[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You know, maybe Max isn't all the things that you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 522
Thread images: 86

File: hot tub.png (584KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hot tub.png
584KB, 1280x720px
>You know, maybe Max isn't all the things that you think a son should be... but he loves me.
>Hey, my son respects me!
>>
>>92141189
That was dark. And sad. And depressingly real.
>>
>>92141236
Who would have thought that the greatest source of fatherly disappointment in all media would be Goofy?
>>
Yea, and then he turned into a filthy beatnik, great parenting jackass.
>>
>>92141431
A beatnik who got a piece of tail as fine as his Mom.

Pete would be proud
>>
File: Screenshot (27).png (223KB, 638x421px)
Screenshot (27).png
223KB, 638x421px
OKAY ANON, THIS IS IT: LEFT OR RIGHT?
>>
>>92141889
Even better, unlike his dad, he might actually keep her around.
>>
>>92141910
UH... UH..... RIGHT!
>>
Childhood is thinking Goofy is a good dad.
Adulthood is realizing Pete was right all along.
>>
>>92142022
And intelligence is in recognizing that both have their faults and virtues, and that it's impossible to get everything right.
>>
>>92142064
And Constitution is Goofy and Max surviving the fall off the cliff
>>
>>92142022
This is depressing if you move past the "childhood bad, adulthood good" mentality and realize getting older makes you overemphasize things that don't matter to a child growing up.

Having a good relationship with your kid is much more important than just having their respect.
>>
>>92141189
The thing is, they both had points. Pete's right that you need your son to respect you first and foremost, which is why his son didn't pull shit like Max did.
Goofy's right that a son still needs actual love and a sense that you care about them, which is why he and Max in the long run were happier as a family.

The scene works because while Pete only brought up the map to be an ass, they both have legitimate points.
>>
>>92142064
Pete does not have virtues.
>>
>>92142273
Having their respect means they listen to you and you can protect them from making mistakes that can ruin their lives since most of the time, your kid will make life changing decisions entirely in your absence. If they don't respect you, they may act just to spite you, even when it's not in their best interests.

Being your kids friend is overrated, and that's how you end up with a dead kid or a runaway.
>>
>>92142126
Nah mate, that's just fate points.
>>
>>92142299
He instilled a sense of respect for others in his son, which made his kid a better person than he was. Bringing a bit of good into the world is a virtue, however little it may have been.
>>
>>92142126
Is the Perfect Cast dexterity or charisma?
>>
>>92142390
Wisdom.
>>
>>92142126
/tg/ coming out of the woodwork at unexpected times always gets me.
>>
>>92142342
> If they don't respect you, they may act just to spite you, even when it's not in their best interests.

I'd say that's more likely with a lack of love than of fear. Not to knock respect, it's important, but if it's not backed up with some kind of positive feeling than you're only really respecting the presence and the power. The moment you're outside of those what's to stop you from doing whatever the fuck you want?
>>
>>92142390
luck
>>
Are all forgeting the fact that Pete is WRONG here
his boy doesn't respect him he's AFRAID of him as such >>92142342 is null to a certain degree as PJ would act to spite Pete or excircise his own freedom as soon as Pete is out of the equation and PJ was sure he couldn't intervene
Granted Pete would have to be dead or half way around the world for PJ to feel that comfortable but the fact is Pete has his claws so deep in PJ he doesn't know how to act on his own outside "Pete's list of rules"
And even they themselves are only enforced by Pete's presence
>>
>>92142576
Kinda reminds me of those hardcore christian families. Spend years beating those values into their kids and they lose their mind the minute they go away to college and experience all the shit they couldn't at home
>>
>>92142624
That does seem to be the Goof meister's dump stat
Or maybe it's faith
>>
>>92142022
>>92142064

They're both right, but for the wrong reasons.

You can't strong arm your children into respecting you or they'll turned out fucked up or at worse fucking spiteful. Whats gonna happen when you need an organ or want them to watch your house? Or not put you in a retirement home where the nurses "accidentally" kill you because they don't fucking care enough.

You also can't under any circumstance be your children's "friend", because they don't NEED a friend, they NEED a parent.
You need to be there for them to temper the stupid fucking decisions they have, but to also provide that good unconditional genetic love that they need to be good, social, smart people.

Pete was making the mistake of using his child as a fucking minion.
Goofy was making the mistake of just hoping love would conquer all and was getting used and abused by his coddled child.

Even then, though, you can still fuck everything up since children are such a slow-burning heat and you won't know how successful you were until 20 or so years later.
>>
>>92142704
Yeah, you gotta be careful or you could end up raising a Willis
>>
>>92142704
Not surprising, a lot of Christian families don't even bother trying to explain why certain things are bad to their kids. It's just "The pastor or the bible says this and so you can't do that" and any logic or protest is shouted down by parental authority or at worst an exorcism.

When you really start to encounter ideas outside of the church and people who are actually willing to explain shit to you Christianity really can't hold a candle anymore.
>>
>>92142673
Seriously, just look at PJ in an Extreme Goofy Movie and compare him to his younger self in Goof Troop. There is a big difference and PJ leaving for college really brought out the real him.
>>
Sure must be nice having a dad.
>>
>>92142870
My dad is kinda distant, but he's a hell of a lot better than his dad was and I know I can always count on his love and support.

I hope I'm a good dad some day.
>>
>>92142804
I was raised in a christian family and while me and my mother see certain things differently (gay marriage being a big point) she ultimately loves me, without a doubt. My thing is, just follow the Ten Commandments and be a good person in general but never a doormat.
>>
>>92142910
>I hope I'm a good dad some day.
You've already made a good first step: Caring.
>>
>>92141189
>Respect
Nah. PJ fears him.
>>
>>92142910
Same, helping to raise my niece is gonna be a lot different than caring for my own kid.
>>
>>92142576
The fear of knowing you'll have to face your father again later that night, or some point later on. Respect is without a doubt the most important virtue to instill in a child. Love is important, and I can agree that respect through fear has its flaws but if I could not get a child that both respected and loved me, I'd rather have one that respected and feared me before I had one that loved and did not respect me.
>>
>>92142342
No.
They'll try to get your ass out of their lives as soon as possible and then you'll call them ungrateful because you don't know why they won't love you back. If there's no love, there's no trust and consequently no relationship.
Indeed, this is too damn real.
>>
>>92142753
So what you're saying is that Pete and Goofy should just do the fusion dance and they'd be the perfect parent?
>>
>>92142870
You had a dad once. What you really mean it must be nice to have dad that cares about being part of their child's life.
>>
>>92142870
I once punched my dad repeatedly when stole a large portion of my money to buy alcohol.

We haven't spoken since.
>>
>>92143005
Yes
>>
>>92143001
I think you and others are confusing fear with respect. Fear can be used to reinforce it, but respect is a separate virtue all its own.
>>
File: clay.jpg (169KB, 904x904px)
clay.jpg
169KB, 904x904px
>>92142870
Not always.
Sometimes, it'll be more of a burden.
>>
>>92143037
Ouch. While I can't really condone physical violence (unless done in self-defense) the dude is still a massive prick for pulling that.
>>
>>92143105
Respect can be gained in many ways. Fear is one of them.
>>
>>92142999
>The fear of knowing you'll have to face your father again later that night, or some point later on.
And they moved to a different city so they never have to deal with that shit again. Unless you got some crazy hold on them, they're just gonna fuck off to someplace out of your range first chance they get
>>
>>92142910
Yeah, I know how that is. My dad's kind of got the Hank Hill thing where he endured such shitty treatment from his dad that he grew up emotionally distant and not really willing to talk about how he feels. I think he was distant with us because he had no idea how to be more engaged and open and he probably saw his options as being either distant and kind of detached, or being an abusive tyrant, and that wasn't what he wanted to be.

For all his faults he does care and he does try, and given the shit he had to go through I can't be mad at him for being the way he is.
>>
>>92142870
Same here anon, but at some i understood that is better this way, at least i'm not going to be like him
>>
>>92143177
You can fear someone without respecting them.
>>
>>92143186
I'd rather have them live long enough to be able to say "fuck you dad I'm gonna drink a beer in college" than let them do some crazy shit at 14 when they're out at 2AM because of some bullshit "unconditional love/trust" and then find their dead body in a river or dropped off at a hospital.

Plus most people have that zen moment when they realize Dad was looking out for them in their 20s precisely because they made it that far. Unconditional love dad gets no such moment from their kid. Their kid just abuses their love and gets addicted to heroin or some shit.
>>
>>92143177
That's the tricky part- fear and respect can yield similar results so it's easy to confuse the two. They'll never be the same thing, though.
>>
>>92143276
I concur.
Though your definition of respect seems a bit different from what's in the context of OP's pic.
>>
>>92143177
Go back to being dead, Machiavelli.
>>
>>92143057
Pete also had the problem of basically neutering himself to be a more-or-less honest NORMAL person to raise PJ and Pistol instead of being his actual A-Grade Overt The Top Criminal.

I wonder if PJ's opinion of him would change if he did know how much Pete gave up to be the best father he could be. I mean, at very least he cut off contacts with his cousin Portis and his various criminal friends like Scuttle, Dum-Dum and the Phantom Blot.
Also, Peg might be hot and everything, but Trudy is a far better match for Pete
>>
>>92143057
>Poofy
>>
File: Tom1.png (102KB, 298x388px) Image search: [Google]
Tom1.png
102KB, 298x388px
>>92142870
>be a kid with an estranged father
>mom wouldn't let me be with my father for more than an hour or two
>dad spends that time taking me to see movies
>nearly every movie we watch ends up having some subplot of the main character and his dad having a terrible relationship
>more often than not the goes dad full asshole or straight up Hitler, forcing the hero to either cut him out of his life completely, or straight up kill him

My dad does his best to be with me, but it's like the universe doesn't want him to be part of my life.
>>
>>92143325
My parents were always of the "initially harsh admonishment but then talk things out" variety, and I had respect for them because I didn't want them to be disappointed in me. Not because I was scared that disappointment would lead to admonishment, but because I knew they wanted the best from me and I didn't want to let them down.

Nearly every kid I knew with harsh as fuck scary parents was a raging douche at school by comparison.
>>
>>92143365
Machiavelli stated how Love+Fear>Fear>Love>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hate.
Never EVER be hated.
>>
>>92141189
GOD WHY IS PETE SO FUCKING HOT???
>>
So for all of you people saying respect/fear is overrated, would you truly prefer to have a kid that didn't respect you but still loved you?
I.E. he never listens to what you say, always disobeys, breaks the law, steals from you, absolute mess all around, but is probably going to cry at your funeral?

You would really, HONESTLY prefer that route?
>>
>>92143373
Not sure Pete was ever an outright villain in this continuity as he was in others.
>>
>>92143447
Then say fuck you to the universe and make time for you two to have a relationship, on your own terms.
>>
>>92143365
Machiavelli was actually mistranslated a lot.

"The ends justify the means" in original Italian was closer to "One must consider the means".
>>
>>92143457
That's the thing though. Goofy is clearly not one of those types of parents and if anything, Pete is close to being that type of parent while Goofy was more of a pushover. I think people are overplaying the fear aspect. Pete was not a monster.
>>
>>92143487
I would prefer a kid who respected me but wasn't afraid of me.
>>
>>92142870
Yeah it kinda sucks as a kid, but you end up not caring when you reach your 20's so how many of you have your dad around growing up?
>>
>>92143487
If someone loves you, they will look to you as part of a model for their behavior, so unless you teach them those actions, they might just reject them, like most people do. Or do you just think that you learned nothing about how to act from your parents?
>>
>>92143540
That's the problem. Neither Goofy or Pete are the option you suggest. And if it boils down to only one of those two choices, it makes more sense to be a Pete than a Goofy.
>>
>>92142390
It's more of like a magical ritual so Intelligence (Arcana or Religion).
>>
>>92143567
I know my parents actually sat down and explained what was up a lot, and it helped me realise why I shouldn't do things without trying to scare me into it.
>>
>>92143526
Also, Pete was honestly convinced his son respected him, not feared him.

>>92143505
Most people who quote Machiavelli(or Sun Tzu) generally have never really read their books
>>
>>92141910
>>92141971
>His genuine undisguised disgust and disappointment, to the point where he can't even stand to be in his son's presence anymore

For a movie about a guy named 'Goofy' this shit was too fucking real.
>>
>>92143567
What are you going on about? You can love someone without looking to them as a model for behavior.
>>
>>92143672
Not on a basic human level you can't. Role models, especially those for children, are those they care about, the people they look up to. So why on Earth would a child who loves their parents not look up to them, and thereby learn from them as role models?
>>
>>92143563
I propose a better question anon, how many of you have childs and stay around?
>>
>>92143491
Well in the show, he was a bit of a shady businessman, but he was mostly just kind of a smug dick
>>
>>92143774
A child that loves their parents as they love a secondary friend or acquaintance might not use them as role models. Just like how you don't really pay too much attention to that guy who's hanging at the edge of your friend group and dont model your life after him, but you'd still probably be upset if he died or got into a car accident.

