[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUDE HE'S A G U Y BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO COOK, LIKE IT'S

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 33

File: The_Good_Lars_000.png (70KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
The_Good_Lars_000.png
70KB, 350x197px
DUDE

HE'S A G U Y BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO COOK, LIKE IT'S SOMETHING TO BE ASHAMED OF

LMAO
>>
>>92268654
Are you retarded?
>>
>>92268654
He just didn't want sadie to get any fatter from his cooking
>>
>>92268654
Why was Lars so damn OOC in that ep? I loved Lars before this
>>
>>92268830
How was he OOC?
>>
>when you use up an entire episode to say Lars likes cooking
>Given his personality it's easy to infer that he thinks it makes him look uncool or feminine
>but just to be safe we'll go ahead and spell it out for you
>>
>>92268872
Being nice to Steven and Sadie
>>
>>92268872
He's not OOC. He just found a new way to be a dick.
>>
>>92268654

this episode pissed me off like you wouldn't fucking believe

steven was the HEIGHT of mary sue in this episode and they played it off like Lars was an asshole for being mad that Steven took over his life and fucked around with his relationships

even if he DID improve shit with his family and friends, who the fuck would be happy with some obnoxious little kid making decisions for you without your consent? Like why was Lars as asshole for getting mad at Steven?

idk, it always bothered me
>>
>>92268881
SU has never been subtle.
>>
>>92268766
>Not wanting to force feed Sadie
>Making her extra THICC
His lose.
>>
>>92268943
Wrong episode retard.
>>
File: tumblr_o60a3oFymU1ttz1tco1_540.png (71KB, 502x604px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o60a3oFymU1ttz1tco1_540.png
71KB, 502x604px
>>92268928
>>92268956
It's loss
>>
>>92268943
Wrong ep. But yes, the ep you're talking about was some major bullshit.
>>
>>92268654
the cooking wasn't at all the point, his talent could have been anything they just happened to choose cooking, possibly because Lars being a good cook had come up on Island Adventure

The point was Lars has social anxiety issues and the self esteem issues, so he thinks anything he does isn't impressive and gets too scared to enter social situations even when he wants to
>>
>>92268912
He actually tried to be nice because he found out Steven literally became a more popular Lars
>>
>>92268830
Its character development.He's become slightly less of a jerk.

I felt bad for Lars because I went through something similar with my baking. For some reason people have a problem with guys knowing how to bake.

I'm not sure if the stigma against dudes baking is an American thing or something common all over the world.
>>
>>92269133
It's one of those weird things where guys who do it are seen as weird or girly UNTIL they become well known for it. No one would scoff at a renouned chef or fashion designer, but someone aspiring to be such? Gay.

That being said, with Lars it's obvious that even if it wasn't opening up about cooking, it would have been opening up in general. He can't ever be vulnerable to anyone without being anxious. It's why he takes back what he says to Sadie all the time even when he opens up to her. This episode could have him just bringing a CD for a music party and the result would be the same. Dude has no self-esteem or confidence in his identity. He just gets in his own way of having friends.
>>
>>92268830
The ep wasn't boarded by Raven and Paul unlike usual
>>
>>92269005
Its lost.
>>
File: monster-musume-key-art.jpg (143KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
monster-musume-key-art.jpg
143KB, 300x426px
Wait he can cook
>>
Has any guy in the history of ever been made fun of for knowing how to cook?

Seems like a made up stereotype.
>>
not this episode, but when he ran away from the yellow gem on the spaceship after being kidnapped (leaving Sadie defenseless)
god, what a piece of shit
>>
File: 1456813594157s.jpg (7KB, 209x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456813594157s.jpg
7KB, 209x250px
>>92268654
>people are still watching this show, even the shitty townie episodes
>>
>>92270133
He avoided getting murdered. You can't blame him.
>>
>>92268654
Knowing how to cook just shows that you love and appreciate good food, there's absolutely zero shame in it. Heck, the amount of world renowned male chefs outnumbers the female ones. I literally don't understand this at all.
>>
>>92268983
They both have similar titles, "retard."
>>
>>92270660
You're still wrong and you're the only person who was dumb enough to make that mistake.
>>
>>92270660
Do they?
>Lars for a Day
>The Good Lars
They don't. I will give you that The Good Lars is just as befitting as Lars for a Day. The Good Lars doesn't really mean anything unless it's a reference.
>>
>>92269773
No, he can't.

