[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>BATMAN #24 >APR170279 >(W) Tom King (A) Clay Mann

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 23

File: letsbedamagedtogetherforever.jpg (676KB, 688x1044px) Image search: [Google]
letsbedamagedtogetherforever.jpg
676KB, 688x1044px
>BATMAN #24
>APR170279

>(W) Tom King (A) Clay Mann (A/CA) David Finch, Danny Miki

>"Aftermath"! Gotham City is at peace...but a war is coming. Armed with the terrifying knowledge gained from the mysterious button, Batman prepares for the coming storm by making a proposition to one of his enemies-one that will change everything for the Dark Knight and his allies!

>RATED T
>In Shops: Jun 07, 2017

Oh geez... he's actually going to propose, isn't he? King's suicidal robotic excuse for a Batman is going to pop the question to his equally unstable waifu after his alt-verse Daddy told him to stop playing dress-up?
>>
Wait, is The Brave and the Mould issue #25?
>>
>>92289648
god no --------
>>
>>92289648
I dungeddit, what does this have to do with Watchmen?
>>
>>92289698
>>
DC will never let Batman be in a stable relationship or Catwoman reform.

Also, i hate Kings take on Batman and Catwoman despite liking both characters and the pairing.
>>
>>92289698
No, it's going to be 23.

There's a lot of sudden changes going with Batman since Rebirth started...
>>
>>92289698

It's #23. This is the updated solicit and cover for #24.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR170279
>>
>>92289698
Brave and the Mold is #23 with Gerads.
Aftermath is #24 with Finch.
War of Jokes and Riddles is #25 with Janin and
Davide Gianfelice (apparently an intermission with Kite Man).
>>
Damian you new mother is an ex prostitute lol,
>>
>>92289737
>DC will never let Batman be in a stable relationship or Catwoman reform.

Why not? Autistic alone Bruce isn't particularly interesting and doesn't lend itself to any real stories
>>
>>92289648
I doubt they'll ever let Batman be married.
>>
>>92289801
Is I thought the those origins were getting all twisted by manhattens meddling
>>
File: Based King.jpg (59KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
Based King.jpg
59KB, 500x473px
>>92289648
>>
>>92289814
>Why not? Autistic alone Bruce isn't particularly interesting and doesn't lend itself to any real stories
I do not want any marriage and tumblr drama with catwoman in my batbook.
>>
>>92289814

Because DC doesn't want Batman to find happiness. Happy Batman is too new and weird and normal Batman sells fine as it is.
>>
>>92289844
no In her bookware she is a prostitute for a guy
>>
File: C_j23tpUMAAckWD.jpg (350KB, 1200x927px) Image search: [Google]
C_j23tpUMAAckWD.jpg
350KB, 1200x927px
I recall King said the last page of Batman #24 is gonna blow up.

While a proposal makes sense, the hype would be much larger if Selina was pregnant with Helena.

Anyway, have a newly released page from next week's issue!
>>
>>92289921

Introducing Helena Wayne into the main continuity makes no sense. We already have a Huntress.
>>
>>92289921
I want dami and his bros in the book not Selina and bruce twilightshit.
>>
Well, I can't find a Tim Sale cover so I guess it's time to drop this refuse where it belongs?
>>
>>92289957
It's not like there is a rule saying we can't have multiple Huntresses running around
>>
>>92289921
Batman already has a kid hell, it's a miracle that Superman has one now so I doubt Batman will get another one.
>>
>>92290014

But why have two characters with the same MO running around? Batman cast is already bloated as it is.
>>
Why does everything need to be spider-man tier melodrama? Why can't Batman books go back to being street level crime pulp? That was when Batman was at his best.
>>
File: tenor.gif (2MB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
2MB, 400x298px
>>92289648
>Batman x Catwoman
>Written by King
Fucking hell
>>
>>92290014
But having her as baby means we'll have to endure a bunch of annoying baby drama or they come up with some convoluted way to age her up. Either way not something that would be all that very interesting
>>
>>92290119

Even as a baby or small kid Helena Wayne would be pointless since DC is already mining the fatherxkid melodrama with Batman and Damian.
>>
>>92290088
Many of us wish it would do that man. But organized crime isn't like it used to be. He'd be fighting cartels or street gangs which leads to him looking racist (I don't want to do a /pol/ thing, punching poor black people has been a bitching point on the blogs for years).

Everytime we have a "what do you want in batflecks movie" we get a bunch of "Can't we just say fuck it and have him back in the 40s fighting the mob with a noir atmosphere?"

We all want street level batman. But for some reasons it's either grim-batgod or silly adam west (as a lego) batman.

Both of which are cancer.
>>
Fuck YES.
I hope Bruce proposes and we get Helena Wayne.
Catwoman Batman -will they-wont they- thing is fucking ancient, and adds nothing to story because we know Selina never gonna betray Bruce, we know they are in love, we know selina never gonna kill anyone.
After the BatDad speec to Bruce, I say let both characters grow, let us have Batman/Catwoman book with Robins showing up.
There is so much potantial to this, and I hope they handle it well.
>>
>>92290486

Selina betrays Batman all the fucking time. What the hell are you talking about?

And Helena Wayne pretty much spells the death of Selina. Who wants this shit?
>>
>>92290534
>Helena Wayne and Damian Wayne shenanigans
>Damian gets to be a big brother
>Innocent baby girl who everyone wants to protect
I kinda want it.
>>
>>92290486
We already have TWO Wally Wests, you wanna have TWO Helenas who both Huntress? Also, if E2 Helena is still alive it's three.
>>
Did you even read the I am Suicide, I am Bane?
People get assblasted when they annaunced Selina to be a """"""murderer"""" of 270+ and """"""betraying"""" Bats to Bane and """"killing""""" punchee etc.