It's still love, but it's not respect. And that's a bad position for a parent to be in.
>>
>>92143487
>respect/fear
You aren't understanding that respect and fear are entirely different concepts. I feared my father when I was young because he would beat the shit out of me whenever he thought I stepped out of line, but the instant the fear was taken away so was his ability to influence my behavior, and I often ended up doing the exact opposite of what he wanted out of pure spite. It isn't an effective long-term solution the way legitimate respect is.
>>
>>92143373

I'm unfamiliar with Trudy. What makes her a better match for Pete?
>>
>>92143447
don't go to see gotg!!
>>
>>92141189

UNDER YER THUMB
>>
>>92143487

>if you don't like this extreme then that means you like the other extreme

if your kid is acting out of fear then they'll turn out to be a gigantic fuck up when they grow old enough to stop being afraid of you. you aren't teaching your kid "do this because it's right", you're teaching them "do this out of fear", which stops working once they no longer fear you.
>>
>>92142299

Such bullshit that this Pete isn't used more. Sleazy used car salesman Pete, who occasionally showed he was a decent guy under it all is best Pete.
>>
>>92143918
Reread the post. I'm saying if you had to only pick between Pete and Goofy. Hence the "thinking Goofy was a good dad, but adulthood is realizing Pete makes more sense/was right (in the context of the movie)".

Pete had his flaws, sure, but if it came down to picking the Pete or Goofy style of parenting, it makes way more sense to have a kid you know can act out of spite in his 20s than have a dead or imprisoned teenager that says he loved you on his way out.
>>
>>92143487
why do yall think that respect inherently means that a child won't be out doing dumb shit

im i lil bitch and i cry at the thought of people i care about having to deal with the consequences of my actions
but I'd go out of my way to spite someone who gives me a hard time. I'm grown, beatings don't scare me
>>
>>92143959
Not saying Pete is right. Im saying it makes more sense to be a Pete than a Goofy. Please stop projecting your family issues this hard and looking for words that were not said.
>>
File: kaiba rain.gif (491KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
kaiba rain.gif
491KB, 460x345px
>tfw your dad isn't the greatest but he tries and that's what matters
>>
>>92144050
>I'm grown
Exactly. That's the point.
>>
>>92144054

It doesn't. Both of them are equally bad options.
>>
>>92144054
So instead of having a kid who loves you and would want to do right by you, you want a kid that would hate you and reject you and anything you would teach them?
>>
File: trudy-e-gambadilegno.jpg (42KB, 640x556px) Image search: [Google]
trudy-e-gambadilegno.jpg
42KB, 640x556px
>>92143925
She's lovey-dovey, patient, caring but doesn't let Pete push her around(not he usually would in first place). She also cooks really well, though I don't remember Peg's cooking skills.

They have a long lasting relationship based on respect for each other and robberies- they live together and act like a married couple in everything but being actually married.
>>
>>92144099
I'll agree they both aren't the best options but Goofy style is easily worse than Pete style.
>>
>>92142576

You need both. I've made a case study out of father-son-brother relationships in my life.

>Great-grandfather a derelict drunk
>Great-uncles both become drunks
>Grandfather (middle son) becomes man of the farm and is responsible
>Eldest great-uncle's alcoholism is what makes younger great uncle an alcoholic
>Grandfather has no respect for his older brother or father, regrets being unable to help his younger brother
>Eldest great-uncle has a terrible relationship with his son, who respects my grandfather more
>Grandfather totally family oriented but stoic
>My father says he never told him once that he loved him
>Father has me and my younger brother
>Brother spends more time with grandfather, strains relationship with dad
>Brother becomes alcoholic at young age
>Dad and I get him to turn things around after a decade of struggle do to our mutual respect and affection for one another

You need both.
>>
>>92144130
>do right by me
Except he wouldn't because he didn't respect me.
Which is the whole point. Just like how fear and respect are two separate virtues, so are respect and love.

You can love someone without respecting them, and if the choice was having a child's respect without their love or their love without their respect, having their respect is the clear choice.
>>
>>92144019
>I'm saying if you had to only pick between Pete and Goofy.
And I'm saying characterizing it as a choice between love and respect/fear is wrong, because "respect/fear" can't actually be combined like that, at least in the context of the scene. Pete isn't respected, he's feared.

>know can act out of spite in his 20s
I act out of pure spite to this day. It's mostly minor things like being nice to waitstaff and being extra patient with people, sure, but it's still the opposite of what I was taught. I never respected the one who tried to instill the teachings opposite to my now-spiteful actions, I only feared them, and now the fear is gone.
>>
>>92144201
Love without respect is basically condescension.
>>
>>92143625
I always felt it a tad out of character for goofy to get so angry, but then again it's honestly justified
>>
>>92144241
Explain how PJ does not respect Pete.
Also
>I still act out of spite to this day...
You're a man child that needs to grow up
>>
>>92144265
Not really. There are numerous examples of things or people you can love without respecting them. Dogs and slaves being such an example.
>>
>>92144348
When's the last time you interacted with a slave, anon? Is there something you want to tell us?
>>
>>92144373
>Not keeping a harem of slaves in your basement
>>
>>92144373
Your mom has some really kinky interests.
>>
>>92144241

>being nice to waitstaff

Jesus Christ, I do this because I believe in being polite and not due to spite. But I am traveling with an older man right now who is so god damn rude to people when he's the least bit miffed about ANYTHING, no matter how unrelated it is to them. Really gets on my nerve.
>>
>>92142342
>If they don't respect you, they may act just to spite you, even when it's not in their best interests. Being your kids friend is overrated, and that's how you end up with a dead kid or a runaway.

>>92144019
>Pete had his flaws, sure, but if it came down to picking the Pete or Goofy style of parenting, it makes way more sense to have a kid you know can act out of spite in his 20s than have a dead or imprisoned teenager that says he loved you on his way out.

Well which is it? Does respect make them act out of spite or not? Do you even know?
>>
>>92144134

Huh.

Sounds like she'd be good for Pete if he and Peg really did get a divorce offscreen in the movies.
>>
>>92144305
>Explain how PJ does not respect Pete.
The moment PJ gets out from under Pete's thumb, he immediately becomes a person Pete does not want him to be. Because the fear is gone. Respect lasts much longer and is able to actually instill values, because you respect the person and the code they were following rather than simply trying to avoid punishment. Think of it this way. You could tell someone that stealing is wrong, or you can tell them that if they steal they'd get punished. The former only works if the person respects you, the latter only works if they fear punishment. So if they get into a situation where they think they can avoid punishment, what incentive do they have not to steal?

>You're a manchild
Maybe. But I think I'd prefer that to being the kind of douche I was raised to be.
>>
>>92144087
My father coddled me and I'm not dead in a ditch, I'm not a heroin junkie, and I'm not any sort of self important brat. I just adopted my father's personality traits because I loved him so much, and became (or at least I've tried to become) a good, caring, decent person (as much as that's possible for someone who browses fucking 4chan). My father's selflessness was a model for me to be selfless and good to everyone around me, not an invitation to abuse him and be a little shit. It's not a binary choice between 'fearful but alive and decent, or coddled but shitty and dead'.
>>
>>92144305
>you should forgive shitty parents or you're a manchild

No, you're a faggot. Shitty parents deserve to reap what they sowed especially in today's world where mismanagement by the older generations has royally fucked the younger generations.
>>
>>92144443
Respect makes them act accordingly. Fear will make them act out of spite.
You should work on following conversation.
>>
>>92142910
>I hope I'm a good dad some day
Man, I'm so scared of parenting. I don't think I could ever be a good dad. My dad was great to me, and I love him, but I'm nothing like him. I would be either far too harsh or not harsh enough. I don't know.
>>
>>92141189
Seeing this movie with my dad was awkward. We went on road trips together a lot, so that being the central basis to the story was a little close to home, though I never tried to convince my dad to drive 2000 miles out of the way to see a Prince concert.
>>
>>92144456
How do you know he became someone Pete did not want him to be?
>>92144464
Obviously, but the discussion in this thread was choosing between Pete or Goofy. Obviously both have their flaws, but it is clear that Pete style out classes Goofy style, though the best would be a mix of both.
>>92144481
Where did I say forgive? Acting out of spite is what's childish. You should act because you are doing what is morally right or wrong, not because you mentally have to spit on someone's grave with every action you make.
>>
>>92142870

Yeah, I've often thought about what it'd be like to be a nigger too, anon.
>>
>>92144485
>Respect makes them act accordingly. Fear will make them act out of spite.
>You should work on following conversation.

Literally one of the comment chains I quoted specifically argued that fear and respect were the same thing.
>>
>>92144560
>How do you know he became someone Pete did not want him to be?
This scene combined with everything about PJ from the sequel.
>>
>>92144584
xd
>>
>>92144639
>argued fear and respect were the same thing
I don't think so, Tim.
>>92144656
Where did Pete say he was not okay with who PJ was in the sequel?
>>
File: Heseesyou.jpg (149KB, 667x650px)
Heseesyou.jpg
149KB, 667x650px
>mfw I want to be a good father in a few years
>mfw my dad was a pathetic piece of shit and I'm afraid of following in his footsteps
>>
>>92144444
Pete and Trudy also are childhood sweet-hearts
>>
>>92141910
>TFW learned the difference between right and left from this scene
>>
>>92144737
>Where did Pete say he was not okay with who PJ was in the sequel?
I said this scene combined with sequel PJ. Just about every interaction in this movie with Pete and PJ involves his father trying to mold him into his own ideal, and then the minute he gets into college and gets a bit of freedom he changes completely.
>>
>>92145003
I still don't see where he did anything Pete explicitly said he didn't want him to do. Pete said he wanted and had a son that respected him. He never said he wanted a foot soldier or that he was actively crafting PJ to be a clone. He was just a bit of a strict parent.
>>
>>92144769
How bad was he?
>>
>>92144348
>Not really. There are numerous examples of things or people you can love without respecting them. Dogs and slaves being such an example.

I.e. things, but not people.
>>
>>92145122
>I still don't see where he did anything Pete explicitly said he didn't want him to do.
He doesn't explicitly say a lot of things, but they are evident in his actions. For example, the way he gets Goofy to do things for him without asking or giving genuine thanks is indicative of his own level of respect towards others, but he never actually explicitly says anything about it (to my recollection, at any rate.) All throughout the movie, every interaction with his son involves him ensuring PJ acts in one specific way, and then in the sequel he stops acting that way.
>>
>>92145373
>I.e. states of love a person can have for somrthing, including their parents
Fixed that for you
>>
>>92145461
The contention is whether a person can love another person without respect.

The examples purporting to show that they can involve "things people own."
>>
File: Ron_Perlman.jpg (25KB, 506x388px)
Ron_Perlman.jpg
25KB, 506x388px
>>92145322
Tried to leech off of some rich(?) skank while he was still with my mom, collected female clients' panties, and never showing my mom any attention due to his porn habit. Also tried to fuck me up after he scared the cat into scratching me and I came at him.

Kinda looked like Ron Perlman if you squinted.
>>
>>92145686
Yeah, and you're in a bad situation as a parent if you have a kid that loves you like a master loves his slave. He probably will cry and feel loss when the slave dies, but he damn sure does not respect it.
>>
File: father's day off.jpg (19KB, 480x360px)
father's day off.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxbLprH00Jc&t=1s

daily reminder that:

>Goofy's first wife cheated on him
>Goofy no longer has custody of Junior
>Goofy's second wife is either dead or divorced him
>>
>>92142022
>Adulthood is realizing Pete was right all along.
There's no confirmation for that in the narrative though.
>>
>>92145809
>Kinda looked like Ron Perlman if you squinted.
That bastard
>>
>>92146065
>GAWRSH MY OWN CLONE! NOW NEITHER OF US WILL BE VIRGINS!
junior was adopted
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (40KB, 488x360px)
snapshot.jpg
40KB, 488x360px
>>92146065
>The way it holds on this face for several seconds while the musical sting goes off

I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did
>>
>>92144241
>Pete isn't respected, he's feared.
Is he? I don't remember ever seeing Pete hurt PJ, or really do anything that would make his son fear him. He sets very strict boundaries, and he's not the friendliest of guys, but I'm not sure where this idea of PJ fearing his father comes from. He seems like a strict, but not abusive, parent, and PJ will probably grow up to be a decent man because of him.
>>
>>92142870
better no dad than a shit dad
>>
I'm not sure PJ really respected Pete. I mean, he really treated him with the same disregard as Max did Goofy.
>>
File: carl sad.jpg (19KB, 230x193px) Image search: [Google]
carl sad.jpg
19KB, 230x193px
>>92142870
>tfw still never met my real father

Feels weird man. I mean, after being adopted and shit, I love my family to death, but I do wish I could meet him. I know he's out there somewhere, but I also know he never made it a point to try and see me. The one time he did, he didn't even show up.

That one episode of Gravity Falls with Soos and his dad hit really close to home.
>>
>>92142022
Well Maxs mom is dead, goofy did the best he could
But Pete is right, what boys need from a father isn't love, it's an example and wisdom
>>
I'm gonna SWALLOW my pride and just say it. If you can't STOMACH an opinion don't even respond. This thread is SHIT. It's nothing but ASS.
>>
>>92147257
>t. My dad yelled at me one time
If you actually grew up without a dad you would not be saying that dumbass shit. I'd rather have a raging alcoholic of a father than a dead one and an emotionally ruined and eternally mourning mother.
>>
>>92145997
>Yeah, and you're in a bad situation as a parent if you have a kid that loves you like a master loves his slave. He probably will cry and feel loss when the slave dies, but he damn sure does not respect it.

