[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you keep 'em under your thumb they'll never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 52

File: goofymovie-09.jpg (23KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
goofymovie-09.jpg
23KB, 300x225px
if you keep 'em under your thumb
they'll never end up in the GUTTER
>>
Pete was a better dad than Goofy.
>>
>>92371147
They were both good dads, but flawed in their own way. Goofy was better at showing affection and loving his son, while Pete was better at discipline and keeping his son straight.
>>
>>92371198
>while Pete was better at discipline and keeping his son straight.
then why is his son so fucking fat?
>>
>>92371222
Because he can afford to feed his son more than food stamps and ebt unlike Goofy's broke widowed ass. That's probably why his wife died.
>>
>>92371198
>showing affection and loving
not a dads job
where's the hot mom?
>>
File: image.png (298KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
298KB, 960x640px
Check the map, Goof
>>
>>92371242
>showing affection and loving
>not a dads job

Anon it sounds like you might have been abused
>>
Petes son respects him.
Goofy's son abuses his love and takes advantage of him.

Pete is the better dad because he deals out tough love. Goofy is a cuck that's raising a school shooter.
>>
>>92371222
Genetics
>>
>Le authoritarian dad muh respect meme
Yawn.
Remember boys, your dad may be a complete asshole and a ex-criminal but as long as he's assertive he's based.
>>
>>92371352
was your dad a movie theater? because that's some god damn projection
>>
>>92371352
What do you expect? Half the civilized world still allow you to beat the shit out of your kid despite every study saying it's a terrible idea.
>>
>>92371361
You're the one projecting, bub. Tell us about your dad.

>>92371379
I'd like some meaning with those colors, thanks.
>>
>>92371394
I didn't just assume and apply a bunch of shit i pulled out of my ass to anything. I quoted a movie.
you are the one who started reaching into your asshole for shit to fling. you argue like a woman. kill yourself.
kill yourself. honestly, kill yourself. just do it, go end your life. kill yourself
>>
>>92371379
>Beating the shit out of
>Punishing your child

My dad gave me the belt exactly ONCE. When I was such a little shit like starting fires. It was the fear of the belt, and the fact that my dad wasn't this brutish ogre constantly that made me behave.

At the end of the day, you need to establish a pecking order with your child, You are the boss of them until they are older enough to boss themselves.
>>
>>92371394
Blue = Beating children is legal
Green = Beating children is not legal
>>
>>92371426
You say "ONCE" like you yourself realize what would've happened if he had done it multiple times
>>
>>92371442
All he needed to do was do it once. Every time I stepped out of line badly, My dad scolded me and asked me "Do I want the belt again"

I said no every time. Modern parents cannot instill discipline and it shows with their ADD addled retard children.
>>
>>92371463
Interesting. So have you ever threatened someone smaller and weaker than with violence?
>>
>>92371442
Not that anon, but I think he said once because as a child it took one time to learn that there are consequences to his actions.
>>92371426
>pecking order
This is what's important. You should want to have a great relationship with your kids, but if they see you like they see their classmates and respect and treat you as such, there's a problem.
>>
>>92371463
This to be completely honest.
>>
>>92371490
I've never had the need to, but when I do have children I will 100% use punishment as a form of discouragement for bad behaviour.

See; As a child I was hyper creative. Sit me in a corner, I'd start making stories in my head to pass the time, like reading a book I wrote myself. Things like "Time out" wouldn't work. I'd simply start imagining things, serve my time and then go off to be a little shit again.

The threat of punishment via belt was something I couldn't escape from. The second best effective punishment was making me watch my mum's shitty soaps.

My Dad was in no way Authoritarian, but he knew, like his dad before him, that You can still be a friendly happy dad, but you need to remind them, you're their Dad, not their friend
>>
>>92371410
Let's see.
1)Tons of insecurities, probably spanning from childhood. Mmmm... paternal abuse, maybe? And a bit of Stockholm Syndrome, yes. Need to reassure yourself your father wasn't a failure and that it didn't raise you as one. Very common mindset in the American midle class. Would explain why so vehemently aggressive about confronting other people about this topic.
2) Misoginy, negative prejudice towards women. If you need a general insult to target someone with, you'll associate them with stereotypically feminine negative traits. Probably you hate your mother, which makes completely sense given your apparently messed up family situation. Bet your father hit her and made you watch.
3) Complete lack of self criticism and awareness. You call someone else a woman for the way they argue, then you get completely emotional about it, drop any pretense of rationality and just start flinging "kill yourself" around. If that wasn't a woman-like negative trait for you, you wouldn't have made your previous statement.
4) Probable suicidal tendencies, given your obsession with the phrase "kill yourself".

Let's try to glue the pieces together, now.
Anon grew up in a troubled household, with an abusive father that beat him regularly or at the very least demeaned him constantly. However he still seems to retain respect for his father, probably as a coping mechanism that helps him reject the harshness of his situation. But where does all that pent up anger stemming from the abuse go? It fuels a (probably unwarranted) hate for his mother, who may or may not have been a victim of the father as well. This translated in a primal hate towards all female subjects (this leaves me to believe Anon doesn't have a female sibling) which in turn leads to an unhappy life, mostly spent in isolation on imageboards.

>>92371546
Do you have something to tell us, anon 2? Similar situation, perhaps?
>>
>>92371579
You should probably head back to tumblr with that Post-Modernist's idea of Psychology.
>>
>>92371579

I'm this guy >>92371566

Really hope this wasn't for me

>Anon grew up in a troubled household, with an abusive father that beat him regularly or at the very least demeaned him constantly. However he still seems to retain respect for his father, probably as a coping mechanism that helps him reject the harshness of his situation. But where does all that pent up anger stemming from the abuse go? It fuels a (probably unwarranted) hate for his mother, who may or may not have been a victim of the father as well. This translated in a primal hate towards all female subjects (this leaves me to believe Anon doesn't have a female sibling) which in turn leads to an unhappy life, mostly spent in isolation on imageboards.
>>
>>92371566
I knew it. See, the human brain isn't actually fully developed in children, so beating them doesn't do anything but make them associate authority with fear and violence. It's not any more likely to make a child stop doing something than a stern lecturing.

Studies show that this carries over, so that when you find yourself in a position of authority you will assume it gives you the right to mistreat other people.
>>
>>92371629
Waiting for you to raise an alternative model that makes more sense than mine.
Until then, your claims have as much substance as your dad's degree of success in raising you.

>>92371645
Of course it wasn't for you, I didn't reply to your post. Also your dad seems cool, specially with the soap opera punishment.
>>
>>92371656
But I didn't Associate authority with fear and Violence, My dad showed me, If I act out of line, I will be punished. He used one strong example of corporate punishment to drive this home, and it worked. I did not want the belt again.

Stern lectures however? They were useless, As a child, a lecture with no punishment meant nothing, it was hollow.

