[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wonder Woman having the same problems as Man of Steel according

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

File: 1494540414283.png (1MB, 1616x854px)
1494540414283.png
1MB, 1616x854px
>Wonder Woman having the same problems as Man of Steel according to an insider who saw the movie
>now this

Is the DCEU dead?
>>
>>92297863
>Wonder Woman having the same problems as Man of Steel according to an insider who saw the movie

source?
>>
>>92298093
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/upcoming-movies/wonder-woman-a-disjointed-disaster-says-dc-insider/news-story/2d84d2c70aa8c4135b0149c63149a067
http://movieweb.com/wonder-woman-movie-
insider-review-disaster-mess/
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/wonder-woman/news/a804564/is-wonder-woman-another-mess-an-industry-insider-says-so/
>>
>>92297863
>Is the DCEU dead?
No. You faggots are so eager you probably dug a hole for it in preparation.
>>
>>92297863

No.

Can't die if you were never alive.
>>
>>92297863
>Superman shopped in
s-spoilers, desu?
>>
>>92298152
>that old shit that could be false

eh, thought it was something new
>>
>>92298152
To play devils advocate of sorts, these are old articles, they could have fixed some issues between then and now, maybe. I'm not sold on WW myself with the whole abandoning Earth when nuclear annihilation was possible and not helping with women's rights in America and such, but they may be able to address weird shit in a way I can't foresee.
>>
>>92298152
That's old. If you want something new check the box office theory forum. Two legit guys saw it and said it was pretty close to a mess and all over the place. That and Wb breaking their own embargo with a review from a brit tabloid in a poster. Fuck them seriously.
>>
>>92297863
No, not dead.
WB's thrown too much money into it, and it's made enough money back to justify it's existence. Critics may not like it, comics readers might hate it, but as long as enough casuals see it to make up it's costs it will exist.
Think of it like how Marvel Comids treats it's readers; it's abusive towards them and has admitted trying to make them angry and upset, but ultimately this means nothing in the long run and the company still exists.

There is no "magic bullet" that kills corporations as long as they have money.
>>
>>92298374
If Justice League bombs I figure they'll just make some more Batman movies and quietly sulk away from the other DC superheroes.
>>
>>92298363
I remember seeing that and holy shit if they truly used a review from that tabloid (wasn't it the Sun or Daily Express?) it does reek more desperation than when Snyder decided to suck Turkish Airlines' dick in a promo.
>>
>>92298459
Fucking daily star, mate.
>>
>>92298459
Those BvS Turkish Airline commercials were the weirdest fucking things. I've never flown on Turkish Airlines in my life. I don't think I even flew on them the one time I actually went to Turkey. What a strange sponsor.
>>
I really enjoy dcu movies and hope they never give in to marvel style of superhero movies even if marvel is better at movies it feels like we have a wider range for enjoyment
>>
>>92298363
>Two fat fucks nobody has ever heard of in a forum nobody knows said something I want to believe

So credible.
>>
>>92298363
They said they think people will regard it as the best DCEU movie and around 50-60% on RT, so this shit will probably be like Man of Steel all over again
>>
>>92298574
They branched out with pseudo political thriller, heist, space opera. DC should have done a Batman detective mystery, I mean for fucks sake they stand for Detective Comics because of him, the "World's Greatest Detective." Which should have had him meet Clark in "World's Finest."
I get the impression they're going with pure action on Bats's solo movie because people claimed his fights were so spectacular, they were too comical in my opinion, and not in a good way.
>>
>>92298869

>They branched out with pseudo political thriller, heist, space opera.

They really didn't.
>>
>>92298869
Which one was the space opera?
>>
>>92297863
What's this? Which actor? Any proof?
>>
>>92297863
Maybe. But the comics are still miles ahead of anything published by Marvel and it had the best superhero animation.
>>
>>92299062
If the pic in the Wonder Woman thread is any indiation it was Martha
>>
>>92297863
God I wish but no the only way DC can die is if WB dies

please please PLEASE kill WB AT&T
>>
>>92299150
Hah you're right. Looks like we found the REAL villain of the DCEU.
>>
>>92297863
I feel sorry for Chris Pine desu. He is too good to be in this mess.
>>
>>92301012
he dies in the movie so he's free to join the winning team
>>
>>92301123
Some reddit nigger said the final scene is Diana at the Louvre looking at a guy that looks exactly like Steve...
>>
Being a DC fan is suffering.

when the biggest hit of your Cinematic universe is Suicide Squad, that says something about you.
>>
>>92299057
Probably the one that took place in space.
I think it was called Ant Man or something.
>>
>>92301123
>free to join the winning team
>implying

Their quota of Chrises is already filled. Also Steve (or at least his latest incarnation in the latest WW origin story relaunch set on WW2) is clearly modeled after Chrevans so this just reeks desperation on DC's behalf.
>>
>>92301123
Johnny Storm confirmed, shame Evans Cap will probably die in IW2 so we won't see them interact.
>>
>>92298401
>WB execs will think there's no interest in DC properties that aren't Batman