Honestly I don't have a response here, other than I don't think you are talking about love at all. Or respect, for that matter.

This is just a complete breakdown in terminology, like the concept of "honor killing."
>>
>>92147825
try dad being a drug addict
>>
>>92147827
Look up the definitions of "love" and "respect" and get back to me.
Protip: you can love something or someone without respecting it.

A prime example in comics and cartoons is the trope where you have the asshole character protect their idiot friend from someone else taking advantage of them with the reasoning being something along the lines of : "They may be an idiot, but they're MY idiot," such as in Billy and Mandy. No respect, but the love is still there.
>>
>>92146065
>>92146922
>Disney is pleased to announce they're about to take a huge progressive step with their new animated show My Two Gay Goofy Dads!
>Premiering this fall on Disney!
>>
>>92141189
Which type of parents have more successful children? Most likely strict parents like Pete.
>>
>>92148224
Still would rather have that than a fucking tombstone.
>>
>>92147160
It comes directly from PJ's own statements and Pete's philosophy. Whether he's actually crossed the line into abuse or not is sort of a separate question, but when PJ disobeys he is more concerned about punishment than actual wrongdoing, which indicates fear of reprisal rather than respect for a value.
>>
>>92147825

>I'd rather have a raging alcoholic of a father than a dead one and an emotionally ruined and eternally mourning mother.

I like how you threw a mother on the other end of the scales there to tip it in your favor.

What makes it all the better is the implication that raging alcoholism will not lead to a ruined marriage and dysfunctional family like a absentee parent will.
>>
>>92148635
At least you can spend time with him on the downward spiral instead of never knowing him.
>>
>>92148443
>A prime example in comics and cartoons is the trope where you have the asshole character protect their idiot friend from someone else taking advantage of them with the reasoning being something along the lines of : "They may be an idiot, but they're MY idiot," such as in Billy and Mandy. No respect, but the love is still there.

I stand by my previous post.
>>92147827
>>
>>92148982
There's nothing wrong with an honor killing either, by the way
>>
>>92149145
Noted.
>>
File: 1494085028018.png (819KB, 706x706px)
1494085028018.png
819KB, 706x706px
>>92142870
>tfw dad dies shortly after he tries to start talking back with me and mum
>mfw I avoided him because I was still salty he abandoned us when I was young
>>
>>92143487
If somebody loves you they wouldn't seriously hurt you/themself without seriously considering the ramifications.
>>
>>92141910
>left is West
>right is North
...right should be East, yeah? That's what the joke was in this scene?
>>
My grandfather was an all around shitty person, abusive to his wife and children. My dad did his best, but his alcoholism and my mother's adultery ruined their marriage and that ruined him. At the very least, he's been supportive of me during my transition, compared especially to his father who once remarked "You're starting to look like a little faggot" because my dad had grown his hair out a bit.
>>
>>92142870
it's great. i love my dad.
>>
>>92150441
Cue that one scene from Metalocalypse where everyone is talking about their shit parents except Nathan.
>>
>tfw I don't even know my real dad and my current dad is too good for me because he cares for me more than my mom and I'm not want they wanted in a child

....wew.......lad.
>>
The problem for me is, my dad was a combination of Pete AND Goofy, and I only acted like a Max towards him. At the end of the day, I was the true evil one in this situation. Now that I'm much older, I have much better relationship with my father, and I know he will always unconditionally love me, but expect the best of me.
>>
>>92142910

>grown distant from my dad despite that I still live with him and mom
>older brother is married and doing alright
>younger brother is currently in rehab and may be facing jail time

I have no idea what to think while watching this movie. Is my dad a good dad? Was my grandfather a good dad to him? Would I be a good dad?
>>
>>92143105
Yeah. Healthy parent-child relationships are built off of both love and respect.
>>
>>92144143
Childhood is when you idolize Goofy. Adulthood is when you realize Pete was right all along!
>>
>/co/ - Daddy Issues
>>
>>92141189
>>92141236
>>92143625
I don't get why this movie doesn't get more loved. It's not WDAS, but I consider it one of the best movies of the Disney renaissance.
>>
>>92150441
>tumblr filename
THE MEME IS REAL
>>
>>92142870
>You now realize that Goofy is a widower and had been raising Max as a single father for who knows how long
>>
File: 1443844553132.jpg (26KB, 604x397px) Image search: [Google]
1443844553132.jpg
26KB, 604x397px
>>92146065
>less than a minute and we have a scene that would be unairable in the current year
>>
>>92141236
The first Goofy Movie was pretty fucking serious about how fathers and sons view one another. It was also weird as hell to see what is usually a comedy slapstick character show heavy emotions and even conflict, I mean damn this was one of my favorite movies growing up and yet whenever I look back at it I just feel weird that I never picked up on any of this shit.
>>
File: 1489895354688.jpg (7KB, 174x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489895354688.jpg
7KB, 174x250px
>>92152390

>he has now found happiness with a new lover in Sylvia after all these years, and now has a great relationship with his grown-up son
>>
>>92152221

It is one of Disney's most underrated films. Solid animation, fun songs, a touching and (then-)modern story with some actual relevance for its intended age group...and at least two furry waifus, to boot.
>>
>>92142285
Pete brought up the map also because he cared about Goofy being played, even if it was to be an ass about it.
>>
>>92143447
when I first met my dad I was 13 and one week he came over with bridge to terabithia on DVD and a bunch of pizzas

he was also high as fuck on prescription pills

imagine the scene of a 13 year old and a stoned 40 year old sitting on a couch screaming "SHE BETTER NOT BE FUCKING DEAD, NO, SHE DOES NOT FUCKING DIE SHE BETTER NOT GOD DAMNIT" at a tv
>>
File: IMG-20170506-WA0001.jpg (14KB, 424x284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170506-WA0001.jpg
14KB, 424x284px
>>92142870
I love my dad.
>>
>>92152650
An Extremely Goofy Movie is great in its own way too, even though it's a straight-up comedy and doesn't have any shit-got-real moments.
>>
>>92142870
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBvbOEXKApE
>>
Goofy Movie had a lot of uncomfortably real moments like this.
>>
>>92153792
It's only Goofy because that's the main character's name
>>
>>92150670
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc7c7Cdfjik
>>
>>92147591
>The one time he did, he didn't even show up.

WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE.

You're better off with him not in your life, Anon.
>>
>>92150323
Maybe it's like how West 94 goes NE for a few miles.
>>
>>92148224
>My daddy injects marijuans :(
Then talk to him retard
>>
>>92148527

I don't know. My parents were incredibly strict with my sister, and she's a 28 year old NEET still living at home. She can barely function on her own and can't make even simple decisions by herself.

I was given a lot more freedom and am doing far better off, Finishing college this semester, got a job and a car and will be moving into my own once I graduate.
>>
>>92142870
>through domestic violence and psychological abuse your dad turned your mom into the perfect example of Stockholm syndrome patient, and turned your brother into a depressed fuck with no emotions, your sister into a volatile feminist and yourself into a socially stunted and solitary man; and to top it off everybody is just waiting for his death to be happy
Shit at least I don't watch anime
>>
File: 1461371454341.jpg (70KB, 573x939px) Image search: [Google]
1461371454341.jpg
70KB, 573x939px
>>92156418
>I don't watch anime
You'll come around eventually.
>>
>>92142870
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5B-Xy9AOqd4
>>
File: RainCheetah.gif (2MB, 350x190px) Image search: [Google]
RainCheetah.gif
2MB, 350x190px
>>92147591
>He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy.
>>
>>92142870
It's alright.
>>
File: Fathers Day Off 1953.jpg (22KB, 488x360px) Image search: [Google]
Fathers Day Off 1953.jpg
22KB, 488x360px
>>92146065
>Goofy starts getting into and expecting the kisses from the delivery people
Obviously they're swingers

Also, there's some great faces in this.
>>
>>92156418
>tfw mom now telling me shit she hid from me about my step dad like how he stole from the military 3 times, mocked her for mourning her mom that died of spreading cancer and had forced her out of the car barefoot to walk home from 2 hours away while waiting in the car at home so it looked like they came home together

I hope she means it when she says she's divorcing that piece of shit.
>>
>>92141236
It was rather a dark scene. However, this same scene started my chubby chasers obsession with Pete.

Thanks movie. :/
>>
File: tumblr_o5zrywvyr41shholio1_500.gif (518KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5zrywvyr41shholio1_500.gif
518KB, 500x343px
>>92142870
>tfw dad lost his mind and went to get help when I was 7
>tfw the drugs they gave to help my dad gave him a stroke and fried his brain
>tfw he spent 20+ years in a mental hospital and nursing home until he died from lung cancer
>tfw visiting him and had to watch him deteriorate
>>
File: IMG_0458.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0458.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>92142870
>Me and dads relationship is literally becoming Cats in the Cradle
>>
>>92156883
Ya gonna make me cry damnit
>>
>>92141189
Man, Pete is hot
>>
>Papa had me in his early 30's
>He works hard everyday for a good living
>Got really sick one day and ended up with diabetes
>since then have been watching my dad work himself to death slowly
>I work with him to ease off the labor from him
>Tell me "Son, ya should really try a job at the mall. You could meet a cute girl there."

I'm not worthy of my dad
>>
File: 1417143941452.gif (2MB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
1417143941452.gif
2MB, 225x169px
>>92142870
I've completely bypassed this feel.

He never showed up and I forgot what he looks like due to throwing the only picture I had of him in the trash.

Oh well.
>>
>>92142753
>You also can't under any circumstance be your children's "friend", because they don't NEED a friend, they NEED a parent.

That's asinine. Parents can absolutely be their child's friend. They just have to be their parent *first and foremost*. If your parent isn't your friend, they aren't doing it right. If your parent is forced to make a decision between being your parent and being your friend, they should act as your parent. But that doesn't mean they can't be your friend outside of those decisions.

Go out and play catch with your son; be his friend.
>>
>>92160199

I have a very similar story to you except in this scenario my dad was incredibly angry and still is to this day. He was recently diagnosed with diabetes and continues to smoke whenever something even slightly annoys him. When I read stories like this where the dad works hard but isn't yelling at his kids, I wonder if its normal or not.
>>
>>92144143
Note how the movie ended with Max and Goofy both liking and respecting one another.

PJ was miserable scrubbing floors while he was supposed to be on summer vacation.

Pretty sure you missed the entire point of the film.
>>
File: 1494008243193.jpg (10KB, 236x185px) Image search: [Google]
1494008243193.jpg
10KB, 236x185px
>>92142870
I wish I could feel this way.
I wish I could feel anything but disgust and indifference to my dad. I'd probably hate him more if I remembered everything he did to me, my mother and sister.

Things were so bad I tried to kill him when I was 9. I don't even remember why.
I still shiver everytime I think about how I almost ruined my life because of him. My parents have been divorced for almost a decade and yet he still finds ways to fuck with us and stress out my mom and sister.
[spoilerI know I will never be as bad as him even though I still fear that I will still not be a good father.
I don't miss him, I just wish he had been gone from my life sooner. If anything I wish I was in your place.
>>
>>92142870
My dad got early onset Alzheimers so I had to watch him waste away and I'll never truly get answers for why he was such a piece of shit to his kids
>>
>>92154336
I forget, did his dad give up drinking or smoking when Nathan was born?
>>
>>92142870
My dad was in my life regularly until my folks split in 2009 when I was 12 thanks him beating my mom and my mom cheating on him because of the beatings. I have mixed feelings about him. On one hand, he raised me to be a decent person, took me on fun trips to the fishing pier, brought me with him to help him with irrigation jobs, did all sorts of typical dad stuff. He even introduced me to comic books, old cartoons, and video games, and watched anime with me, his favorite being Princess Monoke. On the other hand he physically and verbally abused my mom behind the scenes, would always get into shouting matches with her, and for a while he would stalk under the guide of "God is telling me to look after my wife". After he left, his life had been going down the drain constantly, and he's been sleeping in a storage place's garage for 5 years. He apparently met a Filipina and is currently engaged, though I don't know where he's going to get the cash from.

t. 20 year old Jamaican American
>>
>>92142870
Shit's the best! Visited my old man just yesterday, went fishing and shared a case of beer.
>>
>>92142870

It's great. My parents divorced when I was 10 and because I tried to be loyal to both they both quickly decided my other siblings were the superior children, and in combination with the pre-divorce abuse, left me feeling empty inside and unable to form attachments with other people.

It's great because now I am the only child they can depend upon, and being able to emotionally black mail them fills the void the permeates my existence. Shit's so cash.
>>
>>92159058
Dude right here.

Fuckin' pete is hot as hell
>>
File: 1481507728501.jpg (205KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1481507728501.jpg
205KB, 843x1034px
>>92149339
>>92142870
Let this be a lesson to everyone. Whatever stupid bullshit you think is worth avoiding your own father over, ignore it long enough to touch base with them. You never know when they'll leave your life for good, and some chances only happen once. You don't want the idea hanging over your head that you never even knew who they really were. Maybe they don't deserve that chance, but it's for your sake and not his that you try.