"Studies" show nothing and you're just another useless parent.
>>
Max turned out fine though.
>>
>>92371742
This loathsome approach to knowledge is not unexpected.
>>
>>92371676
Your entire Model rests on outdated Freudian shlock and "Muh soggy nees" when his argument clearly works off "Opposite of Man is Woman, so a bad man is a more womanly man"

You can't draw "He hates his father and mother" from this.
>>
>>92371783
So you're saying because I don't trust dubious, hard to measure studies, I hate knowledge?

So you instead of trying to refute me, resort to Ad Hom?
>>
>>92371800
Not an argument.
>>
>>92371817
Pretty much. You present no argument.
>>
>>92371815
>So you're saying because I don't trust dubious, hard to measure studies, I hate knowledge?

Yeah, pretty much. Considering you substitute this with biased, situational, easily disproved opinions.
>>
>>92371859
>Easily disproved Opinions.

How so, considering we can use the Evidence of modern children being constantly diagnosed with ADD and other Behavior problems because of a sheer lack of Discipline.

Children need a guideline to follow, coddling them has time and again proven to just make people spoilt and ill-mannered.

All your studies prove this.
>>
>>92371490
>>92371656
How would you prefer for people to handle a misbehaving child?
>>
>>92371815

Yes, if you would rather look to your own, deeply emotionally biased anecdotes of your own childhood than to more than four decades of psychological research that shows that corporeal punished negatively impacts everything from behavior to intelligence to academic performance and likelihood of a successful adult life then you absolutely do hate knowledge.

Not only does spanking negatively affect children in the long-run, it has also been shown to be ineffective even in short-term corrective effect on behavior compared to alternative methods of punishment such as removal of privileges.
>>
File: 3936458-3382467733-kyle6.jpg (286KB, 745x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3936458-3382467733-kyle6.jpg
286KB, 745x1024px
>>92371296
If PJ had any respect for Pete, he wouldn't hang out with Max and Goofy knowing Pete hates their guts.

>>92371352
Feh, I WISH my dad was more authoritarian. He spoiled me because he was so proud to have a son. In the end, I learned nothing from him growing up
>>
>>92371901
>psychological research that shows that corporeal punished negatively impacts everything from behavior to intelligence to academic performance and likelihood of a successful adult life

Asian Families are more likely to both use physical punishment AND succeed in Academics. So how does that work.
>>
>>92371927
all dem researches were done by liberal pussies
>>
>>92371917
Yeah, no muslims in Bulgaria. You've got a bit of a one-track mind, methinks.
>>
>as long as you know that four quarters adds up to a simoelon, you'll survive

truly based
>>
>>92371968
wow...
learned a lot...
so assertive...
so authoritarian...
he redpilled me so much...
just... wow...
>>
>>92371927
Are you saying asian work ethic is normal and healthy?
>>
Chidhood is idolizing Goofy
Adulthood is realizing that Pete makes more sense.
>>
>>92371901
Just gonna chime in here.

The "Four decades" of Psychological research has been fucking useless for those four decades.

I think I'll use this article as an example of why the process is rigged.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201309/research-spanking-it-s-bad-all-kids

The biggest points of stupidity is this.

>Spanking cannot be associated to the misbehavior

So they assume the parent is not TELLING the child they are being punish for their misbehavior.

And second

>It reduces trust for the child in the parent

Which assumes the Parent is ONLY using spanking as their way to discipline the child.

All this "fourty decades of research" has proven is Shit parents are shit parents regardless of discipline.

>>92372008
No more healthy than the crying manchildren the west has brought up.

Balance to Discipline is the key. Don't thrash your child for every misdeed, and don't just give a time out for every misdeed. Judge the actions accordingly.

Be a fucking parent.
>>
>>92372028
>No more healthy than the crying manchildren the west has brought up.

Infinitely more healthy actually. You don't know what you're talking about, your kids are going to grow up to be morons like their dad.
>>
>>92371783
What's the sample size and methodology of the the study? Who did they sample from? Did they actually look at things like grades, happiness, and sociability? How did they measure happiness if they did? Are there any religious or cultural groups heavily featured?

Because if the sample size is less than 10,000 and heavily featured only one cultural group it's most likely BS.
>>
>>92371049
He's not wrong. Your kid wont be a fuck up if you discipline them correctly. Giving a kid a hug and then proceeding to let them slam doors, drink booze, stay out late, and trash your house doesn't teach them to be better people.

Max only turns out decent in the end because this is a fictional Disney movie.
>>
>>92372039
>Some tumblrtard in his gender studies degree calls you a moron because you believe in actually Disciplining your children.

The fact that you actually think the Gynosentric Child Psychology model that has bred us the society of sage spaces and defencless children is good is hilarious.
>>
>>92372026
100% this
>>
>>92372099
>>92372120
You seem to be referring to a single study.

It's all of them. All of the studies. These are the single most unanimous results since global warming, and much like global warming retards dismiss it because the human brain shuts down when faced with the prospect that they're unintentionally doing something wrong.

Are you aware of the fact that you're a retard?
>>
>>92371222
Plenty of food to eat.
>>
>>92371379
>Europe
>civilized world
>>
Spanking causes lowered IQs:
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10926770903035168

Spanking causes anti-social behavior:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8885984

Spanking linked to mental illness:
https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/pages/Spanking-Linked-to-Mental-Illness.aspx
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2012/06/27/peds.2011-2947

Spanking linked to broad suite of negative developmental effects, Meta-study of 80 studies on the effects of corporeal punishment:
http://www.cmaj.ca/content/early/2012/02/06/cmaj.101314.citation

But I'm sure it's just the evil LIBRULS conspiring to make American men pussies so the Mudslimes can take over, ammirite?
>>
File: 1491316967919.gif (35KB, 573x589px) Image search: [Google]
1491316967919.gif
35KB, 573x589px
>>92372335
Delete this!!!
>>
>>92372335
Not that I like spanking but these papers have flawed methodologies. They don't distinguish between spanking and more severe forms of physical punishment.
>>
this isn't as much fun as the last goofy movie based parenting thread
>>
>>92372214
go back to Saudi Arabia
>>
>>92372335
You do realize that the liberals basically control western universities, right?
Nothing they say can be ever believed
>>
>>92372008
YES!
>>
>>92372400
If the evil libruhls told you not to throw yourself in a well, would you do it?
>>
>>92372400
>FUCK SCIENCE amirite guys?
>Oh wait I'm writing this on a computer so basically I'm retarded or something?
>>
>>92372373

Corporeal punishment is defined the exact same way in all these studies

"an act carried out with the intention of causing a child to experience physical pain, but not injury, for purposes of correction or control”

If an act causes, is likely to cause or is intended to cause actual injury then it isn't counted as corporeal punishment by any of these studies.

Many of these studies do conclude that parents that use corporeal punishment are more likely to also use more severe violence against their children, but that isn't what these studies are studying.

