[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being a child is idolizing Superman. Being an adult is realizing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 25

File: IMG_9198.jpg (180KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9198.jpg
180KB, 1024x1024px
Being a child is idolizing Superman.
Being an adult is realizing Lex was right all along.
>>
>>92142008
being an adult is weaning off this gay shit
>>
>>92142008
Having an autistic hatred towards a man who wants to do good?
>>
lex rhymes with sex
>>
Being a child is to believe Superman is real.
Being an adult is to become Superman.
>>
>>92142228
Yes
>>
>>92142256
Whoa, slow down there Nietzsche.
>>
>>92142008
>Superman tears down reservoir wall for no god damn reason
What the fuck is his problem?
>>
File: based or retarded.jpg (48KB, 275x232px) Image search: [Google]
based or retarded.jpg
48KB, 275x232px
>>92142008
Ok stop with this shitty meme.
Lex Luthor is a shitty person who is paranoid over the idea that someone with power can be good. Don't idolize just because he's a villain so it makes you unique and edgy xD
>>
~~deep
>>
>>92142008
Being an adult is realizing Lex is right but also realizing Superman is an ideal to strive for in spite of that
>>
>>92142008
Being a child is idolizing Superman.
Being an adult is realizing it's a fucking comicbook so who cares.
>>
>>92142358
What is Lex right about?
>>
>>92142395
don't trust aliens
>>
>>92142311
He hates the fact an alien is interfering with the development of mankind, instead of a human hero in metropolis they have an all powerful alien.
>>
>>92142378
Being a child is being a contrarian meanie >:(
>>
>>92142422
Anon you know that's bullshit
>>
>>92142422

Ironically without Superman Lex would never come anywhere near his true potential. Superman is an ideal to strive towards and Luthor proves it
>>
>cringy anti Trump art
Superman has better shit to do than worry about some guy wanting to keep out Mexicans

Superman has to keep all of space out of Earth. There's a big grey guy who rules an entire planet coming to fuck our skulls, fuck Trump's wall
>>
>>92142526
>Superman has better shit to do
t. someone who clearly doesn't understand Superman as a character
>>
>>92142422
Anon, we both know as far as motivations go, that's total bullshit. He doesn't spend nearly as much time antagonizing other aliens like Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, or Hawkman and Hawkgirl, nor does he do that with any of the "regular humans given assistance by aliens to be super heroes" like Jaime Reyes and the Green Lanterns. If he was really against the alien, the mutant, the heretic, then he'd be fighting those fellows as much as he were fighting Superman.
>>
>>92142008
Why is there a wall in New York Harbor?
>>
>>92142627
And the artist is one of them.
>>
>>92142627

Superman doesn't go after the president. He didn't even go after President Lex until Lex went after him. If Trump had literal death camps it would be a hole diff rent matter but Superman wouldn't tear down the wall. He would publicly denounce it though.
>>
File: IMG_9202.jpg (260KB, 714x1096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9202.jpg
260KB, 714x1096px
>>92142228
Good for whom?
>>
>>92142686
To keep the Irish out.
>>
>>92142743
How do you know that's not a wall to a concentration camp?
>>
>>92142686
metaphoric

superman destroys a wall keeping north america (represented by the statue of liberty) away from the rest of the world. it's represents anti-racism and equality.
>>
>>92142686
To keep out the kaiju.

Superman just murdered everyone in the city.
>>
>>92142289
>>Superman tears down reservoir wall for no god damn reason
>reservoir wall
>barbed wire
For what purpose?
>>
>>92142777

Because it's clearly about Trump wall, anon.
>>
>>92142810

Barbed wire isn't just for prisons. I wouldn't be surprised if walls to reservoirs were barbed
>>
File: IMG_9200.jpg (155KB, 550x846px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9200.jpg
155KB, 550x846px
https://youtu.be/K4TC1xMyZDI

Is Lex our guy?
>>
>>92142812
Mexico isn't across New York dumb dumb.
>>
>>92142810
So dumb assholes don't try to climb on it.
>>
>>92142812
Trump would order Superman out of the country because Supes is an illegal alien
>>
File: bighorn3.jpg (256KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
bighorn3.jpg
256KB, 375x500px
>>92142810
to stop the goats
>>
>>92142859

Yeah I'm sure it's not poetic license or anything
>>
I don't really think a wall is the right decision, mostly because it fucks up so many animals migration paths. Plus the cost is too high for the effectiveness. It's not really going to be very effective.

But people getting outraged by a politician being against immigration especially when the economy ain't doing too hot is fucking dumb.

Superman wouldn't be doing this, because ironically it would be authoritarian of him to break walls and impose his sense of morality on anyone. He would be more authoritarian then Trump is... Do people making these understand that?
>>
Being a /co/ regular is accepting that you'd down a hundred cocks if you could
>>
File: Superman702-016.jpg (408KB, 1180x1330px) Image search: [Google]
Superman702-016.jpg
408KB, 1180x1330px
>>92142885
Hey, he naturalized.
>>
>>92142311
>paranoid over the idea that someone with power can be good
Wouldn't you be paranoid too if you're always hoping that the most powerful person on Earth stays on your side? Especially one that doesn't really have a reason for helping normal humans out.
>>
>>92142743
Well its not meant to corral a group of people to a certain place. Its a physical expression of a boarder between nations.