He follows the directions on a store bought box
>>
File: two beachapaloozas ago.png (168KB, 638x358px) Image search: [Google]
two beachapaloozas ago.png
168KB, 638x358px
>>92268654
Yeah this episode was weird. I feel like when Lars said cooking is lame what he really meant was cooking is gay. I feel like that stigma has more or less dissolved, and even if your initial reaction is "Ha, fag" a moment of thought will enlighten you to the fact that knowing how to make sweets is objectively good and has no business being a gender-specific talent.
>>
Lars generally has good episodes de e e e e su
>>
>>92268654
>LMAO
you must be 18+ to post on 4chan
>>
>>92268766
Naw, man. He is a certified chubby chaser.
Steven woke up in his body, face covered in a chubster mag.
>>
>>92270133
It was framed to make him look like a dick, but it was really the smartest option for everyone in that scenario. He didn't have the means to fight Topaz and trying would have just given Steven another hostage to rescue.
>>
lars is trans so he's extra sensitive about admitting to doing anything "feminine"
>>
>>92269094
>The point was Lars has social anxiety issues and the self esteem issues

This is exactly what cartoons were invented to do, educate us on the mental problems of first worlders. No seriously, basic cable cartoon programming should as much as possible strive to provide the content of relatable webcomics written by neurotic 20something women who NEED TO BE UNDERSTOOD
>>
>>92269426
>Being scoffed at for knowing how to cook
Maybe in middle school? I learned to cook from my mom and my friends and their families were amazed by it. So few people know how to cook anymore most people are just shocked you can do it and don't care about your gender.
>>
>>92268654
Lars is weird, Id kill for the ability to make tasty pastries by second nature.
>>
>>92268654
I found this episode really relatable honestly and I loved Lars' character in it. the ending where it's revealed he decided not to go at the last minute is something I've done way too many times honestly

and the moment with Steven giving advice to Lars was really sweet.
>>
File: eat all these dicks.jpg (138KB, 606x626px) Image search: [Google]
eat all these dicks.jpg
138KB, 606x626px
>>92268654

Cooking is not the fucking issue. dumbshit.
>>
>>92270660
They both have lars in the title.
Either way you're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1477601270583.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477601270583.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>92268766
savage
>>
I don't think Lars was embarrassed about cooking because it's "feminine" or "uncool".
I think it's because he's afraid to show people the REAL him because he fears they'll reject him for what he is, so he tries to act cool and above it all when he's really not.
>>
>>92270384
>>92271001
so he lets his girlfriend get hurt/killed instead?
>>
>>92268654
Didn't this episode confirm Lars for Filipino?
>>
>>92271461
Topaz looks like she could easily kill a human, I honestly don't blame Lars in that situation because I would've done the same
>>
>>92271390
What is the issue?

Oh wait, there is none, it's just teenage angst.

The real issue is why we care about this teenage angst in the first place and dedicate an entire episode to it.
>>
>>92271476
>He is confirmed not white
>His surname is Barriga
>His dad's name is Dante
>Ube roll is a family recipe

Yes
>>
>>92269133
Dunno. I love cooking.
Not an American, though.
I found cooking to be an essential skill when living alone, but pointless unless you have people to share it with.
My family appreciate my exotic delicacies as well as classic dishes.
Although, the entire country is in a major cooking craze right now. Cooking shows are everywhere, novel or difficult recipes are marking status and sophistication at dinner parties and being a shit cook is becoming increasingly a social liability.
If you're a guy you can kinda get away with it, but if you're a chick and turn up with shite food, you get some chuckles behind your back.
Hell, I'm being forced to cook in order to impress our hair dresser tomorrow. A South African curry with mangoes served with imported Thai rice. Had to drag that absurd 40lb sack home, too.
>>
>>92268654
lmao you're a fucking retard
>>
A guy who works at a donut shop where they started making fresh donuts started baking as a hobby?! Holy SHIT
>>
>>92269913
This

The best way to win with somebody is through their stomach.
>>
>>92271476
>>92271502
wtf I hate Lars now
>>
File: f39.gif (1MB, 281x192px) Image search: [Google]
f39.gif
1MB, 281x192px
>>92270333
I hate The Leftovers but I have literally seen every episode. Once you get on a ride you just can't get off easily. The fact that you replied to this thread only proves that you're still on the ride.
>>
Where did this meme even come from? The world's top chefs are all men. Cooking isn't considered feminine in the least nowadays
>>
>>92270985
DEEPEST LORE
E
E
P
E
S
T

