[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: sdfwrwerqwe_8138.jpg (33KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
sdfwrwerqwe_8138.jpg
33KB, 300x246px
Thoughts on The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack? I've always really liked it, and thought it was underappreciated for its time. Along with Chowder it was the only thing that kept Cartoon Network watchable for quite a while. What did you think about it?
>>
>>92276689
Spoop cat
>>
>>92276689
I love it.

Also thanks for keeping me up with pic related.
>>
OP pic is entirely appropriate because Flapjack has moments that are legitimately terrifying, even if you're a grown-ass man.
>>
Mechanical Genie Island was probably one of my favorite episodes.
>Hahaha! No seriously, put them back.
>>
>>92276689
This cat never scared me. Even when I was younger I found it fucking hilarious.
One of the other cats in the episode did make me jump a little though
>>
>>92276689
>he missed flapjack threads when it was airing
>>
WESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST
>>
File: Caim Angelus 3.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Caim Angelus 3.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>92276689
Very good show, I thought /co/ liked it on the downlow.
>>
>...all your dreams will come true!
Even the scary ones?
>Ahahahahahaha!
>Y E S
>>
File: Sally_Syrup.jpg (15KB, 327x270px) Image search: [Google]
Sally_Syrup.jpg
15KB, 327x270px
>>92276689
When it was airing, /co/ used to have pretty good threads about it. It was fairly well liked, but it didn't leave a huge lasting impression on the board, I'm afraid. At least not at the level some other shows do. I think it was well liked, but maybe a little mindless overall. It adhered to the formats of cartoons in the past, being primarily episodic so you could slip in and out where ever when ever and wouldn't really miss anything. No over arching plot, like shows nowadays do. Some people probably like this even now, but it makes the show stick less, in my opinion. That and the dampened colors mixed with the tone and the art style kind of meant the show was fated to not pop quite so well and didn't translate to toys as good and didn't catch the attention of real kids as well. It was good and I really appreciated Flapjack, but it's not a show that's going to sit in peoples minds permanently forever. Also, the writing got really weird near the end.

Chowder was good for the start and then waned super hard really quickly. The first season or so wasn't too bad, but after a very short time it was like the meta jokes completely ripped the series wide the fuck open and all the quality spilled out. zero consistancy like halfway through the series. As I recall /co/ liked it near the start and hated it near the end. Maybe it was for the best? Maybe Chowder couldn't keep up any amount of interest for much longer than it did? But I had faith in it near the start that was shattered by the end.

If Flapjack more waifus we'ld probably hear more about it more often from /co/, sadly enough. But all we really got was candy wife. Sally doesn't count, you monster.
>>
File: bub.png (404KB, 595x337px) Image search: [Google]
bub.png
404KB, 595x337px
Rewatched a lot of it recently and it was really an excellent show. Handled its influences well, the humor was snappy, and the animation was consistently lively.

This shit killed me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.