[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>CartoonNetwork now struggles to get more than 1 mil in ratings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

File: latest ep ratings.png (176KB, 1462x1336px) Image search: [Google]
latest ep ratings.png
176KB, 1462x1336px
>CartoonNetwork now struggles to get more than 1 mil in ratings across the board

How the fuck have they fallen so far?
>>
>>92226024
They (Not including Adult Swim) only have one show worth watching. What do you expect?
>>
Do kids these days not watch tv? Lel
>>
No wonder they only show TTGO if the other shows are pulling those numbers
>>
where do they get their data?

people watch their shows on different mediums
maybe most of their views are from their website and its unaccounted for
>>
File: Loud House.png (139KB, 1452x958px) Image search: [Google]
Loud House.png
139KB, 1452x958px
The Loud House in comparison.
>>
Why does this matter? The price of shows is determined by how much money they pull in. Getting 300,000 more viewers won't make them put more money in shows.

It's a race to the bottom: you get less viewers, you make cheaper shows, you get less viewers.

Then every few years some executive says "hey we should make a good show that gets more viewers" and they invest a little bit more money. If it's successful you get three or four more good shows before the race to the bottom starts again, if it fails you get more cheap shows.

Rinse, repeat.
>>
>>92226024
kids these days only watch cartoons on internet
>>
Network television is a dying medium.
>>
That retard Vishnu killed their based by bringing his CN Asia shenanigans to the US. And he STILL thinks the bleeding can be stopped with TTG.

The only thing we aren't considering is their CN App and social media also being accounted for ratings so TV ratings might not be as important to them.
>>
>>92226153
The girl fart show?
>>
File: IMG_2471.jpg (10KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2471.jpg
10KB, 242x251px
>>92226024
They've been airing the same shit for 4 straight years and their new shows aren't really worth watching and are mediocre at best
They've fucked their schedule so hard that most people won't bother tuning in anymore because all they ever air is TTGo. It's the only show they put any huge emphasis on so most kids only give a fuck about that one show and once it's over they leave
They're relying on one formulae that's clearly biting them in the ass and they aren't really doing anything about it but going the Nickelodeon Viacom route and preferring stagnation instead of change

CN has always gotten the shitter ratings out of the main three tho
>>
>>92226182
Hence why we will kill net neutrality
>>
>>92226273

This, sadly. It seems the big media networks are well aware of the fact that television is dying out and that Internet is the next best thing when it comes to broadcasting movies and shows, but instead of trying to adapt to it, they're trying to adapt Internet to their outdated business model, by lobbying for laws and regulations that would demolish net neutrality and turn it into "package deal" kind of bullshit like television channel packages.
>>
I have the perfect solution to their problem.
Make cartoons that actually take a modicum of talent to make

Now I'll wait while someone uses the ever retarded "but that would be too expensive" argument.
>>
>>92226392
>Quality brings in the ratings
That's never been true and the fact that TTGo! is the highest proves it.
>>
>>92226153
Nickelodeon has always done better than Cartoon Network in ratings
>>
>>92226945
Around 2014, Adventure Time was pulling in 2.0 - 2.5 ratings. Steven and TTG had a steady rate of 1.7 - 2.1 as well.

People can't blame network TV dying or kids don't watch TV when Nickelodeon proves the contrary and when CartoonNetwork had a bit of a high only a couple of years ago. Even if they got lower ratings than anyone else, this is a pretty big drop off from just last year.

I can only hope that the reason they keep pushing shit early to their app and killing their premiere ratings is because their app gets a ton of views. Otherwise it's just shit management to try and get people to use their app more.
>>
>>92226945
Only on the USA.
>>
>>92226122
They kinda don't. Their faces are glued to their smartphones all day long.
>>
>>92226392
>Make cartoons that actually take a modicum of talent to make
It still fail.
>>
>>92226103
>They (Not including Adult Swim) only show one thing
Ftfy
>>
I've heard that more kids watch cartoons on Netflix than any channel nowadays
>>
>>92227938
Possible, but we will never know since Netflix doesn't release numbers.
>>
If you're looking at viewership ratings, it's coming from Nielsen ratings most likely. As far as I know, there's not data to show how many people are/have watched it on demand or online....or even on things like third party websites and shit.

The biggest thing you should see is toy sales. That's what drove Ben 10 originally and eventually why it died. Now, if the new line does good, and if they make toys for some of these other shows, we should have a good indication on how long they'll last.

TTG is some bizarro shit, where there's toys and they just play it all day because they apparently think kids like it. I dunno if that's true or not even, but they think so.
>>
How long befor they just say fuck it and import all their shit from japan?
>>
>>92228179
Not every show has merchandise though. Or anything significant.

>>92228272
Never because CN is too greedy. That's why they dropped anime in the first place; wanting more of the merchandise pie they have to share with the localizers.
>>
>>92226122
There are channels besides Cartoon Network.
>>
>>92228272
CN can't even be bothered to air shows from their own corporate family
>>
Is TTG the only show that's actually earning CN money at this point? I'm just assuming seeing as how it takes up 75% of the timeslots now.
>>
>>92228466
Kind of.
>>
It's almost like kids are tech savvy enough to watch the shit they want on their own schedule without a cable subscription
>>
>>92228466
I assume the Mighty Magiswords collect-em app game MUST make money because they keep promoting it.

