[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hot Rod now speaks with a french accent in the movie. >Any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: hurmph.png (924KB, 751x718px) Image search: [Google]
hurmph.png
924KB, 751x718px
>Hot Rod now speaks with a french accent in the movie.
>Any new show with a chance to put him in will now speak baguette.
>HON HON HON HON

How does this make you feel?
>>
File: Shitpiece.jpg (18KB, 372x254px) Image search: [Google]
Shitpiece.jpg
18KB, 372x254px
>>92213321
I went to the old Kaon market about a hundred cycles before Scutimus made it illegal to transform in front of the statue of Joxo on top of the tomb of the unknown Functionalist and tried to barter the turbo-fox pelts I had for cybonions because I was sick of eating energon cubes and who should I meet there but old Alpha Trion himself, who was selling cybonions and at a pretty steep price let me tell ya and then I got four macrons out of Kaon before I realized my load was running a little light so I checked my rearview and would you believe the cybonions Alpha Trion sold me were transforming into micromasters and running back to Kaon so naturally I had to turn around and run them down and then I transformed and kind of smushed the survivors until they were all dead and then I smeared their broken little cybonion-stinkin' bodies all over myself and walked back to Kaon and I shot up the place where Alpha Trion was hiding out because he heard I was comin' ta get him right and I walk right up to him and say where's my cybonions fella and he straight up turns into a turbocroc and tries to eat my face so I kicked him over and shot him in the exhaust port and we called it quits.

Feels great. Best times of my life, you should learn to appreciate the moment.
>>
>>92213640
>Functionalist
The most retarded thing IDW invented. Up there with "monoformer".
>>
>>92213672
It's as stupid as robot animals.
>>
>>92213672
Functionalism is a thing you dingus. Just look at China.
>>
>>92213672
>>92213775
it's straight out of Utilitarianism, which was all the rage for much of the 19th century.
>>
>>92213640

You win the thread.
>>
>>92213321
It doesn't make me feel anything because I never once gave a single fuck about Hot Rod.

Call me when they fuck with Kup or Ultra Magnus.
>>
>>92213321
There's only been 3 other incarnations of Hot Rod/Rodimus in the entire series. The original from G1, the retard whatever from Energon, and the cameo from Animated. There aren't very many versions of the character to establish trends like that, especially when that character is filling a niche that Bumblebee seems to be taking on.

That's one of the reasons why I enjoy RID15 more than it probably deserves. A Transformers series that DOESN'T revolve around the same basic Optimus Prime? Yes please.

Also the various character designs and their rules (so the inclusion of minicons, dinobots, predacons, and all the various Decepticons that aren't Megatron's soldiers)
>>
>>92215324
>A Transformers series that DOESN'T revolve around the same basic Optimus Prime
But it does. Optimus is still the same stoic leader as he always been.
>>
>>92213321
why do so many Bayformers have Earth accents?

>inb4 because the internet
>>
File: 56.gif (202KB, 245x176px) Image search: [Google]
56.gif
202KB, 245x176px
>>92215755
>>
File: Neutro-fusiontank.jpg (29KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Neutro-fusiontank.jpg
29KB, 450x300px
>>92213672
Really? Out of everything from IDW, you think Functionalism is the worst thing? IDW didn't even invent monoformers, it just gave them a name.
>>
>>92215524
Yes, the Optimus Prime in RID is the same Optimus from Prime, who is the same basic character he always is.

But he's not the focus of RID15, and when he shows up and tries to lead Bee's team Bumblebee tells him off.
>>
>>92216540
>Bumblebee tells him off.
That was fun. I can't remember any other time Optimus butted heads with a friend over leading.
>>
>>92215324
>There's only been 3 other incarnations of Hot Rod/Rodimus in the entire series. The original from G1, the retard whatever from Energon, and the cameo from Animated.

Aren't the original from G1 and the retard basically the same?
>>
>>92216635
It's a shame that RID15 is underwhelming as a series and constantly in the death slot, because it's really trying to be different from the normal Transformers formula.

I mean, there are episodes that actually talk about Minicons and their value/rights, and how being a Dinobot (and thus physically unable to have a vehicle mode) kind of sucks on a planet where Transformers are still in hiding from the general public. There are even theories that the Alchemor prison ship was pre-war, explaining why most of the prisoners seem to be insane/petty criminals and general riffraff rather than the actual fighters the ship would probably hold.

>>92216764
HA
>>
>>92217074
> constantly in the death slot

Time? Doesn't really seem to effect it. Kids probably watch it before going to school or something.

