[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there ever a bigger fall from grace than this? >seasons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15

File: Samurai-Jack.jpg (36KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai-Jack.jpg
36KB, 640x360px
Was there ever a bigger fall from grace than this?

>seasons 1-4 respected and known for well paced, animated and overall well presented combination of comedy and action, while being episodic
>season 5 is another romance with very little action that is the cancer killing this industry today

Just look at the discussions. It's all about muh jashi and other shit that will fade into nothing once show ends. On the other hand if it was actually good, everybody would remember it like the old Samurai Jack.
>>
>>92265466
>Was there ever a bigger fall from grace than this?
LOK
But even that had more than just 3 good episodes....
>>
>>92265466
Nothing went wrong. Suck it up.
>>
>>92265919
How the fuck nothing went wrong, if old seasons are miles better while being episodic? This is the worst shit that can happen, because this season that we've got now should have been the best, considering it's the most focused one.
>>
>tumblrhomos still can't handle boys kissing girls in their cartoon shows
>>
>>92265466
I thought I already hid this thread.
>>
DID
WE
NEED
ANOTHER
GOD
DAMNED
JACK
THREAD
FUCK
>>
>old samurai jack was for literal children
>still more complex and interesting than something updated for "more adult" viewers
>>
>>92265466
>Season 5 is another romance
>1 Romance episode
Cry more tumblr
>>
>>92265466
>On the other hand if it was actually good, everybody would remember it like the old Samurai Jack.
Are you seriously trying to say that a product is only good if many people remember it? Many people remember Twilight, does that make it good?
>>
>>92266619
>implying we won't have four more before the hour is up
>>
File: no time for your bullshit.jpg (34KB, 296x360px) Image search: [Google]
no time for your bullshit.jpg
34KB, 296x360px
eat shit, season 5 has been almost perfect, eat shit again.

/co/ doesn't deserve good cartoons, you guys are a bunch of whiny bitches and insecure as fuck!
>>
>>92266619
for real and the fucking mods encouraging this shit with weekly stickies this is just as cancerous as ye that shall not be named
>>
File: Samurai_8b4d49_6211199.jpg (28KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai_8b4d49_6211199.jpg
28KB, 680x382px
>>92265466
>it's another SJ criticism thread
>it's another 'Jashifags will make it about muh romance' thread
>it's another 'le Tumblr/Reddit boogeyman' thread

Mad Jack was right.
>>
>>92266632
Nah, more like we are going to discuss older seasons more than this new one. They had far more interesting things going on.
>>
File: this thread again.jpg (91KB, 556x312px) Image search: [Google]
this thread again.jpg
91KB, 556x312px
>>
>>92266628
>episode 4
>episode 5
>episode 6
>episode 7
>episode 8

Cut off Ashi and think how it changes. Suddenly you've got more time to do more interesting stuff.
>>
>>92266719
>interesting
They were even more cliched and formulatic.
>>
>>92266839
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnliDQ2DyDg

Moments like this made it interesting and nice to look at. Now give me anything like that from the newest season. The only thing that makes new Samurai Jack the Samurai Jack are first four episodes, the rest got pretty bad pretty fast.
>>
>>92266527
And it is.

You're just an autist with shit taste.
>>
>>92266527
>How the fuck nothing went wrong, if old seasons are miles better while being episodic?

Are people seriously this assblasted that jack isn't a wizard anymore?
>>
>>92266814
>Episode 4: Jack considers staying in the beast at Mad Jack's behest, but ultimately decides to escape.

>Episode 5: Jack considers not helping the village, but relents when he hears that children are involved. Upon saving them, he thinks they die and leaves with the samurai ghost.

>Episode 6: The trial for Jack's soul lasts the whole episode. Suicide Samurai suggests he kill himself, but there's another side arguing in his favor all the good he's done. (Maybe something like Chill in the Night from BBatB?) In the end, Jack realizes he is the only one who can stand against Aku and shakes off his persecution, resolving to fight even if he can't go back to the past.

>Episode 7: Jack goes to reclaim his sword, but realizes it left him. Embarking on a spiritual journey, he defeats Mad Jack again and manages to reclaim it. Maybe he keeps the beard or maybe he just shaves it at the end of the episode.

