827
>watching any nostalgia critic over the age of 12
>>
>>92414843
That's not even content anymore. He's just spouting uninspired drivel. Not that Doug has ever done anything different, but at least it had pretense before.
>>
>>92420818
Mocked JewWario soon after his death. Forced Nash to buy a house even though he needed it to take care of his dying dad, then kicked him out of said house so her ANN boyfriend could move in.
>>
>>92420706
She has her own reviews? Post a link
>>
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>92420818
He knows what he/she did.
>>
>>92414843
>Watchmen
>not the best possible film adaptation that could be made of that comic
Once again, Doug proven to know nothing about film.
>>
>>92420932
Watchmen was shit, Snyder, just like all your other cape films. Fuck off.
>>
>>92420786
with how she seeked out her own show despite being much newer compared to Malcolm, it definitely feels like she's enjoying it more. Plus >>92420834 is right, she's pretty endearing in the videos.

Plus, as far as entry level Chris Stuckman tier reviews go, she's okay.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0AQIMR-tpomHjCs4q1K4V0tLWTOYK7sI

They're on the CA channel. She also apparently does stuff that just released in a separate playlist.
>>
>>92420913
Nash is an unpleasant person in his own right, but what JO did to him was pretty awful.
>>
>>92420966
oh, that last part was for >>92420912
>>
>>92420978
What did she do? I've not kept up with her since she stopped making videos
>>
>>92420978
I need a quick rundown on whatever drama you're referring to
>>
>>92420966
>>92420990
Thanks dude. I watched the occasional nu-Critic video just for her. This is like Christmas
>>
might as well ask here, am i the only one who finds nuNostalgia Critic's theme song to be the cringiest thing about the show? the skits are lame but i can see where they're coming from and the clipless reviews at least an original idea, but holy shit this fucking theme song:
https://youtu.be/m10ji0CaP-Q
>>
>>92421026
>5 or 6 years ago
>JO is acting weird
>Picking fights on Twitter
>Calling Doug evil for some reason
>Suddenly breaks up with Nash
>Initially seems amicable
>But then details slowly emerge
>JO's new boyfriend and eventual husband reveals she cheated on Nash with him
>She starts going more unhinged
>Blocking people left and right
>Yelling at CA members who wonder what her deal is
>Eventually cuts ties with CA after a fight with the producers
>Moves to ANN full time
>Only recruits writers who are obedient to her
>Becomes a man
>Marries Zac

And that's as far as I know.
>>
>>92421131
Yeah, that's shit. Hope they ditch it
>>
>>92415736
>still as the filmmaking skills of an amateur.

I wouldn't even say that because most amateurs can at least format a script properly. Douge literally just writes his in one big paragraph.
>>
>>92415434
Have you seen that new opening of his?
>>
>>92415609
NC now is literally just Demo Reel and it blows my mind his fans haven't realized this yet despite the shitfit they threw over Demo Reel.
>>
>>92421153

Holy shit.
>>
>>92415535
I'd rather eat the rotten asshole
Of a road killed skunk then drown it in beer.

What is it about James that makes him so much more timeless than Doug?
>>
>>92421131
>33 seconds for an intro
Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>92420578
>but likes Brad

Not anymore. He voiced his support for Hillary and now all they do is call him a cuck.
>>
File: cowboy_bebop_Edward.jpg (134KB, 800x546px) Image search: [Google]
cowboy_bebop_Edward.jpg
134KB, 800x546px
>>92420870
Didn't JesuOtaku cosplay as the reverse trap from Cowboy Bebop?
>>
>>NC mentions Spider-Gwen
Now that's surprising.
>>
>>92421131
I really don't get this song. It doesn't match the tone of his show at all.
>>
>>92421353
I've always had this theory that it's because no one gets mad at movies like they do at games does making AVGN more relatable. How many times has a movie made you mad enough to scream at it and call it a cock sucker? Like, maybe one time for most people? Now how many games have you yelled at by comparison? See, when a game is bullshit, it feels personal because it's actively fucking you over. You're an active participant in this fuckery. When a movie is bullshit you're just passively observing it so it feels way less personal. So James calling a game a "shitload of fuck" feels real, while Doug freaking out over the "bat credit card" feels fake as all hell.
>>
File: wtf am i reading.jpg (22KB, 430x411px) Image search: [Google]
wtf am i reading.jpg
22KB, 430x411px
>>92421153
>mfw I dropped CA and stopped being a Weeb around that time, so I missed all that drama.
>>
>>92421353

We all reached that anger point at certain games screaming bloody murder at the difficulty. His Dick Tracy review perfectly captured what I felt when playing that game on the NES.
>>
>>92418141
Now it's 5 months
>>
>>92421785
>stopped being a Weeb
don't lie to yourself /co/mrade. once a weeb, always a weeb
>>
>>92414843
That Guy Riffs is alright, but Snob Riffs is much better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izmoLKH6HT0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yql54RKqkU
>>
>>92415434
They had fun with ripping on old cheesy movies. And it was fun to watch them.

I still go back to see their old work but new stuff is just boring.

Except Nostalgiaween, thats always good.
>>
>>92421343
Tell me about it. I was a huge JO fan back in high school, so seeing that gradual fall felt like seeing someone I knew going mentally insane but refusing to seek help.
>>
File: yume nikki at his computer.jpg (28KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
yume nikki at his computer.jpg
28KB, 400x389px
>>92421561
>Girl cosplays a girl often mistaken for a boy and then becomes a boy
Is this pottery?
>>
File: 1439372430056.png (377KB, 968x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1439372430056.png
377KB, 968x1900px
>>92416161
I have this. I think I have the SS of the channel awesome shit too.

lemme see if I can find it.
>>
File: 1406859828247.png (2MB, 1898x6092px) Image search: [Google]
1406859828247.png
2MB, 1898x6092px
>>92416161
>>92422135
got it.
>>
>>92422135
We need more Linkara stories honestly.
>>
>>92422328
I don't think I have it, but either /co/ or /tv/ discovered that he was super, DUPER into shemale porn, and IIRC ironliz confirmed that he dumped her when he found out ironliz was getting her sex change.
>>
>>92422358
I remember that actually, like they backtracked an old username he had.
>>
File: AKavE47.jpg (2MB, 1276x6264px) Image search: [Google]
AKavE47.jpg
2MB, 1276x6264px
>>92422402
>>92422358
>>92422328
found it.

had to censor the image.
>>
I am fucking sick of all these "Tamara watches a movie" videoes.
>>
>>92422424
truly a devout catholic
>>
>>92420578
Phelous and Lupa are fun, and Diamanda Hagan is surprisingly interesting (they're basically Brad but with even more obscene movies).
>>
File: filmschool.jpg (102KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
filmschool.jpg
102KB, 600x850px
>>92420457
Lindsay annoyed the heck out of me
>>
>>92420905
has anyone confirmed the house thing?
>>
>>92421153
>Only recruits writers who are obedient to her

She looks for people that will follow her orders...?
>>
>>92422135
saved
>>
>>92423355
People who kiss JO's ass on a regular basis. I met two people who couldn't write for shit and had the worst taste in anime possible, but because they sucked up to JO, they got writing jobs at ANN.
>>
I like a lot of the stuff from the Phelous side of the net, and I can't put my finger on it why. I really like the style of their editing, it goes good with their comedy
>>
I dont know about you guys but TheChickwithTheGoggles gave me a ebony fetish
>>
>>92416125
Lindsey is a huge cunt now, though.
>>
File: TGWTG :tv: guide.jpg (2MB, 1500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
TGWTG :tv: guide.jpg
2MB, 1500x3000px
>>92415434
Doug's too autistic to talk to normal people so he was forced to form the Justice League of autistic internet reviewers.
>>
>>92416334
>unfortunately he succumb to the copyright boogeyman and does not include actual footage
What? He still uses movie clips.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-Sy11mvZU
Who was in the wrong here?
How many people in that cafeteria would have even known who he was?
>>
>>92423442
>>92422135
>>92422165
Any dirt on Eric or Todd?
>>
>>92423442
so much of that is just wrong.
>>
>>92415835
Bennett isn't bad, whats sad is even he and Gabe put more effort into their sketches then Doug does (filming in different locations, using practical effects, no green screen) and most of all Bennett seems to know he is just another guy on the internet with an opinion. Doug seems to think his own opinion is more deserving of attention.
>>
>>92423475
Yes, but he wants to do movies that are still in theaters.
Since he can't do that (since that would not be fair use for several reasons), he acts out the movies instead.
>>
File: wew.gif (927KB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
wew.gif
927KB, 400x228px
>>92422165
>"Look, he thinks he's a real director."
Jesus, I can feel that from here.
>>
>>92414843
This was a good cartoon, I went and looked it up without the whiny doofus commenting over it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEWrqph938o

It really reminds me how much Superman's power creep has become over the years. In comics today he's lifting the entire weight of the Earth without even thinking of the implications involved. Back then he seemed more real because there existed objects that could stop him that were not plot-anium. Back then apparently some scrap metal and several steel I-beams would almost stop him, if not delay him for a short amount of time.