As for the rest, I'm hoping the new season will at least have Optimus explain his investigation back on Cybertron .
>>
>>92216635
It's a mediocre series, but it has some highlights, and I loved how there was an uncomfortable butting of heads between Optimus and Bumblebee.
>Optimus is the old head used to old school tactics who is a legend
>Bumblebee is the new leader who knows how to handle these newer, different enemies

That and Starscream's turn as the big bad were great.
>>
>>92216324
They already had a name

"Shit nobody liked that isn't Transformers"
>>
>>92218215
Too long
>>
>>92213321
Good. He deserves to get fucked like that after he fucked Optimus over.
>>
File: HSINUP.png (862KB, 608x847px) Image search: [Google]
HSINUP.png
862KB, 608x847px
>>92213321
Not really OP. In all the Bayformers that we've had, only Bumblebee suffered the movie synergy involving black stripes and muteness. The rest remained the same or still follows the G1/early gens versions of the character.

If anything, the only guys who got completely movie-versed after 2007 was Barricade and Blackout, the former getting more of the spotlight as the "minor character who just won't die" and because of the evil cop shtick from Animated to IDW. Blackout just kinda stopped at Animated as a Vortex clone.

So no worries about Transformers Marveling it up.
Sidenote, feels gud to be a Barricadefag.
>>
>>92213321
>Hot Rod now speaks with a french accent in the movie.
Weird, but irrelevant. My memories will never change. It's the one thing the endless rape of transformers can never take away from me.

>Any new show with a chance to put him in will now speak baguette.
Any new show would be a fucking travesty regardless of Hotrod's accent. Every rehash of Transformers has taken a massive cybertronian dump on my G1 nostalgia. No. Transformers is safe in the past. I just hope to God they never get a time machine.
>>
File: brawl_2007_01.jpg (33KB, 853x352px) Image search: [Google]
brawl_2007_01.jpg
33KB, 853x352px
>>92220420
I unironically love all the 2007 Cons. They have a surprising amount of personality for just being enemies with no dialogue.
>>
>>92214462
>Ultra Magnus.
Should have stayed dead. What the fuck was that shit? Why does he get a free pass on getting blown to fucking smithereens?
>>
>>92213321
Initially? Annoyed. Now? Morbidly curious. Frenchie Hot Rod/Rodimus could be fun.
>>
>>92213321

Bayformer's has been ruining the franchise for 10 years now. It's already done all the damage it can do.
>>
>>92221915
>Bayformers
>ruining the franchise
In what way? They're crap movies, but they haven't ruined anything.
>>
>>92221915
If it wasn't for bayformers tf wouldn't be half as popular or successful as it is today. The movies started the comeback of the transformers brand.
>>
>>92222438

I'd be okay with a franchise dying if it didn't mean 10+ years of shitty movies keeping it chugging along only due to foreign markets gobbling up CGI explosion demo reel 2017.
>>
>>92222536
There's worse shlock out there, and Bayformers is inspiring /tv/ more than the Transformers franchise as a whole.
>>
>>92222536
That's just you then. GI Joe tried to get a slice of that Hollywood action and it didn't rescue them from obscurity.

Hell out of all the Hasbro franchises, only TF and MLP got a big push.
>>
>>92214462
Comics already fucked with Ultra Magnus. They killed him off-panel and now an ugly robot is wearing his corpse and pretending to be him.
>>
File: Hound in murica war.jpg (88KB, 1591x691px) Image search: [Google]
Hound in murica war.jpg
88KB, 1591x691px
>>92213321
New trailer
https://youtu.be/T2hRJtVc_ZU

>Hound and Drift were on earth longer
>Hot Rod fought nazis
>>
>>92222745
I think you mean handsome and it's not his corpse. I know you're trying to push that little meme of yours but it just makes you look retarded and like you dont actually know it's not the former UM's body.
>>
>>92222745
>ugly
SHIT TASTE
>>
>>92216324
little Devastator is adorable
>>
>>92220420
>>92220526
My brethren.
>>
>>92215324
>especially when that character is filling a niche that Bumblebee seems to be taking on.

I'm still annoyed by that.
Not even so much because I'm a Hot Rodfag, but mainly because fuck Bumblebee and all iterations of him.
>>
>>92213321
>>Any new show with a chance to put him in will now speak baguette.
That depends on whoever doing the show/game/comic/whatever.
"X but with Y" or "X in name only" is nothing new in TF.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.