I don't hate them as much as Sony but damn it's close.
>>
>>92299366
She's hot af, though.
>>
Darkseid reveals his true name is Martha.
>>
>>92301221
I can't wait for Sebastian Stan's Buckycap tbqh.
>>
>>92301299
>Superman and Batman can't fight him anymore.
>>
>>92301299
Nah, one of the motherboxes is named Martha
>>
>>92301227
Why? They're WAY worse
>>
>>92301227
And that's why Feige was fucking smart. Because he started with Hulk and Iron Man (two of the more well known characters within Marvel discourse) and from there the MCU began to branch off and allow the introduction of obscure as fuck characters such as the Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant Man.
>>
>>92301499
I still think Marvel benefited in the long run from having the X-Men and Spider-Man licenses out of their reach. They had to go dumpster diving for heroes and it resulted in movies that otherwise wouldn't have been made while WB's trapped in the cycle of "let's put some Batman in everything to make sure it's always a hit."
>>
>>92299366
Which Martha?
>>92301236
Not helping
>>
File: DC.png (357KB, 643x560px) Image search: [Google]
DC.png
357KB, 643x560px
>>92301723
>>
>>92299062
supermans mom and if you watch the vid its less that 30 seconds and basically a joke. Its just fun to throw DCeu hate out of proportion just youtube it
>>
Wonder Woman will get a fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes because no one will dare to call a female-led movie bad in 2017.
>>
>>92303215
except for Resident Evil, Underworld, GitS, Snatched, The Circle, Unforgettable...
>>
>>92298869
>>92299057
I think JL will be the space opera and honestly im fine with that as long as its good but we will see ill save my judgements for when it out
>>
>>92297863
D*sney would certainly like you to think so.

Remember to sage blatant shill threads.
>>
>>92298363
>mess

I would believe you a lot more if all Marvel shills didn't use the exact same phrases every time.
>>
>>92301324
Buckycap and Falcon buddy movie is going to be awesome.
>>
>>92297863
Does this insider have a jewish last name by chance?
>>
File: 1350758389595.jpg (76KB, 331x336px) Image search: [Google]
1350758389595.jpg
76KB, 331x336px
>>92301339
>Marthabox
>>
File: 1340895510786.jpg (22KB, 215x202px) Image search: [Google]
1340895510786.jpg
22KB, 215x202px
>>92301182
>>
File: ww.jpg (78KB, 633x394px) Image search: [Google]
ww.jpg
78KB, 633x394px
>>92297863
>Is the DCEU dead?

Yes, yes it is. The only reason the Cap Marvel movie will make money is because of the unstoppable HYPE MACHINE behind it. Both companies fucked up by giving female superheroes their own movies, it's just that it won't hurt Marvel as much.
>>
>Its an "insider" thread

Oh do tell
>>
>>92301757
Diane Lane is too old to give a fuck any more, especially for a woman in Hollywood who isn't Meryl Streep. I honestly believe her on this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guVzIlpgSM4

Collider is now officially a shill channel
>>
Nah, Wonder Woman is the hit WB is expecting. The final nail in the coffin will be Justice League
>>
>>92306163
I could see that happening.
>WW is exciting, interesting, colorful(ish), funny, gets good reviews, and makes some money
>JL squanders all the good faith WW earned with a bleak, confusing, boring film, shit reviews, and shit money
>>
>>92297863
Beyond the Trailer talking about this $65 million debut.
https://youtu.be/677YUM8Fja8

it's only $10 million better than Divergent. DIVERGENT ffs. jesus.
>>
DC movies seem to have no respect for their characters. Superman is now a special kryptonian baby with all the dna of his people stored in him and wonderwoman is now some special god killer. They have these properties see other companies making money and no idea how to do it. The charwcters have stood the test of time
>>
>>92306078
>The only reason the Cap Marvel movie will make money is because of the unstoppable HYPE MACHINE behind it
So, in bizarro world you are not a retard and an autistic imbecile. got it
>>
When it gets its first sub $600 million grossing movie, maybe
>>
>>92306371
Wow, good arguments. You sure told me!
>>
>>92306275
When I said hit, I meant as in blow, as in expecting Wonder Woman to be shit but who cares Justice League is coming which will also suck
>>
>>92306277
>Beyond the Trailer
Oh, how is the "Big milk" conspiracy theory from homecoming these days
Gracie has nice tits, but she is as dumb as a bag of hair
>>
>Man of Steel
>soft reboot of Superman Returns directed by Brian Synger
>pretty much what Ang Lee's Hulk was to The Incredible Hulk
>try to launch their Expanded Cinematic Universe riding the coattails of Marvel's success
>Marvel had 5 movies leading to the Avengers
>DC/WB had three shit movie leading to the teaming up of the Justice League with no character development whatsoever for either Batman, Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg

And that's why Marvel is beating DC to dirt in their cinematic universe war. Instead of creating synergy and allowing the audiences to become familiar with the characters, DC just rushed in and created a mess rather than developing the characters. BvS would have had been much better with at least a couple of Superman-centric and Batman-centric movies.
>>
>>92301499
No casuals gave a shit about Iron Man when the movie came out and he had fuckall brand recognition outside of a Fox Kids cartoon nobody watched.
>>
>>92306291
>wonderwoman is now some special god killer.
Isn't that what Rucka made her?
>>
>>92301227
But there is no interest in DC properties that aren't Batman, history has shown this.