People can still come in just gotta go though the proper channels. Which admittedly could use less bureaucracy. Or at least a South Ellis Station.
>>
>>92142953

I don't know why Americans are supporting mass undocumented immigration. That doesn't happen in my country and I can't imagine anybody would be OK with it. It seems to me like it's being spun as a ban on ALL immigration by his opposition
>>
>>92142008
superman, why are you breaking people out of prison? Stop.
>>
>>92142953
>fucks up so many animal migration paths
That's no way o talk about undocumented immigrants.
>>
>>92143023
anti-big-dumb-wall =/= pro-mass undocumented immigration
>>
>>92142852
https://youtu.be/MZCNDwKgi7o
>>
>>92143033
He's breaking Batman out of Rikers.
>>
>>92142747
>>92142852
You don't think Lex is actually sincere about any of that shit right? If Lex really believed it then he wouldn't be killing people and experimenting on them, he would do actual good shit in the name of being good.
All the "End of our achievements" shit is just an excuse
>>
>>92142953
What migration paths? What actually lives down in that region.
>>
>>92142008
>petulant cunt who can't accept that others are better than him and therefore sees fit to throw horrible tantrums which endanger millions

being an edgy teen is thinking lex is right. being an adult is realizing lex and superman would both scare the shit out of you in real life.
>>
>>92143064

I'm not really talking about the wall. But from what I've seen a lot of American are more than happy with mass immigration.
>>
>>92143023
Building a wall is ineffective in stopping immigration. It's an expensive project that doesn't do what it's supposed to do, it has nothing to do with whether or not undocumented immigrants should be allowed into the country.
>>
>>92143064
There are people who do agree with open borders. Like Hilary Clinton for example. But yeah, the wall is very dumb, very inefficient.
>>92143044
I know you are joking, but seriously animal migration paths are rather important to the environment.

>More than 100 animals that are listed as threatened, endangered or candidates for such status under the Endangered Species Act from coast to coast could potentially be impacted by Trump's proposal, according to a 2016 analysis of data from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/trump-s-border-wall-catastrophic-environment-endangered-species-activists-n748446

http://www.veritasresearchconsulting.com/USFWS/USFWS-Trust_Resources-TrumpWall.pdf
>>
childhood is idolizing Batman
teenager age is thinking Joker was right
being an adult is realizing Dick is good
>>
>>92143064
To be fair, I can see why people jump to that conclusion since the most vocal people against it seem to carry "No one is illegal/we're a country of immigrants" rhetoric with them.
>>
>>92143131
Here's the link, it lists all the animals at risk because of the wall

>>92143184
>http://www.veritasresearchconsulting.com/USFWS/USFWS-Trust_Resources-TrumpWall.pdf

I know it's a hippy thing to worry about, but I really do not think a inefficient wall will seriously impact the wall. It's not worth the environmental damage, in my opinion. Gotta take care of the animals man.
>>
>>92143261
>Will seriously impact the environment*
>>
>>92143023
Because the border states are worth a LOT of election points and if they can either make the path to legalization easy or get voter registration/verification weak enough then their party gets a lot of political power.
>>
>>92143261
Let the Jaguars have their entry points. So if anyone wants to go through there they'll have to talk to the Jaguars.
>>
>>92143308
And since some parties encourage illegals to flood said boarder states and they see that as beneficial to their voting blocs. Never going to get them to sign off on effective reform of the immigration system. Hence the wall.
>>
>>92143023
because the majority of illegal immigration are legal immigrant overstaying their visas. a border wall won't do shit. implanting everyone with explosive chips would do more.
>>
>>92143261
I don't think the environmental damage would be all that big. The desert isn't exactly a thriving place for things that can't get over or under a wall. Honestly, if a walls can prevent even one or two nasty forest fires from crossing the border it's probably a wash.
>>
>>92142422
Considering the horrific shit that comes to earth on a regular basis, world ending/conquering shit, he is afraid superman is stopping humanities march to slaves/dust?
>>
>>92143554
That's just what he tells everyone, Lex hates Supes because he's better than him
>>
>>92143459
As a ecosystem is concerned limiting natural forest fires is the last thing we should do

>http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160722-why-we-should-let-raging-wildfires-burn

>Every five to 25 years, natural fires pass through these forests. It is vital for the forests that they do, because the flames burn leaf litter and understory plants, preventing a build-up of forest-floor vegetation.

It's very strange to suggest we should let fires burn, but that's realistically what we should do. Prevent them from coming close to human society, but let them burn.

Also, a wall is potentially damaging to ecosystems. You are essentially cutting the ecosystem in half in some cases, even worse cases you are cutting off partial ecosystems that will essentially die, because they aren't big enough, and they get consumed by larger ecosystems.

