[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Supporting cast completely gone, save for Fat Ned, Young

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 22

File: c7thfxlwsaapuf.jpg (210KB, 711x1080px)
c7thfxlwsaapuf.jpg
210KB, 711x1080px
>Supporting cast completely gone, save for Fat Ned, Young May, and Skinny Flash.

>Peter is constantly guzzling Avengers cock

>Spider-Man is going to have an AI

>Far more reliant on tech than the comic it's based off of.

>MJ isn't in it

>Harry isn't in it

>Can't mention that Uncle Ben died in the movie.

>Daily Bulge isn't in it.

How the fuck is this a Spider-Man movie?
>>
well there is a different MJ in it
>>
I almost feel like Sony is fucking over Marvel with this movie out of spite and bitterness.

Then again, there is Hanlon's Razor to consider.
>>
It's Iron Man 6, OP. Pay attention.
>>
>>92297989
first MCU flop (Iron Man 3 did adequately), get ready boys
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAA.gif (554KB, 540x772px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAA.gif
554KB, 540x772px
>>92298011
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! SHES NOT MJ, AND MARY JANE WILL BE IN THE SEQUEL!
>>
>>92297989
>How the fuck is this a Spider-Man movie?
It features a character named Spider-Man.
>>
>>92298049
it will make money but no one will care about it
>>
>>92297989
It's an Iron Man movie with a small Spider-Man cameo.
>>
DAILY BULGE
>>
>>92298078
How is that any different from any other MCU flick then?
>>
>>92297989
>>
>>92298120
I never claimed that it was
>>
>Daily Bugle isn't in it

https://twitter.com/tomhupdates/status/851841221391765504

You wot mate?
>>
>>92297989
>Harry isn't in it
>No MJ
>No Daily Bugle

Do you REALLY want to see that all over again, anon? DO YOU?
>>
>>92298015
This seems to me to be more MCU fuckery if anything.

I mean, for all Sony's screw ups, I don't see what they benefit from shining the spotlight on Iron Man this much, especially when Spider-Man is more popular.
>>
>>92297989

The ibly thing you didn't ask for was Uncle Ben's death. We needed something new
>>
>MJ isn't in it

>Harry isn't in it

I'll give you the rest for sure, but these two weren't in his high school either.
>>
>>92298162
Yes, I would like my Spider-Man movie to be a Spider-Man movie.

Also, what do you mean all over again? The total of three movies we saw them in the Raimi trilogy?
>>
>>92298212
Considering the amount of time he was actually in high school? It seems beneficial to add some shit from the college years.

Also, wasn't the MJ face reveal when Peter was in highschool, or am I confusing things?
>>
>>92298230
So Spider-Man isn't Spider-Man without Harry, MJ, and the Bugle having prominent roles? Well then I hate to break it to you, but Spider-Man comics haven't Spider-Man comics for a long time then.
>>
>>92298312
>Spider-Man comics haven't Spider-Man comics for a long time then.

I don't know if you're trying to be funny here, but most people would agree that they aren't.
>>
>>92298312
The served prominent roles for a good portion of the character's history and are important to his mythos, yes.

>Well then I hate to break it to you, but Spider-Man comics haven't Spider-Man comics for a long time then.

Yeah, I know, Mephistoverse sucks.
>>
>>92298367
>I don't know if you're trying to be funny here
I'm not.
>>
>>92298156
He said Daily Bulge, not Bugle.
>>
>>92297989
Oh no, Dr Conner's class!
>>
>>92297989
Just imagine the MCU pandering in the comics.
>>
>>92297989

>Can't mention that Uncle Ben died in the movie

What's this now?
>>
>>92298454
I GOT SO CAUGHT UP IN WHAT I WAS DOING I FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT!
>>
>>92297989

>Far more reliant on tech than the comic it's based off of

Bullshit. Tony Stark rather famously gave Peter a tech-based suit in the comics and it was badass as hell. You're just a whiny fag.
>>
>>92297989

>Daily Bulge isn't in it

Wow, I wonder why a high schooler isn't working at the Marvelverse equivalent to the New York Times. What a movie sin. Fucking retard.
>>
>>92297989

We got SELFIE BOI! Not Spider-Man. The MCU and Marvel completely shit the bed with Tom Holland and I can't wait to watch them all go down in flames.
>>
>>92298281
No, not at all. He graduated in ASM #28 and she didn't have her famous door scene until #42.

And I hate them going back to the high school era, but I understand them wanting to start from the very beginning for the MCU. Hell, his first major villain he's gonna be fighting is the vulture who was in ASM #2
>>
>>92298049
>Iron Man 3
>adequately
it broke a billion, dude
>>
>>92298480

>http://screenrant.com/spider-man-homecoming-uncle-ben-peter-parker/

>I mean, we’re implying he’s dead. We have not at all, again, gone into trying to change his origin story as far as I have been envisioning it. But we, just again, we thought that to keep this fun, light tone, as soon as they have to have their, like, ‘Let’s remember our dearly departed father figure’ – it derails that a little. And again, what we’re trying to tell is this sort of fun story of the kid who is doing all the wrong things for the right reasons. And once you do that, it stops becoming a sort of sun movie about a kid trying to be a kid. He’s mourning the loss of a parent.