I think I like that era better than the current era we have now of him.
>>
>>92423083
He'd be a heretic if so. Doesn't believe suicide's a sin.
>>
Only vaguely related by Doug through AVGN, but I just found out about Mike Matei's "BROWN BRICKS" video. I'm not sure how he could make this video with the idea that this was funny. This isn't just a shitty clip made on the go. It's something he wrote, voice acted, and partially animated. How could he possibly think hearing Inspector Gadget saying "Minecrap" over and over would be hilarious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgIr9ZLV_wk
>>
File: linkara oh boy.png (82KB, 602x654px) Image search: [Google]
linkara oh boy.png
82KB, 602x654px
>>92422165
>>
>>92420336
Wan';t there that post on here about a guy who did sound work for kickasia or something and commented how pretty much everyone except Brad and someone else knew what they were doing, phelous gave no fucks and mocked Doug a few times and how nearly everyone ripped on spoony and compared it to a bunch of people with made up syndromes mocking the one guy who HAD issues?
>>
>>92423362
That one's fake I'm afraid.
>>
>>92423647
He definitely grew up catholic but by all accounts it seems that he takes some creative liberties with it all
>>
>>92423682
That would be >>92422165
>>
File: TGWTG :tv: guide 2.png (3MB, 1500x3220px) Image search: [Google]
TGWTG :tv: guide 2.png
3MB, 1500x3220px
>>92423442
>>
>>92420578
Jewwario was one of the few on that website who were decent people..............................

sobs
>>
i like Lindsay

Right now she is too an indepth analysis of Bayformers
>>
File: Woozle_Wuzzle.png (307KB, 739x564px) Image search: [Google]
Woozle_Wuzzle.png
307KB, 739x564px
>>92423166
>>92415835
>>92423166
When will the "Phelous is good" meme finally die? He talks about Chinese bootleg toys like a muuuuuuppet having a stroooooooke and throwing in the ocassional "shlurpedy durpedy doo!" or some other nonsense. Is this what passes as entertainment for you people?
>>
Is Spoony just lonely? Would he be more motivated to make content if he had a friend nearby?
>>
>>92423957
doesn't he live with his gf?
>>
>>92423658
I'm laughing at it, maybe I'm retarded
>>
>>92423996
>implying women can ever be true friends instead of just fuck puppets at best
>>
>>92423442
>>92423730
Nice fanfic.
>>
>>92424027
They can if you stop acting as if they're fuck puppets
>>
>>92424035
go to sleep, doug
>>
>>92424045
How is any of that real? Fuck, the first pic is full of false shit, like that Iron Liz isn't a tranny or that James would be retiring AVGN after the movie.
>>
File: Spoony.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Spoony.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>92424041
My hobbies include writing my name in the snow and sticking my dick into some strange. What would I even have to talk about with a grill
>>
>>92420786
I thought so too, until she ranted about how Trump supporters are literally the Klan and that she can't talk to her family right now. She also claims to be oppressed despite being able to vacation in Europe.
>>
>>92424142
>basing your life around sex
I hope you enjoy never attaining happiness
>>
>>92424162
What does that have to do with that post about her seemingly looking like she enjoys working with Doug?
>>
Why you faggots care so much about this balding cuck. Better question why you fuckers still care about TGWTG so much.
>>
Riff tracks are just sad and sorta pathetic when you're doing it alone because more or less you're just saying things that you think is funny instead of things others do.
>>
>>92424225
i dunno I miss the old days
>>
File: Beth_Elderkin.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Beth_Elderkin.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
>>92424162
Whatever, people keep going on about Tamara because of her rack when the real story is going on with CA contributor Beth Elderkin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gidu78BbNUU

check the vid for some wet t-shirt action
>>
>>92424225
I find his videos to be mildly amusing as I assume most in these threads do, but more importantly, people seem to enjoy shitting on him and his crew because they're a bunch of dysfunctional messes

Personally, I like NC stuff but I also find Doug to be completely cringey at times, that is where my source of enjoyment comes from
>>
File: Beth_Elderkin02.png (1MB, 1205x939px) Image search: [Google]
Beth_Elderkin02.png
1MB, 1205x939px
>>92424254
>>
>>92423957
I think Spoony's problem is his own mental issues and self confidence. In his ff13 review he mentions how his mind kind of focuses on one element and cant move past it like the robes. I imagine he is the kind of guy who will dump an entire script in the trash because one line in it felt wrong.

Really he should stop doing video game reviews and just review board games and do counter monkey.
>>
>>92414843
One minute in and this is so unfunny. It feels like someone who doesn't even think what he's saying is funny but is just saying it to get a paycheck.

I loved NC when I was in ninth grade, but I'm scared to go rewatch it and discover it's as unfunny as this is.
>>
>>92422135
>>92422165
>>92422424
>>92423442
>>92423730
This just seems like the e-celeb equivalent of gossip magazines... "Has loads of mental disorders?" What is that? Which? And why do people care how many mental illnesses someone has?
>>
>>92424455
Ignore these. They are generally made up bullshit with one or two accurate facts about a person to make it seem credible.
>>
>>92420870
>he also privated his videos
Anyone got a link to mirrors or something?
>>
>>92423658
It most likely spawned from this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZPOHxG5Vuk
>>
File: Ben.jpg (18KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ben.jpg
18KB, 225x300px
>>92420578

What about Bennett The Sage? He got his niche reviewing old anime and never went crazy like the rest. He also remains friends with Spoony.
>>
Has Tamara never seen a movie before?
>>
>>92424591
He shat on EoE so I hate him
>>
File: Av-98-patlabor.gif (90KB, 468x800px) Image search: [Google]
Av-98-patlabor.gif
90KB, 468x800px
>>92424591
I enjoy his content but when is that fat fuck going to discuss Patlabor?
>>
>>92424604
No she only got into acting because she's an attention whore.
>>
>>92424554

I only got this one of him coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2He0zJgNak
>>
>>92424162
Why do americans make themselves care so much about what political things ecelebs say? This means nothing.

>>92423442
>>92423730
I will never beleive any of the autistic /tv/ images supposedly blowing some reviewer wide open. Now post the red letter media one and get it over with
>>
File: 1491544180747.gif (4MB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
1491544180747.gif
4MB, 204x204px
>>92424659
>him
>>
>>92424591
Bennett seems to distance himself from the site and its people. Notice a lot of his cameos are very short and often done with a 'great bye' attitude? He seems to surround himself with more stable people like The Engineer, Gabe and Kaiserneko and thus remains pretty down to earth. Also as you said remains friends with Spoony as Spoony was the one who basically got him started so seems to be a genuine friend to people.

You can tell he doesn't like Doug much. Watch his Nuts and Bolts of The speed racer review and you can tell both him and the Engineer are kind of put off by Doug's presence there, the twos usual casual back and forth is very forced in that ep.