Let us have baby Helena for a year and let Selina do some cover up JL busniess or going patrols with Bats or secretly steal stuff. Face it Catwoman's thing is stale, we need her to be more. Having a kid and being a free spirit could be interesting for her character.
>>
>>92290689
One would be a baby, anon. You don't just pop out of a vagina ready to fight crime.
>>
>>92289737
>DC will never let Batman be in a stable relationship or Catwoman reform.
Pre-Crisis Earth 2 m8
>>
>>92289648
>>>>>>CLAY MANN
>>>>>>>>>>>>>CATWOMAN
HOEY SHIT MY DICK
>>
>>92290713
>>92290534
>>
>>92290713
Speaking of rehashing things, she's already been a mother.
>>
>>92290713
>Having a kid and being a free spirit could be interesting for her character.
But not for Batman. Having a baby with Catwoman? Who the hell needs this shit on prime-earth.
>>
>>92290781
>Why Bats want to have a baby and start a family with the love of his love with history of 75+ years (Bats remembers their first encaunter as that) After hearing his father telling him to be stop Batman and have a family.

I need that shit.
>>
>>92289821
And I doubted they'd ever let Damian stick around. Yet here we are.
>>
>>92290580
>Its and episode of Jason and Artemis babysit Helena, but Bizarro and Helena gets into all kinds of trouble!
>>
>>92290863
>Batman
>being with one woman
>being happy
>being happy family man
Disgusting. Where do you think we are? Golden age?
>>
>>92290580

Baby characters always end badly. Or the baby remain a baby forever, or the baby change age all the time - baby, kid, teen, baby, teen, kid -, or the baby get aged magically, or the baby dies a stupid death. Not to mention when the baby is given to adoption. It already happened twice in Batman books, one of them with Selina herself.

If Helena get to age to a kid you've the problem of having two kid characters - Helena and Damian - milking the same family drama: daddy doesn't love me, daddy loves me, i'm following daddy's footsteps, i'm not following mommy's footsteps, and so on.

If Helena age to adulthood you've the problem of having two Huntress running around milking the same angst-y drama: i need to avenge my family, Batman doesn't let me do what i want, i need to win Batman approval, i don't need Batman approval, and so on.

Not to mention that Helena Wayne pretty much puts a doomsday clock on Selina's head. Remember, Catwoman was chosen for Helena's mother originally because writers wanted a Bat-character with a tragic past but didn't want to off Batman. So the choice was between either killing Batwoman or Catwoman. Catwoman being a career criminal gave the edge on the drama by making Helena want to avenge her mother while at the same time fearing ending up as a criminal like her mother in her quest for revenge. So Helena in the main continuity would serve as an excuse for writers to eventually off Catwoman to create drama for Helena.
>>
>>92289648
>hooking up with Catwoman
>Not Zatanna
My ship always sinks....
>>
>>92290713

So let me get this...

You want Catwoman, an independent and free-spirit career criminal who always leave Batman guessing or eating the dust, to end up being reform and working for Batman and his superhero pals all because Batman managed to fuck her and pump a baby into her?

Yeah, i can see SJWs being thrilled by that.
>>
while I do like the thought of catwoman teasing damian
>call me mommy
and so on, no. No marriage shit. Asking her to move in the manor, would be okay though.
>>
>>92291052
>DC
>caring about sjw scum
>>
>>92291077
>while I do like the thought of catwoman teasing damian
Then I would hate her....
>>
>>92291104
Until like two years ago, DC was obsessed with diversity.

They probably have more gay/bi characters than Marvel. Hell, they did the minority legacy thing at least a decade before Marvel.
>>
>>92290983
OR let us see Helena growing up with diferent infuluences of Bat family and be her own character. Selina doesnt need to be at her side all the time when we have Alfred. Let her call on her parents bullshit after inevitable break up, she stays equally to her parents and becames their reason for Bats never locking up Selina and such...
She can go steal shit with her mother and go on patrols with her dad.

I am not the greatest story teller but both characters needs somewthing more on this reletaionship stuff.
>>
>>92289921

That portrait without Jason lol...Bruce is such a dick.
>>
>>92290739

You mean in the continuity where Catwoman was killed by her ex-henchman after being blackmailed into doing a job and where Batman as a depressed police commissionaire who didn't knew what to do with his vigilante daughter who was in search for revenge and that ended coming back as Batman one last time to an hero himself to help the JSoA?
>>
>>92291153
damian is best robin
>>
>>92291172
Well, sjw scum =/= more audience from minorities.
>>
>>92291052
No she would do because she loves Bruce and she is now a mother. That is stroing female to me.

Also who the fuck cares about sjw? I never heard them going after Lois or Mera, or hell Barda or Canary.
>>
>>92290863

>Catwoman
>love of his life
>>
>>92291184
He's never getting on that painting, even if they're on good terms.
>>
>>92291221

So why isn't Batman the one changing? Why should Catwoman be the one changing her ways for a man? Just because Batman wants and managed to impregnate her?
>>
What would induce the most autism here? Batman proposing and Selena accepting? If so, I want that to happen. Based King.
>>
>>92291184
It's the same portrait from Tomasi/Gleason Batman/Robin.
>>
>>92289648
>>92289821
>The Noodles are in the pot and they're boiling

80th Anniversary of Batman in 2019 along with Tec 1000 and the 80th Anniversary of Catwoman a year later, what's a bigger story or status quo change you can do to Bruce at this point.

Big Daddy Warner could be calling in audible
>>
>>92291276
Because she realized she needs to stop robbing people for fun now that she has a kid on the way. People do that. It's a much more logical progression than, "Batman abruptly becomes cool with crime."
>>
>>92291276
It's not for Bruce it's for the human growing within her.