I'd also like to congratulate you on managing to read 5 separate research papers and evaluating their methodology in 2½ minutes.

>>92372400

And we've gone down the Alex Jones-style anti-science conspiracy hole where you can believe literally anything because anyone who might correct you is controlled by the Je- I mean the Liberals.
>>
>this thread again
who knew /co/ had so many daddy issues
>>
>>92372446
Walt Disney invented the medium so kids could get their mind of dads beating them, like his dad beat him.
>>
>>92372039
And your children will become the sex slaves of the muslim conquerors
>>
File: 1494171920200.jpg (237KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1494171920200.jpg
237KB, 1280x853px
>not just sending them to military school and making them get a job at 14

/co/mblr really is the feelz before realz board.
>>
File: 0.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>92372468
I see getting punched didn't cure your rudeness either.

What other vices do you have to show us?
>>
File: 1482249459262.gif (4MB, 292x213px) Image search: [Google]
1482249459262.gif
4MB, 292x213px
>>92372335
It's both. t. steban bolynew
>>
>>92371296
PJ doesn't respect Pete, he fears him.

The entire point of the movie is Max learning to respect his goof of a dad and Pete and PJ are obviously used to show the wrong way to go about it.
>>
>>92372480
the world would be a much better place if parents just did this

working for your country and killing for your country. The only reasons to live for.
All else is weakness and degeneracy.
>>
>>92371198
>Keeping his son straight
I've seen far too much PetexPJ to agree with this.
>>
>>92372409
Suicide rates would beg to differ.

https://qz.com/150027/suicide-rates-are-falling-almost-everywhere-in-the-developed-world-but-south-korea/

https://www.journals.uio.no/index.php/suicidologi/article/download/2330/2193
>>
>>92371296

Did you even watch the fucking movie to the end?
>>
>>92372507
fear and respect are the same thing
>>
>>92372531
>t. the_donald cuck
>>
>>92371379
>Half the civilized world
Your map only shows Europe. Six out of seven people live outside that continent. Do you consider all the other continents "uncivilized world", or why don't their beliefs matter to you?
>>
>>92372521
Survival of the fittest

this is how you purge the worthless to create a better humanity
>>
>>92372531

No?

Someone that fears you will take the first available opportunity to either escape from under your thumb or get rid of you entirely.
>>
>>92372547
>6 out of 7 people
>implying each continent has the same amount of people
>implying Antarctica has a billion people

Are you stoogin'?
>>
>>92372544
>liberal pussy detected
>>
>>92372440
>"Psychology"
>""""Science"""""

I'm sorry but psychologists are not scientists. They have at best a tenuous grasp on statistics and most didn't even have to pass calc 2.
>>
>>92372547
Everyone apes after europe though, so it's fair
>>
>>92372547
the only place left is the USA, and we know that one
>>
>>92372572
Wait, licking boots makes you a TRUE PATRIOT but saying that fear doesn't breed respect makes me a pussy?
>>
>>92372386
It always happens whenever /co/ has something good, someone else has to try their darnedest to insert some strong-feeling argument for no other purpose but just to feel like the smartest person in the room no matter what. /co/ isn't allowed to have nice things.
>>
>>92372429
>>I have good reason to believe these people are biased and therefore don't trust their studies on human behavior a reliable source
>DUDE YOUR COMPTUDER IS SCIENCE TO EXPLAIN THAT

So I guess you were spanked a lot as a child, then?
>>
>>92372558
that only means they don't fear you enough
>>
>>92372531
Someone who fears you will take the first opportunity to betray you. They have absolutely 0 loyalty. Someone who truly respects you will voluntarily go against their best interest for you.
>>
>>92372605

>>I have good reason to believe these people are biased

fucking lmao
>>
>>92372605
>Biased

getting some serious retard vibes here
>>
>>92372605
>biased
Reality has a liberal bias, so you should have reason to believe they're right.
>>
>>92372440
>"an act carried out with the intention of causing a child to experience physical pain, but not injury, for purposes of correction or control”
Which includes but is not identical with spa king, as you implied in the post I responded to. So, no, you're wrong.

I'd also like to congratulate you on managing to read 5 separate research papers and evaluating their methodology in 2½ minutes.

Look, retard, I'm not going to read the whole paper when I can see that the abstract alone contradicts your post. This indicates that you a) didn't read even the abstract or b) are just intellectually dishonest.

Fuck, I doubt you even have a degree beyond a bachelor's.
>>
>>92372592
What fear of death have we who know there is immortality in the great and noble deeds of men?
>>
>>92372605

You have done or said anything to show that your reasons for distrusting these studies is anything more valid than you having been told to by the angels after a particularly vigorous paint-huffing session.
>>
>>92372335
Well, only if you beat the shit out of them every god damn day.

Dad never hit me, but he should have. I turned out to be really undisciplined and irresponsible when i was a teen.
>>
>>92372644
are you one of those fagots that believes there is an infinity of genders?
cause in that case you know shit about reality
>>
>>92372551
>Survival of the fittest
This isn't natural selection this is selective selection, it's not the "strong" or most adapt that survive it's the lucky ones that manage to find help before they got caught up in despair.

[Spoiler]On a side note this thread deteriorated real fucking quickly[/Spoiler]
>>
>>92372611
Fear ensures loyalty.
>>
>>92372644
>dude religion lmao
Not an argument.
>>
>>92372688

>only if you beat the shit out of them every god damn day.

'No'

Even small amounts of corporeal punishment have been linked to statistically significant increases in anti-social behavior.
>>
>>92372732
To your enemy more than you.
>>
>>92372736

>Using Stefan Molyneux maymays
>When half the anti-spanking talking points in this thread are straight out of his videos on the topic

Really activated my almonds
>>
>>92372644
>reality has a liberal bias

And math and history has a conservative bias.
>>
>>92372725
luck does not exist
>>
>>92372732

Fear ensures compliance in the immediate moment.

It absolutely does not ensure loyalty.
>>
>>92372764
>history
>conservative bias

What?

Conservatives actively whitewash their own history to appear better. Check any southern textbook on the Civil War.
>>
>>92371049
Well, he's not wrong. The nuthouse isn't the gutter.

If PJ hadn't gotten out from under his thumb in the sequel, he probably would have snapped and killed Pete in his sleep or something.
>>
File: 28-lawrence.png (508KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
28-lawrence.png
508KB, 768x576px
>>92372812
It was never a question of if, only when
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (47KB, 1159x736px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
47KB, 1159x736px
>The spanking debate is about America and it's retarded Left-Right political divide

No, fucking kill yourselves every one of you.

