[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did you expect? The guardian has literally no way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_5073.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5073.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
What the fuck did you expect? The guardian has literally no way to defeat Aku, and it was made clear that all the portals were destroyed. I'm glad your shitty fanfic-tier rematch didn't come to fruition.

>but muh king jack prophecy!

and? There's still another episode to address it, and even if it isn't addressed, who the fuck cares? Prophecies don't mean shit if the time portal based around them is destroyed, do they?
>>
if aku hadn't reached the guardian and his portal back during the original series, there was no reason not to assume the guardian sat somewhere outside of aku's reach. as far as we know the guy was better than jack in every way and jack is the titular hero who's supposed to eventually defeat aku. sure, jack could have surpassed him, but the dude was essentially ageless according to what he told jack. that and the end of the episode had everyone assuming he'd at least be alive
>>
>>92376543
Jack's sword is a the only thing that can hurt and defeat Aku. The Guardian couldn't do anything to him even if he was worth 10 Jacks.
>>
The people that are upset are always the loudest.

I would've liked to see a flashback to the Guardian trying to fight off Aku instead of Jack's childhood flashback, but in the end there would be no doubt that Aku would defeat the Guardian.
>>
>>92376306
I was hoping there was something special about that portal and its guardian that allowed them to remain undetected from Aku.
>>
>>92376601
didn't the guardian have his own version of that sword?
>>
>>92376927
no, where did you get that idea from?
>>
>>92376927
>>92376960

He probably thought that because the Guardian says:

>Aw, you going all old school on me, huh? Well, l got me one of those.

When Jack pulls out his sword. He just meant he had a sword too, not that he had a sword that did the same stuff to Aku that Jack's sword does.
>>
File: 3944086-1775336626-akuvs.jpg (67KB, 957x448px) Image search: [Google]
3944086-1775336626-akuvs.jpg
67KB, 957x448px
>>92376601

>Jack's sword is a the only thing that can hurt and defeat Aku.

No it isn't.
>>
>>92376743
Same here, Jack didn't find him into quite a while into the journey, why didn't Aku attack before then if he knew about it?
Why leave it to chance and the guardian to stop him and once the guardian did show he could stop him why kill him then?
>>
>>92377112
Well yes, aside from the Gods
>>
>>92377112
Literally infused with the power of Gods you fucking autist
>>
>>92376743
that's the impression I got, given how hidden away it was, and how it had apparently existed for a very long time.
>>
>>92377132
50 years have passed
that's quite enough time to scout the areas that were beyond your grasp
>>
>>92377184

The sword is infused with the power of the human spirit, not the gods. They tell you that like three times in that episode and literally show it coming out of Jack-dad's chest when it was created, pay attention.
>>
>>92377240
>The Gods create the sword
>Twice
>No its not infused with God power because they pulled it out of a dude's chest
>>
>>92377405

>Only through the strength of the human spirit and the virtue of human righteousness can this evil be vanquished.
>This blade was forged from the righteous energy within thee.

>This sword was forged from the strength and power of the human spirit.

http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=samurai-jack&episode=s03e12

>Twice

They didn't create the sword twice. They pulled the material out of Jack's dad the first time to make it and then they gave that same sword back to Jack after he went on his tea meditation thing. You can tell this is the case because they didn't actually pull it out of Jack's chest and hammer it into a sword like they did with his dad, they just gave him the same sword he had from before.
>>
>>92377539
>This sword was forged from the strength and power of the human spirit.
>The gods literally magic laser the sword and use their magic hammers after magically pulling the material from Jack's dad
>No it's totally just human spirit
>>
>>92377588

The hammer you use to forge a sword isn't part of the material the sword is made of you idiot. Steaks aren't made out of knives either, why do I have to explain this to you?

>magically pulling the material from Jack's dad

Right, the material is human spirit. The fact the gods used their powers to pull it out of him doesn't make the sword "infused with the power of the gods." Tools used to prepare something aren't the same as the something being prepared. I honestly don't understand how you could even make that mistake except that you're either trolling or just trying really hard to rationalize a wrong position just for the sake of winning an argument.
>>
>>92377657
>The hammer you use to forge a sword isn't part of the material the sword is made of you idiot. Steaks aren't made out of knives either, why do I have to explain this to you?
What a horrible analogy for starters. You don't make steak with knives, you cook it. If I use a God magic infused pan to cook a steak that I'm shooting God magic eye lasers onto, then yes the steak is God energy infused
>>
>>92377657
Good to know that human spirit is a physical substance that is iron. The gods created that shit and told an ancient man what he could understand
>>
>>92377777
>>
>>92376306
>I'm glad your shitty fanfic-tier rematch didn't come to fruition.

Yeah, let's spend time with a shitty fanfic-tier relationship instead. Great job, Genndy!
>>
>>92377750

The sword isn't iron, it's solidified human spirit. Iron would get destroyed by Aku pretty quickly.