Women change DRASTICALLY when they find out they are pregnant. Not many go the casey anthony route.
>>
>>92290713
Kill yourself.
>>
>>92291276
Bruce stops being Batman after the baby new and proposal. they go retirment but notreally by having bruce advise JL and Selina going out to steal stuff.They both know they still do this stuff and both are okay with it.
>>
>>92291184
He's legally dead and it will raise a lot of questions if he was included.
>>
>>92291363
no u
>>
>>92291363
There's really nothing in that post anyone can find offensive enough for a kys response lol

I don't see how that, of everything in this thread, is worthy of the poster offing themselves.
>>
>>92291350
>>92291353

You still have a woman changing her ways because of something a man did to her. Specially in the case of Catwoman who was always independent and free, who never let herself be caged or controlled by Batman, who always drove Batman crazy with her fiery nature and antics.

>>92291374

That's the only good scenario.
>>
>>92291410
>There's really nothing in that post anyone can find offensive enough for a kys response lol
>"""""""""""'"""""""""""""
>>
>>92289921
>>92289957
well at some point time is going to unfuck itself for everyone, and we're going left with what happened to Post Crisis Baby Helena, and DC can just Retcon Bruce as the father like he always should have been in the first place.

and Baby Helena will be old enough by 2020 to be a Robin in training, so she wont be a burden on the bat books.
>>
>>92289648
When I see bat and cat I have to laugh I can not see the love---Perhaps because they are so old,,
>>
File: edgy.jpg (266KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
266KB, 1024x768px
>>92291363
>>
File: 1428621148342.jpg (153KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
1428621148342.jpg
153KB, 500x545px
> people still hyped for tom king batman
> cat
> bat
> cat
> bat cat
> cat
>>
File: Dan Slott Makes A Video Game.gif (1MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
Dan Slott Makes A Video Game.gif
1MB, 426x240px
>>92291206
>Harper Row
>Duke
>Jessica Cruz
>Baz
>Justice League of China
>Catwoman is bi now
>Steel is dating Lana
>Blaqualad
>Cyborg is a founding member of the JLA now
>Black Wally
>Alan Scott is gay, Superman is black or Hawkgirl is latin on Earth-2

And thats just recently, not including stuff that Jim Lee said at the start of New 52, or what they did with JSA before so with characters like Jakeem Thunder or Jamie Reyes taking over Blue Beetle.

Anon, I hate to break this to you, but DC just isn't as in your face about it because they kept the originals around.
>>
>>92291465

Another fucking Robin?
>>
>>92289921
If Ace is current continuation where is my Titus/Ace shenanigans??
>>
>>92291227
Jezebel Jet fan please the adults are talking.
>>
>>92291455
>You still have a woman changing her ways because of something a man did to her.

Having consensual sex is not a man doing something to her you stupid slut. I recognize faggots like you don't understand biology but the chemical reactions a woman has to being pregnant effect their decision making.
>>
File: Urine.png (160KB, 264x254px) Image search: [Google]
Urine.png
160KB, 264x254px
>>92289648
>Tom King
>>
>>92291609
Damian has never really been Batman sidekick, he's his son he needs his own identity

Robin is a starting point for a character to become something better, Damian transcended that role long ago.
>>
>>92291667

Having sex is fine, since Catwoman is still very much herself. The problem is Catwoman becoming Batman's sidekick all because he's dicking her or because he put a child into her.

She can have a child for all i care, but she should remain a thief and shit. She shouldn't change her ways for Batman. But then that would ruin things for shippers that want Catwoman being a doting wife and mom who only leaves the Wayne Manor to help Batman and is a big mom to Damian because he lost his mommy and all the Robins and Batgirls are there, and Dick is fucking Jason because they're so in love with each other, and Tim brings Superboy home for family dinner and everything is cute and gay as fuck.
>>
>>92291756

Damian's still a Robin.
>>
>>92291305
At this point, anything King does will trigger the batfags
>>
>>92291756
Dami is Robin.
>>
>>92289921
If That happened I'd imagine Talia would try and murder the shit out of her she'd prob reach Morrison level of insanity be fun to read though
>>
>>92291777
But the anon you replied to even said she should still steal shit. She's selina.

If you jumped in on this thread late maybe you need to scroll up.

I'm not evena fucking shipper you stupid little girl. But a woman slowing down for a bit because she is pregnant/has given birth is better writing than "Fuck it, I'll do crazy shit anyway because who the fuck cares about a kid."
>>
>>92291756
>this triggers the autistic Robinfaggots and Damianfaggots
>>
>>92291880
Selinafag i hate her now good job.
>>
>>92291863

No, he's one of the many anons i'm arguing with that want Catwoman to reform.

You're also not getting my point. Either both Batman and Catwoman change or retire, or they don't at all. Having Catwoman reform to be Batman's sidekick is sexist as fuck. It would also destroy her character. All for shipping purpose. It's like Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy all over again.

Catwoman once got pregnant from a guy, she even named the baby Helena, but back then she gave the baby to adoption and continued being a thief. You can just repeat that stuff.
>>
File: 3160374-8132234209-tumbl.jpg (75KB, 444x700px) Image search: [Google]
3160374-8132234209-tumbl.jpg
75KB, 444x700px
>>92291863
>. But a woman slowing down for a bit because she is pregnant/has given birth is better writing than "Fuck it, I'll do crazy shit anyway because who the fuck cares about a kid."
Selena wasn't forced to put Helena up for adoption.t really changes your outlook on comics and all that you thought they represented…
>>
>>92291777
She can still steal stuff, and Bruce might be pay double to owners secretly.

Lois is loved by readers. She is a loving mom but fucks around with intergang to the point of almost getting Jon killed. Selina can do this knda stuff as well.

