[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Hellboy' Reboot in the Works With 'Stranger Things'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: HellboyMignola.jpg (72KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
HellboyMignola.jpg
72KB, 600x700px
Did I miss the thread?

>Millennium is in negotiations with producers Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin for a new installment.
>Hellboy, the demonic comic book hero turned Guillermo del Toro film franchise, is poised to return to the big screen, this time without the filmmaker at the helm.
>Neil Marshall, the horror director who broke out with The Descent and won raves for his work on Game of Thrones, is attached to direct the project, which has a working title of Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen and has a script by Andrew Cosby, Christopher Golden and Hellboy creator Mike Mignola.
>Del Toro is not involved, nor is Ron Perlman, the actor who inhabited the red-skinned, cigar-chomping devil in the two previous installments.
>Rather, David Harbour, the Stranger Things star, is in talks to play Hellboy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hellboy-reboot-works-stranger-things-star-david-harbour-1001462
>>
File: Hellboy_The_Wolves_of_St_August.jpg (59KB, 288x359px) Image search: [Google]
Hellboy_The_Wolves_of_St_August.jpg
59KB, 288x359px
>If a deal is made, Millennium would become the third company to make a Hellboy movie in as many releases.
>Hellboy was created in 1993 by Mignola and became an indie comic hit as it told of a demon, raised by a professor, working to fight supernatural evildoers for an organization called Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense.
>Del Toro co-wrote and directed the first adaptation, which was made by Revolution Studios and released by Sony in 2004. The movie made $60 million domestically (another $40 million internationally, asterisked by the fact that this was the era before international box-office dominated performance) on a budget of $66 million.
>The second movie was made by Universal with the same team — del Toro and Perlman — but its box-office mojo was cut short when The Dark Knight, directed by Christopher Nolan and featuring Heath Ledger as the Joker, opened six days later.
>But both movies engendered strong cult followings and there were rumblings of a third installment. Last year, del Toro, Dark Horse Entertainment, Levin and Gordon, the latter of whom controls the rights, explored their options. However, the budget was a stumbling block, with del Toro wanting a bigger canvas for his vision. In the end, the producers decided a reboot and relaunch was the more feasible route.
>Marshall is now developing a new script with Aron Coleite, who worked on NBC's Heroes and is also working on the new Star Trek: Discovery series. He will also act as a producer with his partner Marc Helwig.
>Christa Campbell, Lati Grobman and Carl Hampe are exec producing.
>>
File: 1493509352973.jpg (458KB, 1280x1969px) Image search: [Google]
1493509352973.jpg
458KB, 1280x1969px
There was a pretty good thread about yesterday but feel free to start another one. Do you guys think this is going to raise the price of the library editions?
>>
>>92246639
Maybe, but you should already own all the libraries as well as the bprd omnis. They're like, the best collected editions of anything /co/ related ever
>>
>Rise of the Blood Queen

HECATE OR NIMUE

TAKE YOUR BETS HERE FOLKS
>>
>>92246395
>Did I miss the thread?

No. There's only like 4 people /co/ that still care about Hellboy.
>>
>>92246779
Already got them all, even the BPRD hardcovers.Soon it will be time to get Hell on Earth, Abe Sapien: Dark and Terrible, and Hellboy in Hell
>>
>>92246826
>>92246395
Yes, you missed the thread
>>92212684
It hit bump limit and archived
>>
>>92246825
I vote Hecate

you can get that conversation between Hellboy and her where she talks about his destiny to destroy the world and how she'll be there with hit at the end, and that awesome bit where he basically goes
>no way fag
and breaks off his own horns and stabs her with them
>>
Where can I download all of the Hellboy comics including The final issue "for whom the bell tolls"?

I swear I saw a CBR file on here once for it.
>>
So what was Del Toro's plan for Hellboy 3 anyway?
>>
>>92246779

I have all the BPRD trades so I was never able to justify the omnis. Then I learned they have more sketches but they're out of print now and fuck me.
>>
I'll be honest I could never get into Hellboy. I've read some of the stories but it feels like I am missing something from the story. Am I stupid?
>>
>>92246945
>final issue
>final

Oh friend.
>>
>>92246945
getcomics.info
>>
>>92247069

Maybe? You do browse 4chan.

