[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First arc is over: Lets have a discussion. Do you like it, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: jlar.jpg (266KB, 720x1092px) Image search: [Google]
jlar.jpg
266KB, 720x1092px
First arc is over: Lets have a discussion.

Do you like it, or is it a total failure? What are your Pros and Cons? Do you like the team constilation or just a few characters? i will start:

Pro:
>Lobo is well written and Orlando did his homework
>Black Canary and Killerfrost seem to be a team inside the team
>m-muh Killerfrost

Contra:
>Batman
>Villains
>>
>>92229964
Orlando is an awful writer
>>
>>92230004
>Orlando is an awful writer

Maybe, but I was talking about Lobo. The story is truelly not the best, but atleast that character, who was litterally fucked 3 years ago, is now well written.
>>
So far so good. Not amazing, but definite potential. I'm trying to compare it to the last 4 JL first arcs, which have all been shit basically.

New 52 Origin - basic
Justice Dark - boring
JLA - forgettable
JL United - bad art
JL 3000 - weird, not for me
JLA 2 - delayed forever
Justice League Rebirth - terrible
>>
>>92229964
Kind of in line with every iteration of the JL since the New 52: meh.
>>
>>92229964
Yeah Batman is the only part that bugs me. I really like the team though and the interactions are fun.

I kinda hope we get some more grounded political stuff. The book kinda reminds me of JLI a little and I'd love to see them run with that.
>>
>>92229964
What is the point of Justice League of America? Did Batman quit the Justice League or something? Why is he invading other countries while representing America? What kind of dirty blackmail does he have on Lobo to get him to join the team? Honestly wtf is Batman thinking? Is he attempting to get Ray and Atom crowbarred?
>>
>>92231226
>What is the point of Justice League of America?
Good question. They try to make it some kind of "superheors are just humans, too"-bullocks, which leads us too the question:
>What kind of dirty blackmail does he have on Lobo to get him to join the team?
We are about to find out, because being honest: He destroyed planets.
>Honestly wtf is Batman thinking?
Not confirmed, yet!
>Why is he invading other countries while representing America?
Guess they need a team and the JLA-name wasnt taken.
>>
>>92230004
really this is it, he's responsible for the first boring Supergirl in a decade
>>
>>92229964
I really hope Batman ends up being Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>92229964
>Villains
I like the concept behind Aegeus selling weaponized mythology
>>
Was okay to great.
Really loved the latest issue.

I have faith in the book.
>>
Orlando needs a scripter. Bad.
Good ideas, shitty character voices

>>92233900
He's not, Tec confirmed JLA is one of the teams set up by him, probably for whatever happens in Metal/Dark Days.
>>
>>92229964
It's really fucking bad, Orlando is terrible and Reis got advertised as the artist but he was barely on it and I doubt he's coming back.
>>
Is this the same shit he did in Libya? Does this cia piece of shit see himself as batman?
>>
File: AJ Lays Trap.jpg (30KB, 462x443px) Image search: [Google]
AJ Lays Trap.jpg
30KB, 462x443px
>>92229964
I liked what I see. The politics took up too much of the plot in the first arc and I came out of it actually liking Lord Havoc, so I dunno what it says about the story.
Batman needs to be what they did with Rip Hunter in the TV show: figurative leader at first and fucks off later, letting someone on the team proper take over.

I think DC saw the potential of Killer Frost with girls so they are doing away with the "Killer" part. I expect Caitlin Snow to become just "Frost" in our lifetime, even.
>>
Needs to result in a Lobo spin off book
>>
>>92229964
I'm enjoying it and i love wakcy team books but its okay and yeah WHY is Batman there
>>
>>92229964
>Lobo
>part of a team

Oh, but it's still new & improved teenage heartthrob Lobo. Only he now looks like the guy he killed back then. So it's a-okay.
>>
File: fraggeroni.jpg (112KB, 600x663px) Image search: [Google]
fraggeroni.jpg
112KB, 600x663px
>>92234692
>Oh, but it's still new & improved teenage heartthrob Lobo. Only he now looks like the guy he killed back then. So it's a-okay.

I guess, that this was planned back in 2013, but this is the real Lobo. Emo-Lobo is imprisoned.
>>
>>92234692
>it's still new & improved teenage heartthrob Lobo
That Lobo acts nothing like this Lobo though. Stop pretending you read
>>
File: thebo.jpg (27KB, 192x291px) Image search: [Google]
thebo.jpg
27KB, 192x291px
Also: New issue tomorrow, lads.
>>
>>92229964
It has some neat ideas, but the execution sucked.
>>
>>92234073
I believe she goes by Frost in JLA now
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.