TL;DR: Death is too dark for a movie targeted at kids, so they're going to ignore Peter's /entire/ fucking motive.
>>
>>92297989
>How the fuck is this a Spider-Man movie?
All on purpose so that Sony doesn't have anything to run with on their own. Harry Osborn almost wasn't called Harry Osborn either, but somehow they left it in
>>
>>92297989
>Daily Bulge isn't in it

Scandalous! With a suit that tight there's no way he could hide it.
>>
>>92298517

Yeah it was the Iron Spider which they didn't use in Civil War because no on involved in that shit production actually read the comic it was based off of.

AND it made Peter not trust Tony because the suit was spying on him. Eat shit Holland.
>>
>>92298517
>In Civil War

>When Peter was well into adulthood.

>Only for a portion of the story.

>Turned out to be a trick all along anyway.

This is teen Peter we're talking about.
>>
>>92298611
why do we need to see Uncle Ben die again? At this point it's like Batman's parents dying: people know it happened, how happened, and how it affected Peter
>>
>>92298662
probably for the best in Civil War's case
>>
>>92298561

Because the people who made this movie never read a single comic in their fucking lives? That's why. And they choose SPIDER BOY instead of letting Peter grow the fuck up and give themselves all more creative freedom.

But hey, whatever gets little selfie taking faggot teens in the door right?
>>
>>92298611
I don't need to see fucking Uncle Ben die again.
>>
>>92298561
If they're going to do teenage Peter at least do it fucking right. Teenage Parker was about a kid trying to support his Aunt because they were poor as fuck. It was also about him struggling to understand what it meant to have responsibility, hence all the times he thought about breaking the law and assaulting his classmates.
>>
>>92298700
>>92298665
There's a difference between not seeing Uncle Ben die again and not referencing the fact that he died because it's too dark.
>>
>>92298642
I WANT PICTURES

PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN'S COCK
>>
>>92298049
>i-it'll be hilarious when this shit flops
>>
>>92297989
>Supporting cast completely gone, save for Fat Ned, Young May, and Skinny Flash.
He's still in High School. The only supporting cast that's absent is the Daily Bugle's staff, which is admittedly a gross oversight.
>>
>>92298049
Just because it'll be shit doesn't mean it'll flop.
>>
>>92297989
>Peter is constantly guzzling Avengers cock
I'd pay to see that in theaters
>>
>>92297989
Anon this is a family-friendly movie. I know it's about a teenage boy, but his daily bulge is not necessary to the narrative.
>>
>>92298049

>this one is gonna be the bad one guys, I swear!
>>
>>92298770
this
>>
>>92297989
Why the fuck is spidey 30 FEET FUCKING TALL IN THAT IMAGE
>>
>>92297989
HE didn't meet any of those characters until college
>>
>>92298175
Sony is desperately trying to get more butts in the seats by constantly reminding people that iron man/rdj is in this movie and that this is a mcu movie.
>>
File: ach, du...oh, toi.jpg (27KB, 571x226px) Image search: [Google]
ach, du...oh, toi.jpg
27KB, 571x226px
>>92299580
>>
>>92298212
It would be OK if they weren't in it for this movie, but they are planning a trilogy of him in high school. A trilogy with Zen "Not Mary Jane!" Daya and cringeworthy Ned Leeds
>>
>>92298517
>For a few issues of a crap event when he was in his mid twenties and experienced as Spider-Man

Open up a comic book, buddy
>>
I hope we get Zendaya and Ganke Leeds marvel legends so you faggots can cry moar.
>>
>>92298561
By your logic
>Let's not have a high schooler make revolutionary webbing fluid with insane tensile strength and biodegradability
>>
>>92298611
Reminds me of the whole "Spidey isn't allowed to punch in the movie" deal
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKW7NSgiCFo

You guys seen this yet? Seems relevant.
>>
>>92298770
They said they're going to imply it. Plus Peter's motive is still very much the same.

>When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, the bad things that happen because of that, happens because of you.

And then Vulture saying that he would do anything to protect his family, and that he knows Peter knows what he's talking about.

Spider-Man already has two different movie franchises that did his origin to death. They're avoiding that and other common elements from them. You might not like that, but let's not pretend that it's actually a fault on the movie's part and not just a typical case of the not muhs.
>>
>>92301555
>And again, what we’re trying to tell is this sort of fun story of the kid who is doing all the wrong things for the right reasons. And once you do that, it stops becoming a sort of sun movie about a kid trying to be a kid. He’s mourning the loss of a parent.
You don't get it. They're skipping it because the MCU is a comedy series.
>>
>>92297989
I certainly have Daily Bulge for you right here.
>>
>>92298175
>I don't see what they benefit from shining the spotlight on Iron Man this much, especially when Spider-Man is more popular.
Then why did The Amazing Spiderman movies make less than the Iron Man movies?
>>
>>92301555
>When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, the bad things that happen because of that, happens because of you

jesus christ just fucking say the actual line.
>>
>>92301667
The previous Spider-Man movies are still around if you prefer that. Also funny that you're dismissing the movie as just a comedy that wants to avoid dark things when the trailers straight up show Vulture as a heavily weaponized serious villain who explicitly threatens to murder Peter and everyone he loves, and is even shown to be capable of it because he kicks Peter's ass to the point where Peter is beaten and bloody.

But whatever, MCU is just comedy, not muh Spidey, blah blah blah.
>>
>>92301851
I honestly don't think it would have fit the scene. The stilted articulation is much more honest. If he had just said "With great power there must also come great responsibility", it would have just sounded like a teenager trying to say something deep.