The thing is SelinaxBruce getting stale but its the best romance option for both characters. So do new stuff with them.There is amazing potential there. example>>92291855
>>
>>92291973
wow she is a cunt poor baby.
>>
>>92291939
>Catwoman once got pregnant from a guy, she even named the baby Helena, but back then she gave the baby to adoption and continued being a thief.

Why can't catwoman reach a point in life where, regardless of what a man is doing, she just wants to be a mother.

You honestly sound like the type of girl who thinks being homely and motherly is automatically wrong or counter- to what a woman should want. Why is it so bad for a grown woman to actually want to be a mother? Why can't she feel alone?
>>
>>92291976

>The thing is SelinaxBruce getting stale but its the best romance option for both characters

No it isn't. Batman is the type of character that shouldn't have romance. Only momentary tragic ones to accentuate his tragic nature. Catwoman is also a villain and a femme fatale. She shouldn't be a romantical character. She should be a double-timing bitch that ends up having a tragic end.

Writers in the past understood that.
>>
>>92291939
Being a mother is the most precious and honorable thing many cultures/religions, having a good writer to expand on this would be amazing.
But sjw culture rotting away minds as usual.
>>
>>92291973
The father is Slam Bradley’s son, who was a supporting character for twenty-ish issues before all this.
>>
>>92291989

>You honestly sound like the type of girl who thinks being homely and motherly is automatically wrong or counter- to what a woman should want

She can be a mother fine, but she should remain a fucking villain. You misunderstand my point. I don't care about the motherhood angle. I care about her character changing because of shipping bullshit.
>>
It should also be noted that "The War of Jokes and Riddles" begins with #25, and is a flashback story.

So if true #24 could very well end with a proposal cliffhanger, and then we go the next four/five months without finding out how that shitshow goes down.
>>
>>92291465
3 years old seems like perfect age to start training, yeah
>>
>>92292078

She can be a mother and remain who she is.
>>
>>92291803
He is more like Bruce son, so they only appear together in Superman family book
>>
>>92292117

The whole point of Selina's last pregnancy was that she couldn't be a mother and still be who she is, you idiot. She had to choose, and she chose being Catwoman over being a mother to Helena.
>>
>>92292135

Still a Robin.
>>
>>92292041
Fucking hell... Thats my point that story already done. Everyone loves edgy bruce i grew up ith it too but we need new stories to keep characters interesting.

Alternative is a black hole that swallows originalty
>>
>>92292140

Then she can do that choice all over again or make a new choice and try be both.

Spider-Woman kept fighting crime even with a giant belly full of spiders,
>>
>>92292135
Damian is Robin.
>>
I love BatCat so I welcome this.
>>
>>92292152

Batman and Catwoman marrying and having a daughter has already been done as well.
>>
>>92292146
Then Robin is not Batman sidekick aymore
He got [s]Lark[/s] now
>>
>>92292085
I don't misunderstand, you don't have a concrete point. You just don't want her to have a relationship it seems. Every comment you've made is in relation to bruce. And for some reason you think she's a legit villain instead of a person who steals shit. Which is why bruce doesn't see her as irredeemable or worthy of an insane asylum.

In comics being a fucking jewel thief isn't being a villain. And a thief that relies on her athleticism is going to be very bad at her job while pregnant and post pregnancy for at least a year. Unless she's one of those terrible mothers that doesn't breast feed.

But, what do you care, you just don't want your "strong woman" to act like a woman. You want her to be asexual, but hey give her a kid cause they're cool to have.
>>
>>92289858
That's when Talia rapes him again for a daughter, and he knocks up Barbara in a moment of weakness when Selina leaves him after finding out.
>>
>>92292140
>Women who have abortions in their 20s can never decide to be mothers

and you're trying to play the "why does the woman have to change for the man" card? Jesus you weirdos are broken.
>>
>>92289648
B's body there is really strange
>>
>>92292168
btw what happened to her baby? was the father revealed?
was it Carol?
>>
>>92292184
Like 30 years ago and in a alternative univers that no one cares.

Correct me if i am wrong.
>>
Where are the solicits REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>92292193

I never said i want Catwoman to be asexual, specially when her whole point is that she's a femme fatale and as such uses her sexuality, sensuality and charm as a weapon.

All i'm saying is that Catwoman reforming because of a relationship is a sexist thing and it is, specially when it comes to Batman. It means Batman won their cat-and-mouse game through dicking. He conquered and domesticated her.

Their whole thing can only end in tragedy or both retiring the cape and cowl. Writers in the past understood that. That's what happened in Earth-2. Even Nolan understood that, since that's what also happens in Dark Knight Rises.

Only retarded shippers want to see Catwoman as Batman's sidekick and as the Bat-Family big mom. As like many shippers they don't care about the female character, because they're self-inserting as the character. They don't care if that makes sense or not for the character. All they care about is to self-insert as Batman's doting wife and the mother of the Robins.
>>
>>92292267

Still happened.
>>
>>92292323
Did they do all the things i mentioned? Did they remain together to watch their daughter grow? Did Selina gone through full pregnancy and became a new person that sees world different as a mother?

Like a said potential is there. Just need a writer who can do justice.
>>
>>92292299
>All i'm saying is that Catwoman reforming because of a relationship is a sexist thing and it is, specially when it comes to Batman. It means Batman won their cat-and-mouse game through dicking. He conquered and domesticated her.
And?
>>
>>92292383

Pre-CoIE Earth-2 had both Batman and Catwoman changing and retiring to marry and later raise their daughter together. Later Selina was forced into pulling a robbery because of a blackmail and that ended with her death.

