[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EAOmXzj rSr8 So why isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1911.png (302KB, 553x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1911.png
302KB, 553x585px
https://youtube.com/watch?v=EAOmXzjrSr8

So why isn't the cartoon community as big as the anime and video game communities? How can we fix this? I think shows like Steven Universe, Avatar, and Star Vs. are good steps at fixing this.
>>
Because only 1 to 2 good cartoons come out every year however there are at least 3 good anime coming out every season. Also western animation is low-tier kiddie shit for the most part and all the ones that can keep an older audience (sans Rick and Morty) are bargin bin knockoff anime like the shows you listed.
>>
Cartoons are shit and only the /very/ autistic care about them
>>
Cartoons are for losers
>>
Most western kids (who are into this sorta thing) go straight from cartoons to anime/vidya as teenagers and don't look back. A much smaller amount end up reading Watchmen or V for Vendetta and come back around to western cartoons.
>>
Theres no reason to watch american cartoons when anime exist

Notice how most WA fans say they don't "get" anime?
>>
>>92176916
Pretty much.

Vast difference in number of shows up out. It's not even a contest.
>>
>>92176835
>I think shows like Steven Universe, Avatar, and Star Vs. are good steps at fixing this
I think you're a fucking idiot. The last show doesn't even get traction online let alone good ratings
>>
File: tumblr_mad655z0n11qbtrumo1_1280.gif (530KB, 900x1140px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mad655z0n11qbtrumo1_1280.gif
530KB, 900x1140px
>>92176835
More variety.
Video games are aimed at multiple demographics.
Anime/Manga are aimed at multiple demographics.
Cartoons are aimed at kids/families to early teens and some "adult" comedies.
>>
>>92178354
It got renewed not because of its TV ratings but because it was getting a ton of views on official online platforms.

The ratings issue is also a consequence of always being on a premium network, rather than its quality.
>>
>>92176916
Once again, the first post is the best post.

Cartoon fans in the west will forever be cucked.
>>
>>92178568
This

literally cucktoons
>>
>>92176916
Literally any of those shows are better than 99% of anime.
>>
>>92176835
>I think shows like Steven Universe, Avatar, and Star Vs. are good steps at fixing this.

That isn't actually a good thing though.
>>
>>92179165
No they're not and you're legit deluded if you think so.
>>
>>92179165
the generic trash I watched last night about a dude who wants to fuck his NEET sister and his nudist neighbor still had better writing than every western cartoon airing right now bar one
>>
File: 1474481847731.jpg (41KB, 374x454px) Image search: [Google]
1474481847731.jpg
41KB, 374x454px
>>92179165
99% of anime you probably never watched.
>>
>>92179165
good joke
>>
File: meh.jpg (21KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
21KB, 600x600px
>Boy superhero goes on adventure story, no character has more than 2 personality traits to identify them by
Yeah real groundbreaking there
>Star Vs.
A westernized 'magical girl' anime, but at least the characters arent all joke characters like in most animes. Definitely a step forward, but only a baby step

>Avatar
Depends if you mean Last Airbender, or Korra's misadventures in navigating lazy writing and bad plot twists. Last Airbender was great, Korra's stuff could have been great if the writers were actually willing to re-write what they had made once it got stretched out from the original 12 episodes planned into 3 full seasons. But Last Airbender does all the right things by being funny without talking down to the audience or having sudden 'twists' that basically undo whole seasons of character development.
>>
File: 1492720659559.gif (2MB, 228x170px) Image search: [Google]
1492720659559.gif
2MB, 228x170px
>>92176916
>tfw ended up thinking IBO wasn't that great of a Gundam entry, and was forlorn about the downer ending for a couple of days
>tfw I still thought it was better than any western cartoon airing right now
we're in deep shit. Quite literally any sort of media is better than western cartoons right now.
>>
>>92178354
Star is popular, just with kids
>>
>>92176835
BRAP
>>
>>92182549
What do you think his farts smell like?
>>
>>92176835
Bringing more people into the cartoon community isnt gonna fix anything, it's only gonna make things worse
>>
>>92183493
More audience invites more variety, which is what the medium desperately needs.
>>
Yes, why not make one cancer tumor grow to be as big as the other two
>>
>>92182113
Star is a harem anime without any shame.
>>
>>92176835
Because most of today's cartoons have shitty writing as compared to videogames and anime which have pretty low standards of writing already
>>
>>92176835
Western animation is for children. It's just the way it works right now. That doesn't mean talented artists don't put a lot of love and effort into a lot of it, but the simple fact of the matter is that there are 0 non-comedic cartoons that are the aimed primarily at adults.
>>
>>92176916
>and all the ones that can keep an older audience (sans Rick and Morty)
You mean the manchild Reddit audience?
>>
>>92186096
>You mean the manchild Reddit audience?

this

>EPIC WUBBY LUBB MULAN NUGGIES *BURP* XD
>>
>>92176835
adults spend a shitload of money on anime and games
adults don't spend money on cartoons outside of a few big names, although this seems to be slowly changing thanks to things like adventure time and regular show making cartoons more acceptable
with money comes more content
>>
>>92176835
cuz cartoons suck. shitty music, sparse waifus, trash OP/EDs, ugly art styles, and either too episodic or too plot focused instead of friendship simulator focused.
>>
>>92186554
>instead of friendship simulator

Thats what Clarence is if you never had an actual childhood
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.