[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an any more egregious example of jobbing than the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: JL_Flash.jpg (121KB, 633x475px) Image search: [Google]
JL_Flash.jpg
121KB, 633x475px
Is there an any more egregious example of jobbing than the Flash being tripped?
>>
>>92250465
Your dads condom.

It totes itself as being dual layered and ribbed for her pleasure but it just never lives up to the packaging blurbs.
>>
>>92250565
6/10, second sentence was unnecessary
>>
>>92250565
edgy as heck
>>
>>92250465
let me attack his mind

oh no it was too much for me despite my being advertised as a powerful telepath
>>
>>92251224
*temple rubbing intensifies*
>>
>>92251224
>AAAAAGHH
>>
File: googledit.jpg (129KB, 900x568px) Image search: [Google]
googledit.jpg
129KB, 900x568px
>>92250465
To be fair, super speed is probably the most inconsistently handled power in media, more so in this genre. Sometimes they'll have the reflexes/reactions to match and sometimes they won't, and sometimes someone significantly slower can react to them.
>>
>>92251354
But a pretty consistent ability in speedster is being able to construct and learn things very quickly, which means they should have much quicker thinking and awareness to go with their body's speed, they would have to be spectacularly inattentive to not see it coming while running past someone.
>>
>>92251459
But that's what I mean?
>>
>>92251354
just like real people, performance is inconsistent. just look at sports.
>>
>>92251502
But it's fiction, it mimics reality to an extent, and I dunno. If I'm thousands of times faster than you, I don't think an off day is gonna bridge that gap and let you hit me.
>>
>>92251482
It's just that it's a huge oversight for a writer.
It's the most egregious considering the writer is just being willfully ignorant about a well known aspect of a characters powerset.
>>
File: 5.png (360KB, 349x701px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
360KB, 349x701px
Genis-Vell being knocked out/killed by Atlas.

Literally the dude who went toe to toe with Rune Thor, had a stand-still with Sentry, and beat up fucking Maestro Hulk was put under by "a guy who kinda grows big."

All that because Marvel didn't know what to do with him despite fucking Annihilation coming out a year later.

Now Captain Marvel has been relegated from "The world's most cosmic superhero" to literally fucking Marvel's Wonder Woman.
>>
>>92251556
And considering that many times it's non powered doing the the tripping, they would have to stick their leg out for a while expecting the speedster to be there, as there is no way they could react fast enough just. s they go by.

Hell, it could be telegraphed enough that a teammate could have enough time warn the Flash about the extremely dangerous leg coming up.
>>
>>92251573
Right. And honestly, it is hard to keep track of. I have my own story, and after a certain point, normal distances and speed gaps between characters make things difficult to incorporate logically.

>Oh no, I have to cross that (15,000 KM) desert in time to stop the ceremony
>Runs at Mach 5000

While you can sacrifice internal consistency for drama, I just upped the scale when appropriate, added legitimate obstacles, and removed those kinds of illogical complications. Slower characters just being around faster characters is a more difficult matter.

>>92251663
Yeah. Not to mention with the force they're running at, the stuck out normal leg should be obliterated.
>>
Super speed is a stupid power to begin with, and no one can write it right for shit
>>
File: 1489298305236.png (245KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1489298305236.png
245KB, 1465x1209px
>>92250565
His dad doesn't use condoms. His mother's husband doesn't have sex.
>>
>>92251502
Even on his bad days an Olympic runner is gonna be a lot faster than some random guy who isn't an athlete.
Flash on his bad days should still be untouchable by most people on DC universe.
>>
>>92250565
eh, you're trying too hard
>>
>>92251556
This is why you would get tripped if you were a speedster. You don't think it could ever happen so you're not actively watching for it.
>>
>>92251556
>Trip a speedster with your leg
>blood and gore everywhere as your leg is torn/blown off from the speed of the impact
>>
Any Superhero with nuclear powers and pointy objects.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.