>Episode 8: Jack fights the High Priestess in the desert on the way to confronting Aku. In the process, he learns about her daughters and what she's done. Maybe he makes graves for the girls at the end?

Hardly the best, but I came up with it in about two minutes.
>>
>>92265466
>Season 5 is another romance with very little action

You fucking wut

The romance was literally just episode 8

The first 3 episodes had action

Episode 4 was slow but had action

Episode 5 had action

Episode 6 had action with the Ghosts

Episode 7 had full force action

Episode 8 simply exists to be the romance episode and it still had action

What the Fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>92266527
The old ones really aren't better though

It's just the same, repetitive shit over and over

Watch one episode of Old Jack and you've basically seen all of them
>>
>>92266988
who fucking cares, people wanted a good samurai action and a good conclusion, this is what made Samurai Jack such a cult classic. I dont fucking care about shit that infests every modern cartoon and makes it not tolerable.
>>
>>92267058
>Episode 6 had action with the Ghosts
>One swing
>Episode 7 had full force action
The orc battle was the biggest ass pull I have ever seen
>>
File: IMG_0959.png (725KB, 864x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0959.png
725KB, 864x576px
>People are still upset about the Romance specific episode that they have to shitpost that the entire season was bad because jack wants to be happy for once

Never stop
>>
>>92266814
>Cut Ashi
>Jack kills himself

Hmmmm
>>
>>92267094
Except this is exactly what people loved about Samurai Jack. It was cliche Samurai stuff but served nicely. New season is living off it but it will die pretty quickly when it ends.
>>
>>92267022
>I made this in 2 minutes

Yeah, it shows.
>>
>>92267174
Give me a break. It's not like I have a planning team with me. I just bounced off of that Anon's idea.
>>
>>92267116
Fuck you, Genndy promised us a season where Jack was gritty and dark not this babby romance shit.

Genndy is a lying hack fraud and the sooner anons accept this the sooner we can rid the board of Jashi shitposters.
>>
File: 1489269678815.jpg (204KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489269678815.jpg
204KB, 790x1200px
>>92267358
He really lied about stuff, take this pic for instance. There will be no bearded Jack with the sword, what the actual fuck?
>>
TTG! writers
>Children will eat up anything we make

Genndy
>Nostalgists will eat up anything I make
>>
>>92267577
Pretty much, it can't be criticized unless it's a complete, irredeemable horseshit, which it is notbut it's pretty close to it.
>>
>>92267174
>literally just Season 5 with all of the Ashi scenes removed
>the only one changed is Episode 8
>says it's shit

Really makes you think.
>>
>>92267022
That sounds a lot fucking better than what we've got. Also more time for Jack means better sequences with more thought put into it.
>>
File: 1437359031078.png (1MB, 989x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1437359031078.png
1MB, 989x1022px
>This much asspain
>in the year of 1999+18
>>
it's not even the fact that it's a jack thread. it's the same bitching thread that's been done a 100 times over. commit suicide op. rid the genepool of your stupidity.
>>
>>92268220
I waited for this shit 13 years. I can't describe how much pain I feel seeing Samurai Jack turned into another generic modern show. It lost everything that made it a cult classic.
>>
>>92268308
Yeah, it's really similar to Adventure Time, Season Universe and nuPPG

/co/ deserves nuPPG.
>>
>>92268308
How was it a cult classic?
>>
>>92268308
Yeah man, those first three episodes felt nothing like the original Samurai Jack. Fucking edgy bullshit.
>>
>>92268457
They were alright.
>>
>>92267097
It was ten seconds of kissing in an episode filled to the brim with cartoon violence. Holy shit, calm down you stupid fucking retard.
>>
>>92268506
It was the whole episode you fucking retard. Even more of them if you include that Ashi had to be quickly developed despite being boring as hell after that anyway.
>>
>>92267952
It's more like if you cut Ashi, there's literally no purpose in having the Aku Cult to begin with.

No human/machine parallel. Then you have an entire episode dedicated to Ghost Jack, which would get old quick.