There is no kind of loss in one's life quite like losing a parent. It forms a 'before' and 'after' mark in your life like nothing else. The thought you missed your chance will haunt you to the grave.

You did nothing wrong, anon. He made his choice long ago. Try to forgive yourself.
>>
>>92142870
>Must be nice growing up trapped with a crazy person who is always yelling at you, telling you you are garbage and to run away and coming up with excuses so he can beat you up
>>
>>92164483
Shockingly, not all dads are like that.
Crazy, right?
>>
>>92164501
i dont know, i only had one
>>
File: peg.jpg (108KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
peg.jpg
108KB, 640x480px
shame they never did say what happened to peg and pistol
>>
>>92163422
i havent spoken with either of them in over a year, you cant lose what you never had.
>>92149339
He probably just wanted some money or something, you didnt miss on anything
>>
>>92146065
why does goofy have a dog
>>
>>92142285
Respect is important in a parent/child relationship but without affection and love, it can border on strictly authoritarian and controlling.

Pete Jr always seems a little afraid of his dad and a little sad that they aren't closer. That said, I never sensed any resentment.

Goofy is the classic example of a parent trying to hard to be their kids friend, forgoing all boundaries.
>>
>>92164735
i would rsther have a kid who hated me than a kid who hated life because how much he screwed things up
>>
>>92164717
It's like a human having a pet monkey.
>>
>>92142576
My mom had a friend who did exactly this. Her parents never let her go out with my mum and her sisters.

My mums parents however trusted her enough to let her make her own decisions and were confident they had raised her to be sensible enough to enjoy herself without getting into trouble or danger.

My mum has a good relationship with me and my sibling and looked after both her parents until the passed.

My mums friend went off the rails, did every drug she could get her hand on, had a child oout fo welock with a guy who never wanted to be a father.

Not saying every instance will turn out like this but a certain level of earned trust is important. You have to let your child be their own person.
>>
>>92152697
He smiles when he hears Max talk about the map. He just wants to be right. He didn't care about Goofy. He didn't get serious until Goofy basically told him Jr. doesn't love him.
>>
>>92142870
I'm still working out my feelings toward Dad.

>Was reliable and constant throughout childhood
>Distant and workaholic during my teen years
>3 years back had a mental breakdown and tried to commit suicide
>Blamed us, his family, for how he felt and yelled abuse at Mum and Sister
>I never got yelled at because I became emotionally mute and shut down
>He's doing a lot better now and we're all in therapy

Not sure how to feel but things are ok and could get better. just maybe.
>>
File: dfgsdgzdfg.png (4KB, 457x271px) Image search: [Google]
dfgsdgzdfg.png
4KB, 457x271px
>>92150323
It's perfectly plausible if the bifurcation is not a 180° angle.
>>
>>92143116
When my Dad was at his worst, I could really relate to Orel. It's not fun hating your Dad but how else can you feel about a man who hates his life and resents his family for it when he's never pursued his own happiness?
>>
File: IMG_2356.jpg (102KB, 561x606px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2356.jpg
102KB, 561x606px
>>92142870
Roller coaster Dadlife reporting

>Bio dad divorces with mom, gets half the week with us
>Bio dad would starve me and sister and have us sleep on a stale mattress with no covers or pillows next to the kid he had while cheating on my mom (who had a full bed pillows and blankets but I wasn't allowed to have them)
>Bio dad deadbeats entirely and I never see again
>Mom marries Dad 2.0, who beats mom, strangles my sister, treats me like dog shit, and has other sons who kick the shit out of me regularly
>Dad 2.0 also made me pull my pants down so he could make fun of my penis
>Mom divorces and we leave with nothing since Dad 2.0 sucked up all her money and spent it on shit like buffalo hunting
>Dad 2.0 would fuck other women next to my room when I was doing homework
>Grandpa, who was the closest thing I had to a father figure, dies when I'm 16ish
>Meet based guy at new place
>Guy teaches me boxing, is a cool motherfucker in general
>Mom dates him
>Eventually they get married
>Known him for 10 years now
>Always encourages me to do more, always tells me he's proud
>tfw I still somehow won the Dadbowl

I'm surprised Dad 3.0 isn't a serial killer desu.
>>
>>92164918
this
My family was so much like orel that all my close friends i show the show to point it out
>>
>>92143325
I don't agree with that. Your method is to withhold love for fear of your kid getting killed? As if unconditional love makes kids more reckless. If anything withholding love makes them crave more attention. A reasonable level of trust usually makes kids less wild and more sensible.

Boundaries and common sense are important but so is unconditional love. I want my kids to be able to tell me anything. If they get into trouble I want them to come to me.

I may be shocked or even angry by something they've done but I would want them to know I would never disown them or stop loving them.
>>
>>92164918
Yeah, same. Sure Clay was an over exaggeration, but he was so fucking close to the mindset a lot of fathers who self loathe have.
>>
>>92143487
The answer to a kid being spiteful or disobedient isn't to make them fear you, it's simply to discipline them. You can do that without making your kid fear you. Fear is not healthy in a parent/child relationship. Respect certainly, discipline, sure but fear? Nope.
>>
>>92164971
Where did that post say the method was to withold love for fear of a child being killed?
>>
>>92144019
But once Goofy and Max start communicating and open up to each other, they reach a new understanding.

The movie ends for Pete and PJ with PJ cleaning Petes floors, feeling just as disconnected from his as ever.
>>
>>92147160
>>92148589
This. Also Pete isn't spending quality time with his son, having discussions with him. He treats him like a lap-dog and makes him do lots of chores.

From what I can see he's raising Pete to be an unquestioning, obedient, spineless, directionless, drifter. Maybe that's harsh but he doesn't have nearly the self worth, identity or esteem that Max gets form his relationship with his dad.
>>
>>92144528
I remember watching an episode of All In The Family where Edith finally stands up to Archie about the disrespectful way he treats her and I could tell it was hitting close to home for my parents who were watching it with me. Mad uncomfortable. Thanks a lot Norman Lear!!
>>
>>92165036
Funny how when you give a kid structure you don't end up with constant fighting and making up
>>
>>92144769
I think the fact that you recognize your fathers mistakes is a good start but don't second guess your instincts and try to base every decision around what wouldn't my dad do.

You'll be able to tell when your child is happy, healthy and safe.
>>
>>92164938
He might be, but he could be sneaki breaki about it, Dexter style
>>
>My Dad is fine
Hm
>>
>>92141189
This entire movie becomes an emotional roller coaster when you get older.
Good lord.
>>
>>92151541
>>92151541
Grandparents are just another fold in the tapestry we're all a part of.

>My dad's dad was extremly strict and had hgih expectations of his kids and neevr discussed or showed emotions
>One of his daughters is divorced, drinks and can barely pay for herself and three kids
>One of his sons made a successful life for him and his family as a lawyer and eventually became crown prosecutor
>My dad learned to bury his feelings and had a breakdown at 50 and could only express his feelings through angry toward his family

Was my grandad a good parent? I don't think so, personally. I think my lawyer uncle is the outlier.
>>
>>92141431
He'll grow out of it once Pete the 3rd pops out.
>>
>>92142022
No, the problem is both were faulty but had a little something that worked.

Goofy needed to get Max to respect him and Pete's relationship with his son is built on fear.
>>
>>92165036
And that's how the movie ends. The fictional movie, mind you. And even then, it's worth noting they were still having a bipolar love-hate loop even into Max's college days because they never reached any understanding and Max didn't learn anything about respecting his dad or why his dad tries to help him. He just realized he should be appreciative that he has a goof that's willing to sacrifice their wants and needs for him, but nothing deeper. Max valued Goofy like a slave until the end of the second movie when they become more like actual friends instead of a son taking advantage of a father's love and trust.

Pete and PJ scrubbing floors is played up for laughs, but that honestly was the happier and more stable relationship of the two. Pete made mistakes and could have maybe been a little less strict, but his son really did respect him. PJ never ran away, he had all his wants and needs met, and Pete showered him with attention and love, albeit in his own Pete-y way. And PJ understood that.
>>
>>92153792
Well, the whole premise of a dad not wanting to let go of his kid and a kid trying to push his father out of his life is a pretty real situation.
>>
>>92164771
Not me. I might be dissapointed or angry, depending how they screwed up, but I'd want them know that I'd always be there to pick them back up.

Without that unconditional love, your child may end up dead, not from lack of boundaries and common sense but suicide due to feeling hopeless.
>>
>>92165074
Max received none of those things from his dad. Max was an asshole who abused his father's love.
>>
>>92142870
I miss my parents.
>>
>>92165251
I can definitely agree with that. The best route would be a mixture of both. But if it came down to having to either be Pete or be Goofy, it makes more sense to be Pete.
>>
File: IMG_2315.gif (999KB, 266x173px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2315.gif
999KB, 266x173px
>>92165186
Until then, let the good times roll.
>>
>>92165025
I may have misread that first run-on sentence but the long and the short of it was
>I don't want to find them dead in a river because of some bullshit unconditional love

Again, unconditional love doesn't mean no boundaries, no rules. It just means no matter how badly they screw up, you don't give up on them.
>>
>>92164771
A kid who hates his father is guaranteed to screw up.
>>
>>92164501
>Actually believing this
>>
>>92165278
It's actually the coddled kids who end up committing Sudoku, people who get used to dealing with shit just power through the misery
>>
>>92164975
My understanding of that type of person is that they're frustrated with their lives but can't express it because they can't deal with emotions. The only emotion they can express without feeling vulnerable is anger, so they start blaming people around them for the state of their lives.

AndI'm thinking, don't blame me that you got married and had a kid if you didn't want one! Honest to God, you have to think before you make big life decisions. Is this what I want? Do it because it will make you happy, not because you think it's what you're supposed to do.
>>
>>92158923
>had forced her out of the car barefoot to walk home from 2 hours away while waiting in the car at home so it looked like they came home togeth

Shit man, why the fuck did he do that?
>>
>>92165097
But it doesn't end up with a real relationship either, which you should be developing as a teenager. Not to say you should treat your teenage children as peers or simply friends.
>>
>>92165342
Agreed. That type of love is necessary, but if you always offer those open arms without any discipline and you just go "aw shucks gawrsh", you're going to end up with someone who takes advantage of that, not a kid that learns from his mistakes.
>>
>>92165402
Fun thing you can't have a real relationship with your kids until they become adults
Kids go from worshipping you to hating you to understanding you if you do things right
>>
>>92156607
What's this pic from?
>>
File: 1469790944934.png (142KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1469790944934.png
142KB, 292x257px
>>92152122
>>
>>92165253
You're not wrong. I still believe that Goofy and Max end up with a healthier relationship by the end of A Goofy Movie than Pete and PJ. Though they hit the reset button for the sequel for "my dad is so embarrassing" jokes in the sequel. It is a cartoon after all.

And I've been railing against a lot of the people in this thread who are saying that fear or hate are acceptable or even important in a parent child relationship but that said, Pete wasn't a bad parent. He certaily wasn't abusive he just had a different style.

I'm not going to throw all strict parents under the bus. Strict parenting certainly has it's advanatges and siadvantegs like anyt other kind of parenting. There are so many variables in parenting there's no one correct way to do it.

For all we know, Pete's parenting will turn PJ into a organised, hardworking, man. I'm still of the persuasion that a little more positive reinforcement, communication and a certain level of trust as well as responsibility would make for a happier child but it's not my business to tell others how raise their children. Not even fat cartoon cats.
>>
>>92165280
Yeah, in the first two acts. By the end of the movie they're in a much better place.
>>
>haven't seen this movie
>browsing 4chan and peep into this thread
>know that my own dad is working atm with their house and could need some help
>get a small realisation over my own selfish laziness
Thanks, Goofy the Movie
>>
So, guys
is it Pete Time yet
>>
>>92165356
You've got it backwards. People who try to grind through their misery are at risk of suicide.

it's hard to have a discussion when talking in generalities but it's a fact that people kill themselves because they feel hopeless/worthless, not because they've been coddled. Spoiled people usually have inflated sense of self worth.
>>
>>92165505
>Goofy the Movie

Can this be the new title?
>>
>>92165408
You just have to judge for yourself if your kid has simply made a mistake or if they're barefacedly taking advantage of you. This is usually more a case with adult children.

My neighbor just had to kick out her 20 year old son because he's directionless, won't work, does drugs, crashed her car and punched a whole in the wall. It's breaking her heart to do it but he's at an age where if he refuses to change or accept help, she can't have him around anymore.
>>
>>92165447
Starfox Zero animation.
>>
>>92165438
If by real relationship, you mean treating your kids as peers or equals than yeah, than can only start when they're adults.

It's great to have a good relationship with them when they're young but their needs to remain that separation of roles between parent and child.
>>
>>92165491
Max puts on a happy face because his crush is at the show. He didn't learn anything about valuing his dad and continues to be hot and cold with him well into college.
>>
>>92165592
By relationship I mean as a kid it's entirely one way
The kid has needs and the adult provides
If at any point the kid is the one taking care of the adult then we'll, that's tragic
>>
>>92165479
>>92165491
No, that's how real life works
Irl people don't have a sudden realization and then change forever. Max and goofy bonded over what happened, they bonded over it once, ended up a little closer for a while and then everything went back to normal
Real change requeires effort and time
>>
>>92165571
That's the problem. If they're doing that shit at 20 it's too late. Why not act to prevent that future instead of gambling on it not happening?
>>
>>92148527

I'm poor as fuck despite working two jobs, and my father was like the bald guy from the movie Whiplash. The only thing he managed to do was make my childhood a living hell, which finally ended when I beat him up shortly before going to the army.

