[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realized, there wasn't a single political thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

File: images (5).jpg (36KB, 272x408px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
36KB, 272x408px
I just realized, there wasn't a single political thing in this movie.
>>
>>92205193
'K
>>
That's true of most movies, especially capeshit.
>>
>>92205233

In today's America? Where you been, under a rock?
>>
>>92205193
A diverse group of heroes defeats a homogeneous planet of people where everyone is designed as one race.
>>
>>92205193
cool
>>
>>92205360
YES AND AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE!
>>
Yeah, most movies are just there to tell a story, but if someone is obsessed about any specific political message, they'll find some way to see it contained in the movie.

Give it time and the internet will find something political to complain about. There are men and women in the movie so someone will find a way to make it about sexism, there are different races, so someone will find a way to make it about racism, there are romantic/sexual relationships in it, so someone will make it about sexuality.

Whether it be on tumblr or 4chan, someone will find away to make something completely innocuous to be part of their political beliefs or, more likely, something against their beliefs.
>>
>>92205193
Everything becomes political
>>
File: sjws.jpg (28KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
sjws.jpg
28KB, 384x256px
>>92205370

>A seperate but equal group of heroes all strong in their own right but still independent defeat an angry, intolerant race of people who think they can only be perfect if they're all the same race and designed to fit the state
>also they take personal insults so seriously they will kill you for it

I dunno.
>>
And yet it was still trash.
>>
I just realized, there wasn't a single good joke in this movie.
>>
File: MDS.png (688KB, 598x745px) Image search: [Google]
MDS.png
688KB, 598x745px
>>92205428
>>92205451

Well, I meant nothing extremely obviously preachy or 'currently socially and politically relevant' suddenly just popping up, like maybe a humorous scene about star lord encountering an alien that doesn't identify as any 'gender' and he gets lectured or something for being insensitive

After the recent Marvel fiasco I completely didn't doubt the big M wouldn't double down and try to push politics even harder in their films. I was pleasantly surprised GotG2 focused entirely on the story and never fooled around with any '''on the nose''' politics, or anything. Probably one of the best recent movies I've seen.
>>
>>92205577

>"You are beautiful... "
>"...On the inside."

that honestly cracked me up senpai
>>
>>92205624
>Probably one of the best recent movies I've seen.
Stop watching capeshit, because the movie was terrible.
>>
>>92205705

Well, one of the best recent big name Sci-Fi movies I've seen. Certainly better than "Fantastic Beasts and Why You're a Bigot"
>>
>>92205704
that one came close, if only because drax didn't shout it at 200% volume like the rest of his lines
>>
>>92205752
FBAWTFT had way more problems than whatever political message you're imagining it had
>>
>>92205828

>Scamander's out of the blue comment on America's wizards being 'backwards' with their marriage laws and the female black President in early 1900's America wasn't obviously trying to draw lecture-like parallels
>>
>>92205577
>Implying the Mary Poppins joke didn't land
>>
>>92205411
You. I like you
>>
>>92205932
>racism is bad
yeah real controversial statement there
>>
>>92205193
>stepdad acceptance
everything is politics
>>
>>92205193
>I just realized
You are now also aware that the only two members of the GOTG to actually kill anyone in this film were Rocket and Groot. And Yondu if you count him.

Rocket killed people during Yondu's prison-break (though Yondu clearly killed a lot more) and Groot blew up Ego.

That's all.
>>
File: tom-robinson.jpg (25KB, 360x239px) Image search: [Google]
tom-robinson.jpg
25KB, 360x239px
>>92206120

If you don't think there's a difference between addressing issues that actually matter in a mature and dignified way, and just shoehorning in characters and dialogue to 'preach' tolerance, just for the sake of being 'preachy' to lecture the audience for goodboy 'guys SOZIAL ISHYOOS' points, you need a kick in the head.
>>
Of fucking course there isn't, it's a goddamn Disney movie. Everything is as un-controversial and family-friendly as possible.

My relatives refused to see Age of Ultron because they heard he said something about the Alpha and Omega or some shit and felt this was some kind of unforgivable sacrilege.
>>
File: 911.png (182KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
911.png
182KB, 442x341px
>>92206499

Well your family sounds like idiots, but their generation is fading fast.

The problem is now the exact opposite worst scenario is happening.
>>
>>92205193
Are there any sovereign citizens complaining that the movie attacks their views?
>>
>>92206321
The armor literally got blown of during the fight. the camera focused on it for so long that you could see that scene coming from the concession stand
>>
>>92206321
>Quill always carries his space armor on the fly
It got destroyed during his fight with Ego. We see his helmet come off right before the 'I use me hear-" line from Yondu, if memory serves.
>>
They called Mantis a pet and ugly, and she is the first Asian Superhero in the MCU, therefore it's racist against Asian people.