What did you read? The very first story is disliked by some, as Mignola had John Byrne due the actual writing. He was worried he couldn't write a comic. He wrote the rest of the main series. Most of the spin offs have other writers. Most of them are good though.

Some are so steeped in the lore that they are not places to start. Some are just interesting things that happened to Hellboy to keep us salivating for PLOT/Mignola read a myth or folktale he wanted to play off of.
>>
>>92247028
Something about Liz having kids, one being good, one being evil or some shit
>>
>>92247133
I've read up to the King Arthur stuff. I don't know it was enjoyable but not other-wordly level. Would reading up on the myth stuff help my understanding?
>>
>>92247187
Hellboy might just not be your thing anon, have you tried reading BPRD?
>>
>>92247187

By King Arthur, you mean the Storm and the Fury? My dude, if the series didn't click for you by then, I don't know what to tell you. For me Hellboy is about the slow tension and slow reveal of the true history of the world, and the enigmatic hints of the future to come. I wonder what didn't click for you.

Maybe you wanted something snappier? BPRD runs concurrent to Hellboy and tells a great story.

Plus the idea that they've been working off of a master plan for years and when all done, the Mignolaverse will be DONE. Making it the biggest single comic work ever in its way.

What do you mean by "reading up on the myth stuff"? The myths that inspired Mignola? I find his comics contain the information you need to get his comics. Granted, he has increased my interest in myths, old pulps, etc etc.
>>
>>92246841
Abe is getting collected too?
>>
>>92247303

Yeah it's like one of the old minis and the final trade that's one shots, and two that are the meat and potatoes Hell on Earth era story.
>>
>>92246779
I just bougt the Hellboy LE's (1-5) next paycheck I'll get the 6th one and HB the first 20 years. I have bprd plague of frogs 1-4 and bprd 1946 -1948, and HB weird tales, midnight circus, into the silent sea, and amazing screw on head....what am I missing?
>>
>>92247094
Didn't Hellboy finished? I apolgize if I said something stupid
>>92247109
This is AMAZING
How did I not know about this site?
Thank you anon!
>>
People seem to be really kissed off at Mignola about this since he's "sold out". I say fuck them though he deserves any cash and success he gets with thisq movie, it's honestly bullshit that the inferior movies are more known than the comic and that people actually think the opposite.
>>
>>92247452
>Didn't Hellboy finished? I apolgize if I said something stupid

Well.... yeah it did. But BPRD has a whole third phase to go. Prophecies and tasks are still left unfinished for Hellboy himself too. I very much think there's still at least one more act in his story to go.
>>
>>92247401

Outside of Omnis, Witchfinder, Lobster Johnson, Frankenstein Underground, Sledgehammer 44, Rise of the Black Flame, the Visitor. We know Abe Sapien omnis are coming.
>>
File: Kroenen.gif (71KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
Kroenen.gif
71KB, 500x451px
>>92247454
I enjoy the two films. I kinda prefer the look of the first film though. Plus it had best boy in it.
>>
>>92247503
oh damn thanks for telling me. I have yet to read the final issue so knowing this will make it more enjoyable
>>
>>92247563

That's my theory. That's my hope. Only time will tell. Still, BPRD has something like 50-75 issues to go. We have more Witchfinder coming, more of everything really. This ride isn't over yet.

>>92247528

I forgot Hellboy and the BPRD. Hellboy's career year by year. Starting with his first mission.
>>
>>92247528
I'm waiting to see if the rise of the black Flame gets collected, is sledgehammer just one trade? Missing one LJ, I guess next I'll work on witchfinder... I didn't like the abe series so such so I'm going to wait last to collect that
>>
>>92247542
I enjoy them too but I guess I'm just mad since people are going after Mignola because he decided to continue on and not wait for GDT to do all the shit he still has to do. Del Toro himself even said Hellboy 3 was dead.
>>
>>92247649

Rise of the Black Flame is coming out soon... month or so?

Sledgehammer is already out. A two issue thing, and a three issue mini. They tell one tale in trade.