L
O
R
E
[/spoiler]I kinda mean it too.
>>
>>92271615
Cooking as an art and profession is masculine. The majority of the world's cooking is done by women because it's their responsibility to feed families.
>>
>>92271502
Lars looked more flip in the pilot
>>
>>92271564
Quite the assumption there.
>>
>>92271699
Do you think Cartoon Network requested that Sugar tone down the 'ethnic' features
>>
File: 1473209456300.jpg (12KB, 215x211px) Image search: [Google]
1473209456300.jpg
12KB, 215x211px
Okay, who has "it?"

>and by "it," I mean the "Lars is Trans" master post
>>
>>92272213
I-it's here, Papa Trunk!
>>>>92271070
>>
>>92269426
Yeah, cooking stops being gay at around highschool age. When your Parents go on a month long trip in the summer you're glad that you can do more than just boil noodles.
>>
>>92271379
>he decided not to go at the last minute

That's not what happened. He was kidnapped by Aquamarine and Topaz right as he was about to join the party, and they dropped his cake in the trash.
>>
>>92272689
Yeah sure, two Homeworld gems put his cake in a trash can because they care about anti litter laws

Lars went to the party and chickened out retard, he was kidnapped on his way home
>>
>>92272404
>Yeah, cooking stops being gay at around highschool age.

DESU a lot of things do, especially junior/senior year. Lars is obviously still deep in the "WOW EVERYTHING IS GAY PLEASE DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME" age.
>>
File: 1494345294399.png (2MB, 529x8591px) Image search: [Google]
1494345294399.png
2MB, 529x8591px
>>92272318
Nope, pic related is it. Call it what you will, it's actually a pretty convincing case. The theory was laughable until I read this.
>sure, a normal guy wouldn't give a shit about people knowing he bakes. but a guy trying to pass off as a girl...
>>
>>92273178
>girl trying to pass off as a guy
dammit
>>
>>92268654
This was genuinely one of the better episodes of this bomb, despite being a townie episode and going against Aquamarine/Topaz in the next two episodes.
>>
>>92272774
I think if we get a flashback to the scene, we'll see the cake just conveniently fall into the can.

That or the gems really are just that polite. I mean, they're not savages.
>>
>>92270920
>people missing the point
I think it's more about his inscureities, anxieties, how they get in the way of his social life, and to show how riddculous they get . We had a taste of it before and we saw later how him not controlling his fear prevented him from saving Sadie and escaping.
Nobody else cared but him about the food. He wanted to hang out but his own fear and own overthinking of how well he cooked, ruined the fun he could of had.

That's how he was alone and then easily abducted.
>>
Knowing that Lars is actually great at cooking makes him doing the cooking and Sadie doing the hunting when they were stranded on that island fine. I suppose the leg hair is fine too since he is filipino or whatever and therefore doesn't have much in the way of body hair.
>>
>>92268654
Just finished watching this episode. It was actually pretty good. Not even by townie standards either I thought it was enjoyable.
>>
I just can't wait until the inevitable Steven-Lars fusion that, when wondering on his name, will groan (like Lars) and realize that his name is logically Stars.

Also, plenty of JoJo poses and an awkward voice akin to Michael Cera please.
>>
>>92273499
Is Lars autistic?
>>
Why do people hate the Townie episodes? Is it because they are a realistic depiction of humans without the threat of the Gems?
>>
>>92273843
This episode was pretty positively received from what I've seen, but normally people dislike townie episodes because they're uneventful. There are a handful of good ones though And me personally I don't dislike them.
>>
>BINGO BONGO
>>
>>92273843
Because nothing happens in them. Yeah sometimes there's character development for a character we see every few episodes but even then it's not worth it. I tune in to see Steven and the gang go on adventures. Can't remember the last time that happened except for maybe the Zoo arc.
>>
>>92273808
No.
>>
>>92273843

Because they break the pacing of the actual plot so much.

Even then it's not necessarily the fault of the episodes of themselves, but rather the week-of-episodes format. Nothing is worse than being blueballed for months only to get a week of episodes where nothing really happens.
>>
File: 1469143752500.gif (208KB, 540x353px) Image search: [Google]
1469143752500.gif
208KB, 540x353px
>>92273906
>>
>>92273808
He's just written from a female perspective. Guys don't care if other guys can cook.
>>
>>92271664
He'll go deep in her lore alright
>>
>>92273178

I can see the argument. There are a few weird bits though.