You'd have to compensate for the season without Ashi more than you let on.
>>
>>92268164
No it isn't.
>>
>>92269040
This. You'd have to cut a major antagonistic force of half the season solely because "I don't like girls".

And replace them with what? More episodic crap?
>>
>>92265466
salty balls
>>
i love how jashi fags have absolutly no arguments besides LOL U MAD fucking waifufags ruining yet another great series
but its alright i always wanted to watch a romantic comedy samurai jack why do people even hate the new powerpuff girls on here? it should be just their taste!
>>
>>92270020
>more episodic crap

then why is the episodic crap samurai jack more fun to watch than this? atleast we got great fights and tons of interesting characters each episode
>>
>>92268164
Ashi fags deny it but it's true.
>>
>>92266918
this
>>
>>92265466
>very little action
>>
>>92270309
Your post clearly indicates how not mad you are.
>>
>>92270611
But it's true, there's little action outside of the first three episodes. This would be fine if it wasn't Samurai Jack, the action cartoon.
>>
File: 1317443341552.jpg (101KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1317443341552.jpg
101KB, 450x450px
>it's another "I'm angry at something that everyone else is enjoying," thread.
>>
>>92270611
nigger go watch any episode of the old samurai jack it was filled to the brim with great impactful action
>>
>>92267058
The action post episode 3 is total dogshit. Maybe 4 was a bit good, but the rest are complete crap, specially episode 8 which was a shit excuse.

I wanted to see Jack face problems and solve them with cunning, rather than having a slut run through armies of fucking robots.
>>
>>92267116
>It's wrong that people complain when a season that has been consitently shitty drops the shark.
>>
>>92268164
And more importantly
JACK SHUTS THE FUCK UP

I miss those silent episodes where the only way to get the story going was with cinematic shots.
>>
why are people comparing self contained stories in an episodic show with an ongoing season that tries to finish a story? of course its inconsistent you people should look at it more like a really long episode and not just compare it to old episodic jack thats stupid
>>
>>92267358
>Genndy promised us
no, your inner child promised your outer child
>>
>>92270739
>impactful
you have no excuse to call anyone else a nigger
>>
>>92270932
well its true though old episodes had fights with a nice punch and great soundtrack behind them where the fuck is the kickass soundtrack in the new jack? yeah remember that? the awesome soundtrack that would be in pretty much every episode of jack?
>>
>>92265466
>Was there ever a bigger fall from grace than this?

nuPower Puff Girls?
>>
>>92265520
Seasons 1-4 of Jack had more good episodes collectively than LoK did, so bad argument. \

See >>92267058 Episode 8 was the only bad episode and only because it executes Jack and Ashi finally getting into a relationship so poorly. It's been obvious since ep 4 that they would be in a relationship, it's just that we've had a gradual buildup turn into mach 9 all of the sudden and it's jarring.
>>
>>92271018
nu power puff girls was its own thing that you could enjoy without any prior knowledge of powerpuff girls even though its inferiour to the original while samurai jack season 5 is a continuation of an action cartoon turned into a romantic comedy drama

>samurai jack season 5 is worse than NuPPG

look into your heart you know it to be true
>>
>>92271069
Even if the romance would have been handled like a shitty cliche Noir episode like the one with gangster and the robot with emotions episode, it would have been easier to digest than the asspull of getting a boner after a fight.
>>
>>92270747
>a slut running through armies of robots

Was this not old Jack
>>
>>92267553
That's the final shot of the show. Don't ask me how I know this.
>>
>>92271265
No. Old Jack had to set traps to do it, and he was harmed by them all the time.
>>
File: Jackisold.jpg (170KB, 745x1143px) Image search: [Google]
Jackisold.jpg
170KB, 745x1143px
My only disappointment is we didn't get this shot or scene. Which I don't know, looks pretty cool.
>>
>>92271483
iam more mad about bearded jack with a crown never appearing i hope to fucking god the next episode is gonna be good
>>
>>92271541
I gave up hope for it. Probably will be a bunch of irrelevant crap with a set up for the next episode in the final 2 minutes.
>>
>season 5 was planned since Gendy was a child.
>>
>>92266918
Dude is correct, Season started at 11/10 and now its running at a low 4/10 at best. Romance was rushed in and still doesn't make sense.

