[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the consensus on this show, particularly in comparison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: TransformersPrime.jpg (158KB, 1024x640px)
TransformersPrime.jpg
158KB, 1024x640px
What was the consensus on this show, particularly in comparison with the other Transformers TV shows?

I thought it was pretty enjoyable. Loved the interactions between the Autobots and all the squabbling from the Decepticons. Is it agreed that this was at least decent?
>>
>>92297261
Animated was better in my opinion. But Prime had some good things.

>Megatron
>Steve Blum as Starscream
>Jeffery Combs as Ratchet
>Knockout

It also had some bad stuff.
>Managed to make Optimus Prime boring.
>>
It was fun, had some really interesting worldbuilding and reimaginings of characters, and a good amount of overarching plot. The mascot kids were fucking atrocious, though, even by mascot kid standards.
>>
>>92297261
First season was great and anything after was eh to bad. It also produced the most obnoxious tf fans since geewunners.
>>
>>92297261
Was okay. Human characters sucked as usual and I gave up on season three when they introduced the whole beast hunters gimmick and it felt like there was a mandate where they had to insert the words "beast hunters" at least once every episode regardless of the conversation.
>>
File: N.png (546KB, 717x569px) Image search: [Google]
N.png
546KB, 717x569px
>>92297490
>mfw the starscream fangirls who woobify him into megatron's abused wife are still infesting the fandom today
>>
>>92297352
Blum and Combs are my definitive Starscream and Ratchet voices.
>>
File: thundercracker enjoys some CBT.jpg (103KB, 557x428px) Image search: [Google]
thundercracker enjoys some CBT.jpg
103KB, 557x428px
>>92297526
>gave up on season 3
Me too. I only had to hear from a friend "Miko gets a robot suit and goes toe to toe with the decepticons" before I just skipped to the very end to see what happened.
>>
>>92297574
>>92297352
Really love Daran Norris (janitor from Ned's Declassified) as Knockout. Really wish he'd pop up in cartoons as often as possible, because it seems like outside of Butch Hartman's shows you really need to hunt for him.
>>
Started out good, but got worse towards the end and the ending was abysmal. Some of the characters were great, but not the kids, who got way too much screen time.

Wouldn't watch it again, unlike G1 or TFA.
>>
>>92297490
Muh tee eff pee fags who act like tfp is the only (good) tf show and ignore everything else are cancer.
>>
>>92297646
He was in an episode of Samurai Jack recently.

Darans one hell of a VA.
>>
>>92297646
Gotta love how KO was so popular he was airlifted along with Breakdown out of Aligned and resettled into IDW.
Norris' VA work really made that character shine.
>>
>>92297261
I enjoyed it though it got weak towards the end. The decepticon power plays really stole the show for me. The Autobots by comparison felt paint by numbers with the exception of Ratchet. The human characters were hit or miss for me. I like Fowler and the Darbys, but hated Miko.
I also felt like they wasted MECH, the shadowy human tech gang. It was nice to have a villain that wasn't always a Decepticon just to change things up for a bit
>>
>>92297261
Really loved the Grif/Simmons relationship Knockout and Starscream had together.
>>
>>92297974
Airachnid is also making the jump into IDW real soon.
>>
File: suffer.png (341KB, 556x561px) Image search: [Google]
suffer.png
341KB, 556x561px
Liked it a lot first watch-through. Watched it a second time and I realized how much I don't like Aligned Optimus. So essentially I ended up only rewatching episodes for the Decepticons. And Ratchet.

And no, really, I find that I loathe how Aligned Optimus is personality-less. And he's not a very good leader at all...

I was worried when they announced the return of Optimus to Robots in Disguise, and sadly my fears were justified.

I really want Hasbro to move away from Aligned or replace Optimus with another Prime.
>>
File: 1437535387122.jpg (12KB, 264x330px)
1437535387122.jpg
12KB, 264x330px
>>92297261
It's shit, jim
>straight up refused to tie in with the aligned content before it
>all kids except Jack were god awful mary sues
>Stormtrooper level of bad writing
>bumblebee can't talk meme
>every other episode is a scavenger hunt
>Optimus is an emotionless machine
>Autobots can survive the subzero temperatures of space, but they can die from arctic cold
It's only saving grace were the Decepticon-centered episodes
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.