[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw in two months people will recognize Season 5 of Jack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: BeCareful.jpg (34KB, 635x473px) Image search: [Google]
BeCareful.jpg
34KB, 635x473px
>yfw in two months people will recognize Season 5 of Jack is shit and it will be the cool thing to rip it apart on /co/

it's korra all over again.
>>
>>92262326
Goddammit.
Let's talk about the failures of other reboots/continuations as well.
>>
>>92262326
The season is pretty decent, I'm not gonna judge a whole season of cartoon just becase one episode was bad. (And not for the Jashi, the writing of that episode was not that good)
>>
File: 1493596443919.png (69KB, 334x413px) Image search: [Google]
1493596443919.png
69KB, 334x413px
>>92262326
>implying people aren't already doing that

It's hard discussing anything on this board.
>>
>>92262658
The first couple episodes were pretty good, but I think most of the episodes of this season have been poorly paced and just underwhelming. Even the fight choreography lacks tension. And the whole "Jack is tormented by having killed anything" is pretty damn stupid considering that at no point was this ever established or even hinted at. Jack may have only been allowed to kill robots, but he should have no issue with killing real people and the whole PTSD from killing the little rams was dumb when Jack had no issue killing animals for food and slaughtering wild monsters. I could understand him feeling a little bad, but he's a calm, stoic samurai who should know and understand the implications of taking up the life of the sword.
>>
>>92262326
>implying the people that liked it won't simply have moved on and the only people still talking about it art autists who hate it, skewing perceptions

This is how literally every single series works here. The people who like it continue to post until there stops being new content. the shitposters will continue forever.
The things we continue to talk about being good when there's no new content for them are either things that generate new content with smut art or just genuinely impossibly good.
>>
Please no
I really want the ending to be good, it'll break my heart if we get a shitty finale to Samurai Jack of all things.
>>
>>92262983
Phil said he liked it. It's not typical for an actor to praise what they've worked in and lying. If he hadn't liked what Genndy had done he would have just kept it to himself.
>>
>>92262326
Isnt that the normal procedure of /co/'s opinion?
You dont get to actually discuss shit here until after 6 months or a year later of its airing
>>
>>92262326
This series is superior to Korra in every aspect.

Hell even if you hate everything past episode 3 it at least got 3 good episodes.
>>
>>92263104

pretty much. if a follow up/reboot to a beloved /co/ property is released, /co/ throws praise and apologizes for it, giving the most trivial of objections to any valid criticism, in this case it is "you just don't want to see jack happy, you nihilistic loser", or saying "the finale will be good and make up for all the shit" and then will go through the steps of denial and then finally acceptance once said remake/follow-up is objectively and scientifically proven to be shit
>>
>>92262326
Two months? Try a couple of weeks after the finale. You know that shits going to be rushed.
>>
>>92263119
Didn't Korra get 4 good episodes though?
>>
File: Take THIS Drumpf!!!.png (688KB, 1428x575px) Image search: [Google]
Take THIS Drumpf!!!.png
688KB, 1428x575px
>>92263119
Season 1 of Korra was consistently more entertaining than Samurai Jack season 5 up until the last two episodes, which promptly ruined the whole season.

Feels like its heading the same way, these last two episodes could make or break the whole experience.
>>
>>92263495
>Feels like its heading the same way
No, the Samurai Jack season 5 experience is already ruined regardless of the last two episodes. It's much worse than LOK Book 1 actually.
>>
Hey fuckers, should I go back and watch all the old season of jack or just jump into this new season? I watched alot of it when I was a kid but I don't remember dick now. Other than jack wants to go back to his own time period and Aku is his enemy for some reason.
>>
>>92263644
Yes, you definitely should. It'll greatly enhance the season 5 experience regardless of whether you ultimately like the new season.
>>
>>92263644
Yes, rewatch it so you can more objectively judge the value of Season 5
>>
>>92263326
Most of Korra is pretty good, /co/ has just memed itself into believing otherwise
>>
>>92262326
fuck off contrarian. the only people who are still talking about it this deep into the week are people with something to prove. The vast majority love it
>>
>>92263789
>there are actually /co/ posters who think this
>>
>>92262745
>let me whine about this one thing that got resolved over the course of one episode
>>
>>92263852
I'm not even that anon, but there's no need to whine about just one thing when the entire season is shit.
>>
>>92263810
>The vast majority love it
Oh it must be good

