[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think about the Artemis Fowl graphic novels. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 9780141325866.jpg (868KB, 1498x2244px) Image search: [Google]
9780141325866.jpg
868KB, 1498x2244px
What does /co/ think about the Artemis Fowl graphic novels. I read the first two back in high school and I thought they were pretty good. Never read the original books though, so I don't know how they compare.
>>
Last book I read was Opal Deception. What happened next, is it worth spending time? Did they fuck?
>>
Never read that shit.

The books are great.
>>
File: holly short.png (60KB, 150x217px) Image search: [Google]
holly short.png
60KB, 150x217px
I want to ____ Holly
>>
>>92317276
Opal Deception was the easily the best. After that, there's one with Demons timetravelling or jumping dimensions. There's a girl that's as arrogant as Artemis was in the first, and she has a thing for him iirc. Really don't remember much besides that.

Sadly, I don't think they ever fuck.
>>
>>92317633
I want to "https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7832868/1/An-Unexpected-Turn-of-Events" Holly
>>
The graphic novels are garbage. Watered down versions of the novels without any of the humor.
>>
>>92317276
The book after that was about demons. It was pretty neat, though not as good as Opal Deception. It introduced the absolute best boy №1, though.

The one after that was just some time travel story with a boring main villain. Opal is then revealed to be control of that villain, but at this point you're probably sick of her.

Then there's The Atlantis Complex, which kind of feels like padding. And then the ending book, which is yet another Opal story.

Short answer: Lost Colony is worth the read, but stop there.
>>
Some of the art designs are goofy
>>
Eternity Code had such a good ending that it should have ended the series. they went downhill afterwards anyway
>>
>>92320220
I agree with you there, but then again I haven't paid any attention lately, have they gotten as far as drawing N. 1 or the girl Artemis? Cause I really want to see that.
>>
>>92317156
Didnt the books end with civilisation being destroyed but its all cool because muh environment?
>>
>>92320781
How'd it end? I remember them tricking the two bodyguards (Chip and something), then eventually luring the bad guy out of his building.
>>
>>92317156
is cool that holly looks exactly how i imagined her
but Butler doesnt, i imagined him as this big samoan guy, almost with tribal tatoos on his face and shit
>>
>>92321821
Glad I'm not the only one who thought he looked like a buff version of DCAU lex luthor.

Who's the artist anyways? I remember them doing this weird thing with butler's head being super small. Almost old doujin bad.
>>
>>92317156
Its version of Holly is uncannily similar to my mental image of her.
>>
File: 1470581860504.jpg (56KB, 422x294px) Image search: [Google]
1470581860504.jpg
56KB, 422x294px
>>92317633
>>
>>92320876
Yep. So fuck all those humans in hospitals who needed the technology, or supporting starving kids in third world countries, or having anything that would give humans a fighting chance against the magical creatures.

At least the fairies are fine with this change. And they still have technology advanced enough to clone people.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.