[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

according to /co/ TMNT is garbage if it was made between 1987-1996,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1987_Splinter.jpg (69KB, 340x260px) Image search: [Google]
1987_Splinter.jpg
69KB, 340x260px
according to /co/ TMNT is garbage if it was made between 1987-1996, but is prime if it's 200x-20xx
How do I prove them wrong? That the original cartoon was not a god damn waste?
>>
File: 1488223654788.jpg (17KB, 276x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488223654788.jpg
17KB, 276x200px
>Wants to prove /co/ wrong.
>Asks /co/ how to do it.
>>
80's TMNT wasn't a waste because it propelled the success of the franchise from its indie comic roots and it gave a catchy theme song
>>
File: Turtles_in_Time_(SNES_cover).jpg (78KB, 640x455px) Image search: [Google]
Turtles_in_Time_(SNES_cover).jpg
78KB, 640x455px
KOWABUNGA
>>
You remind them that it was a comedy with action overtones.
>>
>>92353685

No one really thinks that. It's just easy to assume that they do.

The only truly agreed upon garbage bits of the franchise are The Next Mutation, Back to the Sewers and some live action vhs specials.
>>
>>92353685
The 87 Cartoon was needed to make what TMNT is today, but the show itself isn't worth watching at this point, same goes for He-Man, Transformers Gen1 and other toy-line based show around the same time.

TMNT 2k3 is the best series so far in terms of quality, but has huge problems in the later seasons.

TMNT2012 is a mix bag, not bad, but not great either.

Next Mutation had a interesting concept but it was plagued with issues, and bad example of a product of it's time.
>>
>>92354381
there is literally nothing wrong with turtle knockers
>>
>>92353685
I just caught up with all the IDW volumes and now I'm waiting for the next one
>>
>>92354458

Except that they're hard, bleed in between the plates and carry e coli.
>>
>>92354458
Next Mutation had one of the worst budgets of a Saban project, and was plagued with issues, it had no chance of being anything.

>>92354381
2nd half of season 7 is fine , I think the general idea and concept turned a lot of people off with the whole cyber space BS
>>
>>92354453
>but has huge problems in the later seasons.
Are you talking about when they go to the future
>>
>>92355473
Season 5 changes a lot in tone from the previous seasons, Fast Forward is basically a different show, and Back to the Sewers has too much going on, and doesn't settle down till the second half.
>>
>>92353685
I was just thinking about that earlier today, it had its ups and downs but on the average most episodes were better than people give it credit for.

People who're quick to dismiss 80s action toy cartoons should realize that the best of them didn't take themselves too seriously, they were self-aware breezy entertainment with rockin' theme tunes.
>>92353934
I want to tell you to shut the fuck up, but you're actually right.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.