We don't see each other very often.
>>
>>92165604
Because you can love and respect your father to the highest degree but still get really embarrassed when he walks into class like he's going to disco.
>>
>>92165697
Because people are really fucking irresponsible and buy into the whole kids only need sunlight and to be watered twice a day and they raise themselves bullshit
Nobody is ready to really raise a kid now days since it's a twenty year long commitment
>>
>>92165723
You need to grow up.
>>
>Dad's been dead for almost a year now

Goofy Movie hits goddamn hard
>>
>>92164717
That's his wife.
>>
File: 1978 Birdsville Track.jpg (1MB, 3316x2235px) Image search: [Google]
1978 Birdsville Track.jpg
1MB, 3316x2235px
>>92142870
When it's good it's great, no doubt about it. Sorry to hear you missed out mate.
I'm having to face a future without my dad, he's been diagnosed with terminal cancer and is living week by week on pain meds. We're going through his old slides and hearing the old stories again from his adventures riding across Australia and traveling the world, trying to remember and record as much as possible while he's still here with us.
Tonight we were watching teli and he look at me and said I've been a good son. I replied "It's not hard with a dad like you."
I'm going to miss you so much.
>>
File: 1477235536031.png (37KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1477235536031.png
37KB, 152x254px
>>92142870

My dad was an alcoholic wife beater, he constantly beat my mother and even stabbed her. I'm happy he died of excruciatingly painful cancer (ow the edge).

You're not missing much.
>>
>>92165604
I disagree, Max only gets mad because Goofy is being too clingy. Well I mean he was cold and distant, but if you watch both movies Max is a lot nicer and understanding to his dad in the sequel.
Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtayLUm3HL4
>>
>>92141189

Is it Pete time?
>>
>>92141236
The Goofy movies are like that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGJyCLRR9rc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg0FgBm-w0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwHI3U6tVMQ
>Goofy goes from photographer filling the lives of children with joy to an assembly line worker
>>
>>92166282
>>92166238
isnt it nice that we live in a world where these two people can end up in the same place?
>>
File: 1446865388787.gif (1MB, 184x141px) Image search: [Google]
1446865388787.gif
1MB, 184x141px
>>92166666
>>
File: rv.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
rv.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
How the fuck can Pete afford something like THIS on a convenience store wage?
>>
>>92166612
its a good thing this unhuman work is now handled by chinese slaves
>>
>>92166888
you know the pete type anon, he probably has a friend who has a cousin who works selling them and this one had some techincal fault but the factory wouldnt take it back but its a minor thing and they werent legally allowed to sell it or something
>>
File: when someone gets a 666.png (226KB, 411x627px) Image search: [Google]
when someone gets a 666.png
226KB, 411x627px
>>92166666
Are you, like, Super Satan?
>>
>>92164483
>>92164501

For me, that was my mom.
>>
File: Finally.png (11KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
Finally.png
11KB, 447x378px
>>92166666 (checked)
Whoa man.
>>
>>92143487

You sound like my evil step-mother. A parent should have a firm hand, but they should also love their kids. Otherwise, the second you're looking the other direction, your kids will spaz out and wind up dead in a ditch, just like you're trying to prevent. If they can't get love or acceptance from you, they'll look for it elsewhere, and find it from punk friends or a gang or something. They won't respect you, because they'll hate you. I'm thankful for some things my step-mother did for me, but how I turned out was in spite of her tyranny, not because of it.
>>
>>92166888
By owning the store and being a businessman instead of a wage slave.
>>
>>92167196
How was your step mother tyraniccal or evil?
>>
>>92167220
He's clearly seen working in the store together with Goofy, taking pictures of kids.
>>
File: Roxanne disgust.jpg (61KB, 1032x768px) Image search: [Google]
Roxanne disgust.jpg
61KB, 1032x768px
Do you think Max ever scored with her?
>>
>>92167293
People who own stores can also work the stores they own.
>>
File: jOEL-IN-THE-LAST-OF-US-MOVIE.jpg (588KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jOEL-IN-THE-LAST-OF-US-MOVIE.jpg
588KB, 1280x720px
>>92160498
It's not normal, my dad works hard to have his self control and not lose it over the little things. He's a good man and father, I forgive him on the days he loses it. My sister is no help, she gives him lip and spend alota money. My dad use to be a raging alcoholic but forced himself to stop to better himself for us. If ya met my dad today and my dad when I was 4 ya wouldn't believe they're the same people.
>>
>>92160387
THIS, pretty much. Wasn't even married to my mother; just a teenage love affair they had and knocked her up twice at 16 & 19. He ended up going to another state/territory to have a "real" family, which was sometime after the Gulf War. Last I was told from my sister a few years ago, he never had the son(s) he wanted and had gotten electrocution burns from over a decade ago.
He sure did mess my mother and sister up though, but that's its own can of worms.

>>92163422
It helps if the parent also puts in genuine effort to reconcile and own up to their mistakes too, desu
>>
>>92141189
>>92142273
Jeez! It's been literally decades since I watched this movie, but now that I've lived a little since, maybe I should watch it again!
>>
The best thing about this movie is that threads always bring out poster's father issues
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofZwUURNlc

>The way they snap their fingers instead of clapping after the shitty poetry.
What did they mean by this?
>>
>be born with disability
>dad isn't prepared for this but tries as hard as he can
I got nothing besides that, you guys have some wacky families.
>>
File: shikata.png (169KB, 358x311px) Image search: [Google]
shikata.png
169KB, 358x311px
>>92142870
My dad was around, for the most part. One fear I have is becoming a dad and knocking up the wrong woman, one that can fuck things up entirely, or I get a kid but I can't support it properly. One of the main reasons I avoid relationships. And while condoms are a thing, greed and desire are also another. I'm scared of what'll happen if I ever get a taste of sex for the first time. Sometimes loneliness is a good thing.
>>
>>92168651
Beatniks tend to do that at coffee places.
>>
>>92165355
My dad has never been like that, so yeah, I believe it from personal experience.
>>
>>92168851
Not just Beatniks, it's infested college campuses in general as a subsitute for clapping. It varies, of course, and I can't quite remember what the justification was, other than clapping being too rowdy or something?
>>
>>92168954
Yea it was something along the lines of triggering their twitter PTSD.
>>
>>92168954
>and I can't quite remember what the justification was,

The loudness of clapping supposedly triggers some people. Seriously, that's the reason.
>>
>>92142870
Well, my dad is like a Pete but without sense of conviction or coherence, so he failed spectacularly at that. Currently he fucked off to some shitty house on city limits but keeps claiming it was my mom who kicked him out, even though she was the one who wanted to move away in the first place.
>>92151541
Good thing my parents didn't have a third child
>>
>>92152670
>furry

Roxanne is literally a human with a dog nose.
>>
>>92168954
I was only saying Beatniks since they were dressed similarly like them.
>>
>>92152555
the heck do you mean
>>
>>92143797
Well, having a kid is serious business and a huge responsability.
But I am still in my twenties and I really dont want to rush it.
I have a good job for now and my gf always talk s about our future and how many kids should we have.
I'd love to be a father, but I really dont want to end like some from my prom who had kids at young age. A couple of them were wealthy and no financial problems, but the rest had lo leave college to get a fucking job right away. In both cases, they were not ready for parenting and in some years I will see the results once their kids reach teenage age.
>>
>>92165858

I did. And he finally got what was coming to him. 15 years of physical child abuse. If I get the rights to caretake him, I'm going to make his final years miserable. Its only justice really.
>>
>>92169731
Real talk, see a therapist, work out those issues. Holding on to that resentment ain't healthy
>>
>>92169731
Obviously you haven't grown up since you haven't just cut the guy from your life. It ain't worth your time
>>
>>92169800

Can't afford one. Father squandered the family's money, been starving poor since birth. Revenge is cheaper.
>>
>>92144069
I love my dad
I can't be left in a room with him for a whole day and trust myself not to kill him, but I know how much he did for me.

I just wish he really understood that, because all he sees from his side is that I never visit, or fight when I do
I was meeting him today to help him out, let's see how that goes

tfw I watched this movie with him, on a VHS the first time
>>
>>92169843
Would be a lot cheaper to move on, mr. Mcedgeson
>>
>>92144444
Nice digits
>>
>>92169871

I want justice. Maybe you like licking the ass of people who beat you up but I'm not a cuck like you.
>>
>>92170010
You don't have to act tough for us, anon.
>>
>>92144929
you really should have learned the difference between right and wrong from this movie.
>>
File: J1.jpg (56KB, 640x885px) Image search: [Google]
J1.jpg
56KB, 640x885px
>>92166666
good shit brother
>>
File: 1465719271852.gif (1MB, 150x155px) Image search: [Google]
1465719271852.gif
1MB, 150x155px
>>92164621
I seconded that, Peg was missed.
>>
>>92170010
>I want justice
No you don't, you want revenge; petty, childish revenge. There's a difference between justice and sucking your own dick.
>>
>>92170010
if you want revenge all you need to do is turn your back to him, if you hate him and fight him all the time he still wins because he is part of your life.
Kick him out of your life, never even tell him why, loneliness will consume him.
>>
>>92142870
My dad insisted I call him by his given name. He was distant since my mom died giving child birth to me.

He never wanted to be my dad and was afraid of me since he emotionally abused me to take out his stresses and that warped me pretty good.
>>
>>92168373
>he never had the sons he wanted
>had you and a sister
>...
Tits or GTFO
>>
>>92172009
Shut up, newlass.
>>
>>92172289
Sorry, daddy.
>>
>>92146065
George, you mean.
>>
>>92168954
>tfw can't snap fingers
>>
>>92142704
Why send them to college then?
>>
>>92160426
>Go out and play catch with your son; be his friend.
Technically, that is being a parent. Taking and interest in your child's hobbies, helping them, being a confidant, that is what being a parent is about. But trying to be a "friend" will backfire because parents still have authority over their child that does not exist in actual friendships.
>>
>>92142285
>his son didn't pull shit like Max did.
Pretty sure his son was helping Max pull that shit in the auditorium.
>>
>>92142870
My dad beat the living hell out of me, including kicking me repeatedly while I was on the ground, after I got into a fight in school. Not because I got into a fight, but because the school called while he was in the bath, and that pissed him off.

My mom got a restraining order the next day, so that was nice. Haven't seen him since, it's been fourteen years.
>>
>>92141189
ive been meaning to rewatch this some day
tell me,why is this movie great?besides this scene
>>
>>92172475
Because their kid would never do any of that shit because they're "good Christians"

Happens every time
>>
>>92144286
I mean, honestly that's what makes it so effective. Seeing GOOFY of all people silent and angry like a real parent is somewhat unnerving.
>>
>>92172530
This. Goofy doesn't have that with Max.
>>
File: teddy roosevelt.jpg (121KB, 350x658px) Image search: [Google]
teddy roosevelt.jpg
121KB, 350x658px
>>92164621
>>92170941
It's widely accept fan theory that she and Pete divorced and she got custody of Pistol while Pete got custody of PJ. But it's really only just that, fan theory. It's not a real answer, but it's an answer a lot of people accept.

>>92169173
Literally called "Dog Noses", that's the species name for what pretty much every character in Goof Troop and anything touching Goof Troop is called. Except Pete and PJ. They're just called cats. For a bit of interesting trivia: Dog noses also exist alongside Ducks and Mice and all the other animal characters in Disney, but the Goofy stuff seems to consistently depict Him and Max living in cities of only dog noses. The only time we really see anything non dog nose in Goof Troop/Movie canon is when Donald and Mickey show up in a song.
At about 2:15
https://youtu.be/6nqWNZl3Ou4
No one picks them up.

>>92166888
>>92166995
>>92167220
>>92167293
>>92167367
It's also within the realm of possibility, because A Goofy Movie is a direct sequel to Goof Troop, that he had an obscene amount of money as a result of his earlier business life. Though, I have no idea why the fuck he'ld have left what was clearly a high paying job.
>>
>>92142870
I have four living ones, would you like one?
1: Birth Father
2: Adoptive Father
3: Step Father
4: Father in Law
>>
>>92142870
What If max was female?
>>
>>92142870
Dunno why, but you made me remind some story from some anon in /a/ who was clled exiled-kun. He touched his 15 y/o sis when he was 18 one night and his father found out. Instead of find professional help, he beat up the guy and decided to disown him and exile him.
His dad died already, but he can never come back to his family since his brothers wants him dead.
>>
>>92164787
u mea delicia
>>
>>92173758
Doesnt amaze me at all. Most from that board are such sick degenerates.
>>
File: 1405794438154.jpg (95KB, 563x364px) Image search: [Google]
1405794438154.jpg
95KB, 563x364px
>>92166612
This is my first time seeing this scene in English (also the first time in many many years). Shit, dude. I need to rewatch this movie...
>>
>>92166888
Isn't Pete the owner of a Car Dealership?
>>
>>92173758
Didnt he try to attend to his fathers funeral after a decade but his brothers found out and threat to kill him if he showed up?
>>
>>92142870
My dad is one of those guys who worked from the bottom up, going through a lot of crap to finally get to a pretty comfortable position nowadays. He raised me to basically be hard-working, respectful of others, polite, and overall (in a professional environment) just another cog in the machine. He also instilled a lot of fear through his discipline, but he did it out of love in the end.

