[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want the real Carol Danvers back. Carl Manvers is getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 1468018134917.jpg (620KB, 1487x1772px) Image search: [Google]
1468018134917.jpg
620KB, 1487x1772px
I want the real Carol Danvers back. Carl Manvers is getting on my nerves.
>>
File: ms_marvel_by_spidermanfan2099.jpg (101KB, 600x956px) Image search: [Google]
ms_marvel_by_spidermanfan2099.jpg
101KB, 600x956px
>>
File: 1486569264835.jpg (194KB, 908x816px) Image search: [Google]
1486569264835.jpg
194KB, 908x816px
I want butch Carol to finally settle down with a nice Spider girl.
>>
>>92227563
Jess is fucking that hedgehog, Anya only sees Carol as a mother, and Julia will never forgive her for taking her daughter that one time

so I guess that just leaves Spider-Gwen
>>
>>92227563
Like 2 people like that pairing. Is one of you fags rich enough just to commission all the art.
>>
File: Ms-Marvel-Marvel-Comics-Classic.jpg (146KB, 500x1171px) Image search: [Google]
Ms-Marvel-Marvel-Comics-Classic.jpg
146KB, 500x1171px
>>92225770
Describe her personality from before.
>>
>>92227767
She had weird taste in costumes and used the "Miss" part of "Miss Marvel" in a context most Americans don't even realize ever existed anymore despite it being chosen for her name in the first place because of it.
She wasn't afraid to show off how good she looked in costume (flirted with a few guys, notably Cap and Tony) but refuse to be judged by anything except her competence as a single working woman.
>>
>>92227908
>"Miss" part of "Miss Marvel" in a context most Americans don't even realize ever existed anymore despite it being chosen for her name in the first place because of it.

....what?
>>
>>92227928
Ugh.
Okay, so "Ms" is a very old English prefix used to address a woman, but after the 1880's it wasn't actually commonly used AT ALL in modern English, while "Mrs" and "Miss" (as in the younger version) was used more frequently.
However, the more frequent presence of women in the American workforce in the 1960's and especially the 1970's led to women who espoused equal rights and the burgeoning modern feminism movement want to have a form of personal address towards single working women that was neither a diminuiatuve nor something that suggested subordination to a man, and this brought back "Ms" into more common usage to the point where it's kind of a common thing.
You can even see it in 80's movies like Diehard when McClane's wife corrects Alan Rickman that she is NOT "Misses" but a "Ms", a way of subtly verbally asserting herself as independent.

Ms Marvel's name was picked specifically BECAUSE of this association with feminism at the time because she started as one of Marvel's many cultural fad cash-ins of the decade.
>>
>>92227767
Bit of a cunt, loves violence, but nice and understanding to her friends. Wants Peter's dick. Dreams of being the world's greatest hero but unsure how to get their.
>>
>>92225770
>>92227116

This right here. Why did they reduce her curves also. Seems like thicc shaming to me.
>>
>>92228050
>Seems like thicc shaming to me.

More like female shaming. Feminists downplay femininity because it was defined by its contrast with men. They're ashamed to be reminded that they are women without contextualizing it as an achievement.
>>
>>92227767
Bland blonde, basically.

People will say "she was a hardcore fuck up who loved violence and drunk a lot", and they would be lying.

Her problems with alcohol lasted 6 issues decades ago.

Her Brian Reed book was mostly harmless adventures and an attempt to undo some things she did in "Civil War". Her "love for violence" was a one issue thing where she was violent against aliens. By the same metric, Superman loves violence.

I don't know why her fans feel the need to invent character traits to her.
>>
File: 1493924680816.jpg (421KB, 1293x1538px) Image search: [Google]
1493924680816.jpg
421KB, 1293x1538px
>>92227563
You might be a faggot.
>>
File: Marvel-Civil-War-2-Loyalties.jpg (430KB, 1300x650px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-Civil-War-2-Loyalties.jpg
430KB, 1300x650px
>>92228050

They didn't, though. You're just mad because one artist didn't draw her as "UNNGGHHH THICCCCCCC."

You got so hilariously butt hurt that you make a new thread about it every week that is eventually taken over by Carol!Jessica fans. It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic.
>>
She's never coming back, but on the bright side current shemale Carol will be gone as soon as the first trailer for the movie comes out.
>>
>>92225770
>Not being able to jerk off to the current costume

u gay, nigga?
>>
>>92227767
>I liked the old costume/hair more
>PERSONALITY
Personality isn't tied to a costume, idiot
>>
File: Captain-Marvel-Kris-Anka.jpg (456KB, 1000x1294px) Image search: [Google]
Captain-Marvel-Kris-Anka.jpg
456KB, 1000x1294px
>>92228882
>>
>>92229763
This is a thread for Carol, not Clint.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.