It's a great line, but context affects delivery.
>>
>>92302007
I don't know, I feel like the amazing spiderman movies already had enough of "teenager sounds retarded every time he opens his mouth". Maybe the constant quippage will be a relief from the constant awkwardness.
>>
>>92301939
No anon, you're the one that doesn't seem to understand. They literally say in the article the only reason they aren't bringing it up is because it's too dark and clashes with the fact that this is supposed to be a kids movie.

That's why Peter wont be allowed to punch anyone in this movie.
>>
>>92302140
They say it's a story about a kid being a kid. That doesn't necessarily equate to a kid's movie. Plus you straight up ignored all my points and are just clinging to your interpretation of a quote. Sure, Peter fights and gets brutalized by a dangerous villain who uses dangerous weapons and doesn't hesitate to try and kill civilians and EXPLICITLY threatens to MURDER Peter and everybody he loves, but oh no! Peter won't punch anybody and they're striving for a more lighthearted general tone for the movie, what is this baby shit?!

Get over yourself.
>>
>>92302313
>They say it's a story about a kid being a kid.

Teen Spider-Man was about the exact opposite of that.

>gets brutalized

I don't think you know the meaning of that word.

>doesn't hesitate to try and kill civilians

Try, I doubt anyone will die in this movie if it's too vanilla to show punches.

> EXPLICITLY threatens to MURDER Peter and everybody he loves

I also doubt we'll have a moment where they're in mortal danger.
>>
>>92302595
so you've seen the movie, then?
>>
>>92302608
Quote the point where I implied that?
>>
>>92302595
>Teen Spider-Man was about the exact opposite of that.
So? It's an adaptation. A different version. You still have the previous movies if you prefer their storytelling.

>I don't think you know the meaning of that word.
To be attacked in a savage and violent way. Which Peter is, according to the trailers. Vulture beats the crap out of him and the goons send him crashing through vehicles. Are you so desensitized to violence that that doesn't strike you as savage and violent?

>Try, I doubt anyone will die in this movie if it's too vanilla to show punches.
Sorry you aren't getting your edgy grimdark Spidey where death is explicitly depicted.

>I also doubt we'll have a moment where they're in mortal danger.
Missing the point by a mile. You know what a real hallmark of kid media is these days? They won't even say the words "kill', "die" or "dead". Vulture delivers an explicit death threat, so I'm also not going to put much stock in your doubts.
>>
>>92297989
the fuck, seriously?
>>
>>92303553
More like "won't".
>>
>>92303553
>>92298611
>>
From my experience Spider-Man fans seem to obsess over quips and the fact that the Raimi films weren't quippy enough so that all you need to make a "Spider-Man" film.
>>
If they want it to be a movie for kids shouldn't he be learning self-reliance instead of prostituting himself for free stuff from shady strangers?
Not a good lesson to teach youngsters.
>>
File: cap22243.jpg (48KB, 725x304px) Image search: [Google]
cap22243.jpg
48KB, 725x304px
>>92301667
The MCU has had characters feeling guilty over someone else's death since Iron Man.

We don't need another maudlin Spider-Man flick right away. At least four of the last five already beat that into the ground.
>>
>>92304025
But the entire point of Spider-Man is that he feels guilty that he was the cause of his Uncle's death. Without that he has no reason to crime fight.
>>
File: pete plays volleyball.png (743KB, 626x914px) Image search: [Google]
pete plays volleyball.png
743KB, 626x914px
I really don't like Holland's Spider-Man. He's only got two modes. Whining and lusting for Tony's Iron dong.
Why can't he have a wider range of emotions like a real god damn high school student?
>>
>>92304265
Fuck, an adaptation of Ditko teenage Peter would have been fucking great.

Instead of him breaking into the Baxter Building to beat up the Fantastic Four for money you could have that scene with the Avengers.
>>
>>92301667
Anon, if you want people to take you seriously, actually start listing some serious points
>>
>>92298049
People have been saying this shit since 2014

Guess fucking what.
No flops.
Do you see a flop? Because I see millions and millions of dollars that fiat into say "No flop here boss!"

GotG didn't flop. AntMan didn't flop. Civil War didn't flop. Ultron didn't flop.
Just...give up.
>>
File: spidey v vulture.png (803KB, 603x1294px) Image search: [Google]
spidey v vulture.png
803KB, 603x1294px
>>92304360
Yeah, it would set him apart from the previous two movies. Holland wants to repeat the all the soft spoken wimpy attitude of Tobey Maguire, but without any Raimi's style it isn't even entertaining.
Ditko Spidey is top tier.
>>
This movie is not the age bracket of this board
>>
>>92304604
This, only kids are excited about it because they don't know any better.
>>
>>92304562
And it also strays from the formulaic gags of the MCU. The Spider-Man quips only work because his surroundings are serious, rather than giving /everyone/ a moment to have a joke.

Play the enemies super serious and have Peter be the /only/ one who gets to crack jokes in the movie. Which annoys basically everyone around him.
>>
>>92297989
In attempt to differentiate from the previous films, they made it nigh unrecognizable to the Spider-Man mythos.
>>
>>92304025
The MCU has had characters cracking jokes and being sarcastic since Iron Man.
>>
>>92304793
Yet they're still obsessed with remaking that Raimi series, but removing all the heart and forcing in Iron Man.
>>
>>92298156
They said it wouldn't be in the film because newspapers are irrelevant and it would need to be updated. Don't know where that pic is from.
>>
>Flash Thompson is a little brown boy
Why?
>>
>>92304913
Apparently they don't think bullies are a thing anymore, so they're making Flash a cyber bully.