>It would "literally not make sense" for Lars to have a birthname he doesn't like if he wasn't trans

What? Of course it would. It's why people go from Billy to William.
>>
>>92273997
Makes sense, Women can't cook for shit
>>
>>92273997
>Guys don't care if other guys can cook
Do women care of guys can cook anymore? I know it's part of the ideal male fantasy for women traditionally, but I've yet to meet one irl where it's a sticking point. Of course the percentage of people who cook at all these days is low too.
>>
>>92268654
Hold on, don't girls like a guy who knows his way around an oven?

Like it's romantic and shit?
>>
>>92274036
Present day ones. But Mexican grandmas have mad skills for flavorful recipes. Even beating male pros on TV.
>>
File: e07.jpg (24KB, 680x252px) Image search: [Google]
e07.jpg
24KB, 680x252px
When did cooking become an exclusively female skill?
>>
>>92273178
Every FTM ever seems to have stretched ears so it makes sense.
>>
>>92269094
So the conflict is that he's a goddamend faggot? Who the fuck thinks that boo-hoo, pity me stories are good?
>>
>>92269133
>For some reason people have a problem with guys knowing how to bake
Unless you're so shit at it, you shouldn't be ashamed. Get a mustache, chest hair and an italin accent. That would get you some cred.
>>
>>92273499
This anon gets it.

Lars understands and is super into culinary stuff to the point where he keeps a secret notebook of recipe ideas he bases his own ideas off of and is downright tactical about what kind of food to make. That's probably part of why he works at a donut shop and I kinda wonder if the fire Sadie alluded to that one time was a botched attempt by him to try something creative.

Lars' problem isn't necessarily he likes something associated with girliness or being uncool, though him being able to bake cakes and blintzes and such instead of grilling racks of ribs out in his backyard might be a minute factor, it's that he's super into something at all. Go back and look at the episode with him and Ronaldo; at some point when he was a kid he got really fucked up about not wanting to be embarrassed or to look stupid and this lead to his self-image obsession of not being a dork but to be cool/look cool. Maybe he geeked out about cooking or pastries to the wrong person and was teased mercilessly about it or something. I wouldn't be surprised.

As for Lars being Trans... The show cannot actually reveal this because then ultimately some assholes will point to Lars' bare chest and raise a shitstorm about uncovered 'boobs' and go on a witch hunt agains SU/Sugar that puts what most of /co/ feels about this show to shame. I think it's a nice alternate theory, and it *miiiiiight* be something the writers coded in as a metaphor like... hell, alot of stuff and it's just buried deeper than two space rocks loving each other, but they won't admit to it until years after the show's done or canceled.
>>
>>92273808
No, some social anxiety maybe
>>
>>92268654
Lars has severe anxiety and freaks about crap no one else cares about.
This is the point of all his episodes, this is just the first time he openly explicitly said so after realizing sadie and steven are close enough friends to confide in.
>>
>>92271461
>Girlfriend

He ditches her at literally every opportunity.

His obsession with that one guy is also pretty creepy, wouldn't be surprised if he was gay.
>>
>>92276574
Their relationship is unhealthy, but they are fucking
>>
>>92270333
The fact that they are bringing a townie with Steven to Homeworld is Sugar's magnum opus of shit
Like I'm pretty sure I saw people posting that before it was even announced just to fuck with SU fans because even the rest of /co/ didn't think it would get that bad
>>
>>92270983

Do kids even use Lmao anymore?
I thought they all just used emojis and really bad slang.
>>
Who thinks cooking is feminine anymore? Fuck I can cook I don't think I'm a huge pussy. Had some chick on Facebook say her boyfriend is husband material because he fucking put an egg on some toast. No one gives a shot anymore.
>>
>>92273997
Actually, guys love it when one of their guy friends can cook. It's a good food guarantee.
>>
>>92276607
Nah, they ain't fucking.