eat a dick
>>
>>92263810
"The vast majority love" LOK too
>>
File: 1493907544906.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493907544906.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>92262326
Has the introduction of a sidekick ever thrown a series so off course as Ashi did?
I'm not saying she's bad or anything, but the season did a 180 in tone after her introduction.
>>
>>92263495
>Ashi leaves has an easily defensible choke point from which she can push the army to their doom
>just beats the shit out of the entire army with her fucking fists anyway
Shit was dumb.
>>
File: 1473616161216.jpg (60KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1473616161216.jpg
60KB, 500x450px
>>92262326
>>
File: 1492327241238.png (700KB, 978x508px) Image search: [Google]
1492327241238.png
700KB, 978x508px
>>92264123

They should've just cut the army and had her fight her mother and a couple other cultists.
>>
File: 1494211075816.jpg (91KB, 1101x771px) Image search: [Google]
1494211075816.jpg
91KB, 1101x771px
>>92262326
How many "Season 5 is shit" threads are there going to be? Seriously whoever says it's shit is flat out retarded.
>>
>>92263119

Korra had a more interesting world, more interesting villain and better animation quality.

It's main fuck up was in the writing and lack of likeable characters. Like this season it started strong and with promise but started to show some serious flaws later on.

Jack is probably going to come out looking stronger though.
>>
Season 5 isn't shit.

The first few episodes were fantastic.

The last few have been somewhat mediocre.

I'm just hoping the finale makes up for it
>>
>>92264436
>Korra had a more interesting world,
Kindergarten drawing spirits are more interesting?
>more interesting villain
The expression "a mile wide and an inch deep" comes to mind here.
>and better animation quality.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender/comments/35d38e/atla_comparing_atlas_animation_studios_gallery_in/cr3catj/
>>
>>92263104
You are also forgetting that /co/ would rather talk about waifus than actual animation.
>>
>>92264541
>Kindergarten drawing spirits are more interesting?
Oh it's you from that other thread. Still have shit taste and are completely blind I see.
>>
>>92264541

>Kindergarten drawing spirits are more interesting?

I like how you immediately turned to the spirits. Korra had more to it than that. Republic City was at least more fleshed out than anything in Jack's Season 5.

>The expression "a mile wide and an inch deep" comes to mind here.

And an inch is still deeper than a villain whose entire depth is "incarnation of pure evil".

>https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender/comments/35d38e/atla_comparing_atlas_animation_studios_gallery_in/cr3catj/

I didn't know Samurai Jack was The Last Airbender.
>>
I can't wait to confront Genndy at a con and tell him to his face that season 5 was trash and he's a washed up hack
>>
>>92262326
I honestly don't know how anybody can defend this atrocity.
>>
>>92265049
He should have stuck to making Adam Sandler movies with sony. Clearly this was too much for him.
>>
>>92264875
Actually it's not me, I did borrow the expression because I found it quite fitting though.
>>92265007
>I like how you immediately turned to the spirits. Korra had more to it than that. Republic City was at least more fleshed out than anything in Jack's Season 5.
Sure, but LOK screwed up its source material far more than SJS5 has, at least so far. That's much worse than merely being "uninteresting".
>And an inch is still deeper than a villain whose entire depth is "incarnation of pure evil".
Aku is an extremely well-written villain (though I guess that refers almost entirely to the original seasons as we have barely seen him in S5). Korra's villains ranged from poorly-written to what-were-they-even-thinking.
>I didn't know Samurai Jack was The Last Airbender.
The link was to demonstrate shitty animation in LOK, as I don't have a comparison with Jack available at this time. Point is, it's much closer than you make it sound, even if you're right.
>>
>>92265069
The truth is that everyone who likes new Samurai Jack doesnt understand what made the old one so good and cool. They are probably people that either dont care about it that much and treat it just as a saturday cartoon to watch and forget or they didnt even watch the original seasons.

Its fucking pathetic how much this shit is ruining the fanbase though. People that dont give a fuck tell others who literally waited 13 years for this piece of garbage to fuck off. Genndy sure as hell made it an unforgettable experience.
>>
>>92262326
They're setting up for either Ashi or Jack to die, and I can't wait for the ensuing shitstorm.
>>
>>92262658
>one episode

Try three, arguably four. S5 went downhill after EP3.
>>
>>92263810
the vast majority always leans towards loving things for absolutly no reason other than "the vast majority loves it"
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.