Pic related, noted commie-lefty pussy who really Trump and conservatives
>>
>>92371222
Stress eating.
>>
File: 1372389708258.jpg (12KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1372389708258.jpg
12KB, 400x300px
>>92371049
>It's a /co/ talks about proper parenting episode.
>Most of the anons will agree that corporal punishment, forcing them all to be EPIC MANLY MEN at all times and throwing them on the street the minute they turn 18 is the best way to raise kids.
>A handful will fondly regale on memories of their parents beating them or locking them in the basement every other day, regarding their mother and father in a sycophantic manner as proud figures of a previous and superior generation.
>Posts going on about how belting or punching your sons will make them big, bacon-eating, barrel-chested lumberjacks with epic beards and doing it to daughters will make them perfect, conservatively dressed girls who get get married at 16, love their virginity on their wedding night and have 10 kids by age 21, cooking and cleaning 24/7 and going to church every Sunday.

So, is asshole parenting an Alt-Right thing, or do we really have future child-beaters on this website?
>>
File: 1492846781040.jpg (28KB, 279x283px) Image search: [Google]
1492846781040.jpg
28KB, 279x283px
>>92372766
luck, coincidence, faith, destiny, my dude debating semantics never solves anything. My point still stands
>>
File: 1456943922121.png (461KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
1456943922121.png
461KB, 870x722px
>>92372888
>It's an anon is desperate for (You)'s episode

Here, don't spend it all in one place.
>>
>>92372888
Just face it, the Internet is evil. You need to a strong disposition to be here and come out unscathed.
>>
>>92372888
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST LEONARD
>>
File: 1357304040040.jpg (83KB, 338x311px) Image search: [Google]
1357304040040.jpg
83KB, 338x311px
>>92372991
>>
>>92372888
Seriously, what the fuck is up with this?
>>
File: 1372795744118.gif (2MB, 320x454px) Image search: [Google]
1372795744118.gif
2MB, 320x454px
>>92372924
>Moe hentai reaction image.

HOLY SHIT, bro! You'd better get rid of that, or else your awesome epic bearded dad will have to put down his steak and beer, hop in his pickup truck, drive down to the you built with your bare hands and crack you open like he cracked open that bear!

Remember to thank him for the beating, so he knows what a big man you are!
>>
File: 1435457263437.png (64KB, 196x184px) Image search: [Google]
1435457263437.png
64KB, 196x184px
>/co/ had a nice A Goofy Movie/Father's thread not too long ago
>Today it's gone to complete shit
>It just so happens to be Mother's Day

Hmmm.
>>
File: 134354757678587587.jpg (4KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
134354757678587587.jpg
4KB, 128x128px
>>92371426
>Being such a cuck that you can't discipline your child without using physical force
>>
File: 144364675868767.jpg (21KB, 450x301px) Image search: [Google]
144364675868767.jpg
21KB, 450x301px
>>92371742
>"Studies" show nothing
>Americans actually believe this
>>
>>92373239
*to the cabin you built with your bare hands

>>92373204
>>92372929
I don't get it, myself. Look, I get not wanting your kids to be NEETs or trust fund brats, but

I tend a bit of a no-fun strict guy when it comes to dealing with kids (babysitting baby brother and working in a summer camp), though I try to be fun, too. But, goddamn, I'd never hit my own kid. Worst I'd do is take away their video games or give them a hardcore grounding.

If my child was somehow Peter Wiggin or Megan from "Drake and Josh," I'd send them to boot camp or give them some extremely emasculating punishment or chores.
>>
File: 821.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
821.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>my dad was the "nice" one of the 2 parents
>it was my mom who dished out the punishment and caning when we acted out of line
>>
>>92371352

No

Me and my dad have opposing opinions on a lot of stuff

But I still respect him, he's my dad and I'm still living in his house
He also respects me as an adult so I have to still respect him
>>
>>92371894
>ADD and other Behavior problems
Add is not a Behavior problem. it's a mental illness. you can't be diagnosed with a mental illness because of how your raised you.
>>
>>92371895
You teach them why they shouldn't do they do it. the same way you teach about any other concept. if you only teach them to fear the repercussions of their actions they'll just do it as soon as their out of your sight.
>>
>>92373422
>NEETs or trust fund brats, but goddamn.

I can't write no good too day, lol.

Also, if my kid was Megan-tier, It would be boot camp a super emasculating punishment. There was a mom who found out her daughter was a bully and forced her to donate all her nice clothes and get shitty ones at a thrift shop, thought that was pretty good.

If my kid was Peter Wiggin or some shit, I don't know how they would end up like that, or what I would do if my child was straight-up irredeemable. but I'd make them go one scared straight every weekend, make sure they know to either shape up or it's a jailbird life for them. Full tough love, no video games or anything good, either. Make sure the local authorities keep a file on them so the kid can't just act nice in public.
>>
File: 1442950148761.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1442950148761.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>92372028
>Literally working yourself to death is more healthy than men freely expressing their emotions
>>
>>92371913
>Pete hates their guts
Since when? Goofy might get on his nerves now and then but they seem like good friends
>>
File: 1462984535347.jpg (86KB, 493x671px) Image search: [Google]
1462984535347.jpg
86KB, 493x671px
>>92373422
>I'd send them to boot camp
You'd send them off for someone else to take care of them? Won't you fear that they might see more of a parent figure in the Insturctor than you?

>or give them some extremely emasculating punishment
Much like the various questionable studies in this thread won't this also have some kind of negative effect on the child?

>>92373536
You sure seem keen on relating kids to fictional characters and sending them away if you feel they might be too much to handle as a parent, are you sure the parent life is for you?
>>
>>92373618
What do you suggest other than the belt?
>>
>>92373646
For it to be not just "the belt" or simply a physical punishment for the sake of it being a physical punishment, or in your case, sending them off or emasculating for the sake of. Talk to them, punishment is used to correct disobedience and what better way to get that through them than an explanation after the punishment?
>>
>>92371222
Pete probably subscribes to the notion of "if you got it use it".

Plenty of anons here go off on how his fat is his sign of power. Pete any ain't no Goof he knows one day he'll go down and it won't be pretty so it might as well be his own son sculpted in his own image to take the reigns.
>>
File: 1494291108387.jpg (1MB, 1631x1373px) Image search: [Google]
1494291108387.jpg
1MB, 1631x1373px
>>92373465
>you can't be diagnosed with a mental illness because of how your raised you.
>>
Hate to stray off topic here, but have you ever seen a more perfect bara kitty booty in your life?

Didn't think so.
>>
>>92373517
Kids are like dogs. They don't understand words. You have to punish them to discourage bad behaviour. At the same time you can't only punish bad behaviour, you also have to reward good behaviour.
>>
>>92372831

>It was never a question of if, only when
>not just a matter of time

ya blew it
>>
>everyone talking about how being beat as a child made them into better people
>yet here they are, on 4chan
>>
>>92371242
>>92371264
Dad's show their love and affection through teaching their sons how to take care of themselves and having pride in them unless the son does something way out of left field
Goofy's a great dad
>>
>>92375230
Don't shatter their illusions.
>>
>>92371222
probably because he ate the same food as his fat dad
still he was a good kid
>>
>>92371049
Pete is one of my favorite Disney antagonists, because he fits so god damn well in almost any role. Pirate, businessman, land owner, Death, evil royal guard, asshole neighbor, you name it. Yet the Pete character is always intact every time.