I've grown a bit complacent because of some of his methods, but there's no questioning he taught me how to be a functioning member of society and to have common sense. Planning on doing much the same when I have kids, only making sure to add more compassion and understanding during their teenage years. My dad didn't quite get when I was going through depression, so his answer was to figuratively beat it out of me (it worked, but I wouldn't recommend it).
>>
File: 8083962.png (38KB, 517x476px) Image search: [Google]
8083962.png
38KB, 517x476px
>>92147591
Shit, anon. I'm adopted too. I've never met any of my parents. But I kinda feel like I don't want to. I'm happy as I am now. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Still feel for ya.
>>
>>92167363
Considering all of the shit Max did in movie.
>Go across states to LA while trying to convince Goofy to go along with it despite Goofy have other ideas
>Finally at the last day Goofy decides to help Max.
>Go backstage past security guards and hopefully land on stage and pray that Powerline doesn't kick you out.

Roxanne needed to owe Max some pussy.
>>
>>92142870
My dad has been in jail and prison more times than I've seen him.
Just found out that he got into a drunken knife fight with a guy and killed him. Got off on self defense.
>>
File: 1427411675542.png (373KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1427411675542.png
373KB, 408x408px
>>92160199
This thread, man.
>>
>>92172821
pretty much this. this movie is so well paced; it's amazing how they managed to make Goofy's character actually seem somewhat dramatic and human without it feeling forced or shallow. that takes skill.
>>
>>92143797
I'm a Dad but my kid is a newborn so I'll get back to you guys in 10ish years and tell you how it works.
>>
>>92172374
me neither. my hands are too soft or something
>>
>>92174546
I'm sorry if I made you tear up, Anon ;-;
>>
File: goofy and pj's dad are gay.png (157KB, 1280x164px) Image search: [Google]
goofy and pj's dad are gay.png
157KB, 1280x164px
>>92141189
>>
>>92142870
>tfw car accident when I was 10
>have great memories of him
>apparently he was an alcoholic and beat my mom at least once

Now I'm afraid I won't be able to be a good father, feels weird.
>>
>>92175429
It's alright, anon. No need to be sorry. Sometimes some tears are needed
>>
>>92175136
The Goofy movie had a lot of heart and felt pretty real. This made the bite from Goofy Movie 2 sucking so much worse (it was essentially just a dated weak parody of every college movie in existence since Animal House and Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield)
>>
>>92169860
>I just wish he really understood that, because all he sees from his side is that I never visit, or fight when I do

This feel.
>>
File: 1427756597079.jpg (53KB, 610x314px) Image search: [Google]
1427756597079.jpg
53KB, 610x314px
>>92169860
Fuck...
>>
>>92142870
>dad is a deadbeat.
>used to think mom could do no wrong.
>that day i took a step back and realized how petty and vindictive she was
it's kind of weird when you realize both of your parents kind of suck, but at least i can make an effort to not turn out like either.
>>
File: sad bros.jpg (41KB, 604x427px) Image search: [Google]
sad bros.jpg
41KB, 604x427px
>tfw have a great father
>can't relate to movies like this because I have mother issues instead

Still love Goofy Movie though, it's great.
I had to switch over to anime and manga because I can almost never find western animated shows that feature mentally ill or malicious mothers, it's always step-mothers or something.
>>
>>92142870

Its pretty nice, I love my dad.
>>
>>92142870

My biological father never lived with me, and when he tried to contact me, i told him to fuck off, haven't called to me since.

My maternal grandfather is who supports me economically, but sadly, i'm too autistic to be friends with him (we get along just fine, but i don't frequent him too much).
>>
>>92177515
I can relate to that realization.

>tfw your divorced parents constantly talk shit about each other and you can no longer separate the lies from the truth
>>
>>92177831
Do you have self esteem issues?
>>
>>92177515
>tfw exactly the same situation
So how are you coping with that?
>>
>>92142870
my dad and i never knew how to get along we were too different and that wouldnt have been necesarly a problem except he always tried to make me be more like normal boys who liked sports and went out dancing and had girlfriends and he never really cared o understood the things i liked.
but the worst part of it all is that he is now supporting me financially and he has no problem in pressuring me and threaten me to take it away if i dont do what he says
my step dad was a far better dad than he was and my step dad was just some 18 year old that started dating my mom when i was 9
>>
File: everything ever.jpg (348KB, 861x1280px) Image search: [Google]
everything ever.jpg
348KB, 861x1280px
>>92178866
Like they were going out of style, anon. I'm just now realizing I have an anger problem too.
>>
File: 1454174192045.png (181KB, 309x323px)
1454174192045.png
181KB, 309x323px
>worry constantly about whether I'm making my dad proud or if I'm disappointing him
>worry a lot about whether he knows that I love and respect him
>we get on okay but have never really talked about our feelings enough for me to seriously consider asking him about it
I've got nothing on most of you guys but I thought I should mention it since we're all sharing our daddy issues and shit
>>
>>92178937
best thing you can do is just get your life in order enough to move out and stay out.
you can bide your time until then, but the longer you stay, the better chance that relationship will become toxic and it will start ruining your life.
once you get out, you don't have to worry about them and you can start to relax a bit.
>>
>>92179392
funny you say that, just talked to some other anon about his anger issues yesterday.
>>
File: Kyon knows he can kill.jpg (324KB, 706x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kyon knows he can kill.jpg
324KB, 706x800px
>>92179779
I hope his issues improve. I never thought of myself as having an anger problem because my anger only really comes out when I'm dealing with my mother. She also has anger issues and is more into being verbally abusive, while I become verbally abusive while screaming and going into fits of rage. This doesn't happen too often because I'm depressed, so all my emotions are toned down, except when I start fighting with her.

She's had issues since before I was born, while my problems only became apparent when I went to college. I dropped out and came back, and I still haven't really gotten back on my feet. Plus, I live with my mother and father, so everything is as bad as it ever was, but now I'm angry about it and depressed as well.

The best thing to do would be just to leave, but if I did that now, I'd just be homeless. I'm not really looking for answers, just wanted to vent.
>>
File: 1435642538689.jpg (228KB, 971x1372px) Image search: [Google]
1435642538689.jpg
228KB, 971x1372px
>>92143232
Here here.
I doubt I'd have the same amount of clarity at my age if I were raised primarily by my dad. Hell, there were times throughout my adolescence that I was convinced I would've been better off not knowing him.
Nonetheless, I couldn't find anyone else pulling off the life of an immigrant veteran like my dad.
>>
>>92180087
Both of my parents struggled with finding where and with whom they could live the lives they wanted to, and I'm convinced that I'll need both of their perspectives to find mine.
>>
>>92180011
I wish you all the best, anon.
>>
>>92156735
I love how much their relationship improved between the first time his dad showed up and that episode
>>
My parents are divorced and I've never had a bad relationship with my father, we never talked much or so but I've never been the type of person doing that.
But now he has married another woman and since then I've barely had any contacts with him at all, last time we talked was when I called and wished him a great fathers day, before that it might been a year since we talked.
It really feels like I'm just forgotten and never was of any importance at all...
>>
File: congrats and thanks bojack.png (119KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
congrats and thanks bojack.png
119KB, 800x600px
>>92180247
Likewise, anon.
>>
>>92141404

To be fair I didn't expected post-baby-boomer Goofy to be a father after all. If he ever scored (imagine a goofy orgasm holler), he was going to be set for failure.
>>
>>92141953

Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't bothered to search online for more and I had just whatever TV would show me in the 90s/early 2000s, that show had a fucking divorce?
>>
>>92163422
Oh yeah. At the very least to know that you tried to have some kind of meaningful relationship; or to know for sure that going your separate ways really was for the best. You may forever be wondering "what might have been" when they are dead and gone.

I have his ashes on a shelf close by but never really knew the man. Now it is too late.
>>
>>92141189
CHECK DA MAP, GOOF!
>>
>>92179560
I have the same relationship with my dad as well. Its okay, but I wish we were closer. But I know he is doing his best and so am I. It's a bitter sweet feeling, but I am glad I still have him in my life.
>>
>>92143918

That's the beauty of short-term solutions. Just keep reapplying them.

I bought some fitness stuff (barbells and the like), but for various reasons I didn't/couldn't use them. That didn't stopped dad from using them, so that even me, as a wizard, and he in his 60s, I don't think I can reliably defeat him in one-to-one combat without playing dirty.

But hey, he at least was honest with me early on, and I bought those things partially to test that theory, if he was serious on that "getting buffer than their sons if they try to outmuscle their old master".

Good thing brains are a thing, and I keep outsmarting him. Distance, a restraining order, concealed weapons and a (shitty but better than none) lawyer do wonders.
>>
>>92173680

You mean as some parents are more protective if you have a vagania?

Dad makes me and my brother actually sign contracts for borrowing money and doing favors, but for the sisters? "Here, I'm not sure if doing a cashier crash course is going to be worth it, but give it a shot, don't bother paying me back".

Then they complain about male privilege. And in the absolute worst scenario, they still have the pussy card to play.
>>
>>92181455
>my sisters getting special privilege means no man anywhere gets any sort of special treatment whatsoever

Your sisters are airheads, and so are you. Your dad sucks at parenting.
>>
>>92181870
But that's how it usually is, of course the daughters don't always get special treatment but a vast majority of the times they do.
>>
>>92181929
Yeah, a lot that's due to raising women with kid--because girls are supposed to be delicate~-- gloves, and then when they grow up to be incompetent, idiots assume it's because women are supposed to be that way.

Then there's the flip side of this for men, wherein they get put through the ringer constantly, without giving them any breathing room. These men then grow up to be repressed and assuming women are better off because they don't have to deal with so many challenges, instead of realizing that both ways of parenting are stupid.

Both men and women need to raised with a healthy mixture of challenges and compassion. You'd think that would be common sense, but it isn't.
>>
>>92174220

your father went trough the same phase when he was a teenager, take that in mind as well
>>
>>92180809
>(imagine a goofy orgasm holler)
this site is evil and should be struck by god's thunder
>>
>>92143383
>Gete
>>
So what I'm getting from this thread is that a balance of love, respect, and fear are needed to be a good father.
>>
>>92183239
I'm getting that parenting is a delicate dance and will vary per situation. The most important thing, in my opinion, is to not be rigid in your ways if something is not clicking and think that your way can be applied to every situation. Being a good dad means that you know yourself and your child enough to see what's working and that requires communication and patience at times, or solid boundaries and encouragement to get on with it other times.
>>
>>92159400
If you mean the book, I pray you succeed anon.
>>
>>92180809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUL5w91dzbo
>>
File: 1492582031920.jpg (6KB, 176x129px) Image search: [Google]
1492582031920.jpg
6KB, 176x129px
>>92142870
My dad was an abusive piece of shit, like almost every anon's in this thread was.
I thought my dad was great, because he was great to me when I was little, and then I found out he kept my mom from college and tried his damnedest to make her a housewife, even though she didn't want any of that. Belittled everyone in the immediate family that didn't live up to his fifties-era standards, but especially my brother. Ended up a carbon copy of him from emotional abuse and beating.
It's weird, his parents are great people, but they raised a cunt. I see my grandpa more than I see my pa.
I can't imagine what it's like to live without a mother, I love my mama.
>>
>>92164717
I'd question the plainly human baby we see in that short more than a non-anthro dog appearing
>>
File: George Geef.jpg (70KB, 650x485px) Image search: [Google]
George Geef.jpg
70KB, 650x485px
Who do you like more, Goofy or George Geef?
>>
File: AKU WORRY.png (145KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
AKU WORRY.png
145KB, 480x360px
>almost everyone's dad is abusive
>>
>>92184020
If you're here you're likely broken in some way.
>>
>>92183239
The If you have the first the second will likely follow, if you have the third it means you failed at both.
>>
As someone with a dad that is a lot like Pete, I would have to say his methods weren't perfect but still got the job done. I mean look, his son is a usually respectful person who values his friends and family over himself, usually.

I respect my father because he demanded respect, but that doesn't mean I didn't love him or he didn't love me. I truly feel sorry for anyone that grew up without a good dad, if it wasn't for him I'd be some limp wristed candyass. Not to say that some days I wish he wasn't around, but anymore I'm just glad he was around and he cared enough to be harsh.

TLDR:
I'm literally PJ and my dad is literally Pete.
>>
>>92184064
>if you have the third it means you failed at both.

Not necessarily. If its the only thing your child gets out of your relationship then sure, but you're still the authority figure and kids need to know there are boundaries and consequences for their actions. A little fear is needed to keep them in line, but you should still also offer love and the knowledge that you'll be there for them, and instill in them lessons and qualities in a way that they will come to respect.
>>
I wonder what Max or goofy would be up to by now, damn shame they never made another sequel
>>
>>92183239

Pretty much. Especially nowadays. Kids these days are fucking godawful. I don't have kids yet but my nephew and nieces are already disrespectful little cunts. Could be my siblings doing a sub-par job but fuck if they aren't trying to balance it all.
>>
>>92171669

>loneliness will consume him.