Building a giant wall like that could forever segregate certain animal groups to certain countries. That isn't healthy.
>>
>>92142008
Fuck Lex.
>>
>>92143019
>Especially one that doesn't really have a reason for helping normal humans out

you mean other than the fact that he clearly does have a bunch of reasons?.....

I mean i get this is a bait thread but get a fucking grip.
>>
>>92142008
Whoever drew this is retarded and has never read a Superman comic.

Superman does good WITHIN political boundaries, if Khandaq doesn't want Superman flying over its skies, Superman won't do it unless is a major world threatening crisis, not to affect the political scale.

Superman wouldn't tear down that wall, no matter how much he disagreed with it.
>>
File: 40 keks.jpg (63KB, 520x372px) Image search: [Google]
40 keks.jpg
63KB, 520x372px
>>92142008
>realizing Lex was right all along
>adult
>>
>>92144236

This
>>
Why do the triggered /pol/tards thing this is about Trump? Supes is clearly tearing down a wall in New York. There's even water on the other side.
>>
why doesn't he just put the whole world in a bottle, then
>>
>>92142008
well now is as good as any time for DC to get their shit together and release President Lex trades
>>
File: 00050.jpg (183KB, 1440x1197px) Image search: [Google]
00050.jpg
183KB, 1440x1197px
>>92142885
>>
>>92142743
No. Superman wouldn't denounce the wall, he'd fix the problems in third world nations so people wouldn't HAVE to come here. What if Mexico wasn't so bad that people would risk their lives just to leave? Superman finds the source; he doesn't just put a band aid on the problem like a mindless liberal.
>>
>>92142747
Well, I know for a fact that in that comic Superman didn't hire a shady dude to threaten a Union rep's underage daughters with rape and murder if the Union rep didn't cave to Lex Luthor's demands - demands which are clearly stated to fuck over the perfectly normal human workers that the Union rep was trying to get better wages and working conditions.
>>
>>92143987
What is this from?
>>
>>92142008
>Superman destroying government propriety just because he disagrees with its policies

Can this image be more un-Superman?
>>
>>92148532
Up Up and Away.
>>
File: Boivin.jpg (32KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
Boivin.jpg
32KB, 470x470px
Fuck off, Pat
>>
>>92142008
>Lex was right all along.
Right about what? That the world should just bend down and suck his taint? Because, if you buy his whole, "Superman limits us", shtick you're a fucking idiot. He just wants his ego stroked.
>>
>>92148856
Christ, Pat and the other three are fucking retarded when it comes to comics. I swear Matt unironically likes the angel Punisher bullshit.
>>
>>92149019
Ugh, every time that is mentioned I cringe. At least welcome back Frank made up for it
>>
>>92142974
Superman is such a hypocrite.
Those aliens just said they will pay for there needs and not freeload but Superman wants to hold them to a different standard.
>>
>>92143166
Of course we are, do you know how cheaply those fuckers are willing to work? It's almost as convenient as slavery.
>>
>>92142885
That joke's been done on Robot Chicken.
>>
>>92143261
>>92143665
>Here's the link, it lists all the animals at risk because of the wall
Just add gaps big enough for small mammals to cross.

Let's not forget it's mainly going to be a metal fence, not a wall. I've seen housecats walk through gaps in fences often.
>>
>>92142008
>Superman opposes immigration enforcement

>Superman throws his own people into the Phantom Zone

really activates those almonds
>>
>>92143184
>But yeah, the wall is very dumb, very inefficient
Why? What exactly makes it inefficient? Are you one of those people who memes about tunnels or swimming around it, as if the Coast Guard and border patrol didn't exist?

Also stop namefagging. If you're not prepared to be anonymous and feel a need for an identity when it's not relevant to the discussion, just go to Tumblr or Reddit or Neogaf or literally anywhere else
>>
>>92151474
apology about the namefagging thing btw, thought I was replying to >>92143064 at the same time
>>
>>92150700
That's why the industry owners are so much more likely to support lax policies by the Democrats. They don't have to pay Mexicans benefits or the minimum wage.
Americans are perfectly willing to work cheaply in horrible jobs too. Midwestern steel workers do a nasty job in extreme heat, for low pay, but it's still decent money and they get benefits.

Many American growers try and grow an unsustainable, out-of-season crop that they have to sell at a super low price in order to compete; then they complain that they can't afford to pay their workers minimum wage.

t. non-American
>>
>>92151466
He's just sending them back.
>>
>>92142422

You know I feel like ending potentially extinction level threats counts as helping the development of mankind. It's not like human heroes aren't active and that humans are not evolving as we see metahumans running rampant.

Supes is a helping hand to a species that might otherwise be pretty fucked.
>>
>>92151286
>Just add gaps big enough for small mammals to cross.
What about the bigger mammals?

I just think it's a very inefficient way of dealing with illegal immigration.
>>92151474
I was wondering, like WTH I didn't namefag lol.