For Goofy, he made for a great counterpoint to Goofy's over-obsessive affection towards his son, but his apathy towards his son wasn't exactly the ideal parenting.
>>
>>92374758
You can't. It's an illnesses. You can have one from serious trauma, but that's not even close to same thing.
>>
>>92371352
>Yawn.
*raises paws*
what are you doing to your dads ashole Owo?
>>
>>92375078
"Kids" is not specific enough. If you mean a 2-10 year old you're mostly right, anything older than that and you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>92372335
do we ever see pete spank anyone in the movie?
>>
>>92371222
Pete was force feeding his son to keep him fat and helpless, letting Pete control him more effectively.
>>
>>92372611
>implying Max and Goofy had a mutual loyalty
Fuck outta here. Goofy was like a slave for Max. Someone to use and abuse.
>>
>>92372426
wow, did your head just inflate to fill 3/4ths of the panel?
>>92372429
>fuck science when its something i dont like
>free speech for some
>we are all equals but some are more equals than others
>im not a stalinist no sir
>>92372440
so we protests science when it says gays can be cured or when it cant prove man made global warming but as soon as someone questions the principles we worked so hard manipulating, controling funds and threatening people to get then its just some bible belt inbred retard right?
>>
>>92372888
>It's a /co/ talks about proper parenting episode.
>half of co will never get to be a father
>the other half doesnt even want to
>>
>>92372888
>being your kids cuck and not a real parent
Enjoy paying for your (wifes) son until he's 30.
>>
>>92372764
If that were true, then why do conservatives lie or are incorrect so damn much on matters of history?
>>
>>92371049
>>92371246
Why did Pete have it out for Max?
>>
>>92375545
>why do conservatives lie or are incorrect so damn much on matters of history?
probably because you have rewritten history so many times we are not even sre what really happenned anymore
>>
>>92375514
if we had good parenting then no one in this thread would be here.
>>
>>92375370
Anything older than that is usually referred to as a preteen or teenager.
>>
>>92375576
Max was a little shit, and Pete could tell. Even though Pete obviously looks down on Goofy, he cares enough about him that he visually shows disdain when Max is disrespectful towards Goof. On top of that, Max was very opposite to PJ, and PJ represents Pete's best efforts as a father.
>>
>>92375610
bad parenting has proven to be superior
>niggers and spics have children, they beat their children, the kids grow up and make more children
>whites have children, they write books about parenting, some try everything, others try nothing, doesnt matter, white people grow up and decide its better not to reproduce at all
>>
>>92375576
Max was a trouble-maker and a bad influence on PJ
>>
>>92371426
Man, my father only gave me a spanking once when I was in elementary school, my mother, several times after they got divorced and I went to live with her. I was never afraid of the belt. I remember one time, she was spanking me and wearing herself out and I was like "are you done yet?". No crying, no begging for mercy, no 'no stoooop I'll do better!', none of that. She never spanked me again.

Getting spanked doesn't even hurt. The part that hurts is that your parents are angry and trying to hurt you.

If beating your kids was such a surefire way to set kids straight, then violent criminals in prison would have never had parents that spanked them. But we all know that the overwhelming majority did.
>>
File: tumblr_maketblhOy1ra6mo9o3_250.png (120KB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maketblhOy1ra6mo9o3_250.png
120KB, 245x280px
>>92373773
This, basically. As someone who got the belt a lot as a kid, parents are liable to do it for the wrong reasons, or when they're too pissed off to see straight. The whole "justice vs vengeance" motif applies on the domestic level too
>>
>>92375689
i like how different the reactions are
petes reaction to hearing max changing the map is HA i caught the little shit
goofy felt completely betrayed

for all the talk about pete beating his kid, wich doesnt happen, if pete ever found pj doing that to him his reaction wouldnt be half as negative as goofys, i mean for fucks sake goofy forces max to lie to his face threatening to destroy the car on a highway thats dangerous as fuck, goofy was being an awful dad there

If it happenned to pete pj would have gotten a good yelling, would have had to clean the entire rv for a month and pete would just tell pj im always a step ahead son, try that shit again and see what happens

you can tell what pete does, thats structure, when it comes to goofy you have no idea how he is going to react to shit, sure goofy is fun but is also a nightmare, max would be the kind of kid to hide a big screw up just because he doesnt know how it would affect his dad while pj would be scared as fuck but he would come to pete
>>
these aren't vices, these are distractions
and sticks and stones may break my bones
but you'll have to live with who you are forever.
>>
>>92375230
For a different point of view, I was almost never beaten as a child, but consider it a good idea that should have happened, since I wound up on 4chan.
>>
>>92375672
No, their kids grow up and purposely have loads of unprotected sex, leaving the world with many bastard children who have shitty lives and turn to crime.
>>
>>92372547
Given that vast majority of those people live in abject squalor, posses blatantly barbaric cultures and live in de-facto tyrannies, my answer would be yes.

Western world, plus countries like Japan etc, are only civilized regions of the planet.
Africa is basically a barbarian wasteland.
>>
File: Commissar_closeup.jpg (269KB, 1210x801px) Image search: [Google]
Commissar_closeup.jpg
269KB, 1210x801px
>>92372732
GLORY TO THE FIRST MAN TO DIE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sgimfISzPs
>>
>>92372440
It's "CORPORAL punishment". You look like you don't know what the fuck you're talking about when you consistently misspell the subject.
>>
>>92376041
Africa has a few modern cities.
>>
>>92376131
All built by westerners and quickly falling into utter disrepair.

People of European descent are basically the only thing keeping african infrastructure in any working shape.
Look at what happened to Rhodesia or as it is now know, Zimbawe, after they forced the whites out of the farms.
The nation turned into a starving shithole when it used to be the breadbasket of Africa.
>>
File: 965839-pj32.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
965839-pj32.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
I don't think either of them were wrong, really. If PJ and Max's hijacking of the assembly at the start of A Goofy Movie is any indication, Pete's right to be strict, because that sort of stunt could well have been grounds for expulsion. And even so, it's not like he was a TOTAL hardass- he still brought PJ along on a camping trip in a big luxurious RV and bought him the Powerline concert pay-per-view (I'm assuming he paid for this for PJ because I can't see Pete being much of a fan, though I guess it's possible).

