[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Samurai Jack needed more than 10 episodes to wrap up its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 967719_1330903184287_full.jpg (300KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
967719_1330903184287_full.jpg
300KB, 1920x1080px
>Samurai Jack needed more than 10 episodes to wrap up its story
>Gravity Falls needed at least three seasons
>Steven Universe would do better with 22-minute instead of 11-minutes

Anime has mini series all the time and can successfully wrap up their stories in 7 episodes. Why do western cartoons struggle and the answer is always "Just give it more time!"?
>>
Anime is 100% shit
>>
>>92405694
>can successfully wrap up their stories in 7 episodes.
no
>>
>>92405729
And western cartoons always give 110% on that front huh.
>>
>>92405729
No, you're thinking of western cartoons. You know, the toons that are stuck in a "comedy for kids" ghetto where the creators can't properly write a story because they don't know if the network will renew them or not.
>>
>>92405762
Some do it in less.

FLCL was, what, six episodes?

Really though, SJ and GF are fine. GF's ending wasn't perfect and SJ has a small pacing issue, but otherwise both are great series. Nothing's perfect.

SU probably does okay with what it has. Twenty minutes would obviously be preferable to fans, but only because they'd be getting more of what they like.
>>
>>92405694
I can count the animes with satisfying endings on one hand.
>>
Anime has longer runtime tho
>>
>>92408194
And it'd probably be more than cartoons with satisfying endings.

Or endings at all, assuming they didn't get milked or cancelled.
>>
>>92405694
>Anime has mini series all the time and can successfully wrap up their stories in 7 episodes.
Nope
>>
>>92405856
I personally would prefer SU with 20 minute episodes, but half the episodes per season.

Imagine SU on Netflix, with like 13 20 minute episodes per season.
>>
>>92405694
SJ really did need at least three more episodes to make this feel less rushed.

GF just shit the bed with the finale and failed to deliver on its promise of Bill being more than just a "world domination lul" villain.

SU just needs to have a few more two parters per season. The 11 min eps work for many of the episodes and stops them from having to make b-plots to fill time.
>>
the thing is, nobody knows how to write a decent ending because nobody really gets the chance to do it often. animation in the west relies so heavily on syndicated shows that there's no need for a proper ending in most cases.

It fucking sucks, and it's the most unsatisfactory thing about cartoons in my opinion because most of the shows that have a potentially shorter run with an ending always fucking get cancelled.

>>92408290
>>92405729
>>92405762
learn to support your fucking shit opinions, faggots.
>>
>>92409072
>learn to support your fucking shit opinions, faggots.
burden of proof is upon you
>>
>>92408218
They only really get 20 minutes after OP and ED and most are 11/12 episodes. There's a lot more of it so it makes sense that there will eventually be a decent anime or two a season of forty-something or other shows. Western animation is like "Oh this new show sucks? Tough shit try again next year."
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.