Season would have been much better if Jack killed ashi like the other 6 and got motivated to find his sword while battling his mad side. That would have been a nice arc over a few episodes.
>>
File: getalodofthis.png (268KB, 358x485px) Image search: [Google]
getalodofthis.png
268KB, 358x485px
>that feel when the criticism is absolutely on point and having no defense, people who mindlessly enjoy the show without using their brain resort to defending it by pretending everyone who criticizes it is assblasted tumblrites and forever alone virgins

I honestly almost feel bad for them, if the assblasted tumblrites didn't exist they would have no one to point to as the strawman to defend their show and they would collapse in on themselves. Right now they're just living shielding themselves in the strawhuts they've created but they're so fragile. Once the show ends and they've had time to think things through, I think they'll sadly realize this season has all the critical flaws they've been told it's had, and not the amazing masterpiece they're still deluding themselves into thinking it is

It's better to get that feeling out now, like everyone who properly views the show through a critical lens, than to finish the show thinking it's amazing and then remembering it down the line and thinking how mediocre it was and how you didn't realize it at the time. Things like that just make you feel hollow
>>
>>92271783
No it wouldn't. And between episodes, we don't know HOW long they've been together, so suck a cock.
>>
>>92270984
just take it easy. Breathe through your mouth if you have to. this is a safe place
>>
>>92271836
>we don't know HOW long they've been together
Less than a week or two I'd imagine, scaramouche would have made it to another phone or aku if it was longer.
>>
File: rf shaggy.png (255KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
rf shaggy.png
255KB, 500x510px
>>92271783
>>
I'm at an odd spot where I don't really mind the way the season's gone but I also never thought the old seasons were 10/10 and the show could be very hit or miss. Right now my biggest problem isn't with the pacing (which is awkward) or the romance (which is kind of forced) but with the lack of Aku, but given the replacement that's probably a good thing.
>>
>>92272018
The upside is that people will finally stop treating Genndy as some kind of animation god.

The downside is that a mediocre final season is going to magnify the perceived greatness of the earlier seasons so even if people stop worshipping Genndy they'll still hold up the earlier seasons as flawless animated masterpieces.
>>
>>92271923
nice counter arguments m8
now please go to bed billy the grown ups want to talk here
>>
>>92271928
Not if he's just a head bobbing in the fucking ocean, dingus.
>>
>>92271352
He was talking about the Scottsman's Wife.

She did pretty much the same thing Ashi did in the one of the old episodes
>>
>>92271810
thats whats also been making me mad
>HURR DURR YOURE SO TUMBLR AGAINST HETERO SEXUAL PARTNERS XDD

no i just dont like forced relationships i dont give a shit who jack sticks his dick into or even if he has a girl but a forced romance plot is shit during a final arc that mainly SHOULD
be about beating the bad guy
>>
>>92272156
the scotssmans wife is also alot more interesting to look at and listen to thats the main difference here
>the way the scotsman builds her up as some beatiful goddess
>the way she slaps the shit out of the robots for calling her fat
>"Now I've seen everything. Is this who you've been wasting your time with? Some wiry maypole wearing an ugly dress and tasteless slippers? I swear on CĂș Chulainn's mighty chest hairs I've got wooden spoons brighter than you! And to think I married the only Scot in Scotland who'd bring a candlestick in a slip to his wife's rescue instead of a whole clan of bumbling brutes. No, I get just two bumbling brutes. Well, one bumbling brute and some kind of fashion-inept sheepherder."

funny how old jack also had much smarter and funnier writing
>>
>>92268332
>It's similar to nuPPG