And I was pretty take it or leave it on the Abe series myself for most of its run. But let me tell you, it REALLY picked up for the last 12 or so issues. A few flashbacks to Abe's early bureau days. Revelations about his past and true purpose. Really good stuff. That series justified itself in fine form. I can't wait for more Abe now.
>>
>>92247650
I understand. Mignola has the right to do what ever he wants with his character. If he wants to make a new film he shouldn't have wait for when Del Toro is has free time 200 years from now.
>>
>>92247873

He wasn't waiting for Del Toro. Del Toro wanted to do three for years. Mignola seems to have somehow gotten an opportunity to make an R Hellboy film. Presumably closer to to the comics, and on a smaller scale. In that time Del Toro tried one last time to get the ball rolling... somehow... and LOL NOPE.
>>
>>92247722
I have the sledgehammer trade but I don't know why I thought there was more to the story so I thought maybe there was a vol 2 (I was probably getting it mixed up with Johammer). Hell yeah Ill buy the rise of the black Flame, I liked it and it made me like the couple more in LJ. Man I don't know about collection abe sapien, the whole grace part ruined it for me, then the flash back was in that weird art, and a bunch of other stuff I didn't like. I do agree the ending was ok, but by that time I was way more interested in strobl. The art where it showed strobl's past was great
>>
>>92248076

Maybe at least grab the last two volumes? second to last is the resolution to Abe's story, the last is all the one shotty stuff. I think.

Anyway, it'd get you what you liked at least.
>>
>>92247958
he definitely wasn't going to go ahead without him, in that regard he was waiting for him
Mignola had to have had people come up to him about doing a new hellboy that isn't a big budget version
>>
>>92246395
I would've been fine with an animated reboot if getting Perlman to act physically was too much of a hassle.
>>
>>92247650
>I'm just mad since people are going after Mignola

Yeah they're treating the source material like it should beholden to the adaptations.

Jeffrey Tambor has been going at it on Twitter, retweeting people saying they won't see it and stating that Del Toro and Perlman are more important to Hellboy than Mingola

https://twitter.com/jeffreytambor/status/862052367683944448
>>
>>92246841
This excites me so much. The HC Mignolaverse collections are just so perfect. Makes me trepidatious to pick up one - trade stuff and Witchfinder and Lobster Johnson.

Should i just say fuck it and go for the trades on some of those? What would y'all recommend/ think is the unlikeliest to get an HC?
>>
>>92250537
I definitely recommend getting the one and done stuff like Frankenstein, Slegdhammer 44, etc.
>>
>>92247620
You ready for Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. 1956, aka Mexico?

That bad boy is only two more 'years' in-story away.
>>
>>92250532
That's a shame
>>
>>92250598
I can't wait for more BPRD Vampire, whenever Ba and Moon have free time
>>
>no Toro
>no Ron
>putting R rated ie edgy up front
Cautiously optimistic
>>
>>92246825
I bet Hecate, since she's the goddess of vampires, and vampires sell well. It would be a fucking shame if they started a new franchise with the second to last arc of the comic, and also something pretty stupid to do.
>>
Who's everybody's ideal recast of the characters?
>>
>>92250670
> no Toro
>no Ron

Golden Army came out in 2008, it's been almost ten years of " we'll get around to it"

I love Del Toro but he has a bad recent history of canceled projects
>>
>>92246945
Main protags are hellboy and Liz's angellic children.

Main antag is Rasputin, again, with Zinco and robot head of based nazi Kronen.

Rasputin turns one of Hellboy's kids by Liz evil, twins face off, end of the world. It looked like shit.
>>
>>92250853
Kronen looked best in his SS gear.
>>
>>92250874
Agreed. His nazi gear is SS tier cook.
>>
>>92250874
Kroenen looked best in anything.
If we are talking looks, I'm hoping to see proper B.P.R.D. uniforms this time.
>>
I don't believe it will happen. It's like that reboot ofthe matrix that's been in the works for a decade
>>
>>92250680
>I bet Hecate, since she's the goddess of vampires, and vampires sell well

Also Republican president in the house means vampires in the cinemas.
>>
> a new script with Aron Coleite, who worked on NBC's Heroes
so it's going to be shit
>>
Will we still get shirtless devil pec scenes?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.