I bet you someone is making that argument as we speak.
>>
>>92206886
I'm pretty sure some anon posted a Facebook conversation that was exactly that in one of the threads last night
>>
>>92206886
>she is the first Asian Superhero in the MCU
She's not Asian, though. She's an alien.
>>
>>92206499
>they heard he said something about the Alpha and Omega
Uh, what? That movie with the wolves?
>>
>>92206957
Anon was raised by wolves, so it's a touchy subject amongst his relatives.
>>
File: Morty.jpg (82KB, 794x708px) Image search: [Google]
Morty.jpg
82KB, 794x708px
>>92205624
Can you name even a single movie, or hell, let's cast the net a little wider, movie or television show EVER (indie shit doesn't count) that has taken time to lecture the audience about the nuances of imaginary genders? Because I don't think you can. The last time I remember anything even remotely similar being brought up was fucking "All in the Family" when a giant cross dresser was revealed to be a good person.

You are tilting at windmills here.
>>
>>92206953
No, she isn't.
>implying /co/ reads comics
>>
>>92207059
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Riker gets a crush on an alien whose race abandoned the idea of genders generations ago but this one alien identifies as female. Her race sees this as a mental illness and wants to correct her thought process. Riker tries to get her asylum but they brainwash her first and it has a rather bitter ending where the "corrected" alien tells Riker that it's happier now that it no longer feels it has a gender.
>>
File: bleach.png (165KB, 404x256px) Image search: [Google]
bleach.png
165KB, 404x256px
>>92207174
Well... I mean, yes, that technically does fill my criteria, but... fuck.
>>
>>92205624
You are thinking of the comics division. That's where the politics is laid on thick.
People say "Marvel has always been liberal", true, but it's writers used to use allegory instead of hitting you over the head.

My only real issue with the MCU is the overuse of quipping and tone-shifting jokes. They pretty much nail everything else. When there are messages they are subtle. There's actually alot of nuance in MCU movies which rewards attentive viewers.
>>
>>92205704
I want to be inside Mantis.
>>
>>92207258
Need some vivaporu for that burn?
>>
Civil War: Evil Tony
Secret Empire: Evil Steve

MCU Captain America Civil War: Flawed Tony and Flawed Steve
>>
>>92207730
Captain America: Civil War had the potential to be a huge trainwreck, but the only bad thing turned out to be a bland airport backdrop. They nailed everything else.
>>
>>92207073
The movie version of the character is an alien, same with Drax.
>>
>>92207835
Why does everyone hate the airport scene it was worth it for scotts moments alone
>>
>>92207976
And Adam Warlock will be too
>>
All of Marvel’s films are Anglo-centric. At least the Batman film people were savvy enough to put Morgan Freeman front and center, while the Iron Man franchise has utterly wasted both Terrence Howard and Don Cheadle. This sends a message to minority communities, whether or not DC or Marvel realize it.
>>
>>92207073
The movie version of the character is an alien, and that is the version we're discussing.
>>
>>92205193
>Forget your individualistic goals, settle down with a traditional family.
>>
>>92207059

Well, not only did you get BTFO, but that wasn't specifically what I meant. I just meant some 'whack you over the head' political BS they keep shoving everywhere now. But you get the point.
>>
File: ending of sleepaway camp.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ending of sleepaway camp.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>92205577
>Chris Pratt discovers he has godlike powers
>"I'M... I'M GONNA MAKE SOME WEIRD SHIT..."
>>
>>92209585
He's going to make a futa?
>>
>>92205193
What the fuck are you talking about?
The Sovereign people were a thinly-veiled jab at the concept of white supremacy. If you look closely, you can see only caucasian actors played them.
Fucking jews can't leave politics out of anything.
>>
>>92210012
Pretty sure at least one of them was a black chick.
>>
>>92210012
They're fucking space elves man.
>>
>>92210012
Actually, the Sovereign was a jab at the modern "offended" groups. Fuck, it's even in the name, Sovereign Citizens ring a bell?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHoQhahXwEk
>>
>>92206134
Gamora kills the tentacle monster
>>
>>92208004
That fight had so many great moments, T'Challa's
triple kick was one of my personal favorites.
>>
>>92209585
Most underrated line in the movie
>>
>>92210918
The delivery was perfect.
>>
>>92206242
What's this urbanite thug doing in a debate on politics in comic related media? Cause I'd rarptger not have to put up with seeing that,
>>
>>92210012
>GAS THE KIKES
>RACISM IS OVER
>>
>>92209585
>>Deviantart
>>
File: 1485515472157.jpg (76KB, 491x491px) Image search: [Google]
1485515472157.jpg
76KB, 491x491px
>>92208291
>>
>>92205193
Child Trafficking is bad is pretty much the only political thing about it.

That, and the fact that Zylak fucking sucks.
>>
>>92209585
>>"I'M... I'M GONNA MAKE SOME WEIRD SHIT..."
and did he? besides Pac-Man?
>>
>>92214396
Not all of those tentacles belonged to Kurt Russel.
>>
>>92209585
t. James Gunn
>>
>>92205193
Maybe Marvel's comics division could learn something from this?
>>
How long ago did they finish filming? How long has the script been set?

Might have missed the cutoff for "alternative facts" and "fake news" inserted into it's dialogue.
>>
>>92214856
>Marvel comics division
>learn
>>
>>92211062
I love jokes that are delivered like that, and the whole audience laughed at it.
>>
>Did you make a penis?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.