Family is at his side. So not really. Oh he just had a problem with alcoholism, I should understand, every father beats and starves their kids. Oh he had a rought time with money, just try to understand. He never apologized to you but you really should apologize to him for punching him because he attacked you with a knife that one night, wah wah.

I guess thats one of the reasons I refuse to let it go. He's lauded as some sort of misunderstood hero. All of those years of abuse would have no meaning or closure if he would not ever have to pay for it.

And if it would have no meaning, might just as well start beating up other people and my own children. If my father got away with it and gets pampered by the family regardless, then I might get away with it too.

Good thing I'm a decent human being and I want an abuser to taste his own medicine instead of becoming one.
>>
>>92184020
Want to hear about how much of a cunt my mom is?
>>
>>92142870
Dad got inoperable cancer, died when I was 18. I'd like to say that he went out peacefully but that wasn't really true, a nurse found out that his bladder or kidneys weren't working but the doctor decided to double his painkiller intake despite there being no way to flush it out of his body. He turned into a zombie over night, he was constantly fighting to stay conscious, only sharp shocks like my sister entering the room sobbing could temporarily pull him out of it. Really messed up way to spend your last few days.

he'd be ashamed if he saw the person i am today
>>
>>92182706
>Yeah sure you were put through hell while I got everything I wanted but that sucks too :(
Are you going to bring up the fact that grown women spend their entire lives expecting to be treated like a spoiled little princess?
>>
>>92173397
>Goof Troop/Movie canon
honestly made the entire thread worth it
>>
>>92142870
It is if you've got a good relationship with them. I've known people that seemed like they'd be happier if they hadn't had to deal with their dads.
>>
File: I'll cut you mate.jpg (117KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
I'll cut you mate.jpg
117KB, 768x1024px
I feel like I'm an anomaly in this thread. In that my Mother was the abusive one, but my father basically abandoned me to her to save their marriage. Cause she's an alcoholic and got sober right as I was entering Elementary school but still had a raging temper that she took out on my sister before she got sober. So when she got sober my sister had already decided not to take her shit anymore which drove her crazy and the AA people told my Mom she couldn't force my dad to do everything everyway she wanted anymore because that wasn't okay. So that left me in a position where my Mom basically wrapped herself around me as her "only" support among the family. I did want she wanted. I never went out because it stressed her out too much. I stopped making friends. I came straight home. I stayed in my room. My dad didn't want any of this for me but he couldn't fight my mother because she'd meltdown and so he settled for trying to do the best by my sister and all the poor kids she was friends with and he ended up working with through church. Which resulted in me becoming a NEET with no real parental figures, because my Mom just wanted a doll she could keep in the house and not have to worry about and my Dad didn't want to trigger my Mom. They finally fixed their relationship 6 years ago, but by then I was already fucked and it's only in the past two years they both realized just how bad they messed up.

I mean, they're both trying to help now but I'm stuck on anti-depressants I don't want to be on and I just don't see the point in trying. Every time I've tried to adjust to normal society I fail because I can't trust people or get close to them because I'm so afraid of conflict and being hurt. Over a decade of 4chan certainly hasn't helped because it simply because the outlet for all my repressed emotions, a safe place where I could say what I felt.
>>
>>92141189
>Grew up with a wierd mix of having a whealty family and having a tyrant dad that stuck me in a cycle of abuse
>Pretty much spend my entrie life alone in my room
>Didn't even have any friends until highschool
>Somehow not socially retarded
>But completely selfish and egocentric
>People take it as a quick but whenever they get too close they start complaining
>You can't say that Anon
>Anon you have to pay more attention to how you treat people
>Anon that way of thinking is too old, nobody thinks like that
>And then they get mad because I honestly don't care, I can see they care about it and we'll that's too bad but I honestly don't see their complains as anything more than emotional crap and trying to control me and I'm not even good at emotional crap at all, I just accept people how they are and don't judge them
>They sure love judging me ho
>I can't even see my best friend anymore because he always gets so mad when we start talking
>>
>>92185170
>Somehow not socially retarded
>And then they get mad because I honestly don't care, I can see they care about it and we'll that's too bad but I honestly don't see their complains as anything more than emotional crap and trying to control me and I'm not even good at emotional crap at all, I just accept people how they are and don't judge themyou treat people
hmmm
>>
>>92185270
well im not an autist that is either too shy to approach people or talks really loudly about his sonic collection, i can handle a conversation with a stranger just fine
Hell im even too friendly and talkative when i find something in common with someone, people love me.
>>
>>92185410
anon sorry to break this to you, but if you can't have any long lasting relationships with anyone because of the way you talk/act you're socially retarded.
But hey, it's them and not you right?
>>
File: Doof.png (220KB, 586x450px) Image search: [Google]
Doof.png
220KB, 586x450px
>>92173397
>It's also within the realm of possibility, because A Goofy Movie is a direct sequel to Goof Troop, that he had an obscene amount of money as a result of his earlier business life. Though, I have no idea why the fuck he'ld have left what was clearly a high paying job.

Peg got the dealership. That or he sold the business for enough money to retire and just does photography part-time as a way to keep busy.
>>
>>92185471
>anon sorry to break this to you, but if you can't have any long lasting relationships with anyone
because thats not something that happens to regular people right?
im sorry but you just have to accept that im way too smart and cool for people and they get jealous of me
but in all honestly if someone tells you you shouldnt say those things because it makes me feel bad even tho they make sense and i have nothing else to say about them and you are completely fine with me doing the same thing, what am i even suppossed to do about it?
>>
>>92184020
Wanna hear about how my mom never helped me do anything I needed to do to be a functioning adult, but thought she did great with me anyway?
>>
>>92185170
Seth, is that you?
>>
>>92141910
UP
>>
>>92142870

>Dad had fucked up childhood
>his father was a distant, cheating, abusive alcoholic who was hardly present
>on top of that there was a civil war going on in the home country
>my dad had to raise three kids with no knowledge on how to be a good parent

he did his best
at least i'm not a junkie, or in jail
just self reliant and confused
>>
>>92173680
what the hell is wrong with that guy's penis?
>>
File: 1980 USA.jpg (670KB, 3342x2261px) Image search: [Google]
1980 USA.jpg
670KB, 3342x2261px
>>92185126
Well my only advice anon is to get out and do something, anything that'll get you out of that room. Go traveling or something, anything to get out of that prison you call a room and experience something new in the world while you can.
Australia is a big enough place mate, I'm sure you'll find something that'll broaden your mind and help you along in life.
>>
>>92164907
>>92155049
>>92150323
Either way it wouldn't be labelled like that.
Even numbers are W - E
Odds are N - S

They're already on Route 66 so they should have had a sign with E continuing as 66 or N with a different number.

But it's a kid's movie and that isn't the point of the scene you idiots.
>>
>>92142870
My dad came to the United States as a refugee, a short while after my mother did the same. He has worked as a taxi driver for decades. When we moved out of my hometown, our financial situation wasn't very solid, it still isn't in a sense, and so he spends most of his time over in the city working. I only get to see him once a week these days, though I didn't see him very often as a kid either (my siblings used to think he lived in a different house.) He doesn't get a lot of sleep, and he's very stressed. Plus, there's this slight disconnect between him and the rest of the family since he isn't home often, stuff like remembering birthdays or how to deal with some of the kids. Sometimes it translates into temper, like, if I stay in my room to long or if there's tiny mess he'll get mad at me. I love my dad a lot, I know he loves us too, and I understand, or at least I'm trying to, understand how hard life can be for him. But there's this growing sense of uncertainty between him and I that concerns me very much. I want to do the best for him, going to college, getting a good job, but I feel like I keep falling short of his expectations. I dunno
>>
>>92143365
Hey man, Tupac is alive
>>
File: tumblr_ms3avqu42z1s11vqao4_1280.jpg (338KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms3avqu42z1s11vqao4_1280.jpg
338KB, 1280x800px
My dad was pretty much like Calvins dad when I was growing up. Pretty sure we had the conversation about "you came from Sears" verbatim.

He taught me everything about taking responsibility for your actions, doing your job right, along with my interest in cooking and belgian comics. Shame about the workaholicism though.

Also, this arc about the binoculars was the REALEST shit for me.
>>
File: 1470331357933.gif (509KB, 700x827px) Image search: [Google]
1470331357933.gif
509KB, 700x827px
>dad is a macho working man
>despite his age and health, he still gets shit done for the family
>he has a beta art student son
>he still loves me
it sucks having a great dad, and feeling like you can never be as good as him
>>
>>92187253
>dad is a macho working man
Why is this such a foreign concept today?
From my understanding it is because hard work was actually somewhat rewarded back then and you had to work to get food on the plate. Today getting a job is mostly about having the right connections or having a +5year degree.
>>
File: IMG_1254.gif (1MB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1254.gif
1MB, 500x220px
>>92142870
>>
File: 1397364650579.jpg (60KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1397364650579.jpg
60KB, 480x360px
me and my dad got diving licenses in Hawaii last year around spring break
>>
>>92187385
Modernization doesn't really reward hard physical labor nowadays.
>>
>>92187385
i think it has to do with the fact that there were less distractions for a young man in the past

they go to school, graduate, do young and dumb shit in their 20s, get a girl, get a job, have kids and raise the family

now there's too much for people to get sidetracked, there's the internet, videogames, smartphones, not too mention the ridiculous amount of pornography, the breakdown of tradtional relationships this and more has created a whole generation of lost, apathetic men
>>
File: IMG_2426.png (238KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2426.png
238KB, 750x1334px
>>92166612
Billy pls
>>
>>92169377
women can't drive
>>
>>92141189
Pete = Vito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuWkcKbBQkg
>>
File: IMG_5974.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5974.png
2MB, 750x1334px
i got drunk on friday night and we watched a few movies, one being a goofy movie. i woke up the next day and saw all these pictures of pete from a goofy movie on my phone and i asked my friends if they did it and they said "no dude, you were so drunk and you kept talking about how hot pete is for like half the movie. that was all you." i dont remember doing this at all.
>>
>>92188591
Is that the dude who writes Assigned Male?
>>
>>92188630
have no clue what that is
>>
>>92184020
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only who had a great dad but horrible mother.

Are there any /co/ movies with about a bad mother and her son?
>>
>>92185126
>it's only in the past two years they both realized just how bad they messed up.
>Both trying to help now
>tfw I'm in the same situation

As someone who had shitty parents, kinda similar to yours, this brings me immense satisfaction. They made this mess and they can stay in it.
>>
>>92188908
There aren't many mothers in /co/ movies
>>
>>92189016
There's Hera in Hercules!
>>
>>92179560
>this until your dad dies
figure it out now man because i didnt and it hurts
>>
I love my parents.
They had shitty parents but I feel like they did fantastic with me and my sister.
It's a strange feeling knowing that there's no way to be better than your parents, when it comes to be your time.
>>
File: dude.gif (631KB, 489x532px) Image search: [Google]
dude.gif
631KB, 489x532px
>>92187253
>macho dad
>beta son
>he still loves me
Dude
Dude
>it sucks having a great dad, and feeling like you can never be as good as him
The fact that you managed to get depressed over that makes me cry.
>>
>>92188993
The worst thing is is that their shittiness was more neglect caused both of them trying to get by and they do love me. I can't bring myself to hate them, so I can only hate myself.
>>
>>92184020
sometimes it feels like I'm the only motherfucker here that has a good mom and dad.
>>
>>92189474
Also good dad here, smokes cigars and drinks wine for breakfast like every day though so not sure how much longer I'll have him for.
>>
>>92189358
as long as you try your best
>>
File: 1.png (383KB, 414x505px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
383KB, 414x505px
>>92142870
>dad died when I was 13-ish
>hadn't seen him since I was 8, talked about visits but being poor meant it would be a huge hassle just to cross the nation to see him
>Don't remember anything especially important that I learned from him
>Barely remember anything he did when I was young
It's like I didn't have a dad, but just got teased with the opportunity to have one.
>>
>>92141189
Just watched this. Actually not that great. It delivered on the emotional impact alright, but whenever it tried humor, it actually kind of fell flat, oddly enough, making it kind of end up a bit darker than I expected. Not exactly a "goofy" movie. I remembered the dark or emotional parts, but I don't think I remembered how that was kind of the only part that worked, so it was a bit of a surprise. Bigfoot wasn't funny, the slapstick wasn't particularly funny, all the scenes where Max is embarrassed by his dad seem like they're telegraphing that they're intended to be funny, but they end up being uncomfortable for the characters sake, partly because it's not just Max's teenage self awareness, people are actually laughing at Goofy. The three best scenes were the "Hi dad soup", this scene with Pete, and Goofy and Max's heart to heart and coming to understand each other on the floating car in the river. A lot of the rest of it was just meh.
>>
File: END IT.jpg (127KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
END IT.jpg
127KB, 960x640px
>tfw I love my dad and he loves me but he's been so out of life because of constant business trips and years of being deployed in Desert Storm that it feels like he's more of an abstraction in my life then an actual entity
>>
>You can't miss him if you don't leave
>>
File: 1485628664250.png (971KB, 620x549px) Image search: [Google]
1485628664250.png
971KB, 620x549px
>>92142870
It's fucking rad.
>>
>just got back from a fishing trip with my dad
>see this thread

My relationship with my parents is pretty good. We don't really talk about personal stuff, and I pretty much always feel like a disappointment, but we still get along well and occasionally do things together.
>>
>>92164938
I can't wait for Goths to come out, John.
>>
>>92172374
Just mime it. No one will know.
>>
>>92143026
Some people's father's die at a young age anon. You really should go appreciate what you have with your father more he could be taken away any day. Even more so cherish the time you've already had some people never get that time.
>>
>>92141189
/whonicedadbutannoyingBITCHMOMhere/?
>>
>>92176659
No kidding. Goofy was my favourite Disney character and so I was surprised that the first movie was so emotional but I really loved it.