Anyway, I'm not against cracking down on illegal immigration, I'm just primarily worried about the environment and the cost. Building a wall that big is expensive, and it can really endanger ecosystems. I'd rather we increase monitization of the border, cameras, satellites, heat trackers, whatever. Increase border patrols and agents. Stuff like that.

I'm just an environmental pragmatist. Making a wall has a big price tag, some estimate in the hundreds of billions. I'd rather we just use more pragmatic solutions rather then medieval solutions. Especially considering the environment, which again, I care highly about.
>>
>>92142008
There needs to be a comic where Lex becomes Prez at the same time as Superman appears and they're bros for life. They have the same goals.
>>
>>92151883
>What about the bigger mammals?
Well let's look at the animals said to be (potentially) at risk according to the PDF:
Frogs- will fit
Salamanders- will fit
Birds- if they're too fucking dumb to fly over a 9mtr obstacle they don't deserve to live
Clams- are in ocean
Crustaceans- can swim
Fish- can swim
Flowering plants- eh
Grey wolves- the only one I can see being a problem
Jaguar- can squeeze through
Ocelot- will fit
Mouse- will fit
Bat-will fit
Turtles, snakes, snails- can fit

Make a wolf-sized catflap at every 200m or so monitored by security camera within a short drive of a security post (but not so close you won't spook the wolves), and bam you've solved the problem

>I just think it's a very inefficient way of dealing with illegal immigration
What's more efficient then? The existing methods are obviously failing to do the job, because you can literally walk right over 2/3 of the border with little to no effort. A wall would slow down people trying to cross enough to the point where border forces would be able to catch them mid-climb.

A wall is what Israel used to block their border with Palestine.
>some estimate in the hundreds of billions
Bit of a high estimate really. It cost the Bush administration 2.3 billion to build a fence along 1/3 of the border, despite the estimates being 50 billion (still lower than what you pitched). Trump's fence would only need to cover the remaining 2/3.

Such ridiculously high costs as 100s of billions is just opposition propaganda.
>>
>>92142008
Being a child is idolizing Superman
Being an adult is growing out of fucking capeshit
>>
>>92142743
Modern, maybe.

Golden Age Superman absolutely would, though.
>>
>>92142008
Super man sucks
But fuck you
>>
>>92151474
>Why? What exactly makes it inefficient? Are you one of those people who memes about tunnels or swimming around it, as if the Coast Guard and border patrol didn't exist?
No, I meme about how the Great Wall did sweet fuck all for keeping mongols out of China. To the point where the dynasty that followed the one that put it up consisted of, pause for effect, Mongols.

Long as there are two places, one is a shitty place to live, and one isn't, people are going to do their damnedest to get to the non-shitty place, Walls be damned.
>>
File: ladder.jpg (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ladder.jpg
9KB, 400x400px
>>92152808
>A wall is what Israel used to block their border with Palestine.
A manned border is what is stopping the Palestinians from coming through, and they have a much smaller border.

That fenced wall could work actually, but I doubt that will get used, it'll probably look a lot like Texas's partial border wall. Which won't stop really anything.

Manned borders>Simply border fence. That is why I suggested more border presence and more border equipment to spot people coming over. Treat it like planes, you send an interceptor whenever you spot illegals from crossing.
>>
>>92152861
>Being an adult is growing out of fucking capeshit
There's really no point in fiction unless it's capeshit (preferably DC) or sci-fi.

Everything else is social engineering, wit dulling subliminal propaganda.
>>
>>92151883
Here's another country that made a wall. This wall is much higher quality than the US-Mexico border wall will be, and it cost 3.4 billion, to further illustrate my point that Trump's wall won't cost 100s of billions.

The Saudi Arabia/Iraq wall covers 900km and has 3 layers, costing 3.4 billion, whereas the Trump wall would cover 2000km, have 1 layer, and judging by the 2.3 billion cost of the Bush wall, would cost 4.6 billion.
>>
>>92142786
God, I wish there was a comic about superheroes versus kaiju. They'd have to be really fucking hard to kill, though.
>>
>>92153289
I thought the mongols got through because of traitors opening the gates.
>>
>>92153476
I might have fallen for the "it'll be expensive meme" then. I'm fine admitting I'm wrong on that, I'll need to do more research on it myself before making up my mind. I won't make anymore assumption on costs from here on out.

But that still leaves the environmental problems I discussed. Having a border like the 3 layers of Saudis wall would still concern me, because of migration paths.
>>
>>92153476
>>92153352

To add to >>92153723 if we do do the beach wall picture, it might work, however that would be my main concern. Also, the ladder really still is a major concern. How will we prevent people from just jumping the fence?
>>
>>92151474
>Are you one of those people who memes about tunnels or swimming around it, as if the Coast Guard and border patrol didn't exist?
>Bringing up things that happen is a "meme" now

>>92153476
>The Saudi Arabia/Iraq wall covers 900km and has 3 layers, costing 3.4 billion, whereas the Trump wall would cover 2000km, have 1 layer, and judging by the 2.3 billion cost of the Bush wall, would cost 4.6 billion.
This is all armchair finance. You're very much off. The lowest estimate is at 8 billion. One of the higher estimates is made by your own government's Department of Homeland Security: 21.6 billion.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-wall-exclusive-idUSKBN15O2ZN
>>
>>92148856
>>92149019
>>92149853

Superman is a genre.

