[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scahdenfreude and salt mining aside, who the hell actually wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1494138921888.jpg (45KB, 720x619px) Image search: [Google]
1494138921888.jpg
45KB, 720x619px
Scahdenfreude and salt mining aside, who the hell actually wanted to see Jack be a ronery wizard forever?
>>
File: 1414122641522.jpg (61KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
1414122641522.jpg
61KB, 422x600px
>>92214667
Honestly I was expecting it to be more of a father-son relationship, that Jack would be a surrogate dad.

I mean he's like 70 and she's what? 16?

Oh well. Doesn't matter too much.
>>
>>92214667
I wanted Ashi to be his daughteru
>>
>>92214667
I actually just wanted to see him return to the past and undo the future that is Aku. See him finally succeed in his lifelong quest so he can be happy with his beautiful, peaceful land and his proud parents.
>>
>>92214667
I just miss the beard, why couldn't he got Ashi AND the beard ?
>>
>>92214667
If Jack had gone back to the past and completed his mission and then they did a little flashforward to show him as Emperor with a happy family, wife and kids and all that, that would be fine.

Ashi is not fine. She's romance done wrong.
>>
I want Jack to be happy

Everyone doesn't have to be alone just because I am
>>
>>92214719
He's been wandering for 70 years but he hasn't aged and he hasn't developed.

At that point, people should find it more gross that Rose, a thousands or millions year old being, hooked up with someone who is 35.

Or that kid from Hotel Transylvania hooking up with someone who was 180 years ago.

Also we already saw her teenage phase, she's clearly an adult. She has a fully developed body and way too big body proportions to still be a teen.
>>
>>92216916
Fucking this
>>
>>92218087
>Tragic is equal to wrong
>Would prefer he ends up with some literally who

What
>>
>>92218193
It's fine when the old person is a woman but it's evil when it's a man!
>>
>>92218193
Maybe she's a really ample nubile lady with rocking cans and an ass that wont quit

>I need a cold shower
>>
>>92218229
Wrong because Ashi is boring and everything was rushed and felt contrived. A literally who would be better than that.
>>
Fuck no, the man has had his life stolen from him, he deserves something which brings him peace.

It's not like it detracts from the end goal.
>>
>>92214667
I wanted to see Jack get laid

But bestiality is wrong and Jack shouldn't have raped a wild animal. Just because it's a monkey doesn't mean it's actually human.
>>
>>92218458
>A literally who wouldn't be boring or contrived, over a relationship that makes perfect sense

Huh
>>
>>92216916
She was clearly weirded out by the lack of beard. If she lives, he'll regrow it
>>
>>92218776
The literally who would be part of Jack's happy ending, and as a result of the flashforward would not be contrived.

And Ashi and Jack's relationship does not make perfect sense. It's just waifushit.
>>
File: backtothepastmyass.jpg (87KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
backtothepastmyass.jpg
87KB, 1080x1080px
I wanted Jack to go on a final adventure to defeat Aku, not see some dumb, boring romance hog most of the moments of Samurai Jack of all things
>>
>>92214719
>>92215605

either too young or too much time reading webcomics.
It was obvious from the beginning.
>>
>>92214667
Jack able to find his waifu and is own timeline after defeating aku would have been neat
>>
>>92223786
>It was obvious from the beginning.
How?
>>
File: 1485807748428.gif (3MB, 390x357px) Image search: [Google]
1485807748428.gif
3MB, 390x357px
>>92214667
I didn't like Ashi from the get-go. It has nothing to do with her relationship with Jack. She's just a shitty character.
I don't want to see Jack miserable forever, but having him overcome emotional bullshit on his own is what I've come to expect from his character.
>>
>>92223786
The only thing that made it really obvious was Genndys comment about roaming the wasteland with his crush, the show did a pretty crummy job building it up to the jump in romance we got in ep8
>>
>>92223945
Are you unfamiliar with common, mainstream writing tropes?
or even genedy's work?

>strong sexy female is introduced(who is the only one voiced by a famous VA leaked before ashi was a thing)
>strong sexy male MC fights her initially but wins her trust
>she joins him on his adventure and they depend on eachother while bonding over hardships
>Prince jack shows her the world(no magic carpet)
>Lots of awkwardness showing just the two of them

seriously, why would they create a shapely main character girl(voiced by tara strong) to have adventures with jack, just the two of them?
next you're going to tell me you were surprised by the romantic interest out of nowhere in the princess bride?
>>
>>92214667
I did.
>>
>>92218087
This guy gets it
>>
>>92214667
It's more about Genndy not being able to pace his show for shit and wanting Ashi to be his childhood waifu. Episode 7 should have been about Jack getting his sword back and Ashi fighting her mother so that she could protect him. Instead, Jack getting his sword was incredibly rushed and Ash's complete interaction with her mom was pulled out of nowhere and lasted only 2 minutes. Episode 8 should have been about the two actually getting some time to bond, but instead most of it was B-tier romcom dialogue and "OwO notices ur sword" innuendo.

After setting up Season 5 as something that takes advantage of its TV-MA rating and audience, it started taking a dive after Episode 6 was a mess of cringing Ashi scenes and rushed pacing to fit all the untrimmed content. It was understandable to an extent since it was meant to be a fun episode, but Genndy has turned that into a permanent and poorly done tonal shift instead. The quality of it is leagues worse than episodes like Jack and the Farting Dragon, and it lasted for a third of the season.

It's not the principle of the matter. Genndy just wrote it like shite after 5 stellar episodes.
>>
>>92224091
It was obviously foreshadowed, but I'm surprised that they actually stuck to a cliche setup like that. They could've pulled a bait and switch at any moment and it would've been much more interesting than what we got.
>>
File: b65[1].jpg (94KB, 1189x890px) Image search: [Google]
b65[1].jpg
94KB, 1189x890px
>>92216916
dont worry
once he reunites with scotsman, he gets the cape and crown for the final battle
when aku is finally defeated the 50 years come back to him
>>
>>92224207
>Jack is suddenly in his 70s after killing Aku
>>
>>92224046
That entire story is the most retarded thing I ever heard.

>When I was a kid I imagined the entire concept for Samurai Jack as what I did to play!
>>
>>92224198
I understand wanting more or even hoping for it but the people that were honestly surprised and thought there was no chance it would happen are denser than a black hole and even those manage to get a hold on things being beamed to them.
how new do you have to be to mainstream fiction to be caught off guard?
I imagine this was the only things that tore them away from their amateur webcomics/SU due to it showing up in their social media so much and they were surprised by the differences(which still shouldn't be so pronounced).
>>
>>92224371
>how new do you have to be to mainstream fiction to be caught off guard?
Are you sure you aren't just misinterpreting how others felt about it?
>>
>>92224091
It might seem obvious when you put it all together in a list like that, but honestly I don't think it was that obvious. There was no romantic or even sexual tension between them ever before it actually happened. And none of those tropes were romantically charged either. Jack didn't show her the wonders of the world, he showed her evil. They did very little bonding at all, and Ashi went from hating Jack to trusting him implicitly way too quickly. The awkwardness wasn't very loaded either.

I don't think it was set up so much as it was that nobody could see a reason for Ashi to be introduced aside from being an obligatory love interest.
>>
>>92224241
I think it's kind of neat how he built a good show from a childhood fantasy. Too bad he decided that what the show really needed was a waifu.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.