Honestly Speed Racer review sums up Bennett and TGWTG crew, Bennet is calm, pointed with his jokes and gives an honest review of what he is watching while Doug just spergs out yelling 'why dont you hate this more?!?'
>>
>>92423690
I thought Linkara was evangelical?
>>
>>92424722
He's also pals with Zone-Tan surprisingly enough.
>>
>>92424694

In Chapman's seen to be a genuine case of gender dysphoria and not the usual tumblr shit. She was always pretty androgynous if you think about it.
>>
>>92424759
bullshit, she started being a tranny because she has an eating disorder (hence why she looked like a 12 year old boy) until she said one day "I'm a boy now lol" which """"cured"""" her eating disorder for a few days and she's been chasing that dragon ever since.
>>
>>92424591
His opinions on Evangelion are some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
>>
>>92424591
He isn't a sperg like the rest of them so that already makes him far better. His videos are also not 30 - 40 minutes of some guy yelling at a piece of media they hate and calling it stupid. He reviews stuff he finds good just as much as he reviews stuff he hates.They are actually informative and interesting to watch as well since he seems to do his homework about what it is he's reviewing. It is actually quite jarring when he has a cameo from anyone else from TGWTG since it reminds me about the shitty place/people he's stuck with.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>92424363
The long hair was so much better. She was wife material when this pic was taken
>>
>>92424867
More concise then what happens in an /a/ thread about Evangelion.
>>
>>92424964
Due, his opinions are
>Ugh, this character is a wimp.
>Why should I care about him instead of THE GIANT MONSTER BATTLES???
He's the reason capeshit is just that, capeshit.
>>
>>92424939
Also he was one of few people who didn't exploit the suicide of jewario. When everyone else was making memorial videos and shit he made a normal review that had an after credit scene of him putting the jewwario hat on his shelf, smiling sadly at the camera and walking off. That jew wario hat remains there even in his current reviews. Felt more like an honest memorial to the man then anyone elses.
>>
>>92425000
Shut up and get in the robot Shinji, people is tired of you being a wimp.
>>
File: xBxwNQ1.png (472KB, 624x475px) Image search: [Google]
xBxwNQ1.png
472KB, 624x475px
>>92424956
>The long hair was so much better.
kys
>>
>>92425000
But he is kind of right. Evangelion WAS a monster of the day show until the director went mental and even fans of Eva seem to agree the weakest and worst character was Shinji (closely followed by Asuka).

Hell the reason I dislike Eva is we have a series dealing with the possible extinction of the human race and soul and we focus on a kid who is a wet blanket and even if his circumstances are sympathetic he himself is not. There is only so long a person can have a pity party before you wish you could focus on someone else.
>>
>>92425104
But it did have focus on other people.
>>
>>92423442
Jesus this reads like a soap opera of autism and ego
>"Wife cheated on him with a 14 year old girl"
What the fuck
>>
>>92421131
he used it for the review must go on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70QFlmbX9CM
it fits there, but it doesn't fit for the intro

he never had an intro, he had theme song that he could use from time to time back then, but it was just bad avgn theme but with nc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBlDn9wm0H4
>>
>>92425000

At least he has his reasons and makes an argument out of them, most people just shits on it and call everyone else fag.
>>
File: 1409033776868.jpg (9KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
1409033776868.jpg
9KB, 250x201px
>>92421761
Sound logic.
>>
>>92425104
>Evangelion WAS a monster of the day show until the director went mental
His complaint is that he'd rather watch a monster of the day show instead of a character study of a flawed human being.

>and even fans of Eva seem to agree the weakest and worst character was Shinji
What do these people watch the show for, then?

>Hell the reason I dislike Eva is we have a series dealing with the possible extinction of the human race and soul
You mean like 99% of Hollywood movies? You can go anywhere for "fate of the world hangs in the balance, and you must fight for its safety" shit. Stuff about how people deal with the inherent pain that comes with existence is rarer, especially in fantasy genres that tend to be used for escapism.
>>
>>92425153
I think the theme itself is based as fuck but the intro is cringe
>>
I haven't watched one of these in a while. Do his videos still follow this pattern?

>Play parts of film/ in which something weird happens
>Points out weird thing
>Make "hilarious" joke in applying real world logic to a work of fiction
>Do hilarious over the top voice as he makes the exact same joke again about how totally weird this thing is, but impersonating the character or the director or something
>Spend another 30 seconds explaining exactly what the joke was
>Repeat for 20 minutes
>>
>>92425210
Yeah, screaming at games is natural. Screaming at movies is unpleasant and a sign that people shouldn't be around you.
>>
>>92425217
>His complaint is that he'd rather watch a monster of the day show instead of a character study of a flawed human being.
Of course a common monster of the week anime will be better than Evangelion, even RahXephon is better than Evangelion because they toned down Anno's depresion and kept the Ultraman influences.

>What do these people watch the show for, then?
Misato's tits and ass.
>>
>>92424759
>>92424845
Yeah, from what I've read of him, he has ultra conservative parents who weren't in good terms with his life decisions back when he was a girl (much less now, I'd like to believe). I wonder if that dissociation eventually snowballed into the less than respectable things he did to himself and his former partners?

Having your own parents hate you, especially at a young age, can fuck anyone up.
>>
>>92415434
Doug wanted to do some crap sketch show and sank a lot of money something like a half million in buying a studio and paying for actors (the ones everyone hates). The sketch show was terrible, and the website started to lose viewers quick, so he went back to doing the critic character. However he already had invested all that money and had people on contract, so he figured he may as well put them to work.

And that is the gist of the train wreck. Apparently there were some big shady practices going on when the site was that guy with the glasses, before it became channel awesome. I forget the full story on that but I guess the early contracts for content creators were terrible, and if they didn't release quick content then they would make it harder for people to find the video links and not front page any stuff. So it became Doug and a couple other people being the only ones to put out good content at the time, while everyone else was practically being forced to turn out content a few times a week and were still getting paid a fraction of what Doug was getting for using his site.
>>
>>92425275
I could see that. He lived with some shitty parents who fucked him up mentally. And he ended up taking solace in these weirdo internet critics from CA and ANN who only screwed him up even more.
>>
>>92418013
Brad is bro.
>>
>>92425275
Or you just grow up with a chip on your shoulder, like how dad used to make me and my brother work 14hr days when I was 8, then called us worthless sponges that just take and are never grateful for anything when I asked if I could get paid in money instead of getting to have eggs for breakfast.
>>
Remember when Amazing Atheist was part of TGWTG, but got canned because nobody liked him?
>>
>>92425328
So what's Luke Mocharie's excuse?
>>
File: Nostalgia_critic_EXPLAIN.png (921KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nostalgia_critic_EXPLAIN.png
921KB, 1366x768px
>ALRIGHT FUCKERS LISTEN UP the wage gap TOTALLY FUCKING exists!
>let me fucking tell you how the wage gap is real while unironically talking over a commercial that explains how the wage gap can't exist because it's against the law!!
>>
>>92424659
You have to start with hello.
>>
>>92425486
Strawman
>>
>>92425731
but that happened anon.
>>
>>92425738
When?
>>
>>92418137
>while at least one of her college classmates has won a Grand Jury Prize from Sundance and directed a $35,000,000 film (and made $175,000,000 in the box office from it.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ydPNfN8PeI
Details please?
>>
>>92425755
https://youtu.be/3wJt3ayD1Rc?t=10691
here
>>
>>92419108
So, a half of the French?
>>
>>92423442
This is true because it's a collage.And it was posted on Internet
btw did you know that Trump like watersports.It's true, i read it on 4chan
>>
>>92423442
>RLM are less popular than TGWTF by a large margin, and Doug's traffic is increasing while there's has stagnated
This chart is full of shit and you should feel bad for posting it.
>>
>>92426182
Wait, didn't they change their URL to channelawesome.com? You need to add that, too.
>>
>>92420870
She did? Fuck, I always thought she was cute in a dorky way. Fuck this timeline.
>>
>>92425223
Well good, because he didn't write the theme. It's a parody of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t99KH0TR-J4
>>
File: ItBrokeNewGround.png (101KB, 1186x1102px) Image search: [Google]
ItBrokeNewGround.png
101KB, 1186x1102px
>>92426182
>>92426256
Here's what I got
>>
>>92426275
Really? No matter the gender, I always thought JO looked like a school shooter.
>>
>>92426358
Aha, that's why That Guy With The Glasses went down so far. But yeah, RLM is still doing better than Channel Awesome.
>>
>>92426358
>France
0 surprises.
>>
I haven't watched a whole lot, but I have to say I did watch the Sibling rivalry videos and I find myself agreeing with Rob a lot more.