Matt's unashamed love of the fucking worst new marvel books is horrible. People finally convinced him to check out Rebirth he picked up Red Hood, Deathstroke and Nightwing and hasn't mentioned them since.
>>
>>92153683
>superheroes versus kaiju
you kiddin dawg? every single fucking event ends with the heroes bullying a giant evil something just one vs 500 to keep it fair.
>>
>>92154212
I may have forgotten it, but I still don't know what he meant when he said that.
>>
>>92142238
SEX LUTHOR!
>>
>>92142204
Why are you here then?
>>
>>92153289
>I meme about how the Great Wall did sweet fuck all for keeping mongols out of China
Great Wall didn't do "sweet fuck all",
Well there's a few things worth noting.

1: The Great Wall covered a border 10x the size of the American border. Much more difficult to police that area.
2: The Great Wall failed to keep out armies. The Trump Wall isn't looking to keep out armies, just unauthorized immigrants and maybe drug lords at worst.
3: The Great Wall was 2m shorter in height than the Trump Wall will be.
>people are going to do their damnedest to get to the non-shitty place, Walls be damned
Well do you see people getting into bank vaults easily? It's all a matter of proportionate security.
>>92153352
>A manned border is what is stopping the Palestinians from coming through
Which Trump's proposed wall also will be. It's true however that Palestine-Israel border is smaller, but that doesn't necessarily mean the Trump border will fail, only influencing how difficult it is to achieve.
>Manned borders>Simply border fence
Anon, it's going to be a manned border fence.
>>92153723
>I might have fallen for the "it'll be expensive meme" then
Well in your favour there is one thing I forgot to mention, which is that the parts of America's border not yet fenced will be more expensive to cover than the existing area. So 4.6 is a too generous estimate on my part actually. It'll be more expensive than 4.6 billion, but it'll also definitely be cheaper than 100s of billions.
> Having a border like the 3 layers of Saudis wall would still concern me, because of migration paths
Again I can't really see it negatively affecting any migration paths other than the Grey Wolf one.
>>
>>92154317

He tried to explain it but it made no sense and never went back to it.

But this is a guy who thinks the Gamecube is blue and can't tell left from right.
>>
>>92154121
>>Bringing up things that happen is a "meme" now
What constitutes a "meme" in the topic of discussion is a poorly thought through criticism which is brought up because other people think of it, without actually considering it first.

The wall is going to extend for a considerable distance underground to make tunneling more difficult, and it's also not hard to outfit border patrol trucks with equipment that scans the terrain for tunnels. I've watched lots of history docos with archaeology departments where they have this towel rail-shaped thing which they stick on the car and move over the ground to map the underlying terrain.

So that rules out tunneling as a serious criticism. Like of course it wouldn't be impossible to tunnel underground, but the aim of this fence isn't to 100% cut out illegal immigration. It's aimed at cutting it down heavily.

As for swimming/sailing, apart from the fact that swimming in the ocean is extremely dangerous and sharks exist, the Coast Guard also exists to prevent boats coming into America illegally, and does a good job of it.
>One of the higher estimates is made by your own government's
Not my government anon, I don't live in America.
>21.6 billion
They quoted TWICE that for the Bush administration fence, that ended up costing 2.3 billion.
>>
>>92155111
>What constitutes a "meme" in the topic of discussion is a poorly thought through criticism which is brought up because other people think of it, without actually considering it first.
What like pulling numbers out of your ass and expecting us to believe it?
>They quoted TWICE that for the Bush administration fence, that ended up costing 2.3 billion.
Blah blah blah I'm siding with the Department of Homeland Security on this.

You know this whole "It's not actually going to be expensive!" argument would be a lot more convincing if the Trump administration didn't already put out a proposed budget plan cutting down practically everything else down so he could spend more money on military and this piece of garbage.
>>
>>92154729
Alright, you've made good points, I'm not going to change my mind 180 over night but it definitely made me look at things closer. This is why having political discourse matters I guess. I'll have to look into things closer.
>>
>>92153289
>>92154729
didn't finish sentence
Great Wall didn't do "sweet fuck all". It was very useful against small-scale border raids, and also helped the Chinese government impose tolls on traders passing through.
>>
>>92142747
This entire speech is the excuse Lex comes up with to justify himself. Everyone who ACTUALLY reads the books knows that.

The reality is that A) he's a white collar criminal and Superman keeps stopping him, and B) Everything Lex ever did was because he wanted to be the center of attention in Metropolis, and the moment Supes showed up, he lost his spot, and THAT's why he really hates him.