In the next movie, when the kids go away to college, PJ reveals himself to be one of those artsy, sensitive types, probably as a result of Pete being so hard on him all his life. It ultimately lets him bag a chick who's WAY out of his league. As far as I'm concerned, Pete did okay by his son.
>>
>>92372547
>>92376176
Sound like you never left your home.
>>
>>92376207
>lol you can't be aware of the state of the world if you haven't traveled to every last stretch of it.
>>
>>92376221
Well, it kinda is. I'm pretty sure you only browse extremely biased sources and you don't actually have any experience of your own.
>>
>>92372512

Goddamn it, I could really use some butt worship between the two right now
>>
File: Jesus vs. Jeezus.jpg (402KB, 567x800px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus vs. Jeezus.jpg
402KB, 567x800px
>>92375592
I haven't rewritten shit. But here, check it out.

>The confederates unilaterally decided that they were now independent from the union (which isn't constitutional) and created the confederacy while citing slavery as a major reason in their declarations and making it unconstitutional in their constitution to EVER outlaw or abolish slavery while calling themselves the slave states and then attacking a Union Fort.
>Conservatives today: The civil war wasn't about slavery! It was economics (when the south economy was mostly based on slave labor)! The war of NORTHERN AGGRESSION!

>Christopher Columbus never landed in the us, was a slaver and directly contributed to the grisly destruction and enslavement of the natives in hispanola, fucking bragged about it and was even arrested because he was such a monster... oh, and everyone knew the world wasn't flat.
>Conservatives today: Columbus was an explorer that bravely set sail to prove that the world was round and happened to discover America! Let's make a holiday celebrating this man that's totally NOT a genocidal monster!

>Jesus Christ taught of feeding the poor, taught that it is easier for a camel to walk through an eye if a needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven and taught that death holds no power over a true believer as life is insignificant in comparison to the afterlife. The Bible teaches that people that are not perfect will call out to Jesus in the day of judgement and be cast into hell with the others.
>Conservatives today: Christian values!!! Fuck the poor! Thank god I'm uber wealthy! Money money money!! Oh, I'm about to die? Well god graced me with money to get great medical care so that I won't die! I'm sure my money will buy me a space in heaven! Let me just pay lip-service to Gooooooood because he's a total dumbass that has no way of knowing what's in my heart!
>>
>>92376271
That is called an assumption based on your own biases.
>>
>>92376176
Didn't European colonists basically just have the Africans build all that infrastructure without teaching them anything about any of it because teaching Africans anything wasn't a colonial concern?

Didn't it take Europe hundreds of years to get its act together after the Roman Empire fell?
>>
>>92371379
Disciplining your child and abusing your child are not the same thing. A couple open-handed swats to the butt to impress upon your child that they did something wrong and shouldn't do it again is not the same as beating your child until their black and blue for some vague slight or sass.
>>
>>92376567
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFwHQYDqf6c
>>
>>92376920
Really depended on the colony in question.
Brits for example, did put effort in educating the people in their colonies, but obviously Europeans still formed the elite.

Also, decolonization was rushed as fuck, as the former colonial masters were practically forced to leave without preparing the natives to the responsibilities of running those nations.
>>
>>92376956
>the obvious schism between abolitionists and anti-abolitionists (slavery)
>economic factors both domestic and international (slavery)

You're just proving his point, anon.
>>
File: 1455556710800.png (573KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455556710800.png
573KB, 704x480px
I forget the children who were given an award for participating in sports and were talked to rather than being beaten are now adults. You faggots got peanut butter banned and made jungle gyms safe to play on.
>>
>>92377363
>tfw little cousin nearly got suspended for eating a PB&J at lunch
This needs to stop.
>>
>>92377363
>award for participating in sports

I don't know why you act like this is the kids' fault, it's not like they asked for it. If anything, you should blame the boomer generation for that one, it's soccer moms and those types that demanded everyone get an award just for playing. The whole situation's their fault.
>>
>>92377570
My post is saying that. Their pissant parents did all that shit and they were conditioned to like it. Fast forward to today, they're now adults who are likely to repeat the process, only now it's safe spaces and gender pronouns.
>>
>>92376920
Depends on the colony. Britain, at least, tried to teach em because smarter workers are better workers. They were just forced out so fast that they couldn't undo the native tendencies that are still present.
>>
>>92376567
>It was economics
No, it was state's rights. The north was blatantly disrespecting the rights which the southern states had. Saying that it was purely about slavery is as wrong as saying slavery had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>92377249
>economic factors = slavery
>ignoring taxation, tariffs, economic exploitation by Northern industrialists, etc
>>
>>92372888
What's wrong with beating your children? They're YOURS, you can do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
File: 1488726982116.jpg (32KB, 579x566px) Image search: [Google]
1488726982116.jpg
32KB, 579x566px
>>92378014
>
>>
>>92371894
>Majority of kids with ADD in the past got either sent away or drugged up to the point of literally being walking shells.
>People realized that's kinda fucked and stopped, mostly
>>
>>92371927
>Working to death out of fear of failure is healthy
>>
>>92371579
>being a swivel chair psychologist
>trying to give a shitty breakdown of someones entire life after reading twenty words
>still being wrong on every single point you've come up with this entire time
You are just one giant fuck up.
>>
>>92378143
Did I touch the wrong button, anon?
Tell us more about yourself, please.
>>
>>92371800
and no, women don't actually argue with facts or logic, they argue with emotions and bullshit that doesn't matter, which is why you see these faggot guys being ladies in arguments trying to make points that aren't against the subject, they're trying to argue that the person they're against is somehow bad, attacking them, rather than having a point. women do that.
>>
>>92378168
That's the thing, you didn't "touch a button", you were completely off the mark on every single thing. You're a gigantic piece of shit.
>>
>>92378294
>still thinking you're so clever and intelligent and above it all
I thought 4chan was 18+
>>
>>92378294
I pity you.
>>
>>92372547
>Your map only shows Europe.
Exactly
>>
>>92376420
Markwulfgar's comic.

Also I always thought this pic was more endearing than lewd. If Pete's authoritarianism accompanied moments like these maybe he wasn't so shit after all.
>>
>>92371379
That map doesn't exactly help your case.
>>
File: 31285712352.gif (2MB, 369x235px) Image search: [Google]
31285712352.gif
2MB, 369x235px
>/co/ talks about Pete's style of parenting vs Goofy's style of parenting
>Devolves into shitposting about "muh child abuse", arguments over spanking, and deciding which one is better than the other
>Not realizing both styles are horribly flawed and you should try to employ the positives of both while avoiding the negatives to be a decent father

Stay classy, /co/mblr fags.
>>
>>92379044
The goal of a father is to make you into the best man you can be.
>>
>>92377617
Listen, I don't know how old you are, but ask anyone who got a participation trophy, and they'll tell you that they are, at best, embarrassed by it, but more likely they resent it.

There's a reason last place doesn't get a trophy. Hell, there's a reason some people hate getting a third place trophy and would have preferred to rank lower. It's a reminder of failure that disincentives effort and attempts at bettering yourself.