You can't say this with a straight face, shitposter.
>>
>>92265466
SALT
A
L
T
>>
>>92265466
This OP only needed two lines of greentext to get bad
>>
>>92272408
well both arent equally as bad in quality thats true but they could both be called nu as they both inferior to the old show
>>
>>92272419
>wait 13 years for a conclusion
>it turns out to be horrendous

i am salty as fuck
>>
>>92265466
Alright your right its bad. Now what. Now what do you want to do. Nothing? Just say its bad? Well ok then. I guess this thread is over. What more is there for you to do.
>>
>>92272713
I really hate this hyperbole. It's almost as if /co/ knew no middle ground between flawless masterpiece and complete shit.
>>
>>92272886
thats generaly like that on 4chan a middleground is simply boring people want their ruined cartoon to rage on
>>
>show changes
>not even that much

Yeah, is obviously bad now
>>
>>92273888
>not even that much
You obviously don't understand the point of old Samurai Jack.
>>
>>92265466
Are tumblrfags still butthurt?
>>
>>92267358
Genndy didn't promise you shit, you goddamn baby.

>>92271810
Motherfucker, people have been explaining why this season isn't as bad as /co/ makes it out to be, & the majority of the responses they kept getting was "I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE STORY THEY'RE TRYING TO TELL, WHERE'S MY ACTION?!" At this point, it does come off as you're just salty that the show didn't do what you wanted it to.
>>
File: 1487884261820.jpg (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1487884261820.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
>>92271810
I will feel hollow forever, because the conclusion box has been checked. Like if Genndy died without making Season 5, someone else could go and fill the void and it have been better than this for sure.

And even if not, people would just assume their vision of how it could end and everyone would be somewhat satisfied. I wanted season 5 or a movie as hell, I was checking youtube and other sites for general updates, since Genndy said that he wants to do it but he doesnt know when theres going to be an opportunity.

Now, after all of this, we get such a piece of shit that I honestly started to doubt myself, if I ever could be hyped for anything. This was the thing, I said to myself, "it has to be good, the original crew is working on it".
>>
>>92275421
how much work did genndy actually do during the old samurai jack days? looking at his Q&A it seems like the poor fucker doesnt even have an idea what samurai jack even is he seemed so clueless about most of the questions asked to him too
the same Q&A where he LITERALLY said "people in my team do so much work and i just put my name on it kinda funny how it works HAHA"
>>
>>92275670
Samurai Jack was literally his idea. And that line was clearly a joke.
>>
>>92275700
he just took the basic premise from a comic so yeah how much did he really do? did he work on all episodes and write them?
>>
>>92272408
I was being sarcastic. I was saying with the amount of hate it seems to be getting lately, you'd think it as on the level of nuPPG, when it's nowhere even NEAR that level.

Whatever you guys think of the new SJ, fine, but I think it's been a great, fun ride, a few bumps here and there, but it's not like the original run was perfect either.
>>
File: 1480269725011.jpg (39KB, 348x333px) Image search: [Google]
1480269725011.jpg
39KB, 348x333px
>>92265466
>very little action
>proof of this is because /co/ tumblr and every other fag on the internet is focussing on the ship and won't shut the fuck up about it.
>implying that /co/ and tumblr would praise this as the second coming of Jesus Dali Lama Christ if there was no romance.

Yeah. Okay buddy.
>>
>>92275765
its mostly just 4chan while NuPPG was hated by everyone i havent really seen people freak out over jashi outside 4chan
>>
https://pastebin.com/m7NhCy6a
>>
>>92275817
The romance isnt really that big of an issue. Jack having a protege or a companion that takes half of his screentime is the worst fucking idea you can do in the last season, especially in something like Samurai Jack that wasnt know for developed arcs or recurring characters.

I dont understand what was the logic behind this but this shit undermined the whole thing and now we have to deal with this.
>>
>>92275881
Literally the only reason why SJ didn't have developed characters & recurring characters is because Genndy knew CN was probably gonna air episodes out of order & it would've been confusing.
>>
They are trying to wrap up the series in 10 episodes. Pairing him up with Ashi is just setting it up for a protagonist to live on once Jack gets killed in the finally so its not all that depressing.
>>
>>92275977
I know and that proves my point. They had time to develop Jack and they didn't use it almost at all. First three episodes were okayish to very good at making him feel like a real human being and now you look at episode 7 when he goes back to his old self like it was nothing and it looks like a work of an amateur.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.