[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So The Boondocks is basically Chappelle's Show, but Aaron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: uncle_ruckus.jpg (49KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
uncle_ruckus.jpg
49KB, 720x480px
So The Boondocks is basically Chappelle's Show, but Aaron McGruder doesn't care if people "laugh wrong" at it, right?

I suppose I'm specifically talking about the show, not the comic.
>>
>>92396629
How do you laugh wrong?
>>
Aaron understands that you can't really control what people will see from your work.
>>
chappelle's show really wasn't that good.
it was just a comedy central show that wasn't completely unwatchable for once, which at that time was rare. it hasn't held up in the slightest. the only good thing dave chappelle has ever done were those two stand up specials.
>>
>>92396654
I think it means that you're laughing at the things that happen without understanding how they're intended to be funny.
>>
>>92396654
Chapelle had a breakdown and went to Africa because he believed his show's entire fanbase was middle-class white people who were laughing because he says 'nigger'
>>
>>92396654

Allegedly Chappelle felt the humor went from black humor to laughing at black people and their stereotypes. He wanted out and the execs said they'd ruin his public image. He left and they said he had a breakdown.
>>
File: 1366890204948.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1366890204948.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>92396806
Wow. That's definitely a lesson to be learned.
>>
>white comedians
>variety of topics to make fun of from marriages to politics to religion
>black comedians
>NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER WHITE PEOPLE SO FUNNY NIGGER NIGGER
>>
>>92396893
Which comedians are you basing this off of?
>>
>>92396893
from what I've seen, like that one black comedian off of snl or Patrice Oneal, they combine the two.
>>
>>92396893
>indirectly defending Carrot Top
>>
>>92396893
t. cracker
>>
File: 6 (2).jpg (369KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
6 (2).jpg
369KB, 1920x2160px
>>92399025
>anon will more than likely have a rebuttal for this reply only because of how easy it is
>>
>>92399007
Who's Carrot Top?
>>
>>92396893
You could say the same about filmmakers since really most films with black protagonists will have something to do with racism or said protagonist being black (Key word being since Moana really being the only movie I can think of that doesn't fall into this right now)
Shame really
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.