New 52 Earth-2 had both Batman and Catwoman as vigilantes raising their daughter who was their Robin.
>>
>>92292090
>Autistic Comic Time Theorist Mode ACTIVATED

I'm talking about if time is restored to everyone and the New 52 and Post Crisis histories are merged like in Superman, Baby Helena will be older when she appears again lets say in 2020 for Catwoman's 80th anniversary

since Baby Helena was born during Infinte Crisis + OYL time jump + the amount of time from that point to Flashpoint (at least a year for Countdown) + plus 3 years in universe the new 52 has been going on (Damian was 10 the the New52 started and had his 13th birthday alone in Rebirth special) + now until 2020

we can put Helena's age at around 7-9
>>
>>92292299

>Let's never explore new avenues in storytelling because a woman becoming a better person is sexist.

Shouldn't you be busy complaining about Batman's toxic masculinity in tumblr? It's pretty clear you don't give two shits about either character.
>>
>>92292152
> Bruce and Selina marrying
> Interesting
And I say this as a female who enjoys reading romance fiction.
>>
>>92292425

It shouldn't happen.

Catwoman's already neutered as it is since she isn't allowed to be a villain anymore due to the shipping potential with her and Batman. Her becoming a full-time side-kick would end up destroying her character entirely. She'd lose all her potential as a character - no more being used as antagonist, no more team-ups with the Sirens - and become another Robin/Batgirl/Bat-Something character in an already bloated cast. Writers already have trouble finding use for Blue Bird, Spoiler, Batwoman, Batwing, Lark and so on.
>>
>>92292490
Sounds like a disgruntled Batjokes shipper.
>>
>>92292507

Good, your opinion is safely disregardable.
>>
>>92292431
>Earth-2
Dude cmon. They done that in literally one page and rest was Helena and PG adventures through new52 earth. None of them effected the Bruce or Selina.
>>
>>92292512

Hey, at least the Joker doesn't have to end up living in the Manor because of his pregnancy.
>>
>>92292509
>Poison Ivy's already neutered as it is since she isn't allowed to be a villain anymore due to the shipping potential with her and Harley. Her becoming a full-time side-kick would end up destroying her character entirely. She'd lose all her potential as a character.
Fixed.
>>
>>92292383

>Like a said potential is there. Just need a writer who can do justice.

Same can be said of other ships. That doesn't mean any of them need to become canon, because there are a dozen shitty writers waiting in the wings with horrible stories to tell, and in the end you're boxed into a corner with no way out except a Faustian deal or a universe-rebooting event. And even then the taint will still be there, waiting for some future shitty writer to revive it because he loved it when it happened the first time.
>>
>>92292574
Then lets do "Catwoman betrays Batman but really" for the 10000000000000000th time. Because it might suck otherwise.
>>
>>92292541

Yeah. You're absolutely right about Poison Ivy. The whole shipping shit ruined the character.

The same, though, happened with Catwoman. Nowadays writers try to come up with justification even for her thievery. She doesn't steal from everyone because she likes shiny things and money, anymore. No, she steals from bad people that illegally bought or stole what she's after and she's only stealing so she can give it back to the rightful owners. Because if she was an unrepentant thief writers would have trouble justifying turning a blind-eye to her shenanigans. They also show her caring for orphans, because Batman's an orphan and he cares for orphans. Or her protecting the East Side's people as a vigilante, because Batman's a vigilante and he cares for people.

Her role as a villain and thief as been neutered the fuck. The last time they tried to mix things up with her becoming a mob leader the writer was still forced to show her as a altruist mobster who wanted to keep peace between the mob families and minimize the damage to innocent people.

So her becoming Batman's sidekick would be the last twist of the dagger.
>>
>>92292299
>I never said i want Catwoman to be asexual, specially when her whole point is that she's a femme fatale and as such uses her sexuality, sensuality and charm as a weapon.

You really are just a twelve year old girl, aren't you? Asexual doesn't mean she can't employ sexuality for gain.

>All i'm saying is that Catwoman reforming because of a relationship is a sexist thing and it is, specially when it comes to Batman. It means Batman won their cat-and-mouse game through dicking. He conquered and domesticated her.

And what you're saying is incorrect. It isn't for a relationship, it's for her child.

>Their whole thing can only end in tragedy or both retiring the cape and cowl. Writers in the past understood that. That's what happened in Earth-2. Even Nolan understood that, since that's what also happens in Dark Knight Rises.

Nice opinion. I disagree. I've been reading batman since I was a child.

>Only retarded shippers want to see Catwoman as Batman's sidekick and as the Bat-Family big mom. As like many shippers they don't care about the female character, because they're self-inserting as the character. They don't care if that makes sense or not for the character. All they care about is to self-insert as Batman's doting wife and the mother of the Robins.

I've already told you I'm not a shipper. And I have no want to see her in a bat-mommy role. But she should grow the fuck up and become a mother. Specifically because the previous time you're bitching about she clearly longed to be a mother.
>>
>>92292694

>And what you're saying is incorrect. It isn't for a relationship, it's for her child
>I've already told you I'm not a shipper

The child that is the product of shipping and all yo want to see is her as a doting wife and mom is which is more shipping bait.

Funny that the only one who should grow in you opinion is Catwoman, not Batman. Why Batman get to keep acting like a crazy vigilante, but Catwoman should reform and stay at home taking care of a baby?

If you truly believe your words you should team-up with the Damifags and complain about Bruce not taking Damian to the park or something.
>>
File: file.png (297KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
297KB, 658x370px
The only shipping shit that can work with Batman is if he began a relationship with another hero. This way both characters can marry, have kids and keep being a hero.

Say, a character like Batgirl would be perfect.
>>
>>92292688
But when was Catwoman was a legit villian? I always saw her as a playfull (and vengefull if somebody fucks with poeple Selina loves) adrenaline junkee thief that admires and loves Batman.

