[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The trailer for the new x-men tv show just dropped, what doe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

File: gifted.png (275KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
gifted.png
275KB, 825x464px
The trailer for the new x-men tv show just dropped, what does /co/ think about? it seem this is taking place between x-men 3 and DOFP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTzW9rMcbzk
>>
already better than The Flash
>>
>>92393796
I'm hoping the kids are the Fenris twins and there's disturbing incest vibes between them
Like Claremont intended
>>
>>92393796
>it seem this is taking place between x-men 3 and DOFP

Possibly, but I assume it just exists in its own universe/timeline like Logan, Deadpool, etc...
>>
Wow! I didn't realize Heroes was getting another season! I wonder what Claire, Hiro, and the gang will get up to this season!
>>
>>92393964
Same with Legion. Kinda sad all the best things aren't even in the main universe.
>>
>>92393796
Why not call it X-Men: The Gifted?
>>
>>92393796
Lorna, like Lorna Dane, aka Polaris? The one girl that isn't the blonde seems to have some magnetic powers after all.

Also, domestic sentinel services agents, cute. Your local sentinel guy just wrangling up mutants.
>>
>>92394139
Broaden the audience. The people who care that it is X-men will know it is X-men. The people who would get turned off by it being X-men, won't know until it is too late.
>>
>>92394161
Yes. Here's hoping she becomes green haired at some point.
>>
>>92394187
I liked the X in the Legion title. That was a good compromise.
>>
File: blink.png (605KB, 988x705px) Image search: [Google]
blink.png
605KB, 988x705px
>give Blink purple hair
>but don't give Polaris green hair\
>>
Not feeling it. There's only so many times you can do the mutant on the run story.
>>
>>92394538
>>No Pink Skin
Dropped
>>
>>92393796
It has hot girls, but that's about it. And no, that's never a good enough reason to watch the show.
>>
>>92393796
It's got that titty monster from The Goldbergs!
>>
File: t7z7m7v1j5vy.jpg (83KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
t7z7m7v1j5vy.jpg
83KB, 1200x675px
>>92394648
they can get all the titty monsters they want, but the show still has to have good writing & direction to be worthwhile.
>>
>>92394725
But it has Vampire Bill too!
>>
File: rufhisdjk.png (411KB, 844x693px) Image search: [Google]
rufhisdjk.png
411KB, 844x693px
so spider-sentinels?
>>
I never noticed how square her face is. With a triangle for a chin.
>>
How is it possible that FOX can air Gotham, Lucifer and The Gifted at the same time?
>>
>tell me about Lorna
How long till /tv/ starts the shitposts?
>>
>>92394914
/tv/ never stops.
>>
>>92394552
I mean, they haven't done it in TV format. So this would be... the first?
>>
>>92393796
I know tv budget, family drama makes it relatable. But I really want something with ugly/non passable mutants. Something with the Morlocks starring Leach and Marrow. Amy Acker though, so that's a plus. I'm not really sure she's ever been in anything that didn't turn out being at least kinda good.
>>
If it's a fraction of Legion's quality, it will be a good show. The subtle X-Men references will keep me watching each week.
>>
>>92394725

Her body is a fridge wtf
>>
>>92393796
Honestly the X-Men comics have been such crap lately, focusing on the same damn rosters of the O5 and 80s characters

I'm pretty damn excited for a series that's forcing itself to look beyond that Claremont wank and diving into its extended history and characters like Polaris, Blink and Thunderbird
>>
File: bryan_singer_1_p.jpg (420KB, 1047x1572px) Image search: [Google]
bryan_singer_1_p.jpg
420KB, 1047x1572px
APOLOGIZE
>>
>>92393796
>I guess you truly have become....THE GIFTED(TM)

Fucking seriously? this looks awful
>>
>>92395276
A fridge where I would like to keep my sperm, for later use in making babies.
>>
She's 16
>>
Looks like a shitty teen drama series.
>>
>>92394817
gave me "Wild Sentinel" vibes.
>>
>>92393923
>doubt.jpg
>look up the characters
>Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker: One of the series' central children, a "perfect" kid.
>Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker: One of the series' central children, a sensitive loner who keeps to himself.
>literally Struckers
>hold hands in the trailer

oh fugg we incest now
>>
File: Image5_Full.jpg (458KB, 1000x1481px) Image search: [Google]
Image5_Full.jpg
458KB, 1000x1481px
>>92393796
>Polaris isn't green
>tiny spider sentinels
Eh. It might be cool. But for the most part I'm hoping for things to get crazier in later seasons when they inevitably move away from Singer's decissions.
>>
>>92393796
This show would need a Shadow King-tier villain to be good, otherwise it looks like prettier and possibly better-written Mutant X.
>>
>>92396605