She obviously wants the Dick, though. She's made that quite clear.
>>
>>92268654
Except that wasn't the episode at all
>>
>>92271476
>>92271502
Most powerful character in the show.
>>
I thought Lars was gay
>>
>>92268654
Dude, he's ashamed of just being alive!
>>
>>92273758
That would be fucking perfect in every way.
>>
>>92273997
It's more an anxiety thing from Lars' part though. Like >>92275678 says.
>>
>>92273808
No, its actually super common even if he is on the more extreme ends.
Ever wanted to go somewhere but decided to stay at home at the last miniute cause its easier?
>>
>>92274032
We see him bare chested at one point. Hes voice by a man. Hes not trans, talk about a crackpot theory.
>>
>>92273178
1. we see lars' bare chest several times, with no scars suggesting surgery, this would be very easy for the crew since they draw sadie's scar almost constantly.
2. hes voiced by a man
3. hes been one of sugar's oldest ocs, before the whole "trans" thing became a thing
>>
>>92282081

1.I don't know if testosterone would prohibit breast growth but if so, he is still a teenager and could have been on it before developing. Plus his mom is flat anyway so it could just be that.

2.And nearly all young males in cartoons are voiced by women.

3.Trans people were around before 2013, unless you mean the fad surrounding it.
>>
>>92271502
This just makes Lars an even worse character than he already is.
>>
>>92268654
IT'S JUST LIKE
HIGH
SCHOOL
M
U
S
I
C
A
L
>>
>>92268766
>Not wanting to make the drawf thiccer than she already is
>>
>>92271564
>I hate the Leftovers
>being this much of a pleb
>>
Although with the new episode Stuck Together it's revealed that Lars actually did chicken out at the last moment and trashed the cake, and instead was abducted on his way home.
>>
File: 1484388197067.png (2MB, 1280x1523px) Image search: [Google]
1484388197067.png
2MB, 1280x1523px
>>92269773
What would Steven Universe be without FUSIONS?
>>
>>92281980
This. Lars just looks weird because that's how they draw flips.
>>
File: ohgodno.gif (802KB, 225x180px) Image search: [Google]
ohgodno.gif
802KB, 225x180px
>>92284051
>>
>show finally gets back to some semblance of plot progression
>they bring a townie with them
Was anyone surprised? I doubt it.
>>
Can I be honest for a second? I still somewhat like this retarded show, but I love ragging on it even more.
>>
>>92269133
I blame hipsters for this anti-cooking thing. And their ironic pot lucks.

I bring damn food and they bring chips and shitty delivery pizza and canned chilly """"ironically"""""?

Last time I hang out with rich stoners.
>>
The episode with Connie's father was probably the blandest, most predictable episode this show has ever produced. The tacked-on LORE part at the last two seconds just added insult to injury.
>>
>>92268654
Lars is such a goddamn insecure sissy boy it's painful. like damn Sadie just use the strap on already.
>>
I really liked Aquamarine and the drama of the last two episodes, but standalone I think The Good Lars was the best SU episode of this bomb.
>>
File: Janna_-_Girls'_Day_Out_profile.png (634KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Janna_-_Girls'_Day_Out_profile.png
634KB, 720x960px
>>92271476
What's with cartoon Filipinos and squarish heads?
>>
>>92273808
Nah, just an angsty beta.
>>
>>92271476
IT'S
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>flashlight points up
>beam shines down

ONE JOB
>>
File: mpc-hc64_2017-05-11_11-57-58.png (701KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc64_2017-05-11_11-57-58.png
701KB, 1920x1080px
>>92284022
yep
>>
>>92284022
Obviously. How the hell would his cake have gotten in the trash otherwise?
>>
File: firefox_2017-05-11_17-49-55.png (9KB, 407x175px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-05-11_17-49-55.png
9KB, 407x175px
>>92285500
>>
>>92285518
Why would you take a screencap of such a bad idea?
>>
>>92269133

Not even sure that's an American thing, desu. Women absolutely LOVE a guy that can cook. Whip up some fresh baked cinnamon rolls after a date and you 'll be swimming in pussy
>>
>>92284439
Yeah Doug Out was only redeemed by having Doug, and only just barely.
>>
File: your loss.png (10KB, 255x252px) Image search: [Google]
your loss.png
10KB, 255x252px
>>92269005
>>
>>92285715
Yeah, Doug's voice was smooth
>>
>>92268654
Does anyone have the mega for the new episodes?
>>
>>92268654
>Ube
Nice to see our heritage being represented.