I think she should stay as a thief and adrenaline junkee. But she was never a twisted fucking psychopath people want to see her as.
>>
>>92292856
Hmm, you should explore that in a movie Bruce. Like an adoptation of Batman & Dracula.
first 60 min as character development and your story. We fill the rest.
>>
>>92292622

How about let's not do "Catwoman __________s Batman" anything for a good long while? Unless that phrase is "tries to kill" for daring to thwart her latest cat-themed heist?

But nooooooooooo, we can't have that! Catwoman is Batman's OTP. The Bat-autists and shippers would bitch and complain. "Why's there no Batman in this Catwoman story? There should be Batman in this Catwoman story!"
>>
>>92292860

Before the 80's she was a legit villain with henchman and shit. She'd fuck Batman shit up fierce whenever they crossed paths. She would sometimes also betray him badly.

Then Earth-2 shit started to influence things in the main continuity and you had some slight shipping between the two. Then the 80's reboot happened and you had Catwoman as a crazy anti-hero, then came Brubaker and she became a conflicted thief-slash-vigilante.
>>
Think of how many people this story could end up potentially triggering
>triggers Batautists who think Batman should always be alone
>triggers Selinafags who don't want this ship
>triggers shipperfags who ship Batman with any other characters like Talia, Diana, Zatanna, Joker
>triggers shipperfags who think Selina should get her own love interest
>triggers Damianfaggots who think their little snowflake is special
>triggers SJW because Selina should be strong womyn who needs no man
Holy fuck King, do this, I beg you. The salt potential here is incredible.
>>
>>92292783
No, that child is the product of sperm meeting egg.

>all yo want to see is her as a doting wife and mom is which is more shipping bait.

No. Telling bruce to fuck off and going off to steal shit and provide for the kid rather than have it's life ruined by its father would be a great story.

You, and unless you tell me I'm wrong I'll assume I've been right, are just a faggot as broad who seems to think women, specifically mothers, have to be stay at home.

And I think batman will and should change as well. He met his fucking father who told him to stop doing what he's doing.

The major problem here is you being obsessed with hating shippers for some reason and liking some demented version of a character you don't know a thing about.

again, because you're some stupid, slimy, slut who complains about self-inserts but goes ballistic about catwoman embracing the second half of her name.

And, even if I don't want it, why wouldn't catwoman becoming a doting wife and finding it unsatisfying be such a problem. Millions of mothers and women are left unfulfilled by their lives and husbands and are chained by children. Why can't selina face that reality for a year and say fuck that, I want to steal shit? (even if, in the end, it proves she's a terrible mother and selfish person).
>>
>>92292968

>No. Telling bruce to fuck off and going off to steal shit and provide for the kid rather than have it's life ruined by its father would be a great story

Then you agree with me and this discussion has been fucking pointless. Bravo.
>>
>>92292688

Catwoman as a character has thrived since becoming an anti-hero, and she's always been somewhat sympathetic with a soft-spot for Batman. Your argument really has no ground to stand on.
>>
>>92293007

>Catwoman as a character has thrived since becoming an anti-hero

She really hasn't.

There's a difference between having some neat comics because Ed Brubaker is writing the stories and the character being used well with the status quo shift.

Brubaker can make everything work.
>>
>>92292998
No, because that doesn't need to happen right away. And that isn't the only thing you were complaining about. You were complaining about her being a mother. A real one, not just a woman who had a kid slide out of her.

I still want Selina to change and grow the fuck up. because even though you're an underage girl you'll one day realize that being a woman isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>92292856
lol, tbph Batgirl needs a romantic tryst with anyone older she gets younger every year. being Supergirl's sidekick isn't good for her brand.
>>
>>92292299
It's not a sexist thing, it's a trope with male characters as well. It happens in real life too. Look at Johnny Cash.
>>
>>92293052

My complaint was about Catwoman having to change her ways because of a relationship or pregnancy. I told you many times i never cared about her being a mother, only about her having to reform. You agreed that a much better angle would be her keep her thieving ways even after becoming a mother.

So i'm right. I'm glad you finally could see the light.
>>
>>92293115

Did you use Johnny Cash and trope in the same sentence?
>>
>>92292926
Even tho i think BatmanXCatwoman OTP, i want proposal and Helena because i think both chracters need to grow.

Bruce just met his father who told him to stop and have a family.

Selina (Like i said milloin times) is getting boring. Being a mother would make her interesting.

This conversation gong in circles. If they(hopefully) decide to do it, i hope they do it right with lasting consequences.
>>
>>92293128
No, I want her to change. And the change should be because she was pregnant. And she should be less athletic, like mothers, and more lethargic. And she should stay at home and breastfeed. And she should consider never suiting up again because that's what a good mother would consider. And she should attempt to be with batman. Because she's grown attracted to him for more than the batcock. She loves him, whether you like her to be asexual (the real definition not your flawed one) and cold.

I want her to change completely. So if we agree, you're been lying for half the thread.

But I guess if it makes you feel better to agree with me, go ahead.
>>
>>92292950
Almost 40 years ago old man.
>>
>>92293218
And almost 30 years before the little girl you're responding to was born.
>>
>>92291201
>and that ended coming back as Batman one last time to an hero himself to help the JSoA?

You forgot that he also framed the JSA for a murder so that they would find the actual murderer.
>>
>>92293151
I prefaced it with saying that it happens in real life too. What's the problem?
>>
>>92293165

There's nothing new about this, though.

King is just redoing Morrison shit, the same as Snyder did.

Morrison used 52 and Final Crisis as a reason for Bruce to start be more of a family man. Snyder used Endgame used Death of the Family and Endgame for Bruce to be more normal. King is using "I Am Bane"and "The Button" for Bruce to be more of a family man.