Yeah, the show definitely needs somebody beyond Corey Booker: Agent of the US government to be an antagonist.
>>
>>92396605
Who would they even use? Bastion?
>>
>>92396712
Bastion and the Prime Sentinels, the MLF, the Friends of Humanity, the Purifiers, Mastermold

There's a lot of X-men villains that the movies haven't touched and may never touch.
>>
>>92393796
Meh. Looks like another stilted melodrama featuring models with budget friendly superpowers running from government stooges. Pass.
>>
this looks like shit. a million powers to come up with and they pick more telekenetic bullshit. make this little bitch boy shoot laser beams or something. that's something an audience can actually understand as being dangerous
>>
As a bisexual ephebophile I'm hyped for this show. So many pretty faces!
>>
This literally looks like Heroes. Like down to the blonde girl who has a morally compromised government agent as a dad.

Why would I want MORE Heroes?
>>
So who is in this

Sunspot, polaris, blink, the apache guy i forget his name?

so is this the timeline in which DofP happens?

are the strucker kids donut steel or are they based on something
>>
>>92394137
It's the reason they're not shitty.
People like cross-over and seeing heroes interact but a unified universe isn't good in term of story.
>>
I like X-Men for the outlandish fantasy adventures, and cool costumes.

Shows and movies always tend to downplay those elements, either with the same tired plotlines, or by making stuff like this : normally dressed teens fighting the gov'ment

I aint interested in that shit.
>>
>>92393796
Looks generic

Also fuck Singer
>>
>>92398355
>Generic
You understand shit like Supergirl, Flash, Arrow are the epitome of generic capeshit

This looks way better might not be amazing but it will better than 80% of shows on
>>
>>92393796
It's Heroes all over again.
>>
>>92393796

I guess in a world with mutants, bullying would become a thing of the past. You never know if someone has latent abilities and will have a Carrie moment any minute now if you push too much.
>>
>>92396938
Bastion could still happen in the future. Nimrod-Sentinels are a thing, and with Cable entering the stage we can get casual time travel.
>>
I maybe a "die alone" autist type, but the Family Drama being the main plot is a big turn off for me
>>
>>92398603
>Any of that mattering
Bullies don't learn mate.
>>
>>92397571
The Strucker kids, as the name implies, are Baron Strucker's twin children. The ones that got swapped for Wanda and Pietro in Age of Ultron. Their mutant power is energy projection, but it only works if they touch each other's skin at the time. Their codename is Fenris and they're a little incestuous.
In the comics, the girl died at some point, so Andreas von Strucker skinned her corpse and turned the skin into leather for a sword grip, becoming the new Swordsman in the process. He then joined Norman Osborn's Thunderbolts because Norman had promised to clone his sister for him. Dunno if that promise was kept.
>>
>>92398613

>I maybe a "die alone" autist type, but the Family Drama being the main plot is a big turn off for me

Nah m8, it has nothing to do with that.

One of the nice things about the X-Men is that the birth parents take a backseat to the kids making their own little family groups with each other and the teachers. This is junking that completely for some Heroes/No Ordinary Family junk nonsense.

This looks like a super generic CBS show, it doesn't even have that slick Fox sheen that most of their shows have.
>>
Fuck, just make a New Mutants kinda show, teenagers interactions in a mansion, team rivalry, love, friendship, rocket-to-bus kind of teenage troubles...
>>
>>92398798
Can't do New Mutants, they're getting a movie.
>>
>>92396712
Big old 7ft tall motherfucker painted pink called Nimrod!
>>
>>92398682
Fucking comics man
>>
>>92398682
>In the comics, the girl died at some point, so Andreas von Strucker skinned her corpse and turned the skin into leather for a sword grip, becoming the new Swordsman in the process. He then joined Norman Osborn's Thunderbolts because Norman had promised to clone his sister for him.