I also do like Lindsey Ellis' stuff a lot more than the NC stuff

Who else on CA is worth checking out, mostly movies, maybe music or books?
>>
File: anon_please.png (58KB, 232x207px) Image search: [Google]
anon_please.png
58KB, 232x207px
>>92421785
>stopped being a weeb
>>
>>92420786
I'd give Tamara a smooch. She's cute.
>>
File: CowaFuckingPieceOfDogShit.png (106KB, 1194x1099px) Image search: [Google]
CowaFuckingPieceOfDogShit.png
106KB, 1194x1099px
>>92426358
Something else I did for shits and giggles. Anything else you want to pry into as long as we're doing an e-celeb thread?
>>
>>92424591
Bennett is shit. Only good for his cringe fanfiction readings.
>>
>>92420323
Well you're wrong in liking lindsay, take that for what it's worth, which could be everything you've ever owned.
>>
>>92426526
Oh fuck, I forgot about Lindsay's attempt to make her own franchise of web reviewers. And then she realized how hard it was to wrangle a bunch of deranged manchildren into making internet videos on a regular basis and it dissolved.
>>
>>92425104
>But he is kind of right. Evangelion WAS a monster of the day show until the director went mental
then how come it sets up for it from the start?
>>
>>92426526
add minecraft puppet steve, bores's latest project that actually seems to be moderately successful
>>
So why does Tv Tropes love these people so much?

Other than it being shit I mean.
>>
>>92426660
TVTropes is managed by autists, haven't you noticed
>>
>>92425270
>>92425104
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dwnvb_neon-genesis-evangelion-vs-the-rebuild-of-evangelion-part-one-neon-genesis-evangelion-1-3_fun if demo likes it I don't think you have any right to dislike it.
>>
>>92426660
CA is a bunch of awkward SJWs, TV tropes is a bunch of awkward SJWs
>>
I remember thinking Kyle Kallgren was one of the best internet critics around. But then he had a mental breakdown, where he tweeted in pixels and dollar signs for an entire day.
>>
>>92426726
>t
did that make him a worse critic?
>>
>>92426660

I'm pretty sure they astroturf. Especially when you look at shit like "awesome moments" or "funny moments" If it is real those people are way too easily impressed.
>>
>>92427220
That's the whole site. Not sure what it looks like now, but the four-man-band or whatever page last time I checked was just a big list of lists of 4 or 5 characters. People just want to add their contribution to some reason.
>>
>>92415835
There's a new guy called The Dom that reviews book adaptations that's pretty good.
>>
>>92415434
It was never funny.

>>92416125
>She actually knows shit about film.

No, she is just a walking abortion and ugly to boot.
>>
I still think he was funny and talented,
used to be a big fan of the site untill I found out that most of these people were fucking cunts
>>
>>92424956
Judging from this pic, what we ended up with was the world's first MtFtM
>>
>>92415535
LMAO! Fucking hell
>>
Oh jeez, just checked Linkara's channel, he's doing big events, watching the Crisis on Infinite Earths one now.
>>
>>92422165
>>92422135
>>92423442
Has ANY of this ever actually been confirmed?
>>
>>92427550
Really, Linkara would probably get more views if he reviewed more big stuff instead of crappy indies nobody has ever heard of.
>>
>>92420706
I swear Tamara must have not watched any movie in her life until joining Channel Awesome.

Like doesn't she have "Tamara's Never Seen Jurassic Park"?

Jurassic fucking Park
>>
>>92426275
Same here, but yeah she's a tranny now. Apparently has some bf to live off of too.
>>
>>92426572
Doesn't she still do like feminist lens reviews of movies?
>>
>>92427422
He also seems like a genuinely nice guy and doesn't seem to have any mental issues or weird drama.
>>
>>92427558
I wouldn't exactly called Crisis on Infinite Earths indie but casual readers (pretty much Linkara's fans) likely haven't heard of it
>>
Did Paw stop making Music Movies?

I actually enjoyed those reviews and didn't feel dumber after watching them.
>>
>>92414843
Suicide Squad review tonight. Apparently it debuted at a movie theater where people paid to watch it.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKRor9Qrk8k
>>
>>92420578
I like Kyle Kallgren's stuff
>>
>>92416373
this
>>
>>92423166
I find Lupa unwatchable. Phelous is pretty fun though, as long he's not making a collab with Lupa.
>>
>>92415970
Improve your fucking word order, and agreed. But their ideas were bad to begin with. After their break they kept getting progressively worse at it. Rolfe's video with the Transformers game which is just a shitty rip off from Silver Surfer, was a stereotypical "in a nutshell" of his shitty reviews, only much much more downwatered.
>>
>>92420336
>gave an intentionally shitty performance in To Boldly Flee

How do you tell the difference?

I mean...Phelous is a decent reviewer, but I've seen Mortal Komedy. "Bad on purpose" is his entire acting method.
>>
>>92427558
He goes with the low hanging fruit so that he doesn't have to form an actual opinion of the book and brush it off so he can go back to larping as his fan fic angel character.
>>
Anyone here watch any geek juice stuff? It's mostly riffs but at least It's usually different stuff. Like last night yhey riffed the alan smithee cut of dune. Here's a few examples

https://youtu.be/3mkEtbCUljM

https://youtu.be/vHhhcNGb488

https://youtu.be/0n4_f1JjHp8
>>
>>92427550
God I'd love to see a CW2 review from him.
>>
>>92416334
>Sonic 06

james is always tame with modern games as the AVGN because the whole point of the character is to vent about the games he played as a kid so he's not as attached to something that came out on the PS2 or 360 as he would be to something on the NES or genesis
>>
>>92426660
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/HookerVerse
>>
>>92414843
fuck him and fuck you

I try not to judge people but anyone who actually likes this guy or his shitstain squad is legitimately retarded.
>>
>>92425778
She was in the same school at the same times as Creed's director, Ryan Coogler.
>>
>>92416264
>>92416450
He's been promising this series for over a year.
You can tell that secretly, he's a fan.
>>
>>92425778
It's Ryan Coogler.
>>
>>92429424
He used to openly be a big fan of Spoony.

That video's going to be the best one, I guarantee.
>>
File: 1463069995024.gif (594KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1463069995024.gif
594KB, 200x200px
>>92427645
>Theatrical review
What the fuck?
>>
>>92427645
Is he going to use footage? Not much point in acting it out if it's out on DVD
>>
>>92418335
Fucking fight me! I demand recompensation for taste THIS shit!
>>
>>92429850
It was footage. The people in the movie theatre got to see it weeks before everyone else.
>>
>>92427422
My sister introduced me to Lost in Adaptation.

I wouldn't call The Dom the funniest reviewer out there, but I like his series so far. The premise alone is very interesting.
>>
>>92426660
Astroturfing
>>
>>92426422
Todd and Brad are pretty good.
>>
>>92426660
You've got CA, right? We'll call that Autism.

Then you've got TVTropes. It's what we'll call Ascended Autism.