I'm not making shit up by the way.
>>
File: Spidey bullies Ox.jpg (647KB, 600x861px)
Spidey bullies Ox.jpg
647KB, 600x861px
>>92304878
Which is why Peter shouldn't be just another standup comic with inoffensive non-quips. He should be straight up insulting people.
>>
>>92304971
This. People confuse quip with banter.

Peter is the latter.
>>
>>92304971
Jesus christ pete is a savage
>>
File: lNcIXcZ.jpg (89KB, 800x556px)
lNcIXcZ.jpg
89KB, 800x556px
>>92305082
Peter has little to no limits to how far he'll go for a joke.
>>
>>92298611
Poor excuse.
Disney films have parents die as a plot point all the time, they're still kids films.
>>
>>92303794
If that were true the ASM films would be revered.
>>
>>92304265
It's not Holland's fault, that's what the writers want.
>>
>>92303326
>To be attacked in a savage and violent way. Which Peter is, according to the trailers. Vulture beats the crap out of him and the goons send him crashing through vehicles. Are you so desensitized to violence that that doesn't strike you as savage and violent?
Not that guy, but all that doesn't really matter when they're bound to get up and walk around like nothing happened a second later, give or take an "Ow...". An example of getting brutalized is more like the final confrontation between Spider-Man and the Green Goblin in the first Raimi movie.
>>
>>92304951
No please. I can handle all the other shit, but please tell me this isn't true. That is supreme stupid.
>>
>>92305352

>http://screenrant.com/spider-man-homecoming-flash-thompson-actor-bully/

>American high schools are so different to British ones. Bullying wasn’t really a thing, so when they cast Flash Thompson they knew they didn’t need a 6ft 5in jock to beat Peter Parker up. They needed a rich, smug kid commenting on how bad his trainers were. And I did it to practice my American accent
>>
>>92305453
Oh, I was thinking it was all going to be literal cyberbullying and shit. This doesn't seem that bad.
>>
>>92298515
…
…
…
…hez gonna killme.
>>
>>92301699
Because they were made by a man who got the job just because his last name is Webb
>>
>>92298011
i'd rather have no-j than butch-mj
>>
>>92298015
Why would they do that? It's their only cash cow besides Playstation and TV's. If this tanks, they might as well sell Columbia Pictures.

>>92298175
They want people to know that this is part of the MCU, and not an off-shoot, like all of the Netflix series.
>>
>>92297989
Is Peter gay this time around? Because I'd sure wake up with a Daily Bulge for MCU Aunt May.
>>
>>92307605
>Why would they do that?

Because Sony are literally retarded. That's why the PS4 is their only real source of income, which itself is a fluke considering it has no games.
>>
Tom Holland is my waifu
https://youtu.be/LqBiycUo_ew
>>
>>92297989
It's a Spiderman movie because the company that controls the character put the name on it. It features a character called Spiderman and a handful of associated characters and concepts.

If you don't think you'll enjoy it don't watch it. They aren't required to bring you whatever you imagined the film should be instead of what they've made and you aren't required to see nor care about it.
>>
>>92298312
>Spider-Man comics haven't Spider-Man comics for a long time then.
in other news, the water is, indeed, wet.
>>
>>92307966
>Spiderman
Who is this "Spiderman" you're talking about?
>>
>>92298662
To be fair, the last thing they want to do is introduce spiderman as a clear cut Iron Man sidekick. They want to maintain some level of independence.

The Civil War/Homecoming suit is basically the Iron Spider suit in every way but appearance (and it lacked the extra legs.)
>>
>>92308008
He's a guy whose ancestors were spider ranchers and their family name got shortened when they immigrated to the US.
>>
>>92308061
All I can think of now is that scene from Friends talking about how his name isn't "Spiderman".
>>
>>92305156
What happen next?
>>
>>92298230
>Yes, I would like my Spider-Man movie to be a Spider-Man movie.

You should start by actually reading some Spider-Man comics and knowing that Peter doesn't meet Harry or MJ until he gets into college in the comic (he graduates high school in ASM #28, meets Harry in #31 and meets MJ in #42). So fuck off with this "not muh" bullshit. Your "muh" is just casual filth.
>>
>>92298611
>Death is too dark for a movie targeted at kids,

Even though, in the trailer, Vulture flat out talks about murdering people. You're doing some serious mental gymnastics, anon.
>>
>>92297989
MJ only became prominent in college together with Gwen. Holy crap.
>>
File: 1494519745927.jpg (32KB, 498x614px)
1494519745927.jpg
32KB, 498x614px
>>92298049
>Iron Man 3 did adequately
>making 4 times your cost is "adequate"
Also Spider-man iron man team up will sell stupid well regardless of quality. Unless they pull a BvS and even then that's going to be in the 800 million mark.
Film itself could be garbage obviously but it won't flop. More so when the competition is so weak.
>>
>>92309582
>>92309646
Keep it up Marvel shill, yes, I know you are the shameless samefag
>>
>>92305299
>Not that guy, but all that doesn't really matter when they're bound to get up and walk around like nothing happened a second later
Sorry, didn't realize you had seen the movie already.
>>
>>92309813
>Gets called out for being an obvious casual
>F-fuuuu! Quick, call 'em a shill! That'll show 'em!
>>
>>92309897
It's /tv/, anon. That kind of stuff is par for the course.
>>
>>92304707
Which I personally consider his trademark humor
>>
>>92305156
MADMAN
>>
>>92297989
>MJ isn't in it
I thought she was a nigger in it?
Wait why the fuck not?
>>
>>92310408
>I thought she was a nigger in it?
>being this gullible

Not everything you read on clickbait sites is true, anon.