Selina as well always have a crisis of faith driving her to be more of a altruistic person and to give her and Bruce a chance. It happened many times throughout her solo comics and a few in Batman arcs.
>>
>>92293040

You seem to be forgetting her in Moench's Batman. Also his Catwoman. Also Wein's Batman. Dini's 'Tec, GCS, and SoG. Valentine's Catwoman. Ostrander's Catwoman...I could go on, but you get the idea.
>>
>>92293310

Most of those were mediocre, like Valentine's Catwoman, where Selina couldn't even be a proper mob-boss. Or had Catwoman being nothing but a glorified love interest. Specially a damsel in distress, like in Dini's Tec run.
>>
>>92293310
Anon read some Catwoman stories from a top ten list off the mary sue and now thinks she's a pro.
>>
>>92293373
>>92293258

You're really paranoid about me being a female, huh? You being a man doesn't give you shitty arguments validation.
>>
>>92293209

And why Batman doesn't go through the same shit? Why only Catwoman?
>>
>>92293373

The top ten list is nothing but Catwoman being a neutered vigilante or showing up to be a love interest, though.
>>
>>92293450
don't worry they'll be Catwoman and Batman well after we're all dead, it's just fun speculation
>>
>>92289921
Based Alfred sweeping up Swamp Thing's droppings like it's just another day. Fingers crossed for Alfred/Swamp Thing conversation.
>>
>>92290983
>Baby characters always end badly.
And you lose an arm.
>>
>>92293450
We aren't talking about Bruce. That's why you aren't getting descriptions of Bruce lol.

I said he should change. That talking to the father you lost, who took your role and understands your pain, would change him.

Maybe he retires and tries to convince the rest to do so?

Also, catwoman would be doing the motherly/female things because she's the fucking woman.

>>92293398
Not paranoid. It just clearly informs your opinion. And it's not so much you being a girl as the stereotypical teenage girl who hates the idea of acting like an adult.
>>
>>92293479
I didn't know they actually had one lol. It was a safe assumption, I guess.
>>
>>92293362

Lmao okay buddy. Tell me, what are the great stories where Catwoman's a full-on villain? Even in the 40s she was kind of a harmless thief that Batman would always let escape.

>>92293373

Go ahead and try to find a list that mimics mine. Don't be salty that I've actually read pretty much the character's entire catalogue.
>>
>>92293704

But i don't hate acting like an adult. My only argument is that both characters should change, not only Catwoman. That only Catwoman changing is sexist. That's the extent of my argument.

If Catwoman is to change due to a relationship with Bruce and pregnancy, i'm fine with it as long as Bruce changes as well.

I say this because to me the fun about the two was always their tug-war to change each other. Batman trying to reform her, Catwoman trying to make him chill. So for me is wrong for only one to give up their tug-war.
>>
>>92293762

She doesn't need to kill to be a villain, specially before the 80's reboot. Just because she was a thief that doesn't mean she wasn't a villain. Batman also wouldn't just let her escape. She would escape by herself thanks to her guile.
>>
>>92293762
I agree with you anon. I never said you didn't read anon. If it was directed at you I would have green texted.

>>92293807
a combination of all sorts of bullshit. that has not been your argument with any form of consistency. It's bounced between selina shouldn't change to why should selina change if batman doesn't to neither should change in this very post.

You've shit on people for being shippers but then say you want a tug of war. Which is shipping. Just not wanting progression out of it.
>>
File: Batman disgusted.jpg (30KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
Batman disgusted.jpg
30KB, 650x433px
>>92289648
God I hope not, BatCat is so shit. Don't they know less is ,more? Batcat use to be good before DC tried making her Batman's "Lois lane" and made forced and cringey as fuck. Also not to mention pointless. Batman not having a "main" love interest works with his character. Then they are just going to make up some other bullshit to break them up after this arc.
>>
File: Catwoman-Zone-019.jpg (766KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
Catwoman-Zone-019.jpg
766KB, 1280x1968px
Billionaire Bruce Wayne's going to end up a millionaire by the end of this.
>>
>>92293949

No, my argument has always been that either none of them change or both of them change. That if Catwoman is the only one, then that's sexist bullshit.

That's it. I even referenced the times both retired.
>>
>>92294016
>You want Catwoman, an independent and free-spirit career criminal who always leave Batman guessing or eating the dust, to end up being reform and working for Batman and his superhero pals all because Batman managed to fuck her and pump a baby into her?

That has nothing to do with either changing or both changing. It's what you've been arguing whether you remember or not.
>>
>>92294074

That has everything to do with it. Batman can keep up being a vigilante if Catwoman has to stop being a thief. Catwoman changing her life to be his sidekick is sexist. Either both change or none of them do.
>>
Why are people assuming proposition means marriage proposal? And even though she's a criminal, I wouldn't call Catwoman an enemy of Batman.
>>
>>92294137
That is not what you said with, and yes I'll quote it again,

>You want Catwoman, an independent and free-spirit career criminal who always leave Batman guessing or eating the dust, to end up being reform and working for Batman and his superhero pals all because Batman managed to fuck her and pump a baby into her?
>>
>>92294236

It is.

People were arguing that she should change because of their relationship or pregnancy, citing her living in the Wayne Manor or teaming-up with Batman. That's what i'm against.

I don't see why Catwoman have to change while Batman don't. I pointed out why. Either both do or none of them do.
>>
>>92292955
>Please do stupid thing so we can have every comic website blow up with pointless arguments!