And if you were to go even further beyond, you'd end up with Pooh's Adventures.
>>
>>92430229
Nice. I know they're popular but I can't stand the acting episodes. Waste of good jokes.
>>
>>92430612
>>92427422
He also once did a Lost in Adaptation on Watchmen. He thinks that Snyder was justified in getting rid of the squid even if it's not loyal to the source material.
>>
>>92430796
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't understand the question. It's just acting, no movie footage as far as I can tell.
>>
>>92426726
That's the weird guy who went crazy and blocked everyone who ever said anything pro-Gamergate, right? Brows Held High?

In some YouTube comments, I saw Brad also mention that he blocked his girlfriend, even though they never met and Kyle had blocked him a long time ago.
>>
File: 1467207439251.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467207439251.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>92421153
>All of this
I remember her from that group pokemon review and her part from The boldly flee. She looked kinda 'qute' in her own way, especially with those stacks of anime behind her merch in her reviews.
It's surprising how people can change for better or worse in a span of time.
>>
>>92421153
Oh, Oh wow.

To think, I liked her old stuff.I mean, I still do, but I feel dirty for liking it. Kind of like when you see a painting you like only to find out it was made by Hitler.
>>
>>92427556I
I don't believe in any of those
Except Linkara's stories, those sounds possible to happen.
>>
>>92430874
>just acting, no movie footage
Fucking why?
>>
File: What are you talking about.jpg (216KB, 742x957px) Image search: [Google]
What are you talking about.jpg
216KB, 742x957px
Have we made a TGWTG ranking chart that shows the quality of videos with the amount of humanity left in each person yet?

I feel like that's something that should have been done by now.
>>
>>92427637
Nothing kills the soul like marrying an asexual vampire.
>>
>>92420870
I'm honestly fine with it since Jesu always looked like a teenage boy anyway.
>>
>>92418095
>Jonathan ARYAN Jafari
His parents knew what they were doing.
>>
>>92424554
JO only privatized their videos since Mister Metokur is doing a series on the fall of Channel Awesome and it's contributors; so naturally the ones with the most skeletons in their closet are hiding everything they can.
>>
>>92431424
Sage and Phaelous for sure managed to maintain the most of their souls from the experience.
>>
Whatever happened to that music reviewer and the girl who did vampire stuff?

Did they get a happy ending or did it go horribly wrong?
>>
>>92423442

That's outdated now.
>>
have any of you ever had your tweet replied to by a CA member?

>Spoony goes on a rant about how everybody who didn't like Rey from Star Wars was sexist
>"seriously spoony can you qoute anything memorable she said" I tweeted
>he responds: "you will unshackle these chains and unlock this door"

well he sure proved me wrong.

>Nash going on about how critics of the new ghostbusters were sexist
>says "I you say it ruined you childhood your basically admitting your a manbaby"
>I tweet to him saying that its hypocitcal that he got a career from the nostalgia critic and thats basically his thing.
> he responds "you do know dougs playing a character right?"
>>
>>92419878
They didn't follow because it was terrible because he has zero talent.
>>
>>92432784
>have any of you ever had your tweet replied to by a CA member?

I once offered Linkara a free perfect IV pokemon when he was tweeting about how he lost a battle. All that happened was he said no thanks and that he like using his in game team.
>>
>>92427556
The first one is actually real. >>92422165 was made by someone who actually did work on Kickassia. There's also one out there for Suburban Knights as well.

They have RLM infographics too. They are pretty much fake but highly amusing.
>>
>>92432784
>you do know dougs playing a character right?"

God, that's on par with "I was only pretending to be retarded."
>>
>there are people ITT who sincerely enjoy CA and its brigade of autists
>>
>>92427556
No, but we're pretty sure the one by the anonymous member of CA is real, since it's pretty obviously RiceDude. How honest he's being is up for debate, though.
>>
>>92429636
>>92427645
So Douggie is still doesnt get it right?

Nobody likes nuNC, nobody liked Demo Reel, nobody likes he tip toeing over copyrighted content like a pussy cause mah youtube monetizations and content id.
>>
>>92420578
He's not for everyone but I've always been a fan of Some Jerk with a Camera mostly because I'm a theme park nerd
>>
Does Doug still do Ask That Guy?
>>
>>92434110
No
>>
Someone wrote that Tamara acted like a cunt to someone on FB, does anyone have caps?
>>
>>92434240
Lel
>>
>>92420457
Her stuff also tended to have a lot of, I don't know 'feminist' undertones. Something about them just rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>>92414843

If I want to watch Mystery Science Theater 3000, I'll watch that, rather than an unfunny ripoff.
>>
>>92414843

So who's the worst of the CA alumni?
>>
>>92434644
Linkara or Blockbuster Buster
>>
>>92426182
Check the dates, anon.

If anything, those posts were around when Channel Awesome's viewership really started shit-spiralling.
>>
>>92434644
Lowest quality, most annoying, or worst human being?
>>
File: 1494527077522.png (340KB, 534x388px) Image search: [Google]
1494527077522.png
340KB, 534x388px
>>92434832
I guess since you've seem to have one for every category just give me a run down of each.
>>
>>92421131
He really has to stop it with the fucking gun already. In fact all these shitty reviewers gotta stop it with portraying their character as a violent wise cracker it's something a 14 year old would come up with while making their own OC donutsteal.
>>
>>92424549
Linkara please
>>
File: 1438467726050.jpg (221KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1438467726050.jpg
221KB, 960x1280px
I'd still fug JesuOtaku
>>
>>92426358
They're all cancer anyway.
>>
>>92426526
>Irate Gamer
Fucking kek
>>
>>92431960
Am I the only one who hates Mister Metokur?
>>
File: Oh, hello there.jpg (168KB, 620x274px) Image search: [Google]
Oh, hello there.jpg
168KB, 620x274px
>mfw Doug killed his best series
On the one had, it's pretty clear he realized he had run out of ideas, and that's good... but man, was it so much better than Nostalgia Critic
>>
>>92435448
i kinda lost respect for him when he rage quit gamergate because it wasn't the big alt-right uprising he wanted it to be and then started doing videos going after DSP in order to regain the cred he lost
>>
>>92435546
THIS

the guy is an asshole, there's no denial on that, and wanted to kinda make GG all about himself, but then the pro-GG called him out on his extremist views and he flipped out and basically rage quitted, that last video on GG he made was so pathethic.

Oh and the fact that he had sex with his girlfriend on a livestream on youtube while many of his followers were not adults, and somehow he didn't got enough scorn!

No i am not making that out kids, that actually happened.

The dude its just one of "those people", they just do what they do to piss people off because they are kinda sociopathic.
>>
File: 1491793192941.jpg (14KB, 169x185px) Image search: [Google]
1491793192941.jpg
14KB, 169x185px
>>92423442
>Spoony is BiPolar Type II and since getting meds is fine
>Spoony might actually turn his life around

Well THAT needs an update.
>>
>>92435685
>>92435448
The thing however is, despite not being the best person around, he still gets followers by exposing other dipshits on the internet while other people would be too vanilla virtue signaling happy to do it.

So in a sense, he at the very least does some good to humanity, when he isn't just to seek self gaining, but then again there's bigal2k6 who keeps shilling him and him only for these types of topics, even going as far as saying that once jim81jim makes a video, all bets are off!
>>
Who was the guy who did the porn game reviews. I liked him.
>>
>>92435685
i wonder if he's gonna come out of the woodwork when quinn releases her gamergate book

I'd love to see a face off on who's the biggest drama queen
>>
>>92432784
Before the shit with quitting CA, I asked JO what was going on that was making her so angry lately. She sicked her followers on me, who kept calling me sexist even though I didn't mention anything of the sort.
>>
File: 1493823783002.jpg (55KB, 700x524px) Image search: [Google]
1493823783002.jpg
55KB, 700x524px
>>92435772
Benzai.
>>
>>92422424
>Was getting caught part of your plan?
Never fucking change /tv/
>>
>>92435812
>when quinn releases her gamergate book
It was dropped by Simon & Schuster and picked up by an imprint too small to afford any kind of publicity tour.