Ube is fucking great, more people really need to try stuff like Ube Ice Cream
>>
>>92285784
Well he is voiced by Crispin "the quiet ones are the kinky ones" Freeman, so that is to be expected.
>>
>>92271270
More importantly, shows like Kitchen Nightmares, Restaurant Impossible, Iron Chef, etc. show that men are very capable of being good at cooking and even have a commanding field for it.
>>
You know what the worst of this shit is? Everyone calls Topaz a girl when they just meet her because DUH SHE'S A FUCKING FEMALE. She has no fucking qualities of a female and is completely buff male in appearance, more than what's her name with Peridot when she came to Earth
>>
The point is that Lars is so shit-scared of looking "lame" in front of the Cool Kids that he tries way too hard to look "cool" and ends up just making himself a miserable, anxious wreck. We've seen countless times that the Cool Kids are weird, but ultimately chill and accepting people and Lars just thinks they're unapproachable because he's built them up in his head to be that way.
>>
File: fished.png (66KB, 638x528px) Image search: [Google]
fished.png
66KB, 638x528px
>when topaz starts talking
>when she keeps talking
>when she's still talking
>when she starts talking again
>when aquamarine shows up and talks more
>>
>>92285096
You just have to accept this kind of thing with korean animators
>>
>>92268654

I don't know why he'd be ashamed, all the best chefs are male anyway.
>>
>>92286116

>when anyone in this show talks

It's like they were told to make their voices as obnoxious and grating as possible.
>>
>>92268654
>Topaz will never sit on you
>>
>>92286064
But Anon, all Gems use female pronouns!
And when she finally talks, her voice turned out to be really friecking girly. Like girlier than Jasper atleast
>>
>>92268654

Cooking is a basic skill that all should know to a degree.
If someone has talent for it then they should improve.

When I left home almost 10 years ago I was fucking ashamed that I couldn't even make a simple dish.
>>
File: firefox_2017-05-10_15-37-58.png (20KB, 510x322px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-05-10_15-37-58.png
20KB, 510x322px
>>92285541
Why not?
I also screencapped this
>>
>>92285569
Its a weird american macho thing. Cooking is seen as the kind of thing that only women are supposed to do.

Lars is wrong, because the cool kids are ACTUALLY cool, but if they were the petty shitty kind of "cool" kids, they would've called him a fag for cooking.
>>
>>92286468
>And when she finally talks, her voice turned out to be really friecking girly.
Yea but that was after
>>
>>92268654
>Works at a literal pastry shop
>Thinks people will be shocked and appalled that he can bake
>Even if he didn't, teenagers ever making fun of someone who can make them delicious food
I just don't get the logic here. But I guess that's the point.
>>
>>92269133
A dude baking will get no stigma as long as you make that shit for people. Giving people food is guaranteed to get you points.
>>
>>92287977
Yeah. The cultural stereotype (at least in America) is there even though most people don't agree with it.

Same thing with cliques like jocks or cheerleaders. Those stereotypes were codified in fiction several decades ago, of course nobody in the real world applies to them.
>>
>>92288074
I'm saying I don't get it because he's already associated with food and pastries through his job. Nobody would bat an eye at him knowing how to bake. If people don't know better about those kinds of shops, they might just already think you can make that shit yourself.

It was just an odd thing to give him that particular insecurity considering the context. They could have traded it for anything else.
>>
>>92288104
The sentiment of cooking being unmanly is a cultural relic, like how the phone call or save symbols originate in tech that was phased out decades ago, yet we still use them.
>>
>>92284051
Think of all the perfectly usable holes.
>>
>>92271086
Shut up fag
>>
>>92268654
That's the whole point, it's nothing to be ashamed of and normal people think it's ridiculous to think that, but Lars is an insecure self-hating mess so he thinks every genuine thing about himself is embarrassing. He's obsessed with himself, but he doesn't like himself, it's the shittiest mix

>>92268830
It's not OOC, he's just finally letting his shitty mask down a bit after all this time and development of his relationships with Steven/Sadie/the cool kids. He's been inherently "OOC" most of his life because he's too scared to be himself

He's like teens like who teens who call everything "cringy" and are deathly afraid of anyone knowing they like anime or some shit
>>
>>92288104
Yeah the attitude he's always given off about working at the donut shop has always been that he doesn't care about any of it. It's just a job to him, like working at mcdonalds, he wouldn't want anyone to think he actually put his HEART into anything
>>
>>92285518
Why would they even care to throw it away?
>>
>>92277023
They use lmao all the time, only now lmao is usually used passive aggressively
>>
>>92271390
I wasn't this much of an idiot when I was a teenager was I?
>>
>>92269426

