[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell happened to the DC animated movies? They at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

What the hell happened to the DC animated movies? They at least used to be decent, sure they had some duds but those were dull at worst. The new ones are all outright terrible. Bad animation, bad voice acting, and this vapid edginess in every single one.
>>
>>92242224
The cancer known as Geoff Johns took over.
>>
>>92242224
they wanted more continuity so they Flashpoint'd everything and did new 52 shit and brought in Damian and made him unbearable.

and Jay Oliva is a shit director

>>92242274
his only ties to the DC animated crap nowawayd is they adapted his Justice League stories
the only time Johns worked in animation was when he co-wrote an episode for JLU

quit making shit up
>>
>>92242224
The turning point was that New 52 Justice League which makes it obvious why there was a turning point.
>>
I've seen people on here theorize that the budget got cut after The Dark Knight Returns bombed. There's also the fact that most movies starting from Justice League War (or technically, the ending of The Flashpoint Paradox) take place in the same universe, so odds are, it's hard to course-correct if something doesn't work.
>>
>>92242391
They completely ruined Damian by failing to develop his relationship with Dick from the get go.
>>
>>92242391
Johns is CCO, dumbass. To say he wasn't involved in these movies would be foolish at best.
>>
>>92243036
he didn't write 'em, he didn't direct 'em, and he didn't produce them dingus.

Under the Red Hood, All Star Superman, Justice League Doom, Justice League Crisis on Two Earths and a bunch of other DC Animate movies happened during his tenure so according to your logic he's responsible for those too.
>>
>>92243705
Not necessarily related to your argument right now but damn All-Star Superman sucked. I don't want to shit on McDuffie to hard but this was just not a 70 minute-friendly story. Plus they changed one of the best lines in the comic, when Solaris begs for mercy from, "You'll live" to, "I don't think I have any left" absolutely disgusting. It came out before these productions went to shit but the signs of the "vapid edginess" that would come are right there in that exchange. Lois and Lex's voice actors were also not into it at all.
>>
>>92243705
DOOM was absolute shit, and the others were produced before
>>
>>92242881
Probably the reason why Bad Blood and The Judas Contract were at least halfway decent.

They need to work on fixing that relationship as fast as possible. Maybe introduce Jon soon, too, so we can get to fixing this shit universe.
>>
>>92246602
>DOOM was absolute shit
bad taste detected
>>
>>92246646
>Maybe introduce Jon soon, too
As long as Clark and Diana are a thing, that's not happening. They need to either reboot or cut out this shared universe nonsense.
Also, if DC Nation were still a thing, shorts based on Super Sons would have potential.[/spoiler
>>
>>92247604
t. Batfag
>>
>>92242224
Judas Contract was great.
>>
>>92248130
What the fuck are you talking about the movie was good stop being an ass,I guess tower of babel wasn't good either or ALL of Morrison's JLA
>>
>>92248097
Why not? Just make him SM/WW's kid.
>>
>>92248659
That sounds gross.
>>
>>92248659

That would be horrible and a villain in the making.
>>
>>92248579
Tower of Babel's plans made more sense than Doom's nonsense. Also, it wasn't written by Morrison.
>>
>>92249599

It didn't. Both the comic arc and the movie were stupid.
>>
>>92246602
Doom wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either.
The plot was weak as all fuck, but there were some pretty good fights and a few noteworthy character moments that made it passable.
>>
>>92246602
Doom had some things I liked mainly, Claudia Black as Cheetah, damn son.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.