>>92435448
>Am I the only one who hates Mister Metokur?
His entire forte, reason for existing and revenue stream is complaining about things on the internet you already knew about. Even his IA videos were just rehashed information you could have found.

He's also a guy who does troll remorse when it suits him but ultimately has nothing else to fall back on. MM belongs to a generation of YT complainers convinced they are truth-bomb droppers but who never seem to provide any original content or do their own research. Do I occasionally find him amusing? Sure. Would he last this long if his speaking voice were nasal and high pitched? Nope.
>>
>>92435907
But I thought he had the boogaloo flu?
>>
>>92435448
>Am I the only one who hates Mister Metokur?

Lemme guess, you were for Bernie or Hillary, right?
>>
>>92436024
The hell are you talking about?
>>
>>92436048
He thinks you hate him for being a Trump supporter even though you gave legit reasons for not liking him that don't have anything to do with Trump.
>>
>>92435999
>>92435743
>>92435685
>>92435546
>>92435448

Jim81Jim is nothing special, aside form his political incorrect Edgegod humor and attitude, but, you know...

We got Sargon of Akkad, Kraut and Tea, Appabend, Mrrepzion, h3h3, Shoe on Head, fuck even TJ to some extent *even tough he quit the Amazing Atheist persona and since then his videos felt lifeless.

Jim81Jim is just those obscurefag youtube personalities who think they were better than the big guys, font believe e, the fact that he is related to nobodies like RandomDCE, Hellsing920, Bigal2k6 doesnt help.
>>
>>92414843
>that review where he say his old him sucked and he prefer the new one
literally the fucking worst
>>
>>92421153
you left out
> tried to write an eroge until she discovered that involved work
>>
>>92436072
I'm actually not that anon. I was just wondering what that had to do with anything.
>>
>>92435999
>It was dropped by Simon & Schuster and picked up by an imprint too small to afford any kind of publicity tour.

has zoe reach JUST levels yet?
>>
>>92423507
>Any dirt on Eric or Todd

Todd whiteknighted SarahButts far longer than any sane person should have.
>>
What can I watch instead?
I check on NC from time to time just to be disappointed again and again.

Still watching Chez Lindsay.

Kinda miss this old "nerd in his room" format. Now everything is trendy and shit. Movie channels are "top 10 shit you didn't know" or some hipsters "video essay".
>>
File: Smack.jpg (74KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Smack.jpg
74KB, 900x900px
Thoughts on Pushing Up Roses? I never see her get mentioned when CA is brought up.
>>
>>92424615
He just did a review talking about it.
>>
>>92436102
>obscurefag youtube personalities
with only rare exceptions this is redundant, there are tripfags here with more lasting power and I retch at the thought
>>
>>92423540
Pretty much why I watch his YT channel still. I jumped ship from the main site five years ago.
>>
>>92436408
>I jumped ship from the main site five years ago.
So did blip
>>
File: 1432681347931.gif (982KB, 320x190px) Image search: [Google]
1432681347931.gif
982KB, 320x190px
>>92435187
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>92435907
who that on the right though
>>
>>92436322
I don't think many people watched her stuff. I know I didn't. I think she was in the brawl crossover with the Nerd and the bigger names in CA for the first anniversary and that's probably the only thing I saw her in.
>>
>>92418041
Way too much of their critique is all about "muh screenplay", like all normalfag internet reviewers. At least Lid's work tries to go a step further with theory, I feel like RLM is more concerned with the comedy and entertainment.
>>
>>92436459
Understandable. Her content on CA wasn't terribly remarkable, just doing short let's plays with other contributors (Mostly Paw.)

Her Adventure game reviews on youtube are pretty solid though. Her humor's hit and miss but she's decently informative and got me back into adventure games, so there's that.
>>
>>92436024
Ted cruz, actually.
>>
>>92416683
Spoony was always at least more entertaining since he had passion that never comes across with Doug. I liked his CounterMonkey stuff along with his Streaming he'd started getting into a while back. Shame he stopped again.
>>
>>92435685

You sound like exactly the kind of autist he makes fun of all the time. I think I understand why you REALLY dislike him.

Did he kink-shame you? Make fun of your inflation fetish? Your vore fetish? Your diaper fetish? Something along those lines?
>>
>>92418095
Your mom was a Nazi.
She just couldn't destroying Poles.
>>
File: 1492823264203.png (731KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1492823264203.png
731KB, 499x499px
>>92436024
>>92436732
>>
>>92436412
Don't most people? They go to either Twitch or YouTube for stuff now and they are actually generating content.
>>
>>92418994
It started with Bill Murray you odorous funkers.
>>
>>92435187
Is...is there a full picture of him/her topless?

I need it for scientific reasons, I assure you.
>>
>>92436447
wrong hormones
>>
>>92436447
Came out as transgender. New name is Jacob.
>>
File: C-mfsScUIAAjhdk.jpg (253KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C-mfsScUIAAjhdk.jpg
253KB, 1200x900px
>>92436993
You asked for it.
Technically not topless but
>>
>>92436993
You could put two aspirin pills on an ironing board and get about the same results really.
>>
File: i am become sweat.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
i am become sweat.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>92420659
>Marzgurl
Always liked her.

She's also extremely attractive to me now with her short bright pink hair and bright red lipstick. Something about that combo on her with that voice does things to me and I'm not sure why...
>>
>>92437081
such a waste of a beautiful bod
>>
>>92435448
>>92435546
>>92435685

>"Mister Metokur isn't funny... And I have a GREAT sense of humor!"
>>
>>92437081
If you can ignore the face she still has a really fucking nice body.

Please tell me there is a picture of her somewhere topless I've been wanting this since her Gurren Lagann review
>>
>>92437136
Relax metokur.
You don't need to be a comic genius to judge someone else for failing to be funny.
>>
>>92424591
I dont really get his attitude to thinking english dubs are better and not even giving chance to original japanese version like at all
>>
>>92432003
They had a kid together and they're still happy AFAIK.
>>
>>92423442
I love how even in this autistic People magazine e-celeb warped version of reality Linkara is still too fucking autistic to fuck Lindsay.
>>
>>92414843
I stopped watching a long, long time ago. They went from "I'm a retarded teenager and find this funny" to depressingly awful.

Still, was anyone in here for the big eggkara marathon where we watched all three of his "movies" back to back to back? Fuck, that was fun. Those "movies" are still some of the worst I've ever seen. The third one was literally 3 and a half hours long. It's times like that that make me love you anons.
>>
>>92432003
>Whatever happened to that music reviewer and the girl who did vampire stuff
Who are you talking about?

Todd? Todd is still doing reviews, but I don't think you're talking about him.
>>
>>92414843

>MST3K reboot just came out
>Makes this garbage

Leave it to the pros, you faggot.
>>
>>92437266
>Those "movies" are still some of the worst I've ever seen.

And didn't he crowd-source something like $100k to make them? And they still look like some spergy faggot with a camcorder in his backyard?
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 265x190px
http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/20110325immigrant-killed-deputy-details.html

>Sheriff Joe Arpaio believes Deputy Miles Antwiler was protecting the public when he held his service revolver near Castellanos' head and pulled the trigger, the bullet entering Castellanos' skull between his eye and his ear and lodging in his brain.

>"I think the deputy is probably a hero," Arpaio said.
>>
Alright, in a nutshell, Doug, James, Lewis etc (most of these internet video critics) are good at riffing on entertainment but they have zero talent when it comes to... Anything else, including comedy that does not involve riffing. And when they try to deviate from that it's painful.

Linkara clearly wants you to give a shit about the ongoing storyline bookending episodes AT4W, but it has nothing to do with the real content (the review part) and it's (ironically) the incomprensive and artificially convoluted crap he tends to criticise about the comics he's reviewing. At least they're just bookends though, you can just stop the video once they start and pretend they're not there at all, which is more than I can say for others...
>>
>>92437267
He's probably talking about Paw, who married Elisa (the girl he's talking about) and had a kid.
>>
>>92437330
They literally look like a movie someone here could make in their backyard.