I fucking hate people like you.
>>
>>92294288
>People were arguing that she should change bec
No, the post you responded to actually simply said she should remain a free spirit but have a kid. To which you said the quote I've posted twice, which literally contradicted what anon said.
>>
File: i must put away....jpg (36KB, 280x275px) Image search: [Google]
i must put away....jpg
36KB, 280x275px
>>92289648
A better question is: who do you think is going to replace Batman? The writing is on the wall.
>introducing Gotham Girl as a replacement
>GG talking about Batman's death
>Batman having a kinda-sorta relationship with Selina
>his father talking about how he should put away his costume
I predict that the big Rebirth storyline is going to end with Batman either killed or retired (yes, I know that both Morrison and Snyder did it). Something major MUST happen, and Johns isn't a big Batman fan, so I could see him do it.
>>
File: is this a good death.png (736KB, 553x857px) Image search: [Google]
is this a good death.png
736KB, 553x857px
>>92295143
postin' some clues...
>>
When are we getting the solicits
>>
>>92295240
May 22nd I think
>>
File: as proud as i am.png (749KB, 555x860px) Image search: [Google]
as proud as i am.png
749KB, 555x860px
>>92295223
this is where we first see Batman getting doubts...
>>
File: the origin of gotham girl.jpg (334KB, 1308x907px) Image search: [Google]
the origin of gotham girl.jpg
334KB, 1308x907px
>>92295315
this speaks for itself...
>>
>>92295143
I've thought this for a while. It's not the most well-hidden idea so it kinda makes me think it's a red herring and something else will happen.
>>
>>92295143

>yes, I know that both Morrison and Snyder did it

King literally said that he's doing a Birth and Death of Batman story because it's an expected trope now and namechecked those two
>>
File: i swear by the spirits.jpg (102KB, 630x471px) Image search: [Google]
i swear by the spirits.jpg
102KB, 630x471px
>>92295365
Batman's mission started with the promise of a boy... but maybe it's time for the boy to grow up?
>>
File: freshprince.jpg (101KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
freshprince.jpg
101KB, 1536x1152px
>>92295143
Batman just came back from Gordon replacing him last year. Also Rebirth has been just pandering to pre-flashpoint. Bruce ain't going anywhere, anon.
>>
File: stop.jpg (248KB, 780x799px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
248KB, 780x799px
>>92295424
time to settle down?

>>92295419
oh... I missed that interview
>>
>>92295365
King literally said in a interview Batman would eventually die in his run He said he is following Morrison and Snyder and how both of their runs had a beginning, end and resurrection for the character.
>>
I dig it.
I want Damian and Cass to have a mommy.
I want to see how Selina and Lois will get along in Super Sons.
>>
File: chance of victory.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
chance of victory.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>92295475
so, how will Gotham Girl help achieve victory?
what can she do other than putting criminals back behind bars each time they escape?
>>
File: find happiness.jpg (42KB, 630x208px) Image search: [Google]
find happiness.jpg
42KB, 630x208px
>>92295609
and the final clue from the button...
>>
>>92289986
>damifag
You deserve everything that makes you upset.
>>
File: thomas_wayne_batman.png (1MB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
thomas_wayne_batman.png
1MB, 1000x1300px
Hey guys I'm from the future this is what happens
Batman marries Catwoman
Story arc of retired Batman
At the end of the arc Bruce, Damian and Selina go to the movies
They Walk to the car. Muggers attack them
They handle the muggers Until Joker comes out wanting his Batman back.
Shoots and kills Selina. Bruce Then becomes Batman and again but is now like his father and kills.
>>
>>92295419
>King literally said that he's doing a Birth and Death of Batman story because it's an expected trope now and namechecked those two
What a hack. "I'm going to recycle this story because it's expected."
>>
>>92295831
I can actually see this happen

>>92295842
>>92295402
>>
>>92295831
selina can't die
shot though, along with damian and leading bruce to flashback though

Mhmm, yes
>>
>>92291777
>nd Dick is fucking Jason because they're so in love with each other,

See this is how you gave away the fact that you're from tumblr.
>>
>>92292507
Let me guess, it isn't the pairing you want?
>>
>>92297384

It doesn't fit none of the characters.
>>
>>92295539
Lois helping a Pregnant Selina would be funny
>>
>>92297830

Why the fuck would Lois interact with a known criminal or much less help Selina?

See, this is shipping faggotry as it finest.
>>
File: batman-the-animated-series-3.jpg (303KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
batman-the-animated-series-3.jpg
303KB, 1680x1050px
Batman isn't allowed to be happy. Not forever, anyway.
>>
>>92297879
Bruce and Clark are friends
Damian and Jon are friends
they hang out at each others how
Lois serves pie
If Bruce and Selina get together and Selina is pregnant. Lois helping makes sense cause she had Jon
Retard
>>
>>92298045

Lois doesn't like Batman and Batman doesn't interact with Lois outside the costume. When he shows up, he shows up more as Batman to help Superman and the family on something. These moments are always dense. Batman showing up always mean something bad is about to happen.

So there's no reason for Lois to interact more with Batman or his extended family, much less a criminal, just because the creepy Batman has to fuck one.
>>
>>92291184
>Didn't even ask or tell him about it
being Jason is suffering
>>
>>92298045
I like that Batman family is the opposite of Clark's. He being a single dad fits their family dynamic and contrast against Clark's.
>>
>>92298045

Damian and John aren't really close. John hates Damian and doesn't understand why Damian's constantly appearing to drag him into some dangerous adventure where he'll end up in trouble with his parents.
>>
>>92289921
yooo where is this from?
>>
>>92299897
twitter filename
>>
>>92289648
While I would be completely okay with this to me it's been apparent King's run has been leading to Catwoman's death, Bruce retiring and Dickbats taking up the mantle.
>>
>>92299977
what did u mean by this? googled/looked it up on twitter but still nuthin
>>
>>92298045

Everything you just said still "is shipping faggotry at its finest." It is cutesy-wutesy, domestic bliss pandering to every fanfic reader or writer who squees with every "aww" moment. It is barely one step above the main character falling deeply in love with the OC self-insert.
>>
>>92300456
>autism
>>
>>92300502

>name-calling

A rebuttal worthy of /co/.
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.