[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not critiquing, but why did they change Jack's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Jack.png (334KB, 926x336px) Image search: [Google]
Jack.png
334KB, 926x336px
I'm not critiquing, but why did they change Jack's skin color?
>>
>>92306508
Bait, but I'll bite-
Jack's skin has been toned down because of underlying tones of racism in asians. Genndy reworked Jack to have a truer skin colour.

Jesus fuck, how far are you into S5? Start catching up.
>>
>>92306783
his parents were still yellow though
>>
he got old and less healthy
>>
>>92306783
Not OP here, but why must everyone call it a bait topic? Maybe some people just really want to know why the color change.
>>
>>92306508
Your skin becomes lighter the longer you live up north.
>>
>>92306947
It's a bait topic because it gets posted 3 times a week and always ensues in a race debate.
Even though the answer is simply that the colors change due to lighting and surrounding to be most aesthetically pleasing for the circumstance.
>>
File: 1473798270092.jpg (68KB, 559x478px) Image search: [Google]
1473798270092.jpg
68KB, 559x478px
>>92306783
Or it could just be that after 50 years he got a bit of tan on him
>>
>>92306508

SJWs complained because of "yellow asian" stereotype.
>>
>>92307078
He's yellow at the end if episode 7 so RIP you
>>
To better compliment the Mary sue's skin since she's the center of the universe
>>
>>92307112
But we are already talking about the Mary sues skin. Didn't you read the OP?
>>
File: 1381647515530.jpg (84KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1381647515530.jpg
84KB, 600x800px
>>92306508
Happy Jack=Yayoi
Hope lost Jack=Jomon
>>
>>92307078
Doubtful.
>>
>>92306508
I'm not critiquing but why do you make the same thread again and again?
>>
File: not very yellow.png (390KB, 716x400px) Image search: [Google]
not very yellow.png
390KB, 716x400px
Jack's skin color in the original series was inconsistent. Depending on the lighting, Jack's skin would be varrying degrees of yellow, sometimes a deep yellow, sometimes a light yellow, and sometimes even to the point where it doesn't look very yellow at all. This season, they just decided to give a consistent color to Jack. Honestly though, I would have preferred if he was yellow and not peach. Seeing him next to his parents is really jarring.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.