Maybe Flash is the exception right now, I'm not sure.
>>
>>92306424
Eh they knew him as the Batman with a mecha suit ripoff, and he's been famous for years just not on the level as the A listers.

His comics sucked, but people knew about him.
>>
>>92306460
>But there is no interest in DC properties that aren't Batman, history has shown this.
>Batman-related

People love the Bat villains.
>>
>>92306078
>>92306371
>>92306403
this argument is odd but he's got a point that the Disney/Marvel HYPTRAIN is unstoppable once it gets going ur almost forced on
>>
>>92306424
>no casuals gave a shit about Iron Man
>implying

But they did. It was RDJ's final opportunity to disassociate himself from his drug-addict days and to make it big in Hollywood. Moreover, it came after Incredible Hulk which already began to make us of the post-credit stingers and imply that this was Marvel's attempt at building something larger, namely, the Avengers.
>>
>>92306460

The funny thing is that the only reason people care about the Flash is because of the CW show. If DC actually made a good movie they could turn c and d tier characters into A-list characters.

/Sigh, what I'd give for a Booster Gold movie.
>>
>>92306423
>Instead of creating synergy and allowing the audiences to become familiar with the characters,
Here's the thing retard: DC had much better brand awareness than Marvel thanks to the cartoons. Everyone knows who Superman and Batman are. They didn't NEED to build every one up like Marvel did. However this backfired when they changed the character to go "dark" and "realistic" because all the JLU fags went not muh.
>>
>I'll never get an animal man movie

Sort of happy though with the way DC films are
>>
>>92306547
I'm glad you're happy, but not all of us are rooting against them.
>>
>>92306536
Marvel made good movies about shit like Ant Man and Guardians of the Galaxy because they didn't have any other major characters in their universe (X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spiderman until 2016) and had to make do with the shitty licenses they had left. Meanwhile, WB has licenses over all of DC properties and that's why it can allow itself to be more complacent. This leads to the quality of the scripts falling as the characters rely on their presence within the public's conscience rather than on world building.
>>
>>92306541
If they changed it to a more realistic setting in the first place it was because Marvel had already done so and it was working for them.
>>
>>92306423
>>pretty much what Ang Lee's Hulk was to The Incredible Hulk
DAMN... that far?
>>
>>92299062
>Any proof?
Man of Steel
BvS
Suicide Squad
>>
>>92301299
I saw that clip and the peach tea product placement was really annoying...
>>
File: 1436173271306.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1436173271306.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
>>92301616
This is... actually a really good point.
>>
File: max lord.jpg (22KB, 206x277px) Image search: [Google]
max lord.jpg
22KB, 206x277px
>>92297863
What problem? Great fight scenes?
>>
>>92306371
And remember, they BRIBE the critics on RT. Don't forget that!
>>
>>92306519
>it came after Incredible Hulk
Shut the fuck up you underaged moron. Iron Man was first. And Iron Man was definitely B-List and going into Comic-Con 2007 there was next to no buzz about it. All the other B-list hero movies like Ghost Rider, Daredevil, and FF were pretty mediocre. It's funny how clearly you can tell someone was a little kid when these movies were coming out to try and claim casuals really cared about Iron Man prior to the movie. For perspective in Marvel Ultimate Alliance which was released the year before the 4 main cut-scene characters were Captain America, Thor, Spider-Man, and Wolverine. And that was an attempt to give casuals a taste of Cap and Thor. They didn't even bother making Iron Man a focus at all. He was just another obscure choice.
>>
>>92301616
Plus it's made it so those other studios still draw general focus to the Marvel brand without Marvel having to put in the leg work.

Of course there are those now like /tv/ who try to sift and separate Marvel into Fox, Sony, Universal and Marvel Studios but it generally matters little to mainstream audiences I've found.

If you ask the average moviegoer Marvel or DC they're not splitting Marvel up into chunks. All the X-Men movies are still under Marvel as far as they figure even if they're not part of the MCU.
>>
>>92297863
>Is the DCEU dead?
Hopefully.

Maybe now (and especially after Justice League bombs) WB will realize it was a fucking terrible idea to put that hack Snyder in charge of the first ever DC connected cinematic universe.

I just fucking hope they get it right the next time.
>>
>>92301616
Marvel lucked the fuck out with Feige.

A top level Hollywood guy that also happens to be a huge Marvel fan (and I mean an actual reads comic fan not that "I'm a huge fan" that Snyder pulls) is a once in a generation get. Marvel fans should kiss his fucking feet.
>>
>>92308022
We do. I really wish DC found someone who knew their shit about movies and comics the way he does.
>>
>>92308022
I would guess their acquisition by Disney also helped when Feige had to fight with Perlmutter or whatever.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.