>Wait why the fuck not?
See above. Its talked about in the movie, just not shown.

Keep up.
>>
>>92298162
Isn't that the question of the day?
>>
File: IMG_1614.jpg (36KB, 500x333px)
IMG_1614.jpg
36KB, 500x333px
>>92310469
I read it here though
>>
>>92310573
>4chan
>not a clickbait site for clickbait threads filled with clickbait posts
>>
>>92310573
And there are a lot of shitposters and filthy casuals in this thread. Stop being so fucking dense.
>>
>>92307739

Daily Bulge?

I'll take 2 copies
>>
>>92310573
It's not MJ, it's Liz. You know, the girl that actually went to high school with Peter?
>>
They should've made Peter a cheecky breeki who sneaks int Avengers HQ and steals some tech to make his own suit.

Iron-Man finds out and pursues Peter, they fight, Iron-Man sees potential in him and ket's him keep the suit.

At this point Stark is fucking Don Corleone of MCU.
>>
>>92298454
MY BALLOON!
>>
>>92298611
you fucking queers. you all bitch about constant origin stories, then when you dont get it you continue to bitch. fuck all of you. i hope we see old fart die in every single fucking spider man movie ever made.

same for batman, i want to see joe chill skull fuck bruces parent in every mother fucking MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!rreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeE!
>>
>>92310628
I don't know what's worse.
Going to school with the wrong girls but they are the right race or going to school with the right girl but she is the wrong race.

Actually you know what is worse than either of them? Flash being a scrawny poo in loo.
>>
>>92310726
I really don't care. Trailers look fine to me and Peter is the right race, so I'm good.
>>
>>92297989
>Far more reliant on tech than the comic it's based off of.
Read current Spiderman comics bruh.
>>
>>92310799
They aren't about teenage Peter they are about billionaire adult Peter
>>
>>92310817
Yes but anon

S Y N E R G Y
>>
>>92310726
>Going to school with the wrong girls
>being this casual

See: >>92309582
Gwen also shows up in ASM #31.

What love interest do we have in Homecoming? Liz Allen. What issue does she show up? Amazing Fantasy #15, the literal first appearance of Spider-Man.
>>
File: 1494492280858.jpg (656KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494492280858.jpg
656KB, 711x1080px
are you guys ready?
>>
File: IMG_0170.jpg (124KB, 531x709px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0170.jpg
124KB, 531x709px
REEEEEEEEE NOT MUH ORIGINAL COVER!
>>
File: Iron Spider.jpg (442KB, 1032x1599px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Spider.jpg
442KB, 1032x1599px
>>92310799
They don't need to read the current comics. They need to read Peter's story in Civil War. His suit right now is obviously an adaptation of the Iron Spider suit, complete with glide-enabling webpits and other cool, high tech features.

It's almost like the significance of Peter losing the Tony suit in the movie and then going to fight Vulture in his own suit is lost on them. In the Civil War comics, the Iron Spider suit was pretty much a symbol of Peter being Tony's bitch. When Peter rebelled against Tony he lost the suit, and then went back to his classic red and blue. Somebody (I think Luke Cage) commented on it, saying that it felt right. In the movie it seems like Peter goes back to his own suit to fight Vulture because he wants to be a hero no matter what Tony says he can or can't do.

Tl;dr they adapted Peter's rebellion against Tony from Civil War.

To be fair he'll probably get the Tony suit back.
>>
>>92310943
That would be a top-tier suit if it wasn't for those unnecessary black lines on the blue parts. It just clutters it up.
>>
>>92308008
Saul? Saul Spiderman!
>>
>>92310943
>no dude being rescued
what's the fucking point?
>>
>>92308123

Punisher killed him
>>
File: 848.gif (467KB, 606x423px) Image search: [Google]
848.gif
467KB, 606x423px
>>92297989
>"i wish sony would give the rights back to marvel so we can have a GOOD spiderman movie"

>homecoming announced with direct oversight from marvel

>"this movie is gonna be terrible"
>>
>>92297989
>>MJ isn't in it
MJ didn't show up until later in the comics though.
>>
>>92308123
Daredevil came in and got Punisher to stay focused on the task if I remember correctly.
>>
>>92309582
Nigga, the amount of time Peter spent in highschool and the amount of shit that happened during those years can not constitute enough for a movie unless you would pull the ridiculous stories, like Peter boxing Flash.