I'm sure Lex is so deep in denial that he believes his own bullshit speeches about potential though and isn't willing to acknowledge the real problem.
>>
>>92142747
Nigger that comic is dedicated to showing Lex's mental gymnastics and even despite all of them he comes off as looking like scum for his utter disregard for the lives of others.
>>
>>92142204
Because I'm not an adult
>>
>>92155103
>But this is a guy who thinks the Gamecube is blue

That whole argument was BOTH of them being too retarded to know indigo is a real color BETWEEN blue and purple on the fuckin' rainbow.
>>
>>92142008
Adulthood is arguing politics on the comics and cartoons board.
>>
>>92149019
Well yeah, Matt's an idiot, Pat's street rat crazy, and Woolie's a liar. That's their shtick.
>>
>>92155299
thanks anon you seem like a reasonable guy/girl
>>92155266
>What like pulling numbers out of your ass
I only did that once and pointed it out myself at the same time
>Blah blah blah I'm siding with the Department of Homeland Security on this
The Department of Homeland Security has recommendations in there that will potentially drive up costs, which the Trump administration can choose to ignore. The DHS cost is higher than what it will actually end up being.

Additionally, I think a lot of your opposition to this idea is simply from it being politicized. Even the Democrats used to support the creation of fences along the US-Mexico border: “I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in,” Clinton said at November 2015 town hall in New Hampshire, “and I do think that you have to control your borders.”

What changed? Trump, the anti-establishment candidate, took up the idea. So obviously they had to oppose it as hard as possible and create inflated figures.
>>
>>92142747
>>92142008
"You're wrong...I can see your soul"
>>
>>92147882
didn't he tried to do that on Peace on Earth and failed?
>>
>>92143209

You tried, Dickfag.
>>
Wrong.

Lex, in his most famous incarnations, is a commentary on the link between capitalism and fascism. An evil businessman with an abject hatred for an immigrant because he's incapable of understanding genuine altruism.

Even Batman v Superman understood that by turning Lex into a dweeby "hip" alt-righter, which flew over pretty much everyones head.
>>
>>92156828
/thread

You edgy fucks need to remember that Superman is good and that Lex despite his coolness is completely incapable of understanding that
>>
>>92143446
>because the majority of illegal immigration are legal immigrant overstaying their visas
source
>>
File: 59402805_p0.png (1MB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
59402805_p0.png
1MB, 1050x1400px
Being a child is enjoying comics and cartoons

Being an adult is appreciating manga and anime
>>
>>92143166
The only Americans I've seen pleased with it squat in penthouse suites and gated communities, or bored college students just trying to get laid. Or they're migrants themselves hoping to garner enough of their people to launch a legitimate secession movement, looking on the native culture with disgust and disdain. That's literally it.
>>
>>92142008
childhood is wanting to be an adult
adulthood is realizing that it was better to be a child all along
>>
>>92143108
But he needs to go bat.
>>
I disagree
>>
>>92159514
Nice
>>
>>92142747
>I see something no man can ever be
Erm... In the DC universe, humans WILL advance to the point they are the equivalent of kryptonians. They also gain the superman power set when exposed to the atmosphere of various planets and dimensions.
>>
YOU CANNOT WALL OFF THE OCEAN, ASK NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA OR JERSEY.
>>
File: Jack looks nervous.png (166KB, 728x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jack looks nervous.png
166KB, 728x480px
>>92142204
fpbp
>>
File: Hungary-Illegals-October.jpg (25KB, 602x399px) Image search: [Google]
Hungary-Illegals-October.jpg
25KB, 602x399px
>>92143171
Tell that to Hungary
>>
>>92154567
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_czH0iA1dDk
>>
>>92165177
You mean the "wall" that is basically a few interlocking sets of slinky barbed wire that can be bested if the immigrants have the forethought to bring a mouldy plank with themselves to lay on top of it?
Also it's not like America's immigration problem is the same as a country that is so close to the lands from which people are fleeing right now, that the low ranking fodder was easily convinced they're one and the same during the 4th Crusade.

Also >>>/pol/
>>
>>92165247
>You mean the "wall" that is basically a few interlocking sets of slinky barbed wire that can be bested if the immigrants have the forethought to bring a mouldy plank with themselves to lay on top of it?
So why haven't they? I thought these were the surgeons, engineers and other skilled workers Europe needs?
It's more impressive you don't realise that hungary have had a pretty bad time due to muslims
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Hungary
>>
File: edc.png (57KB, 653x623px) Image search: [Google]
edc.png
57KB, 653x623px
>itt people not protecting their borders with recreational™ attack™ helicopters™
>>
>>92165376
Believe me, you don't need to tell me about this country's history.
Also they have.
>>
>>92165417
Where did the throwing people off helicopter meme come from? Did some anti communist guy decide to throw every communist off a helicopter?
>>
>>92165417
>tfw my edgy post-apocalyptic war thorn tibetian shadowpuppet plays are actually 100% accurate to the real world
>>
>>92165428
[fair enough, /pol/ can be a bit of an echo chamber so it's good to debate soon with different views, expand horizons
>>
>>92165464
Pinochet apparently did it to commies in Chile
>>
>>92165494
Honestly, I understand the sentiment, but sometimes it feels like people are tunnel visioning in on certain issues way too hard.
Like even if every /pol/ meme is 100% correct, and Trump is playing 4th Dimensional Chess with the Lizard Illuminati which is ran by the reanimated carcass of Raptor Jesus (Did you know he was a Jew????), focusing on ((them)) or immigrants being a problem won't solve it. And most stuff I hear being applauded is the same kind of blunt force direct approach that basically equates to playing chess and concentrating only on getting rid of the enemy's queen because it's the biggest most obvious threat.