90% of the movies is switching to each shitty "critic" and have them say a line.
>>
>>92437397
They need to take tips from Youtubers and spend time doing better editing and setting up their comedic bits.
>>
>>92437420
>Paw
Oh shit I forgot about him! I fucking loved his Musical Movies reviews, he got me into Reefer Madness! Glad to hear he's doing alright.
>>
>>92422165
>>92422135
>>92423442

I hate whenever these are posted. I was there when the real dirt on CA/TGWTG appeared here but now people have deluded it with so much made-up stuff nobody really rememebrs what are the parts that are real.
>>
File: C_wQNapUAAAi7jQ.jpg (118KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C_wQNapUAAAi7jQ.jpg
118KB, 893x1200px
>>92437397
This was retweeted by Lindsay the other day.
>>
>>92437397
Really? I actually find James' non-AVGN content better than his AVGN videos, except for the newer 2deep4u Board James stuff.
>>
>>92437397
Remember when someone asked movieblob:
When are you going to release videos without the stupid embarrasing storyline?
and movieblob answered: when i want to put an inferior product out.
Poor faggot.
>>
>>92430809
Sadly I kind of agree with him, A lot of Watchmen's point are kind of complicated to adapt.

It's more proof that Watchmen itself was just too complicated to turn into a movie to begin with.
>>
File: 1340402635545.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1340402635545.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>92415434
>>
>>92437330
>And didn't he crowd-source something like $100k to make them? And they still look like some spergy faggot with a camcorder in his backyard?

Demo Reel was the same thing.

Doug raised tens of thousands of dollars in crowd sourcing, sunk a lot of his own fortune from doing NC... Rented a studio, hired actors, hired a crew, bought professional equipment and software, purchased props and wardrobe...

And it STILL looks like a bunch of Special Ed kids with a camcorder at the park or in their living room. It doesn't matter how much money Doug throws at his projects, he just doesn't have the ability or the vision to ever make them look like anything other than something a high schooler would do for the lulz.
>>
>>92424254
I despite those two. They are like that super clean and PG sickening lovehearts from a sitcom.

also they like shit like Once Upon a Time so fuck em.
>>
>>92426660
TVTropes and Channel Awesome were both borne of the same mid-2000s SomethingAwful reject school of autistic children's media obsessions and over the top edgy humor, which later would evolve into the Deviantart/Fanfiction school of autismo, which became Tumblr which we still see today.

The difference is that CA is more a look into what happens when you try to live life like an edgy anime protagonist. Even the more well adjusted CA contributors are real fuckups in life because of this.
>>
>>92426660

Autism.

That's honestly the only reason. Autists tend to stick together and support each other. TV Tropes is managed by autists. The content providers for CA are autists. So naturally they have each other's backs in everything.
>>
>>92424759
>Name is Chap-Man
That's your reason right there
>>
>>92414843
So Brad is 100% the protagonist of the ongoing CA deconstruction soap opera anime right? He's basically 80% /tv/ insert, outside of when RLM appear to get their dicks sucked for a couple episides.

You could make an argument for Chez but she's more an antihero. A self-destructive wreck using whatever means necessary to put her life back on track seems a bit too edgy, even for this show.

Does that make Doug or Rob the antagonist?
>>
>>92437361
Miles killed a human trafficker that was bringing an assault rifle to bear on him.

That's more than most of /co/ has managed to do for the good of the human race.
>>
>>92437542
>Really? I actually find James' non-AVGN content better than his AVGN videos, except for the newer 2deep4u Board James stuff.

... The normal reviews that aren't just glorified riffing? Sure, those are good.
>>92437543
>Remember when someone asked movieblob:
>When are you going to release videos without the stupid embarrasing storyline?
>and movieblob answered: when i want to put an inferior product out.
>Poor faggot.

Bob did eventually drop it, so I guess he felt like lowering his own perceived standards. That or he had a moment of clarity in the swamp of his delusional SJW mind and realised making something that alienates his fanbase was a bad idea.

>>92437455
How many takes do think they actually shoot before editing?
>>
>>92437503
>"Not if we can help it, King Doomatron!"
>>
>>92437829
Rob and Mike Michaud are the villains. Doug is the henchman.
>>
>>92425782
Man, I thought I had a smudge on my screen
>>
>>92437503
Pft-haha! Did she comment on it?
>>
>>92425275
>Having your own parents hate you, especially at a young age, can fuck anyone up.

Can confirm. Had friend whose dad was this brutal shithead. Told him to get rid of his entire comic collection. Told him to stop playing D&D. Told him to "grow up and be a man"
So he went trans.
>>
>>92437642
I really don't think there's any kind of secret autistic camaraderie. If anything I'd say
>if you're a fan of a reviewer, you have a whole fanbase to talk about anything they've happened to review, instead of a fanbase to talk about only one media franchise.
>people who are fans of Internet Reviewer alongside you, are less likely to be extremely critical people. And won't mock you for having similar social difficulties/social awareness.
>low barrier-of-entry to be part of the fanbase. You only have to watch reviews, you don't even have to watch the original movie/whatever.
>low barrier-of-entry to be a content-creator. Low production quality has an outsider-art/I-can-do-this-myself appeal, and might inspire them to make their own reviews.
>You can see the face and bedroom/living area of the reviewer
>>
>>92437864
CA and crew.. fuck not more than two or three. Hell I don't think they even prepare before shooting.
>>
>>92436322
I've seen her stuff. She 'aight.

I remember enjoying her Let's Play of Fatty Bear with Todd in the Shadows.
>>
>>92429523
Will it be the Spoontima Retrospective?
>>
>>92437397
My favorite thing has to be when Lupa did a skit at the start of one of her Witchcraft reviews saying how the movies broke her and now she's Dark Lupa. It seemed like she was going to lead into a plotline about it.

And then she immediately says that she's just kidding and the idea is stupid.

I wish other reviewers did that.
>>
>>92434451
What does the Felicia Day garbage have to do with Channel Autocunnilingus though?
>>
Spider-Man, Spider-Man
Takes a dump in a coffee can
Plays some games with a grudge
Gonna shit out some anal fudge
Look out! Here comes some shitty games
>>
>>92437842
Hey, I didn't breed, so that's something good I did for the human race.
>>
Any of you guys Heard of Heart of Gaming
because i swear
that fuckin show made by Leon was legitimately awesome.
>>
So review is out!

http://channelawesome.com/suicide-squad-nostalgia-critic/

And its shit!

>as always, Dougie walkie talks about a scene but IGNORES the BIGGER PICTURE
>the scene of Joker and Harley on the helicopter

Havent anybody noticed that Doug goes all of his way to get information wrong or not knowing all the details, but thinking that because he has a large audience, his malinformed opinions are the end of be all.

DOES THE STUPID ASSHOLE DIDNT KNEW ABOUT HOW THE SCENE WITH TEH HELICOPTER WAS CHANGED TO MAKE THE JOKER MORE SYMPATHETIC?
>>
>>92439034

You're out-sperging the spergs who made the video, anon.

Reevaluate yourself.
>>
>>92439034
>getting this triggered over a bad movie
Ostrander please
>>
Are there any more of those TGTWG gossip collages about how they're all sexual deviants and drug addicts?

I don't even care if they're true, reading them just makes me laugh.
>>
>>92438859
You mean Renegade Cut dude?
I can't take anything he does seriously anymore since his conniption fit about What Dreams May Come.
>>
>>92416667
That whole scenario completely slayed my sides, especially the coma bit
>>
>>92439265
Yeah
I don´t really much care for renegade cut
I´m still mad he decided to delete the videos
They were top quality content
>>
>>92425297
>Doug wanted to do some crap sketch show and sank a lot of money something like a half million in buying a studio and paying for actors

Half a fucking million? According to what?
>>
>>92439391
What was it about exactly, Google is telling me mixed things.
>>
>>92439452
I think he did a fundraiser?
Also dougs website was incredibly lucrative, was in some business magazines iirc.
>>
>>92414843
No. Why would anyone watch this shithead? I mean, unless they forced you at gunpoint.
>>
>>92437136
did you even read those posts?
>>
>>92439452

CA at its peak was earning around $90k a month and over $1mill a year.

