[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to say right off the bat Ashi is a fine character,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: It's over.png (957KB, 1279x676px) Image search: [Google]
It's over.png
957KB, 1279x676px
I'm going to say right off the bat Ashi is a fine character, no problem with her.
What happened to the dark tone season 5 had at the beginning? The show has done a 180 in tone after episode 4. All of Jack's inner and outer demons were dealt with in rushed unsatisfying ways. The antler spirit was a waste of time they spent half the season building up to him but he was defeated in the worst way possible, a single swing. Mad jack was the same, eye beams? Really?
Like I said Ashi is fine but her inner demons are also brushed off like nothing. She never reflects over the fact that her entire family is now dead, she never acts like a killing machine which is what I thought what they were going for in episode 2. She seems like a completely different character now.
I'm enjoying the season for what it is, i'm glad we are getting something. I just can't shake the feeling that the first three episodes were only made to get Adult swim onboard, because nothing has been done with the TV14 rating since then. Outside of the penis joke anyway.
>>
>>92268324
I should add, I didn't want Jack moping around for 10 episodes. But I was hoping they would do more with the idea that he was depressed over his failure to go back to the past.
>>
ep1-3 felt like it was written by a different person, for better or for worse. I really don't care about Ashi, and feel the season has even bigger problems than a crappy female love interest.
>>
>>92269263
Eps 1-3 were god tier

Everything changed at April Fools
>>
Feels like Samurai Jack to me.

Didn't they say they didn't want it to be TOO different from the original show? I'd rather have it feel consistent than have such a drastic change.
>>
>>92269321

It felt like they were taking cues from Afro Samurai with the first few episodes. Not everyone know that series, but I'm sure people assumed that was how the remaining episodes would play out.
>>
>>92268324
>She never reflects over the fact that her entire family is now dead, she never acts like a killing machine
Did you watch episode seven? She told her mother that she places 100% of the blame of the death of her sisters on the high priestess. This is after turning into a berserker killing machine in order to protect Jack.
>>
>>92269362
Genndy was explicit about that, yes.
>>
>>92268324
>The antler spirit was a waste of time they spent half the season building up to him but he was defeated in the worst way possible, a single swing.
As much as I love this season, I agree here. The antler dude could've been more interesting.
>Mad jack was the same, eye beams?
And here I disagree. What was he supposed to do, fight him? You can't fight the spirit of fighting with fighting.
>>
I like the concept of Ashi as a companion/love interest to Jack, but I dislike how she's actually used in the show. In the most simple sense, she's in the show so that there can still be moments of pure action without any gravitas.

I'm convinced that the big change wasn't Ashi but that there needed to be big action sequences in every episode, even though the show was supposed to be different after all this time. In being forced to have this action, they went with the easiest solution: keep the solemnity they had in the Jack-focused versions, and then shoehorn in action with Ashi.

Because of that easy solution, the pacing is all over the place and a lot of the more interesting things that were setup 1) got lame resolutions and/or 2) got resolved by fights.
>>
>>92268324

1-3 felt like a proper sequel, completely faithful to the source material in everything, funny villains, pacing, design etc. but instead of retreading more of the same it uses the original show show as a jump off point to be a little more and different. You know, utilize that higher rating and more mature audience of Adult Swim a bit.

And then the whole thing is just off...
It feels like a jumbled mess. What is the deal with the ghost scotsman, Scaramouche, the mother suddenly coming back with an army just to be anticlimactically get killed off. The ghost samurai and mad jack on the other hand get tons of buildup just to get quickly dealt with. This is also punctuated with a lot of pointless shit, like the entirety of that prison ship episde.

The first three episodes are absolutely great and form a great arc, consistent in tone. The rest is just random crap shoved together in desperate need of a recut.
>>
>>92269955
Talk him down. Reason with him. All while avoiding his furious blows.
What they went with was weak. Mad Jack was Jack's character development after 50 years, just deleted within the blink of an eye.
>>
>>92268324
I'm not. Ashi is a shit character.

>muh ladybugs, whoa there's so much beauty in the world
>>
>>92269321
>Eps 1-3 were god tier
/co/ keep saying this but I remember /co/ giving the first episode a lot of criticism when it aired.
>>
>>92274180
I dont' at all
>>
>>92268324
Mad Jack should have stayed.

He was right.
>>
>>92268324
I also would have liked to see more of Antlers, but since he's a embodiment of death its power probably decreases when Jack feels worthy of living.
>>92269321
2 and 3 were by far the best ones. 1 was good but it didn't make me feel too much. Things like Jack's astral journey, the scene with the archers, Jack and Ashi's kiss, the talk with his father, they made me feel a genuine range of emotions. Episode 1 was great and I was excited while watching it, but it was one plain piece of great without any bumps or peaks of excellence.
>>
>>92274100
Agreed.

Ashi should have died with the others
>>
>>92268324
Because I lived through the Todd McFarlane/Image era.

I had just about enough of that shit, thank you.
>>
Ain't enough time in the world to make a perfect final season of a show like this

I agree with pretty much all your points and just accept that I do rather love the season
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.