Then again, there don't even seem to be any other solutions out there, because you can't get elected if you can't convince people your ideas will work, and you can't convince people they will work, if they have no idea what your job even is, only that you're occupying some vague position of power.

God damn it. Now I have to tell myself to go to >>>/pol/
>>
File: Beast of America.gif (932KB, 412x223px) Image search: [Google]
Beast of America.gif
932KB, 412x223px
>>92142008
The one who drew this image is a fool:

https://youtu.be/2lhq0cT42RU?t=53
>>
>>92143111
The point of lex is that lex is human and afraid. Humans do stupid shit when they are afraid. He can see the right path but he cant walk down it himself because he's too afraid to move.
>>
>>92154121
NOITS340MILKIONALIBERTARIANSAIDITONTHEINTERNET
>>
>>92156519
>I only did that once and pointed it out myself at the same time
Once is too many.
>The Department of Homeland Security has recommendations in there that will potentially drive up costs, which the Trump administration can choose to ignore. The DHS cost is higher than what it will actually end up being.
Again the lowest estimate is easily twice your own. You basically have no basis for your numbers, no consideration for other costs, such as for example the fact that they're going to have to buy the land from people who already own it before they build on it, etc.

>Additionally, I think a lot of your opposition to this idea is simply from it being politicized.
The whole proposal is politicized in the first place. We already have border security measures that are very much bipartisan before Trump came in with his BIG WALL. You're kidding yourself if you think the physical barrier is a matter of pure practicality: Trump only wants a giant structure to slap his name on, that's his entire career.
>>
>>92142008
why do we fall for the same shitty bait every time this is stupidity posted
>>
File: 1492778015886.png (93KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
1492778015886.png
93KB, 600x507px
>>92142008
Actually, I used to be one of those kids who thought Superman was a boring tool meant to promote conservative values and jingoism but I've grown to appreciate him more over time (though maybe that means I've just become more conservative and jingoist).

What are the must read Superman stories?
>>
>>92142288
Anon I just spent 4 weeks out of my semester learning about that asshole, so I appreciate this post.
>>
>>92142204
being a child is looking up to heterosexuality.
being an adult is realizing homosexuality is the only possible outcome.
>>
>>92142008
>Being a child is idolizing Superman.
>Being an pissy adolescent is thinking Lex was right
FTFY
>>
>>92142008
What's worse?
Leftist using superheroes for propaganda or right wing using superheroes for propaganda?
>>
>>92168601
Both are equally awful. Then again, I would rather have this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE
Than this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD-MUhMm7lM
>>
File: Bitch Loves Dick.jpg (59KB, 251x587px) Image search: [Google]
Bitch Loves Dick.jpg
59KB, 251x587px
>>92143209
I guess she's no longer a TEEN titan.

I'm taking application for a better set up, this one was a little flaccid.
>>
>>92142953
Golden Age Superman would.
>>
>>92142747
Anyone got that page where Lex is given infinite power to do good and all he has to do is not fuck with Superman?
>>
>>92142953
>I don't really think a wall is the right decision, mostly because it fucks up so many animals migration paths. Plus the cost is too high for the effectiveness. It's not really going to be very effective
this 100%, most illegals are just overstaying their visas
>>
>>92152808
Do we really want to take tips on international relations from Israel?
>>
>>92142953
>because ironically it would be authoritarian of him to break walls and impose his sense of morality on anyone
Authoritarian is the new "you're just like Hitler" insult. Authoritarian isn't just "stop imposing your morality on me." It's about systems of authority, it's in the damn name. Authority comes from the elite recognition and respect afforded to someone simply because of the position they are in. The Authority is the higher class, higher leader, higher power above the plebs that is considered to be worth more because of their higher position in a society. It is capitulation to a system of organization that favors the will and law of people in those positions over others. It divorces leaders from the will of the people and supplants the will of the leader as the fundamental basis of governing.

It's not just some dude with super powers breaking shit. It's about going "well, he's in charge so we should just do what he says. It's his right, after all, as the one in charge." All other political debates aside, Trump is a democratically elected leader, elected on a platform of anti-illegal immigration with promises to build a wall. Him trying to do so isn't authoritarian. But people opposing it on moral or logical grounds aren't authoritarian for trying to stop it, because they are literally not in a position of authority.
>>
>>92142974
Fucking JMS can't write Superman worth shit.
>>
>>92145211

Where's DC comic about Trump trying to get rid of the biggest illegal alien in his country?
>>
>>92171499
There's this, I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaAxUGBzROg
>>
>>92170493
In other words, Superman breaking down the wall because he doesn't like it and decides it's his right as Superman to undermine the government is authoritarian, like the poster says.
>>
>>92142422

Superman doesn't interfere with the development at all. Beyond the whole "world saving thing", what has he done that actually impedes technological progress?