Also, it's much better than making up characters for the movie.
>>
>>92297989
Honestly though, I dont feel like any of the spiderman movies have been an accurate representation of what spiderman depicts to 99% of his fans and this movie will continue the trend

Even though I like batman much more, I think Spiderman is the actual "realistic" superhero character. Sure, he has ridiculous superpowers but when you look past the ridiculous premise, its incredible what theyve done with him. It gives off the vibe of a real teenager/ young adult struggling with his real life and being spiderman in a way that capeshit doesnt usually care about

the movies are always too reliant on being extremely high tech and flashy, putting the stakes very high too early (see shit like doc ock and the whole train deal) and just making spiderman plain unrelatable and separated from what makes him spiderman. Part of the problem is wanting to force his origin story in every time so im glad theyre atleast ignoring that this time
>>
>>92309646
They say it right there in the article. Holy shit, how can you be so naive.
>>
>>92311540
>Nigga, the amount of time Peter spent in highschool and the amount of shit that happened during those years can not constitute enough for a movie

Said like a true casual. Thanks for admitting you've never read those first 28 issues of ASM.
>>
>>92311568
No, they fucking don't. They say they will reference Uncle Ben's death in dialogue, but not show it. Stop being a dense piece of shit.
>>
>>92311561
>spiderman
>>
>>92310469
>Its talked about in the movie, just not shown.

No, they're not even talking about it. They're /implying/ it happened.
>>
>>92310628
No it's not, she's playing an OC called Michelle.
>>
>>92311603
What the fuck do you think "implying it happened" means?
>>
>>92310706
There is a difference between showing the origin story and flat out ignoring that it even happened.
>>
>>92310799
>Full grown adult Peter uses tech now in an arc that's universally hated!
>>
>>92311640
>and flat out ignoring that it even happened

Except, you know, they're not. They've already referenced it in Civil War and will likely continue to do so in Homecoming, you dumb mongoloid.
>>
>>92311577
Have you? If they're ignoring the fact that Peter had to work to support his elderly Aunt because of some tonal shit then you basically can omit the entirety of his highschool year since that was the bulk of the plot.
>>
>>92311568
No, they don't. What they say is that they don't want to cast Uncle Ben's shadow over the movie because it would clash with the tone they want.

If death is too dark for the movie then Vulture wouldn't be delivering explicit death threats.
>>
>>92311591
>I mean, we’re implying he’s dead....But we, just again, we thought that to keep this fun, light tone, as soon as they have to have their, like, ‘Let’s remember our dearly departed father figure’...what we’re trying to tell is this sort of fun story of the kid who is doing all the wrong things for the right reasons. And once you do that, it stops becoming a sort of sun movie about a kid trying to be a kid.
>>
>>92311628
Have you ever seen Spider-Man TAS?
>>
>>92301667
They had a mind controlled super soldier beat an old couple to death as a major plot point of a recent movie, anon.
>>
>>92311749
You mean, the one where he constantly talks about the lessons Uncle Ben taught him and how he wishes Uncle Ben hadn't died in dialogue?
>>
>>92311687
Referenced it as in saying.

>When you don't do anything with your powers people get hurt.

They simply implying something bad happened, not that his Uncle died.
>>
>>92298454
If I flip Mr. Aziz the Pizzas will flip out
>>
>>92311776
Because the studio knows that you know e-x-a-c-t-l-y what they're talking about. Everyone knows Peter's origin at this point. Or are you too fucking stupid to pick up on queues and have to have every plot detail spelled out for you through obnoxious exposition?
>>
File: w58.jpg (11KB, 111x314px) Image search: [Google]
w58.jpg
11KB, 111x314px
>>92311804
>are you too fucking stupid to pick up on queues and have to have every plot detail spelled out for you through obnoxious exposition?
>>
>>92311776
Except it's obviously about Uncle Ben's death, retard. Do you need it spelled out for you? Or is Peter saying that he chose to be a hero because he didn't want to let bad things happen through his inaction not clear enough for you?

Uncle Ben is dead. They've confirmed it in the same article that moron is whining about. It happened because of Peter. His line from Civil War strongly implied that, basically being a paraphrase of his most famous line.

Man, a thick skull and an uncontrollable compulsion to bitch. You really drew the short straw, huh?
>>
>>92311657
doesn't actually matter if its hated its current canon and they want the movies and comics to be thematically married for SYNERGY
>>
My big fear is that this series will be about Pete's wanting fame and glory and not being driven by guilt. I wouldn't be shocked if every Spider-Man film from here on out is him teaming up with another hero.
>>
File: 1490707212708.jpg (227KB, 1911x791px) Image search: [Google]
1490707212708.jpg
227KB, 1911x791px
Would you, /co/?
>>
>>92304971
But we got that in amazing Spider-Man and people bitched that he was a bully. Say what you will about the asm films, but Garfield played an amazing (hahaha I'm so fucking hilarious) Spidey and his interactions in costume were fucking on point.
>>
>>92312156
A threesome with both of them? Yes.
>>
>>92312067
Would it honestly be that bad to have a Spider-Man team up film series though? That could honestly turn out to be really fucking cool.
>>
>>92297989
It'll be the worst Spider-Man movie yet but it wuill be the one to recieve the best reviews.