Despite that, Doug still used Indie Go Go to crowd source his Demo Reel and anniversary movie ventures. Which were shot on a camcorder in basements, parks and in front of green screens.

I'm pretty sure he funneled all that money into "living expenses".
>>
>>92421761
>How many times has a movie made you mad enough to scream at it and call it a cock sucker?
Every time Zack Snyder gets another gig. Just because you're not passionate about movies, it doesn't mean everyone else isn't. That said, Douge is unwatchable, so is the rest of channel autism.
>>
>>92421353

Cause he is actually passionate about retrogaming, knows his shit and records in a basement full of vidya paraphernalia.

Plus the whole thing feels like he is talking about things he likes just to you. The parts when he talks about his childhood vidya stuff like nintendo power, his enthusiasm about vidya history, explaining obscure shit like pong consoles in detail. The swearing and the beer just makes it even more real in a way, its like you are sitting on the couch with him while he is going on about his vidya.
>>
>>92439611
There's a difference between being passionate and being a fucking autistic wreck. Guess which one you are.
>>
>>92426660
I'm like 90% sure there's astroturfing involved. TGTWTG contributors mention TV Tropes in their videos occasionally and the "awesome moments", "heartwarming moments", and "funny moments" pages are filled to the brim to the point they basically encompass every single thing anyone says in any video.
>>
>>92437604
>which later would evolve into the Deviantart/Fanfiction school of autismo, which became Tumblr which we still see today.

At least they produce some nice art and fics occasionally. What does TV Tropes do except masturbate itself?
>>
>>92439603

>Earn over 1 million dollars a year
>Tell your audience you need donations to make a camcorder movie
>They happily give you $500k of their own money to do it

Are... Are Doug's fans mentally handicapped?
>>
>>92439794
Are you seriously still wondering that?
>>
>>92436024
I didn't vote
>>
>>92439034
>tfw people don't realize this is parody of the NC
>>
>>92423507
https://twitter.com/ShadowTodd/status/523546108329734144
Yes
>>
>>92439716
>>92426660
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Awesome/DemoReel

>The "Super-Villain Shuffle". A guy as white as Doug shouldn't be able to pull off rapping, but it ends up awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfaGm6XlpGQ
>>
>>92439246
I second that
>>
>Colin Mochrie's son was a reviewer for CA
>became a tranny
Jesus Christ, Douge.
>>
>>92440314
HALF A MILLION DOLLARS
>>
>>92439663
That's besides the subject; it seems you feel apprehensive about these people, which says more about your mental health than anything.
>>
>>92428769

> Belligerent Sexual Tension: Michaud and Chick are quite possibly one of the most messed up examples. Both have admitted to utterly despising the other. When confronted with the possibility of being in love with one another, both work very hard to change the subject.
>Double Standard: Rape, Female on Female and Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: Both averted. That Other Girl raping, torturing and generally mindfucking the Critic and the Chick (and Penny too) is her being a monster, not an Abusively Sexy Woman.
>Fanservice: The original point of this AU. It's somewhat expanded beyond that, now.
>Only Sane Man: JewWario, Cinema Snob and Harvey Finevoice seem to be the only conveyors of consistent sense in this world. Harvey tries to remind his patients that acting they're the victim isn't doing them any favors and the other two are in the character sheet.
>Sex for Services: It's implied this is how Linkara got started. But replace services for drugs.
>Slasher Smile: The person that holds a knife to the Chick and assaults her has one of these.
>Twincest: Critic/Ask That Guy are the horribly fucked up, self-destructive kind, naturally.
>What You Are in the Dark: MarzGurl whores herself out to save her girlfriend's job and doesn't tell her.

What in the fuck am I reading here
>>
I've actually met Angry Joe at a con before.
Honestly he is a really nice guy. I got nothing against him. Hung out with him and talked vidya and shit.

However i will say, i have no idea where he gets his energy from. The guy is the most hyperactive fuck i have ever met. I got tired just standing next to him. He goes from casually talking, to bouncing around and screaming with no warning. I mean it was a con, and he was excited, but goddamn.
Im not saying he's a cokehead, but i wouldnt be surprised.
I need some of whatever he's smoking.
>>
>>92440314
>A guy as white as Doug shouldn't be able to pull off rapping, but it ends up awesome.
w-w-w-w-w-WEW lad.
>>
I can't believe that anyone still watches Nostalgia Critic
>>
>>92437361
Read the rest of the article. Miles literally did nothing wrong and that is not how it went down, reporter is talking out of his ass.
>>
Man, it feels so weird looking back on what was essentially my middleschool/highschool influences.

Heck, I even skimmed through stuff I used to watch, as well as watching a few newer videos from each of the people I used to watch that are still around.

>NC
Still okay I guess, but most of the skits are too long and kill whatever comedic flow is being built. A recent example of one I actually liked was his Clockstoppers review, which was paced a lot like his older stuff.

>Linkara
I give less of a shit about his storyline stuff, but I still enjoy the actual reviews.

>Brad
Still my favorite, and a really cool guy

>Spoony
RIP. I still go back and watch his Ultima Retrospective from time to time...
>>
>>92440314
I can't believe this entire entry holy shit they're actually acting like it wasn't a disaster. It was So Bad It's Good.
>>
>>92440465

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxCkrkfbaiw

Wash that shit down with some troper tales.
>>
>>92440660
It just makes me think
>>92439716
>>92427220
>>92430687
are on to something.
>>
>>92421603
duh, its cause its epic
>>
>>92424591
"The hero having a love interest is inherently selfish. That's why Superman shouldn't have Lois Lane, and why Spider-Man's entire school of thought should be condemned."

Nah he's just shitty in general
>>
>>92437896
it's just his face.
>>
>>92421131
That 3D Johnny Quest thing had an intro like this!
It feels the same. :(
>>
>>92440719
makes my skin crawl.
>>
>>92441004
>"The hero having a love interest is inherently selfish. That's why Jack shouldn't have Ashi

Sounds familiar...
>>
two words: Brental Floss
>>
>>92422424
K I N K A R A
>>
>>92439246
They're just hilarious fanfiction. I love how in-character it all is, every single autistic bit of juicy gossip seems like a natural elaboration, both of their real selves (from what little we know) and more importantly from their CA personas.

/tv/'s basically invented this weird soap opera drama about this group of horribly broken has been mid-2000s e-celebs trying and failing to salvage the sinking ship that brought them to stardom, with lots of fucked up sexual deviancies and manipulations and edgelord-ing and autistic freakouts along the way.
>>
>>92439716
TGTWTG and TV Tropes are really alike though, they were both sort of built around childhood nostalgia and Joss Whedon Buffy-era humor/sarcasm/metareferences. It makes sense that they would jerk each other off.
>>
>>92422424
> Essentially it's a Celebrities Tale featuring a few DC comics superheroines, including Supergirl, Powergirl, and Wonder Woman, albeit two of them were actually modified hermaphorditic clones who kind of raped Supergirl
>I thought I had placed it in the disclaimer that, for the purposes of the story, I modified it so Supergirl was at least 18 years old.

This is when you know you're dealing with a class act.
>>
>>92441117
What's the dirt on Brent?
>>
>>92437909
no, it was retweeted without comment
>>
File: IMG_2316.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2316.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>92418095
He has a lot of screws in his head but he's no Nazi. He's good friends with Ethan and Hila who are ridiculously Jewish.
>>
>>92437867
That was the best comic by ics ever
>>
>>92420870
I think it's pretty cool since there's so little FTM content producers honestly, shame he had to be a filthy weeb
>>
bumparoo
Thread posts: 524
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.