I think We Bare Bears does very well in Japan.

Steven Universe Attack of the Light was in the top most purchased app games at one point, which is why they're making a sequel.

Gumball also has the benefit of being a European cartoon so it's probably very successful there + here. Other than that, I don't know. Apparently overseas numbers are a huge deal for CN, I think Ben 10 does better overseas than it does here.
>>
>>92226153
Good, good. Is this the next spongebob?
>>
File: Vishnu.jpg (30KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Vishnu.jpg
30KB, 400x600px
>>92228466
No. The scheduling director is just a retard who thinks if one show has better ratings than the others or has some annoying dynamic where it does okay, but is cheap as fuck, you should spam that show throughout the schedule.

Did the same thing with Johnny Test and back when he was with CN Asia, Oggy and the Cockroaches
>>
File: IMG_1585.png (49KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1585.png
49KB, 200x200px
>>92226392
The only solution is to burn the network to the ground and start a new from the ground up
>>
>>92228531
Speaking of Mighty Magiswords, are they even still producing episodes? I haven't seen on television in months.
>>
>>92228555
Nick already declared it the next Spongebob after 1 week of airing. I think a movie is already in development.
>>
>>92226024
Whoever is in charge of advertising should probably get canned

They don't really put a lot of faith into their new shows and they don't even announce then they are going to do a new pilot

If they brought back something similar to Whatacartoon they could probably bring in some numbers again
>>
>>92228611
OP's image says MM's last episode was in February.
>>
>>92226201
Yeah. Turns out kids like farts.
>>
>>92228602
Never going to haopen.
>>
>>92228531
Because the channel is called "Cartoon Network", international TV companies see it as the "default" network for cartoons, so it often appears first in the kids section of TV guides.
>>
Maybe they should air something else other then just filling up entire days with Teen Titans Go! reruns.
>>
Guys running CN hate things that are different to what they know.

It's like that guy who cancelled the Animaniacs, but with more complete control over the network.
>>
>>92228773
Yet they're going to do a marathon of Gumball.
>>
>>92228808
That's... something I guess?
>>
>>92226746
It's the highest because it's literally all that air.

>Push something down people's throats
>It unsurprisingly makes more money than thing they actively avoid marketing
>"See! This is why they promote X over Y"

CN makes money despite themselves.
>>
>>92228808
Because they literally have nothing else to show...
>>
>>92228531
Makes sense that WBB became a hit in Japan. At least it's popular somewhere.
>>
>>92228821
>>92228844
They need to start greenlighting new shows to watch. Pointless to see reruns after reruns of every shows.
>>
>>92228865
Is it because the bears are NEETS and the NEET lifestyle is popular right now?
>>
>>92228872
Mark my words, CN is heading towards another dark age.
>>
>>92228843
But did TTG get spammed all the time because it was initially popular, or is it popular because it's spammed all the time?
>>
>>92228891
I think it's more just because the bears are drawn in a cute simple art style that makes for easy merchandise like bags and keyrings. Also they're pretty expressive when they want to be.

>>92228940
Well with all the shows that've been keep them afloat for the past years all ending soon (with Regular Show already ended), this is probably true.
>>
>>92228872
Summer Camp Island
OK KO!
Craig of the Creek
Apple and Onion.
>>
>>92228959
>OK KO!
That show can be on the channel. Screw the rest.
>>
>>92228954
When it was initially popular.
CN would have had no reason to spam it like the way they do now if it wasn't. Would have been given Justice League Action tier treatment if no one liked it.
>>
>>92228959
Goddamn, what an abysmal list. If these shows can get on tv, anything can.
>>
>>92229014
Forget about the 2000s.
>>
It's what you get
enjoy your stagnation
>>
At least barely anyone cares about the Powerpuff Girls reboot?
>>
>>92228865
It's somewhat popular in China and Korea too.
>>
>>92229118
Sorry anon, I think the toys sell very well overseas.
>>
>>92229209
Well that's shit.
>>
>>92226024
Blame su, clarence, and nu ppg.
>>
>>92226182
This. There are a million alternatives for entertainment nowadays.
Kids can play videogames, watch Netflix and browse social media at any time they want instead of waiting for something to watch and sitting through commercials on TV
>>
File: 1468900871936.png (53KB, 284x315px) Image search: [Google]
1468900871936.png
53KB, 284x315px
>>92228531
CN is BY FAR the most popular - or among top 3 - cable channel on most countries.

First one regarding Cartoons.

I actualy was surprised to know that Nick does better on United Staes.
>>
>>92227512
This. TV is quickly dying.
>>
>>92229014
It's always been like that m8

Hannah Barbera did it for over a decade
The entire world has watched at least 3 dozen Canada-made turds
Not to mention whatever abyssmal shit that never even makes it out of it's home country there is.
>>
>>92229282
>blame the three shows that never air
Ok?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.