>Cooking.
>Gay

When did this start? Women literally jump on my cock when I cook them fucking easy mac. My best friend got his dick sucked in fucking middle school cause he actually knew how to bake. Where the hell did this come from? Cooking is like, the mainlest thing you can do.
>>
>>92275587
The huge fanbase of anxious teens who watch this show? Lars is an example of how much you can fuck up your own happiness by caring too much about your image. Many, many teens are like Lars, but when they see Lars they won't want to be like Lars anymore
>>
>>92288608
Maybe gems at homeworld are very strict to keeping it clean?
>>
>>92284439

Plus we spent 5 seasons thinking Connie's parents are both clingy, strict, intelectual hard asses and then here comes goofy, under achiever dad who is letting 2 kids run around a park that may have a kidnapper after them.
>>
>>92288768
They probably are, but that wouldn't mean they want Earth nice and clean before it blows up.
>>
>>92288768
>>92288608
They wouldn't care. It was a dumb idea from a dumb person on a dumb board.
>>
>>92288706
>fucking women
I dunno, man. That's pretty gay.
>>
>>92288826
turns out only her mum was like that
>>
>>92285078
THE
>>
>>92282202
It does and doesnt, they would still be very obvious breasts even taking testosterone from a young age, just smaller than the average woman's he would still need top surgery to look that masculine in the chest, and he certainly wouldn't be walking around without top surgery if he was trans, given how embarrassed he is about everything, it wouldnt fit his character.

you got me with the voice thing

And yeah I did mean the fad surrounding it, that really wasnt there in full swing before recent years
>>
>>92281980
>Hes voice by a man.
By that logic, Goku is trans.
>>
>>92268685
Underrated FP
>>
>>92289961
How? Goku is voiced by a granny
>>
stephen universe

inventing social problems so it can solve them since 20XX
>>
>>92273843
>realistic depiction of humans

This is almost never the case
>>
>>92291246
Exactly. Male character + female VA = trans. By >>92281980 logic, not mine, opposite gender VA means trans and same gender VA means cis. I can't make it any clearer than that. You fucking retard.
>>
File: kanji-tatsumi-concept-sketches.png (2MB, 1023x697px) Image search: [Google]
kanji-tatsumi-concept-sketches.png
2MB, 1023x697px
>>92268881
>>
File: ube_roll.png (476KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
ube_roll.png
476KB, 500x377px
LARS IS FILIPINO.

CONFIRMED
>>
>>92270403
this desu
>>
That's not very progressive at all
>>
>>92292700
I mean he kinda looks like it even though his parents look more like Dr. Seuss characters.
>>
>>92292700

I want to try this.
>>
>>92268654
And here I thought /co/ was having a thread about Otomen for a moment...
>>
>>92292700
It's literally a giant ho-ho isn't it?
>>
File: ube_roll_goldilocks.jpg (38KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
ube_roll_goldilocks.jpg
38KB, 337x450px
>>92293611

They all do look like whos.

>>92293641

If you live in California or Las Vegas you can find a chain of restaurants called Goldilocks that have a ton of awesome Filipino sweets such as that and this.

>>92294340

Not sure if that's good or bad, but I personally like ho-hos.
>>
>>92269094
>>92269426
>>92273499
>>92275678
That about covers everything.
>>
>>92268654
you big doof, it wasn't the cooking he was ashamed of, he was ashamed of emotional honesty. Cooking is something he LIKES to do, and he is GOOD at, and so bringing that out means he would have to crack his "i'm too cool for this" shell, and incorporate some suburbanite mundanity to his life, which he was not emotionally ready for. That, or he's a dumb boy who's ashamed of cooking. Y'know, if you want to ignore all subtext. Your choice.
>>
>>92275678
>As for Lars being Trans

Oh, so you're just an idiot. For a moment there I thought you were being serious.
>>
File: 1490991351358.gif (4MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1490991351358.gif
4MB, 600x338px
>>92271564
>not enjoying eccles kino
Like goddamn even on /co/ this plebbery is surprising
>>
File: 001.jpg (60KB, 640x664px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
60KB, 640x664px
>>92284051
YAMERO
>>
I can relate to not wanting to look like you're trying too hard at a potluck. When you expect everyone else is just going to bring store bought stuff or chips or whatever.

