[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So since everyone's whining about the new season, are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: SamJack.jpg-large.jpg (210KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
SamJack.jpg-large.jpg
210KB, 900x1384px
So since everyone's whining about the new season, are these any good?
>>
Genndy said they are not canon so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>92407937
I like them

>>92407995
>canonfags
>>
>>92407937
I like the art style, but their real hit and miss from what I can tell. I considered buying one myself, but the opening story was pretty underwhelming imo, so I passed on it.
>>
>>92407937
>>92407995
>>92408007
Opinions of the quality of the new season aside , what would happen if a non canon product of a show ended being the superior interpretation?
>>
>>92408184
Then, it'd be better but that wouldn't make it canon.
>>
The strands of time stuff was pretty meh,the broken sword thing was kino but rushed and pretty anti climatic and the ending was really predictable,it is pretty fun to read through,some of the side quests were really fun
>>
>>92407937
Yes. It feels like a classic season of Samurai Jack. It's pretty good. I like the darker tone of Season 5 but this really feels like the earlier episodes. Plus the Jack loses his sword plotline is executed better. Only problem is that there is no Scaramouche.
>>
>>92408325
I remember seeing a lot of blood in the comics as well. Am I correct?
>>
>>92408215
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeathOfTheAuthor
>>
>>92408305
>the broken sword thing was kino but rushed and pretty anti climatic
I agree. I don't have a lot of complaints about the book myself, but I would have liked to see more of Jack on the run when it had just ended. The 5th season scratches that itch a little, but they're two different scenarios, so there's not a lot of overlap.
>>
>>92408325
>I like the darker tone of Season 5 but this really feels like the earlier episodes.

If you didn't notice, people started bitching about the new season the most when it started to feel like the old show again instead of Mad Max but he's Japanese. Episode 4 was the shift.
>>
>>92407995
That's a dumb excuse considering Gendy changed his original ending he had planned and retconned several story arcs like Guardian just to force it through.
>>
>>92408184
If it is more popular and of better quality it becomes the de facto new canon. We see this battle happening with Dragon Ball Super. The original author Toriyama is semi retired and only gives outlines for stories and some character designs. The people in charge of the manga and anime diverge. Neither has made a standout product so debates of canonicity run wild. If one of the 2 was definitely better, people would regard
it as the more canon of the 2.
>>
>>92409672
>and retconned several story arcs like Guardian

Shut up about this until the finale airs. Actually rewatch the episode; the portal just showed the Guardian that at some point in the future, Jack would become a king and POSSIBLY come back. A rematch was never confirmed. Either they fix the portal, or the portal just saved Jack because it knew he'd go back some other way.
>>
>>92409672
>changed his original ending he had planned

Apparently now anons have the ability to read minds.
>>
>>92408184
>clone wars 2003 vs clone wars 2008
>>
>>92407937
>Zub
unless it has Skullkickers in the cover, don't bother with anything this guy writes
>>
>>92407937
new season wouldnt be so bad if ashi wasnt so unnesecarily sexualised

like seriously was season 5 made by horny 14 yo's?
>>
>>92413523
>so unnecessarily sexualized

holy crap you are a prude

id admit its more sexualized than the original, but its literally being geared more towards adults now.

sorry you cant handle implied nudity and a single kiss.
>>
>>92413691
making something uneseccarily sexualised doesn't make something more adult in fact it makes it more childish because only horny kids see it as something good and not cringey
>>
File: lol vp.jpg (24KB, 224x270px) Image search: [Google]
lol vp.jpg
24KB, 224x270px
>>92407937
yes they are
>>92407995
not canon... yeah except they have King Jack unlike the fucking season 5 which doesnt have that at all and retconned its own invention.... imo its canon more than season 5. season 5 is fanfic
>>
>>92414006
>season 5 is fanfic

Pretty funny because it's literally written like some 15 year old girl who has a crush on jack wrote her "fictional" self into the season to be jacks love interest
>>
>>92414252
its what it feels like. like season 5. the comic in my opinion is canon as it features all the prominent characters like king jack and old scotsman. unlike season 5 hwhich killed scotsman and replaced him with a whore
>>
>>92407937
>everyone
You mean that samefag shitposter?
>>
>>92414006
>season 5 is fanfic
Authism or Bait?
It's up for we to decide.
>>
>>92414594

It's pretty pathetic, this season has none of the feels the old samurai jack has and jack isn't the hardened war veteran he should be, instead he's some smitten highschool student fawning for some last minute love interest
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.