>>92377741

>You don't make steak with knives

You don't make a steak with either a knife or a pan. In both cases those are steps to preparing the material you get from the animal. And you don't even need an analogy, the fact is in sword forging the resulting sword isn't made out of the hammer you forge it with. If they needed it to be made out of god power they would've just made it out of god power, not sprinkled tiny bits of god residue on it by having hammers break apart a little bit while forging it from human spirit. Do you even understand how ridiculous your argument has gotten?
>>
>>92378021
>You don't make a steak with either a knife or a pan. In both cases those are steps to preparing the material you get from the animal
Steak is literally the cooked meat without cooking it it's just raw meat. Just like without God magic the human will is nothing
>>
>>92378021
Yes and usually human spirit does not solify. Godpower is creating it
>>
File: le meme.png (56KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
le meme.png
56KB, 491x585px
>Unironically using the term "fanfic-tier"
>Prophecies don't mean shit if the time portal around them is destroyed
>Being THIS reddit

Go to bed, OP
>>
>>92376306
Implying he wasn't King Jack already, then had his crown broken, his kingdom razed and thrown into a 20 year depression after he realized he couldn't get home and can't die.

Implying that the people he'd helped haven't just started treating and referring to him as a king and the vision the Guardian saw was just a metaphor
>>
I wanted Aku to corrupt the Guardian and for Jack to have to fight him again.
>>
>>92378092
>>92378250

The fact the gods were the means for creating it doesn't make the sword "infused with god power." The gods were necessary for creating it since Jack's dad couldn't pull human spirit out of himself and make a sword out of it, but that doesn't make the sword even 1% god power. It means the sword was made by the gods, and is made *out of* human spirit. It's 100% human spirit. The means for making something isn't the same as what material that thing is composed of.
>>
>>92378320
>Unironically using the term "fanfic-tier"
What's wrong with that term?
It's a good way to call out people's shitty opinions on how a show should go on.
>>
>Later, after episode 10

What the fuck did you expect? Jack has literally no way to defeat Aku, and it was made clear that Ashi would do it for him. I'm glad your shitty fanfic-tier rematch didn't come to fruition.

>but muh main character!

and? There's no need for another episode for Jack and Aku to fight, and even if it wasn't addressed, who the fuck cares? Getting back to the past and ridding the planet of all the xeno freaks Aku let invade doesn't mean shit if Jack has to give up some SIMP he met a few days ago, does it?
>>
>>92379112
you sir, are fucking delusional.
we literally only see jack's sword and fucking GODS being able to hurt aku

it doesn't even fucking matter what the sword is made of, it's the gods that forged it.

but yeah keep grasping at straws to try to make an argument m8
>>
File: Scotsman.png (321KB, 965x546px) Image search: [Google]
Scotsman.png
321KB, 965x546px
>22 minutes to resolve Ashi either becoming human again or sacrificing herself, Jack fighting Aku, the consequences of Aku's defeat in the present, Jack either returning to the past or staying in the present, and if Ashi survives, his romance with her
There's going to be no consequence to the Scotsman's return, huh? He'll show up for thirty seconds, wink, and disappear into Heaven via celtic magic.
>>
>>92376306
Shut up you autistic fucktard
>>
>>92377112
Those are literally gods so ofcourse they can hurt Aku
>>
>>92376306
BacktothePastfags and Guardianfags never give it up.
>>
>>92379321
This

10 episodes was too short.
>>
>>92379321
just watch, they won't defeat aku but the episode will end with them having a child. It will set up for a new series where jack's child/aku's grandchild goes on a quest to defeat aku.
>>
>>92376306
I just watched the guardian fight.
so the aku killed the guardian right?, I'm just want to be sure
>>
>>92379310

>it doesn't even fucking matter what the sword is made of

It matters because you claimed it was "infused with the power of the gods." And your claim is definitely wrong. It's unambiguously made out of human spirit, not infused with god power. They show you this with the animation, they tell you this in the dialogue.

>we literally only see jack's sword and fucking GODS being able to hurt aku

We don't know that the elementals were gods. And "god" doesn't even have an actual definition aside from "really powerful magic being." You could call almost anything that isn't a normal human, robot, or animal a god. Aku is harmed by solidified human spirit. Because the righteousness of humanity manifest in physical form burns him apparently. That's the actual story, not your fanfiction bullshit about the sword harming him with god magic. The fact those gods who created the sword were able to harm his prototypical form and can probably harm him doesn't make the sword composed of their essence or even powered by them. He can be harmed by both those gods and the physical manifestation of human righteousness. There's no rule he can only ever be harmed by one thing, and it's not even like all "gods" fall under the same category of thing in the first place. Huizilopochtli probably isn't identical in powers to Attis.
>>
>>92379603
implied but not confirmed. I wouldn't count on him being alive though.
>>
Unrelated question, but why was the entirety of ep 8 a metaphor for sex if they didn't actually bang?
>>
>>92380536
Because that's how metaphors work, You use seemingly unrelated actions to represent something that doesn't necessarily LITERALLY happen.
>>
>>92380536

Why not? There's no rule that says every time you use a metaphor you also need to have the thing that metaphor represents happen in a literal way afterwards.
>>
>>92376306
>ashi ded
>aku ded
>jack cant go back
>jack fullfilled his destiny of killing aku
>jack rulez dem lands till he dies
>>
File: wew.jpg (63KB, 615x461px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
63KB, 615x461px
>>92377112
Earth guardian is hot
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.