Easily acquired extrinsic motivation can temporarily bolster interest in continuing with a difficult task, but flooding someone with "badges" or "trophies" devalues the object of desire and typically kills any real effort towards intrinsic motivation.
>>
File: 1469734307273.png (229KB, 525x385px) Image search: [Google]
1469734307273.png
229KB, 525x385px
>there are people who still advocate beating their child even thought its proven that it has negative effects
>>
My dad is distant and hard to talk to, but this thread has shown me to at least be grateful he taught me how to do some home & car maintenance.

>>92372571
Europe actually has around a billion people though, when you also consider Russia.
>>
>>92379386
I reiterate: Conditioning.
The kids who didn't like to go to church who became churchgoers are the same.
>>
>>92379523
not getting beaten results in becoming a liberal cuck
a fate worse than death
>>
>>92372893
those are just excuses for weakness
>>
>>92372781
>whitewash
>used unironically
kill yourself
>>
>>92379925
Honestly, I think kids forced to go to church, at least in my experience, tend to act the most against church since they weren't exposed to it naturally. They resent the time they were dragged out of bed after a week of school to go sit on their knees with a room full of old people smell to listen to a guy say the same thing over and over.
>>
>>92372888
The alternative is Shariah law
>>
>>92373422
>I get not wanting your kids to be NEETs or trust fund brats
Which is EXACTLY what they will become if you don't beat them to an inch of their life on a daily basis
>>
>>92373352
that is the only kind of discipline that exists besides the death penalty
>>
>>92373572
it is what God intended
>>
>>92373618
>Won't you fear that they might see more of a parent figure in the Insturctor than you?
If the instructor does a better job, than so be it
>>
>>92378117
only the week die
the strong live to pass on their genes

as nature intended
>>
>>92375814
This. My father hit me multiple times and I never respected him and constantly talked back to him. My mother laid hands on me exactly once, realized it wouldn't work, and never did it again. The idea of disappointing her still scares the shit out of me.

If you have to strike your kid to discipline them, you suck and aren't truly respected. Instead of wanting to be better and not wanting to disappoint you, your kid just practices avoidance tactics.
>>
>>92381087
maybe if both parents beat you as God intended, you wouldn't be this much of a sub-human failure
>>
>>92373352
Misusing the word cuck. A cuck won't discipline their child, they will constantly make up excuses from them and they will end up raising a rotten to the core piece of shit.
>>
>>92376567
did this all happen around 1984?
why should i belive a liar when he tells me someone else has been feeding me lies?
you see th problem here dont you?
>history has always been written by the big and powerful to make themselves seem righteous
-the big and powerful
its like when someone asks me to link a news article proving that news wrtiters are all corrupy, its a fallacy, if i cant belive what i learned i have less of a reason to belive what you tell me was taught to me wrong, history isnt sience (sience is another can of worms) but its completely factual as in we can say hisory happenned and thats a 100% absolute
>>
>>92381143
Yeah keep trying to justify your parents being weak shits who resorted to instilling fear instead of real respect.
>>
>>92376005
bastard children is better than no children
child abuse wins again
if we create a world were the only logical solution is suicide is it then moral to let people reach that conclussion?
>>
>>92381282
>bastard children is better than no children
>child abuse wins again
THIS
>>
>>92371379
>every study
Psychology is not science. The sooner people accept that the quicker we'll be able to create something that actually fixes real problems and actually works and not just in a "kinda sometimes maybe in my biased opinion" way.
>>
>>92376420
>>92378748
you people are fucking subhumans
>>
File: 1401487470142.png (122KB, 439x443px) Image search: [Google]
1401487470142.png
122KB, 439x443px
>>92381659
its a soft science at best
Even they admit this. Its the retards who took a single class or minored in it who think they know everything about human behavior that ruins everything
>had one girl in an argument bring up "I'm minoring in psychology I should know!" about something that has nothing to do with psychology
>>
>>92371049

It's Pete time!
>>
>>92381659
And on what basis do you suggest mental problems should be fixed? The snap judgments of edgy imageboard teens?
>>
>>92381734
>soft science at best
Indeed, at best. The best doesn't seem to happen to often.
>Even they admit this
Not many from what I've heard. Good thing my university actually puts social sciences and actual STEM careers in two different buildings halfway across town and psychology is in the socials building along with law and philosophy.
>>
>>92381659
>>92381734
>>92381910
It's the other way around. If Psychology is quack, that means you're inflicting pain on your kid for no reason, providing even less reason for corporal punishment.

Your personal brand of unproven psychology is always going to be inferior to that which has actual research, because when you belittle them you belittle your own as well.
>>
>>92371222
because pete has a wife who is able to feed him home cooked meals three times a day.

Goofy is compensdating a mothers affection with max, its why hes such a softy and gets pushed around. Pete is able to play both bad cop and good cop, more leaning to bad cop, because he has his wife's tender emotions to balance it out.
>>
>>92378168
You're a hilarious lolcow for us. Write a blog about my life based on this text. Your imagination is riveting.
>>
>>92372429
>If you don't like carbon taxes you don't like computers!

Whats settled science?
>>
>>92375666
I think it's pretty easy to see that Pete and Goofy are genuine friends, even if Pete is a dick. He wants the same success for Goofy as he has, and he wants Max to respect Goofy more.
>>
>>92381694

Hey, I didn't even mention any facefarting
>>
File: anon.gif (223KB, 481x479px) Image search: [Google]
anon.gif
223KB, 481x479px
>>92381892
The answer is within your own question.
>>92381993
>If Psychology is quack, that means you're inflicting pain on your kid for no reason
Eh, no, that doesn't follow any actual logical premise.
>Your personal brand of unproven psychology is always going to be inferior to that which has actual research.
That is one big pile of speculation loaded into a single sentence. The kind of baseless speculation only a psychology enthusiast would be capable of.
We are belittling psychology, for it is a flawed method of acquiring knowledge. We have not mentioned once how do we personally tackle that problem, on what evidence do we support our methods or if we even care about said issues to begin with. I am simply stating that psychology is not a science, that the "research" it conducts is really not much superior to the vis-a-vis observation of action-reaction a person can carry on their own on a particular "localized" case, at the very least, one could say that the latter has the advantage of not carrying all the purely philosophical speculation that psychologist buy into; like how some physicians believe in homeopathy simply because it shows "observable results" that agree with the purely empirical knowledge of physicians perfectly, even though we know factually that the discipline has absolutely no effect on human health; that alone won't make it automatically superior on all cases, but whether or not some people can come up with something better than what actual psychologist can is definitely a relevant possibility. Raising awareness of the fact that psychology doesn't work is important, you can't fix something if you don't know it's broken or if you're unwilling to repair; like how physicist lately have started improving sociology and economy after looking at all the glaring flaws their disciplines in their current state posses.
>>
>>92379044
>he says /co/mblr unironically
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>92378117
Eh, it's complicated. People with pathological work ethic have made some pretty badass strides in the world.
>>
>>92381082
>the strong live to pass on their genes
>as nature intended
fairly sure survival of the fittest is basically 'hey you. you there. you managed to adapt to protect yourself against this curveball we threw at you. good job! everybody else who did not, you can go die.'