But I want space rock episode, not townie ones. Thankfully they connected it to space rocks and it looks like we're back to space rocks again for the moment.
>>
>>92268654
It wasn't about the cooking. It was about confirming that he's been dating Sadie in public, hence why she was upset he didn't show. Not that hard to figure out.
>>
File: IMG_0984.png (469KB, 888x522px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0984.png
469KB, 888x522px
>>92284051

Im more than erect
>>
Honestly, I am fully convinced that Lars is trans and I'm not even a tumblrite.

Of course they won't admit it straight out, but I think he was conceived in that way, his lack of self-confidence and his extremely weak masculinity just can't be because he's a teenager. The guy is literally a walking basket case. Those pink earrings that his mom gave him, in the pictures in his house he's wearing a pink shirt when he was younger, they can't say his real name, but have to shorten it to something masculine like Lars.

He's full out on 'I'm really macho look at me, I wear dark clothes with skulls and and really pissed off'. He literally reads like a stereotype from a girls perspective. If you told a sensitive, baking loving bitch to act like a man, she'd act like that.

P.s. All episodes with Lars suck, and Lars sucks.
>>
>>92298578
Imagine a world without Ronaldo and Lars.
>>
>>92298578
We've seen his chest though, he's got no binder or surgery scars.
I think he's just supposed to be suffering from anxiety/depression/mental illness due to his reactions to having to go outside his norm/reveal anything even mildly personal.

Lars does fucking suck, though.
>>
>>92298804
He's such an insufferable cunt. He was abducted by aliens and was still throwing a tantrum when as far as he knew his life depended on actually getting shit done. At this point he deserves to die.
>>
File: almost all women.png (3MB, 1897x952px) Image search: [Google]
almost all women.png
3MB, 1897x952px
I don't think there's anything more to add to this thread as there are enough posts pointing out how it's actually his fears controlling him, but I feel like I need to point out that it's BAKING that's feminine. COOKING isn't frowned upon, but baking sweets and desserts are definitely something society sees as wrong for a man to do unless he's a professional.
>>
>>92272689
Guess I was right the whole time.

Stuck Together reveals he did leave on his own
>>
>>92275638

Or a nice pedo style
>>
>>92292449
Nah, Kanji wouldn't fly in SU. After all, the fucking game spelled out his sexuality and people still insist that he's gay.
>>
File: 1422262133935.gif (925KB, 212x176px) Image search: [Google]
1422262133935.gif
925KB, 212x176px
>>92284051
ahh....
>>
>>92300461
Yeah, I really hate when people treat baking and cooking as the same thing.

Also, whoever that person in the black and white photo inserting the big spatula into the brick oven is looks hot in that photo for some reason.
>>
>>92299540
making a lasso with pants to try and grab something that was across the room
he didn't try because it was a retarded idea he knew wouldn't work
why he just didn't tell steven to bubble again and get the fucking wand himself is anybodies guess
>>
>>92268654
That wasn't the problem retard. He's just afraid of trying to stand out, that's his whole problem.
>>
File: 1338417135932.gif (72KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1338417135932.gif
72KB, 300x162px
>>92284051
I'm not opposed to this creature's design, but she'd need breasts at least four times as big to seal the deal.
>>
>>92268654
Cooking is for fags and fat people
>>
>>92269133
I've never experience this as an American. You might just be around shitty people.
>>
>>92274036
Where did this meme come from? My female family members are all the best cooks. Not saying men can't cook but come on, anytime I hear about a good cook in the family it's almost always the women.
>>
>>92289240
NUT LARS
>>
>>92273178
This shit is reaching so hard.

Also why are people so desperate for the worst character to be trans?
>>
>>92268654
...he's an extremely insecure teenager. This is a problem that kids/teens relate to...you know, the show's actual demographic?
>>
>>92292700
looks really tasty but I'm not sure what purple yam tastes like in a cake
>>
>>92268830
He would have to have a character before he could ever go OOC anon.
>>
>>92284712
I'm getting horrible memories of art class, where I had to draw my Filipino friend and his face was all square, the cursed drawing even went up on the wall for weeks.
>>
>>92284051
my dong has been expanded by 200%
>>
>>92284051
W-Wheres the hole?
>>
>>92284051
>>
>>92269133
That's not an American thing, I'm from fucking Texas and even frat normies know how to cook around here. Cooking is fucking awesome.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.