Ah, comic books.
>>
>>92398798

They can't make a movie out of any of the characters you might care about since every goddamn X-Team has a prospective movie in the works. So by design, this can't have any of the things you want in an X-Men adaptation because those bits are in movie limbo.

Now this was fine in Legion because honestly it was pretty obvious that Hawley didn't give a shit about the X-Men and was more interested in using David to explore a very specific storyline that was never going to involve the greater X-universe. Gifted looks like it wants to tell an "X-Men" story without any of the characters you'd want to see in that and a budget that can't support the effects-heavy powers you want to see. It's gonna be Heroes all over again.
>>
>>92398882
Now that Patty Stewart wants to play Davids dad do you think we'll see Prof X show up? I think it'd be neat if he showed up being wheeled by Cyclops and we get a little arc about Cyke being jealous that Prof X's real son is around until they joint fuck shit up.
>>
>>92398826
>>92398882
well that sucks, at least the Runaway movie is actually in the works, right?
>>
>>92398991

Probably as a small cameo. Which would be pretty cool. Marsden back as Cyke would be baller, but he's probably too much tied up dying repeatedly in Westworld.
>>
>>92399006
It looks like low budget shit too though.
>>
>>92398991

>Now that Patty Stewart wants to play Davids dad do you think we'll see Prof X show up?

Possibly, I think Stewart would be game to show up for a quick cameo.

> I think it'd be neat if he showed up being wheeled by Cyclops and we get a little arc about Cyke being jealous that Prof X's real son is around until they joint fuck shit up.

I really don't think Hawley will add any other major mutants to the show at any point. Hawley has been pretty clear about the fact that he doesn't care about the comics and he only made it part of the X-universe because he could use David as a proxy for the story he wanted to tell about mental illness and super-powers.

>>92399006

>well that sucks, at least the Runaway movie is actually in the works, right?

TV show. The trailer dropped a couple weeks ago and /co/ lost its spaghetti because they made Molly brown.
>>
>>92393796
DC BTFO FOR LIKE THE BILLIONTH FR*CKING TIME
>>
>>92396938
> the MLF
Read that as the MILF
>>
>>92398603
You would think so, you really would. And yet they never do, a mutant kid could destroy a school with a tidal wave and bullies wouldn't think twice. Hell some might find out you're a mutant and START bullying you because you're a "freak"
>>
Looks good
>>
Looks half-assed like every single superhero TV show.
>>
Got hopes for it.
>>
>Get Anna Paquin's husband as a concerned politician father

Singer you mad man
>>
Eh, looks alright.

I'll give it a shot
>>
>>92398603
some bullies can be mutants too
>>
>>92397559
The dad in heroes didn't work for government.

>>92399039
Because it's a tv show not a movie

>>92399059
Think? He outright told Dan Stevens when they appeared on Corden that he was 100 percent in. And I doubt it'd have to just be for a cameo either(especially considering Beef Stew, as he likes to be called, still does television unlike McAvoy) and it'd be a waste to have him appear for literally a minute.

The only thing we need is for the writers to actually write him in.
>>
File: kek.jpg (127KB, 784x504px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
127KB, 784x504px
>>92403006
>Beef Stew
Thanks for reminding me about that.
>>
>>92393923
>>92396378
I think they belong to the Avengers rights because of the Strucker connection.

Without specific documents naming characters, FOX can't use just anything.
>>
>>92393796
Does this mean that Marvel can't use "Gifted" in their movies and TV shows anymore?

>>92398603
You're obviously not that familiar with Marvel, are you? Marvel civilians are suicidal nutjobs who attack walking, talking nuclear bombs for fun.
>>
>>92394999
They did ages ago, but it was called Heroes.
>>
Oh, look, another show where Singer will rape all boy stars. Golly gee.
>>
>>92393796
I'm really tired of superhero movies and TV shows, they get old faster than actual comics for some reason
>>
>>92397479
This is bait right?
>>
>>92393796
>just dropped
>>
>>92403657

This looks like what heroes should have been, embracing the abilities instead of playing hide and go seek with it.

I just hope we see sentinels.
>>
>>92401220

He's the best part about this show, Stephen is like the normal guy that wants to do awesome things and put it on screen just because.
>>
>>92394830

her face looks really fucking weird. bad job in casting department, she looks nothing like either of her supposed parents, at least boy looks like he could be stephens kid
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.