which means evolution doesn't make you strong, atleast not in the way most people think of it
>>
>>92381694
In my dreams. And RPs.
>>
>>92371049
We can agree this was Jim Cummings's best character, right?
>>
>>92376177
good retrospective. agreed.
>>
>>92382700
>it is a flawed method of acquiring knowledge
why

>"research" it conducts is really not much superior to the vis-a-vis observation of action-reaction a person can carry on their own on a particular "localized"
how

>the advantage of not carrying all the purely philosophical speculation that psychologist buy into
what philosophical speculation is present in studies showing that beating your child is not effective in producing successful, well-adjusted people?
>>
Man, I watched this movie two weeks ago expecting a quality nostalgia hit.

It's actually a trash film. I forgot they had fucking songs in it.
>>
File: 1491841892634.png (17KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1491841892634.png
17KB, 650x650px
>>92385506
The songs are the best part you fucking plen.
>>
>>92381782
Someone fucking post it. Make this thread even worse than it already is
>>
>>92376176
>Wherever I am, I must also redpill
Do you faggots do anything else with your life?
>>
>>92380476
>Cuck
Get out.
>>
File: 1474246371207.jpg (280KB, 958x782px) Image search: [Google]
1474246371207.jpg
280KB, 958x782px
>This thread
???
>>
>>92385506
Honestly I barely remember large chunks of this movie. I completely forgot about the Bigfoot subplot.
Still, I think the best parts of the movie are the father/son scenes, because of how well they're done.
>>
>>92372512
Why would a cat shave?
>>
File: Disgust.jpg (46KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.jpg
46KB, 620x400px
>All these manchildren with daddy issues whining about how disciplining your child is bad
Holy shit do I wish I could belt every one of you right now
>>
File: fuck normalfags.jpg (64KB, 490x424px) Image search: [Google]
fuck normalfags.jpg
64KB, 490x424px
>>92379044
>Not realizing that no one here will ever get laid, let alone raise a kid and thus none of this matters period.
>>
>>92385883
I think spanking would work better tbdesu
>>
File: 1340586824940.png (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1340586824940.png
11KB, 400x400px
>>92385883
>Parenting is Black and White!
>>
>>92382724
At this point adding "/co/mblr" to a post increases your chances of getting a (You) by at least 47%.
>>
>>92386020
How do you even pronounce /co/mblr?
>>
>>92379305
That I can agree with. You need to prove to your little squirts just how good of a person you can be, and be a rolemodel for them to grow up to be like.

Perfection isn't expected, not even wanted. Having faults just shows kids that it can't hamper a person from being a great man.

I don't want to pamper my children, if I get 'em, but I wont abandon them or leave them to be tossed about and screwed with by lifes problems.

>>92382724
Yeah, unironically. Because that's what this place is, numbnuts.
>>
>>92386096
you don't if you're not an autistic sperg

oh wait
>>
>>92385771
I don't even remember what was originally about
>>
>>92386096

coam-blur
>>
>>92386096
Kom-bowler.
>>
>>92386261
The parenting styles of two imperfect parents.

People parent using what they value and what they believe is best for their kids. Pete wants discipline so his son will be better than him, and Goofy just wants his son to know he loves him unconditionally. Either one can go too far, as we definitely see.
>>
>>92375311
Being voiced by Jim Cummings helps also.
>>
File: WAKE ME UP.jpg (24KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP.jpg
24KB, 540x540px
>>92377363
http://slapdashmom.com/your-child-does-not-have-the-right-to-eat-peanut-butter/
>>
>>92385883
More like
>All these manchildren with daddy issues orgasming at the thought of touching their future kid's bums and wishing their daddies had spanked them harder when they were young
>>
>>92386096
Com-Blair
>>
>>92386956
t. liberal hippie manchild
>>
>>92387058
t. deranged sociopath with an abuse fetish
>>
File: the goat left long ago.png (473KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
the goat left long ago.png
473KB, 1000x667px
>people who have never had sex arguing about how to raise a child
>>
File: 1491273304795.png (2MB, 1094x3977px) Image search: [Google]
1491273304795.png
2MB, 1094x3977px
>>92377363
blame women and mothers
>>
>>92387117
I've been a teacher for four years and I sure as shit can see how not to raise a kid.
>>
>>92379523
Beating, no, but a good whack when times really demand it, yeah.
>>
>>92387117
>you have to be a five star chef to know an apple is rotton
>>
>>92380604
>presumably thinking "whitewash" related to whites and not actual whitewashing?

n-no you
>>
File: 1483303078659.png (16KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1483303078659.png
16KB, 650x650px
>>92387195
>and I'm like 'Yeah, when hell freezes over'
Come on now
>>
File: 1464210164707.png (373KB, 798x656px) Image search: [Google]
1464210164707.png
373KB, 798x656px
>yfw Pete and PJ was your first fap for budding gay chubby chasers back in the 90s/early 00s (and by PJ, I mean, An Extremely Goofy Movie PJ, extra thicc)
>>
>>92380629
That was literally me. Haven't been to church for years now.
>>
File: 1493877078196.png (20KB, 237x312px) Image search: [Google]
1493877078196.png
20KB, 237x312px
>>92387389
that's our word!
>>
>>92384982
It's flawed because it's mostly speculation paraded around as fact, with little supporting evidence aside from isolated experiments.
Additionally, many of these theories typically aren't built upon our known physical building blocks like the neuron (and then trying to explain mental state as a result of neural configuration), but rather they are baseless ideas that get p-hacked until they can be published, and that's if they're actually doing stats. Some time they literally throw shit in textbooks with no statistical basis or support.
>>
>>92387739
Women aren't true thicc.
Only men can be true thicc.

Beautiful layers of muscle and fat united in harmony
>>
File: 1438884546636.png (2KB, 239x258px) Image search: [Google]
1438884546636.png
2KB, 239x258px
>>92388031
my opinion differs.
>>
File: IMG_7939.png (2MB, 1513x1079px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7939.png
2MB, 1513x1079px
>>92388031
Gravity Falls has clearly mastered this
>>
File: 5EvxkUz.png (150KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
5EvxkUz.png
150KB, 500x347px
>>92371049
You know, as obvious this bait is, I kind of like these Goofy threads. It's interesting seeing genuine debate about a topic neither side is truly wrong in.
>>
File: 1491877161092.png (85KB, 537x483px) Image search: [Google]
1491877161092.png
85KB, 537x483px
>>92372512
why do i have a boner, god help me
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.