[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he do so wrong to get an awful nu52 reboot and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: DC-Comic-48711.jpg (109KB, 390x550px) Image search: [Google]
DC-Comic-48711.jpg
109KB, 390x550px
What did he do so wrong to get an awful nu52 reboot and ignored in rebirth.
>>
>>92285100
Didio hates teenage boy Superheroes.
>>
>>92285100
Lobdell took a interest and the rest was history. Who knows tough, maybe lobdell can write the character better when he shows up in Rebirth like he did for the outlaws
>>
>>92285100
Absolutely nothing.
DC sent him into a downward spiral because they wanted more Batfamily boipussi.
>>
He is a character who was never well read by writers. His basic concept is a Marvel Character who is trying to be superman. But like a silver age marvel character. He could be compared to Early spider-man or human torch. Also losing the Jack Kirby lore built him around was a huge mistake .
>>
>>92285122
Based didio
>>
>>92285166
What Jack Kirby lore?
>>
>>92285122
So that's why we never see Enzo Matrix ever again
>>
File: I'm Just a Kid who Tried.jpg (512KB, 1440x2214px) Image search: [Google]
I'm Just a Kid who Tried.jpg
512KB, 1440x2214px
Kon has gone through so many drastically different stories over time I just think each iteration is a different Kon
>>
>>92285190
Cadmus in general , one of his first girlfriends was a female fury and I would not want to forget that his successor in the one million comic was Omac. There's more but he had a whole lot of Jack built into him.
>>
He was retconned out of continuity in Superman reborn
>>
>>92285100
I like his 90s look. Who's idea was it for him to just wear a boring black t shirt?
>>
>>92287159
oshit you're right
he got erased
i mean even more than he already was
>>
>>92288159
I'm torn, because I love the 90's look, but I also love the simple T-shirt and jeans.
>>
>>92287159
What
>>
>>92288189
>>92289036

In the flashback to the Death of Superman he wasn't shown.

I'm still thinking he, Dick, and Bart at least are held prisoner by Oz. Johns has gone out of his way to resurrect the Young Justice kids once or twice already. He ain't letting editorial destroy them as long as he has a say, and Rebirth is his say.
>>
>>92288159
>>92288349

The 90's look was dated when it came out. I'm for updating it, but I wonder how you would update it without creating a new, also instantly dated look.
>>
>>92289272
That's kinda the joke though, Connor is always trying to be hip and cool but misses the trend by a few decades
He may as well be a disco dancing leather fiend at this point
>>
>>92289311

He comes across as a bit too actually cool to be that much of a try hard. I don't know, I never saw it as a character trait. It was middle aged men creating a young hip hero.
>>
File: Kamille Thumbs Up.jpg (158KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kamille Thumbs Up.jpg
158KB, 1440x1080px
>>92289339
That's the same reason I like Kon. It's an endearing kind of retardation if you don't find it grating

>It was middle aged men creating a young hip hero
Exactly
>>
>>92289694
That's kinda exactly it.
I mean, "The Metropolis Kid"? "Don't Call Me Superboy".

It was so cheesily in your face that it becomes comfy.
>>
>>92289732
Kon has always been chasing a trend that's passe
He was the glassed suave when people are going through emo phase, he was emo when people are doing through the coldsteel phase, he was coldsteel when people are going through the social media phase
So expect Kon to be an Instagram star when he comes back, I guess
>>
>>92285100
they ruined him before the New52
muh jacket
muh sunglasses
>>
>>92289810
>expect Kon to be an Instagram star when he comes back, I guess
Well you've managed to persuade me that he's better off dead.
>>
PRIME

TIME
>>
what happened to new 52 Superboy and why can't they be friends
>>
>>92293475
He ded and then became silver surfer and then ded again
>>
>>92293500
so you're saying he was too good for this world
>>
File: Superboy's Two Dads.jpg (273KB, 1394x1924px) Image search: [Google]
Superboy's Two Dads.jpg
273KB, 1394x1924px
>>92293715
Of course
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.