SCREENCAP THIS
>>
>>92312921
But that's retarded, both because it's already obvious at this point that it will at least be a more competent film than Spider-Man 3 and amazing Spider-Man 2, and because it's highly unlikely to get better reviews than Spider-Man 2 just on account of "not muhs" alone.
>>
>>92310549
Underrated
>>
>>92310799
>Read worst Spider-Man since OMD as a reference for a movie adapting his high school year comic from 50 years ago, BRUH
>>
>>92310943
He should be holding Tony Stark
>>
I couldn't possibly care less that this new film isn't retreading all the same beats that have been covered by the other series. The only thing I keep hoping will be brought back is JK Simmons as JJJ. Just have him comment at some point that he's having deja vu and move on.
>>
>>92311351
When people say "Give the rights back!", they're just saying "We think Marvel will make Spider-Man good and treat it with care!". If the movie looks bad, then people will call it out as bad, not just stay silent cause "muh Marvel Studios" is making it
>>
>>92312906
I'm half and half. On one hand, it is cool, on the other, it would mean that Spider-Man's franchise is the bottom bitch of the MCU.

It would make Spider-Man the Avengers' Robin if he keeps needing to be bailed out on all his adventures.
>>
>>92312712
The ASM movies were terrible and didn't know how to integrate Peter's humor into his fights. They turned
>Peter bants while fighting the baddie
In
>Peter stops dead in his tracks to make a short stand up comedy scene
In the first movie he ccc wastes half an hour mocking that single car thief like anyone gives a fuck
In 2 he's sitting on Thino's truck while he's ACTIVELY DESTROYING ANYTHING IN HIS WAY. The guy is making cars blow up left and right but Spiderman doesn't act on it until he has to specifically save Dillon because plot. So yeah, TASM Spiderman comes off as a literal useless moron
>>
>>92313124
Marvel Studios dindu noffin
>>
>>92311628
This shit from Civil War
>"When bad stuff happens, and you have good stuff, then you have to stop bad stuff or the bad stuff is your fault"
>>
>>92313166
Wew, so many mistypes. I obviously meant Rhino's truck
>>
>>92313133
Team up doesn't have to mean Spidey getting bailed out though, it can just mean Spidey getting around and getting mixed up in all kinds of shit he had no business with just like he's always done.

Plus imagine, we could get a Spider-Man/Ant Man crossover. Paul Rudd would be great in a situation like that.
>>
>>92298015

Hollywood producers are a triumph of cocaine and confidence over lack of talent.

They're survivors of the random culling of their rivals, leading them to mistakenly believe that they are special.
>>
File: 148948962871.png (172KB, 539x779px) Image search: [Google]
148948962871.png
172KB, 539x779px
>>92310573
switch r9k out with 4chan and that sums up everything posted here
>>
>>92313124
>When people say "Give the rights back!", they're just saying "We think Marvel will make Spider-Man good and treat it with care!".

not really it just means "we want spiderman in avengers" or in the case of the FF or Xmen it means "i wish FOX would give back the rights so marvel would stop burying the IPs"

other than that what you said still doesn't change the fact that a marvel helmed spiderman movie was what most of these people asked for and they got it
>>
>>92298049
No way it's gonna flop. At worst, it'll disappoint the same way BvS did, but even that is highly unlikely.
>>
>>92297989
The point is he's naive and needs to learn
You can't have an overpowered Spider-Man, he's just a kid and needs to learn to be a real hero instead of blindly relying on his abilities
>>
If there's a silver lining, it's that once this Spider-Man gets out of High School, we'll finally be done with High School Spider-Man for good.
>>92301265
I expected cringe, and I got cringe.
>>
>>92297989
Good
We don't need another rehash origin story
>>
>>92305453
Hate to tell this guy, but I was in an American high school not too long ago, and bullying is very much still a thing.
>>
>>92298011
"Face *Buuurp* it tiger. You hit the bisexual jackpot. Now move over so that I can hit on that fiiine hunny over there"
please just be that random chick in school.. please
>>
File: DF-11029.jpg (453KB, 1067x1600px)
DF-11029.jpg
453KB, 1067x1600px
Guise! GUISE! She's totally MJ! El Mayimbe, a known liar, shitposted about it in a clickbait article! It must be true! See, everything about this photo screams "Mary Jane!", right?
>>
>>92297989
>supporting cast gone
Yes, like in all the movies so far.

Raimi-Man had MJ and Harry and like two scenes of Flash.

Webb-Man had Gwen and Harry.

This one will have Ned, Flash, whoever the Mexican girl is, and likely more in the sequels.

>MJ and Harry won't be in a HS Spider-Man movie
So just like in the comics, dope.

You clearly have never read a Spider-Man comic in your life.
>>
>>92316909
that is one surprisingly long neck
>>
>>92316909
Well, she does look like a pothead. And by that I mean her mother probabaly bashed her face with a pot
>>
>>92316909
>María Juana
>>
>>92298611
The Peter everyone knows and loves was a kid for all of one issue. I blame Ultimate Spider-man for making everyone believe that his golden years were his super cooky high school fun times! Not that Marvel is even worth reading or watching anymore.
>>
>>92312977
>it's already obvious at this point that it will at least be a more competent film than Spider-Man 3 and amazing Spider-Man 2

I don't know, it's looking to be worse than those from here. In fact, it looks like they didn't learn anything from their past mistakes with those two movies.
>>
File: 348.jpg (397KB, 1000x759px) Image search: [Google]
348.jpg
397KB, 1000x759px
>>92313166
Seems pretty in character to me.
>>
The EU really needs to start up their movie scene because this c*pe flood is never going to end apparently
>>
>>92317150
616 highschool Peter was fucking dark and more well done than that crap Bendis put out, which was basically just "Spider-Man's best hits" but worse than the originals.
>>
>>92316990
>Raimi-Man had MJ and Harry and like two scenes of Flash.