And so I'm super stoked when I hear there's going to be a sequel, only to discover they've hit the reset on Goofy and Max's relationship, Roxanne is never heard of again, borrowed a bunch of tired college cliches and thrown in some EXTREEEEEEME sports because all the cool sporty kids love Goofy, right? Hated that movie so much.
>>
>>92179560
You may have to make the first move, anon. Sometimes parents just don't know how to approach the subject.
>>
>>92142870

>bear witness to a radical shift in history
>lose the closest thing you have to a dad due to Earth terrorists and his adamant refusal to use a gun
>all you have are memories of how he successfully used tactics in battle and a wedding video to get you through

Being Julian is rough.

As for my dad:

>him and my mom get into an argument when I was six
>move out with mom
>see him everyday after school in elementary, then on the first day of school for middle school and on Saturday
>only see him on weekends in high school
>find out at 19 that he might've molested my half-sister when she was younger (she's in her mid-30s now)
>also find out a couple of years after that he cheated on my mom with some woman and didn't wear protection and gave my mom syphilis based on a medical record I found at my mom's one day
>as an adult, barely wants to see me or spend time, just stopping by on my birthday
>three years ago, he suffers a stroke
>I'm his son, so it's up to me to help out
>while helping out, realize that he didn't really plan for anything major and despite graduating college in engineering, chose to be a taxi driver

It's a complex kind of feel. I'd probably be better off leaving him be, but I'm all he has.

Thanks for the thread, it was nice to get that out front so I can get past it.
>>
>>92184020
>tfw both of my parents were amazingly selfless and supportive people, and prioritized me over everything else
and yet i'm still a pretty miserable person. oh well at least im moderately successful
>>
>>92188993
Don't sabotage your own life to get you 'revenge' on them.
>>
>>92142870
My mother passed away a bit less than two weeks ago, after a seven year battle with cancer. My father was with her at the time, my sister was leaving for a therapy appointment. About fifteen minutes later, after my sis left the building, my mother began choking on fluid buildup in her lungs that she couldn't handle. My dad watched the life drain out of her eyes by himself.

The real kicker? It was on their 30th anniversary.
>>
>>92166888
>convenience store wage?
wat.
he was a scummy used car dealer in the series.
>>
>>92142870
seeing my dad, who used to beat me and my sister, for the first time in a decade this week
other anons told me 'twas not the bestest idea but I'm an adult now and shouldn't/can't be scared
>>
>>92173397
Dog noses do seem like the most common type in Disney comics, aside from certain cities which are very waterfowl-heavy. It's the default choice for background and supporting characters.
>>
>>92152122
Eyup. Most Millenials have parental issues which explains quite a bit. Me? Well, my dad was kind of like a long haired Hank Hill. Rather strict-ish, but had strong values and a strong sense of conviction that helped push me through my school years. I'm very thankful that he didn't just dope me up with a assload of medications and left me to sit in the corner like so many other people. Yeesh.

That moment when you realize most of your problems stem from trauma at school. I went to some kind of bizarre cartoon school that honestly felt like someone decided to fuse Hey Arnold with It, and then had the entire thing written by Quentin Taratino. Still not entirely sure why I had the cops called on me for threatening a kid ONCE, yet the pyschos burning the retard kid with cigarrette buds only got a stern talking to. Then there was Jim the Nazi, who always wore that ridiculous Waffen SS uniform on Fridays yet nobody did a damn thing about it.

The only thing I hold against my parents is them not trying to get me into a better school, but we were having monetary issues back then and they themselves were going through problems of their own. Parents are people too, which is a hard lesson to learn.
>>
File: Extremely Goofy movie true end.jpg (408KB, 500x4164px) Image search: [Google]
Extremely Goofy movie true end.jpg
408KB, 500x4164px
>>92141189
Yeah. Goofy and Max had a poor relationship, even into College. And I think we all know how it ended...
>>
>>92141189
I have a hard time understanding the meaning of this scene. Is Goofy actively telling Pete that is son doesn't love him? Or is Pete just telling Goofy that his son doesn't respect him? Or are they just talking about themselves without making any sort of accusations towards each other?
>>
>>92144515
Your fear is a good thing. A lot of children simply don't have parents who care. If you don't feel ready, then, by all means, don't have kids. But if it happens, your fear will temper your love. You'll do what they needs doing, no matter how much it sucks for you or them, because the alternative - their failure in life - is so damn scary.
>>
>>92145809
>Kinda looked like Ron Perlman
You must be one handsome devil yourself, in that case.
>>
>>92191880
>the scream at the end
I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard
>>
>>92191938
Goofy is talking about himself without making an accusation towards Pete.

Pete doesn't have the best relationship with his son so he projects that on Goofy's comment and defends it with the old "Respect" cover up that he uses for himself.
>>
>>92191880

Who's Chewbacca in this universe? Donald?
>>
>>92173680

私たちは人間だ!
>>
>>92192231
>nobody understands what he's saying except the other characters
He fits the bill
>>
>>92192231
>prone to extreme outbursts of violence
>speaks barely coherent gibberish
it checks out
>>
>>92189802
Good review. Thanks anon.
>>
File: 1445647731081.jpg (23KB, 310x301px) Image search: [Google]
1445647731081.jpg
23KB, 310x301px
>>92192188
me too
>>
>>92191880
>https://youtu.be/eTyaq87Kypk
>>
>>92142870

If you have a good one. My dad is a prick and I haven't talked to him in 6 years. Best decision I ever made.
>>
>>92184020
Abusive dads
Emotionally unstable moms
and people wonders why the world is going to shit
>>
File: 1467259044854.png (558KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467259044854.png
558KB, 540x720px
>>92191880
>>92192478
>>
>>92184020
My parents were fine
My dad died two years ago though, two burst blood vessels in his brain and then a third while he was recovering in the hospital. I miss him.
>>
>>92167363
second base im guessing
>>
>>92170010
Not surprised people who use the word cuck unironically have been abused at one point of their life
>>
>>92184020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EeV5ei2fpQ
>>
>>92192719
>projecting this much
>>
>>92185600
So you are just autistic, got it
>>
>>92192272
>>92192333

Who gets the other roles?

Mickey would be Luke because Disney.
>>
File: 1344233132210.jpg (67KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1344233132210.jpg
67KB, 282x341px
OK class, what did we learn from 500 posts' worth of... this?
>>
>>92192811
How is it projecting? You are the one that got abused and said people who can forgive and/or forget are cucks, not me.
>>
/v/ is still miles ahead of any other board when it comes to fucked up childhoods
>>
>>92192858
Parenting is hard, and 4chan is full of people whose parents did it wrong.
>>
>>92181455
On the flip side, you get cases where the brother's allowed to go hang out with his friends and the sister might as well be Rapunzel since she's never allowed to leave the house unless it's for school since the parents think she'll get abducted and raped or something. Or they don't bother telling her to get an education since she'll "just be a housewife anyway". Or she's expected to be as mature as an adult when she's a little kid since "boys will be boys" while girls should know better so she gets punished for doing something a boy would easily be forgiven for.

It's easy to see to think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, but both can be covered in shit depending on who you're raised by.
>>
>>92144286
OOC can be serious business.
>>
File: 1485188419912.jpg (7KB, 154x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485188419912.jpg
7KB, 154x200px
>>92189998
im really excited, i loved the two preview songs they released
>>
>>92192858
The majority of 4chan users parents were flawed in a way that made an Anonymous website where you can say how you feel better than any site where you'd have a label or real life. That the site itself is a haven for broken people who just want somewhere dark, dingy and free from the normal pressures and responsibilites.

4chan's the bar of the internet. Not the "club" where you go to party but the bar you go to get drunk, but the liquor is true freedom of expression without consequence. It's why I don't like when people start getting too stuck in trolling loops or they start harping about you using an ugly word. It's like some brat coming into a bar and yelling at you because alcohol is evil.
>>
File: 1493980108277.gif (348KB, 850x846px) Image search: [Google]
1493980108277.gif
348KB, 850x846px
>Mom and dad were both hard working people
>Both came from abusive families, dad by his sisters (and worse after his mom died), mom by her parents
>Dad became alcoholic
>Mom workaholic
>Dad had sudden mood changes
>Sometimes he was crazy out of nowhere
>Always blamed everyone else on his faults
>He had an outburst on their wedding day
>Years later after losing their first child they got me and 2 years latter my little bro is born
>Since I'm born dad doesn't seem to like me
>I have tapes where he treats me like shit before i'm even able to walk
>They argue with each other a lot
>Mom does almost all the "dad" things at home along with the mom things
>Repairing stuff, heavy work and such
>She teaches me all that stuff
>She also had to work
>Even then she somehow had time to be with me
>Dad became more and more absent
>Dad started the divorce and we became poor as fuck
>He got diagnosed with cancer and acts less dickish
>False alarm, just tumor
>He treats me more like shit again
>live one year with him, I work, study, help to pay the bills...
>One day he comes back home really late
>Starts screaming at me
>Attempts to hit me, I block every hit
>Kicks me out of home because "reasons" and can't continue my studies
>Learn he tried to kill me when I was 10 with his 9mm smith and wesson service gun.
>Don't talk to him for 3 years, tired of all his BS.
>Go back living with mom
>Start talking to him again and
>Become teacher
>Go to church to know if I should become catholic priest
>All the studies are paid by the church
>Dad says he needs to talk with me about money
>He wants to take the money for my education "if i don't need it"
>me:Ok Sure
>Attempts to make drama but nothing happens
>goes back to his home
>I'm back to my quite lyf
>Studying programming
>Start talking to him again.

TL:DR
My dad was a guy who tried to make me fear him instead of respect him.
You get respect with example and being firm, not being a faggot.

Mom was more of a man than him and that's just sad
>>
>>92167363
tfw she showed up at the house of mouse completely unaged
50 years have passed, yet i do not age. time has lost it's effect on me
>>
>tfw paternal instincts are starting to kick in more frequently lately
I'm more excited to be a dad than I am to be a husband.
>>
>>92192842
Clarabella Cow is Leia... I think. Roxanne would have to be Phasma. Marco, Dipper, Mabel, Gideon, and Star are all Stormtroopers that die in increasingly stupid and hilarious ways. Bobby would be a no name Imperial Officer dicking around in the background. Powerline would HAVE to be Nines. Armitage is PJ trying to live up to his dad. Stacey was too smart for the First Order's bullshit and instead followed Thrawn.
>>
>>92188908
treasure planet i guess?
>>
>>92165296
As long as the kid is in front of you. But when it's time for the kid to grow up and live on their own, it's completely different.
>>
>>92193447
>Stacey was too smart for the First Order's bullshit and instead followed Thrawn.
Stacy's Revenge mod when?

Heh, I gotta wonder at how Maxi feels. Stacy leads the Empire of the Hand, the Frats lead the Penastar Alignment and are bros with the Emperor, fucking Star is the 'Empress' of the Imperial remnant... And he's apart of the First Order. The lamest of the four successor states, and not even in charge. Bradely must love this shit.
>>
Wow, sure didn't expect this thread to go on for so long when I posted it. Some interesting personal stories and discussions came of it though.
>>
>>92188908
Technically How To Train Your Dragon 2 has one lf the worst mothers in mainstream /co/ cinema. She still loves her son. But damn she is such a shitty mom. It's actually one of the aspects of that film I really enjoy.
>>
>>92142870
My dad is great. I tried to be a good kid, but I had my regular sulky/'you don't understand' teenager moments.
If there's some sort of pact for time travelers being able to go back and teach their past selves what for, I want to sign up and give mini-me a good what for.
>>
File: 1427335421239.png (342KB, 610x434px) Image search: [Google]
1427335421239.png
342KB, 610x434px
>>92191880
I was just about to say something about my trust issues caused by me trying to get my parents' affection when I already had it, and how my emotional development and priorities got screwed up as a result, but then I saw this and I can't feel anything but my sides falling out.
>>
>>92159400
count yourself lucky, anon, my father didn't make it past the college verse
>>
>>92161897
>He apparently met a Filipina and is currently engaged
>settling with a gold digger
>>
File: 1472843287896.gif (557KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472843287896.gif
557KB, 400x400px
>>92146065
>Pouring water on a clothes iron that's still plugged in
Thread posts: 522
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.