When's the last time in the main continuity that Superman has handed out Kryptonian tech or anything like that?
>>
>>92173060
Lex's point is that by the very fact that Superman is present, he makes that which should be extraordinary mundane.
Superman makes a new Space Age impossible. People can shake hands and get the autograph of something far more remarkable than what humanity can ever hope to achieve in their lifetime, and so the spirit of progress is held back.
>>
>>92142953
>>92143023

1) No one is supporting undocumented illegal immigration, period. What people do support is a path to citizeship for those who have been here for literally decades (especially children who brought here when they were young) and haven't committed any crime (aside from being here illegally) and having a path to citizenship. Of course no one wants serious criminals from other countries to stay here, and people wouldn't be so made at ICE right now if they were just focusing on violent criminals, rather than people who started their lives over here and actually, actively, contribute to the communities they are in.

2) The wall is fucking dumb because not only is it prohibitively expensive, it's also incredibly impractical because the border isn't one big flat plane, it's full of rivers and mountains and valleys and such. Not too mention it wouldn't be anymore effective than what we have now, fences and walls and border patrol posted at strategic points that are set to catch people crossing illegally. Not to mention, as another Anon mentioned, most illegal immigrants are poeple who overstay their visas, which is another reason the wall is wrongheaded because it's a solution that doesn't solve the actual goddamn problem.

3) Illegal immigration from South and Centeral America has sharply decreased since about 2002. The largest population of illegal immigrants actually come out of Asia (mostly China).

tl;dr: The wall is a solution to problem that idiots don't actually understand.
>>
>>92153073
Then he'd grab Trump, jump in the air really high to scare the crap of that idiot savant, while saying something terrifying in a jocular fashion.
>>
>>92171273
I remember being SO hyped for his Superman run... Anybody here remember when JMS wrote good comics? His run on Thor, that was something else, wasn't it?
>>
if superman spends maybe 5 minutes on an alien planet at birth, and 20 something years plus growing up on Earth in the US (in fucking Kansas, no less), is he really an alien?
>>
>>92144562
>criticise liberals for being too sensitive
>get really sensitive any time somebody criticises that douchebag who hasn't even accomplished anything in his first 100 days, besides pissing everyone off
>>
>>92174705

>No one is supporting undocumented illegal immigration, period

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_city
Leaders of sanctuary cities want to reduce the fear of deportation and possible family break-up among people who are in the country illegally so that such people will be more willing to report crimes, use health and social services, and enroll their children in school.

you are a retard. supporting undocumented illegal immigration is 100% a thing, and entirely what Sanctuary cities are.
>>
>>92143019
There is a difference between being paranoid and dedicating your life to destroying someone just because "what if?". I know a lot of people are very invested in trying to validate cartoon levels of villainy these days, but Luther is just flat out stupid.
>>
>>92175418

See:

>>92174705
>What people do support is a path to citizeship for those who have been here for literally decades (especially children who brought here when they were young) and haven't committed any crime (aside from being here illegally) and having a path to citizenship. Of course no one wants serious criminals from other countries to stay here, and people wouldn't be so made at ICE right now if they were just focusing on violent criminals, rather than people who started their lives over here and actually, actively, contribute to the communities they are in.

You illiterate.
>>
>>92175888
>There is a difference between being paranoid and dedicating your life to destroying someone just because "what if?".
Same thing with Batman and his contingency plans, it's one thing to be ready and another to document how to kill all your friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJVvrmLSTsg
>>
>>92173400
How the fuck is knowing just how far other alien species can go pushing back the drive to progress? Seeing things are possible drives us to mimic and improve on them, that's why knowledge and education is exponential, we stand on shoulders of giants and their works and continue to build up.

Lex is pissed because he thinks he should be the pinnacle, but he's not. He's just a grubby business guy who is utterly insignificant in a vast universe full of potential. Lex would rather Earth be a small pond where he was the biggest fish than open it up to the possibilities. You don't grow by closing your mind to potential, especially when that potential keeps shit from that vast space pond from wiping out our planet from existence.
>>
>>92142008
>Being a child is idolizing a person that does heroic and honorable things
>Being an adult is realizing being a self-centered megalomaniac billionaire who plots to take over the world is more convenient

Sounds about right.
>>
>>92177270
I'm just saying what his argument is.

Also, as much as you can aspire to be the people in the great beyond, but the Space Age was fueled by the idea of "Going where no man has gone before".

With Superman, the Green Lanterns and everything else, it's painfully obvious that there is nowhere where someone hasn't gone before.

There's a difference between the urge to go travel the world in the modern age, and the urge to go and see what's in uncharted territories in the age of exploration.
>>
>>92142008
I hate /pol/cucks as much as everyone should, and understand that it's just thematic composition, but it seems silly to me...
>implying Trump's hypothetical wall will be anywhere near Liberty Island.
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.