Both of them are major characters who play important roles in the mythos.

>Webb-Man had Gwen and Harry.

Which was setting up for MJ.

>This one will have Ned, Flash, whoever the Mexican girl is, and likely more in the sequels.

Who are completely unrecognizable from their comic counterparts. Also, who fucking cares about Ned? We had the Ned Hobgoblin story (not that they're gonna do that since it's clearly Gank) and what else?

>So just like in the comics, dope.

There's not enough plot to the high school era Peter to constitute a movie if you're going to be ignoring the mature shit, like Peter having to pay for his aunt's medical bills.

Also, aren't they planning to do three movies with him in highschool? Fuck that noise.
>>
>>92313064
Jesus you guys are fucking stupid. That's not what I'm saying I'm saying they are making it more in line with current on goings.
Jesus you're autistic bruh.
>>
>>92320988
>Making it more in line with the current ongoing.

>Peter is a world famous CEO

>Has spaceships, cars, jets, and boats.

>He's basically Steve Jobs

>Still doesn't trust Iron Man after Civil War.

No anon, you're the autistic one.
>>
>>92321062
Says the man that is really upset that this movie doesn't line up 1 to 1 with comics written over 60 years ago.
>>
>>92321087
>doesn't line up 1 to 1 with comics written over 60 years ago.

Pretty sure people are upset because it's not even recognizable at this point.

But hey, thanks for the verification that your'e talking out of your ass.
>>
>>92321138
>Pretty sure people are upset because it's not even recognizable at this point.
Its a boy in a red suit with spider powers, in high school, whos a dork fighting crime. Its all you really need.
Did you get triggered at spiderman 2099 as well? Or Spidergirl? Noire? Any alternate take at the character up until this one? Probably not your just triggered its a marvel movie and are lashing out.
>>
>>92319287
That's Ultimate Spider-Man, fuckwit.
Totally different character.
>>
>>92321270
>Its all you really need.
Not him but no, it's all YOU really need.

Also, it's "Spider-Man 2099", "Spider-Girl"
and "noir".

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
File: GIF Animation (8641002).gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
GIF Animation (8641002).gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>92321344
So you are autistic.
>>
>>92321278
This is clearly based off Ultimate. dumbass. 616 teenage Peter never acted this autistic or went through similar problems. Hell, no version of 616 Peter is anything like the MCU Peter.
>>
>>92321391
So what?
>>
>>92321422
Autists should be forcibly removed from the gene pool and their opinions mean nothing. They cannot reason on the same level as a functional person and only exist to remind us god does not love his children.
>>
>>92321270
>Its a boy in a red suit with spider powers, in high school, whos a dork fighting crime. Its all you really need.

So you've never read a Spider-Man comic?

>Did you get triggered at spiderman 2099 as well?

Miguel is not Peter

>Or Spidergirl?

Mayday is not Peter.

>Noire?
It's not trying to be an adaptation.

>Probably not your just triggered its a marvel movie and are lashing out.

Defensive much? I don't give a shit that this is a Marvel movie, I care the movie looks like shit.
>>
>>92321421
Oh yeah, 1610 Peter went around sucking up to Tony after he made Ultron, fought in Civil War and made out with a black chick.
I do like how you're acting as if you know a single thing about Ultimate Spidey when you clearly don't.
>>
>>92321474
If you feel this way, why would you intentionally communicate with the autistic?
Why subject yourself to a website obviously filled with these people?
Doesn't that sound a little autistic?
>>
>>92321484
>It's not trying to be an adaptation.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm makes you think huh
>>
>>92321485
It's far closer to 1610 Peter than it is to 616 Peter "I'll give those jocks these glocks" Parker.
>>
>>92321567
Being "far closer to" is not the same as "clearly based off".
Try and keep your argument straight, casual.
>>
>>92321562
Yeah, because this one is claiming to be an adaptation.

Noire (along with your other picks) is completely incomparable to this since it's doing it's basically reminding you throughout the entire book that this Earth is nothing like 616. You're better off sourcing Ruins Peter.
>>
>>92321619
>Yeah, because this one is claiming to be an adaptation.
I need a source on this claim. If thats actually true then you will be correct and I'm sorry for wasting your time.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>92321616
>Posts picture of Ultimate Spider-Man as a counter argument.

>"Pffffttt, that doesn't count because it's not 616"

>"Movie is clearly closer to 1610 than 616"

>"Yeah?!? So what?!?"
>>
File: 1492181490984.jpg (166KB, 1280x438px) Image search: [Google]
1492181490984.jpg
166KB, 1280x438px
>>92321705
>>Posts picture of Ultimate Spider-Man as a counter argument.
>saying Ultimate Spider-Man is in character in reference to Amazing Spider-Man is a counter argument

nigga u dumb
>>
>>92299492
already said no daily bulge
>>
>>92321779
Wait a goddamn minuet, we we're talking about ASM, not Homecoming.

Yeah, that movie was clearly fucking based off Ultimate.

>Genetically modified spider

>Oscorp being behind all of Spider-Man baddies.

>Peter's parents were scientists.

>Peter Parker's more awkward than he is bitter.

>Ultimate origin Electro.

The only thing resembling 616 in the ASM movies were Gwen's death.
>>
Ctrl+F Daily Bulge, 12 matches. A start, but needs some work
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.