[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think about the Artemis Fowl graphic novels? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

What does /co/ think about the Artemis Fowl graphic novels? I read the first two back in high school and thought they were pretty good. Although, I haven't read the original books, so I don't know how they compare.
>>
I want to _____ Holly!
>>
File: 1494630722569.jpg (56KB, 422x294px) Image search: [Google]
1494630722569.jpg
56KB, 422x294px
>>92347433
>>
Books are considerably better. The comics rush everything and have the characters narrate in awkward exposition.
>>
File: cover_artemis_fowl_01.jpg (54KB, 342x507px) Image search: [Google]
cover_artemis_fowl_01.jpg
54KB, 342x507px
>>92347196
They're fucking garbage and they ruin the humor of the books, same as the last time you made this thread. Download pdfs of the first 6 and then read An Unexpected Turn of Events to cap it off.

Not that I'm upset with a blatant Artemis Fowl thread on /co/. I usually make them.
>>
I didn't like them because they didn't match my headcanon versions of the characters.

Did Holly & Artemis ever actually hook up beyond their little make-out in the Time Paradox?I thought it was funny he introduced an appropriate love interest for Artemis in the previous book and then double down on HollyXArty in the next one. That had to be because of the fans right?
>>
>>92347196
Should've been drawn by Young.
>>
File: artemis fowl bloodborne edit.jpg (165KB, 841x599px) Image search: [Google]
artemis fowl bloodborne edit.jpg
165KB, 841x599px
Really not /co/ unless people start posting more of the graphic novel but we had a pretty active thread last month.
>>
I always imagined Holly Short as a short stack.

Like a slightly more human Midna with a thicc ass.
>>
File: alexrider.jpg (33KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
alexrider.jpg
33KB, 332x500px
>>92347196
On the topic of YA books with graphic novel adaptions, anyone remember the Alex Rider series? That was my shit in middle school.
>>
>>92347433
Juliet is the superior choice, anon.
>>
>>92354408

Agreed. Though I cannot say I am surprised Colfer wanted to avoid sexualising her.
>>
File: Holly would.png (473KB, 822x292px) Image search: [Google]
Holly would.png
473KB, 822x292px
>>92360332
too late for that
>>
The third book was the best and felt like a real development for Arty's character. I remember having some issues with the fourth feeling lackluster and I heard it got even worse from there.
>>
>>92354181
>dex and Dark Souls mentioned in a comic making Bloodborne references
What fresh mess is this?
>>
>>92347196
I read 3 of the books (not the graphic novels) when I was 15. I don't particularly remember anything about them other than they were decently entertaining back then.
>>
>>92361235
5th book is peak crazy because Artemis out-keikakus everyone and everything.
>>
>>92356623
i fucking loved it, and even when the movie was okay, i enjoyed the heck out of it... would have been cool they continued the stories.

Also, the japanese covers are fab af
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.