[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Once again, a normal issue of Superman beats Secret Empire. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: superman vs kkk.png (687KB, 1123x514px) Image search: [Google]
superman vs kkk.png
687KB, 1123x514px
Once again, a normal issue of Superman beats Secret Empire. What is happening, /co/?
>>
>>92134424
To be fair, it was a really good issue of Superman.
>>
>>92134424
Is Secret Empire #1 in any lootcrates like #0 was?
>>
>>92135166
Yes.
>>
>>92134424
It's a good thing the big two only care about physical sales

Thanks, Diamond
>>
>>92135166
>>92135245
No, we don't know if #1 was in any kind of lootcrate. But #0 definitely was.
>>
File: comicsSLIDER_1.png (212KB, 939x700px) Image search: [Google]
comicsSLIDER_1.png
212KB, 939x700px
>>92135273
>>92135245
>>92135166
Wait, hold that thought, I just found out that the Stan Lee boxes will have a Stan Lee variant for Secret Empire #1.

https://stanleebox.com/pages/comicbook

There's two boxes, one is like Lootcrate with a bunch of collectibles and comics, and one is primarily comics only. The Monsters Unleashed cover you see here was included in April's Stan Lee box, and the Champions was included in the first Stan Lee box. In both those cases they included the regular variant and the sketch variant. I assume the same will happen with the Secret Empire #1 variant.
>>
>>92135526
Fuck the ones who invented this fucking boxes.
>>
>>92135526
Oops, correction, the X-Men Prime variant was included in April's box. Monsters Unleashed was in February's box. The Champions variants were included in the first box, in December.

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2016/12/the-stan-lee-box-subscription-review-december-2016.html

Basically all the variants in the Stan Lee box has Stan on the cover.
>>
>>92134424
Superman has been good for 21 issues. Marvel events have been shit since for a long time.
>>
>>92134424
>what is happening /co/?
Another shitty company wars thread by the look of things OP. You should feel ashamed.
>>
>>92135583
Most mystery boxes usually don't have comics. And it's only on certain occasions that comics get counted on Diamond's chart (case in point: Big Trouble in Little China/Escape From New York). A lot of DC's stuff didn't get counted on the charts because they rarely used new comics releases (the ones in the Funko boxes were really old releases, like a reprint of Superman #1 from 1939 or Suicide Squad #1 from 1987), or they did an exclusive comic for Loot Crate that didn't get counted.
>>
Lois showing why she's the best wife in comics. How could it not outsell another "everything changes for real this time" event?
>>
>>92135526
>Stan Lee has "variant" cover designs that are Kirby homages
>"STAN LEE" written in massive text across the cover
>The cover artists actually credit Kirby though
>DC puts little "Kirby Centennial" badges on the covers of the Kirby inspired comics this year.
Why is marvel a steaming pile of shit?
>>
>>92136002
They are a meme machine and nothing more.
>>
>>92135840
Lois solo book when?
>>
Is... is Superman popular again?
>>
File: tmp_28364-682827-1934372309.jpg (141KB, 600x877px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28364-682827-1934372309.jpg
141KB, 600x877px
>>92136253
She had a solo for the entirety of the Silver-Age, anon. It was fucking amazing though.
>>
>>92136315
Apparently, yes.

Both Superman and Action Comics are solid sellers at their 20th issue. f we're talking about solo books, "Superman" is only behind "Batman", "Spider-Man" and "Flash".
>>
>>92136002
To be fair though they did that because this is the Stan Lee box and the box itself isn't done by Marvel.
>>
>>92136331
>Superman hates jealous women
Was the plot of this comic just Lois trying to not get jealous as Superman super-bangs Lana?
>>
>>92135709
t. Nick Spencer
>>
Superman has been great as of late and Marvel is shit
>>
>>92134424
They actually make you pay for the Injustice comic?
>>
>>92134424
>filename
What's even better is that an Image comic outsold it!
>>
>>92136719
Injustice trades are among the best selling trades every year since 2013.
>>
>>92134424
>What is happening, /co/?
>$4.99

GEE I DUNNO YOU TELL ME OP
>>
>>92136767
According to Nick Spencer, Marvel readership is totally willing to pay this price.
>>
>>92136722
Yeah but Walking Dead is like Batman's been for the past six years, you expect both to be at the top and outsell even Marvel events.
>>
>>92136722
>an Image comic outsold it!
I think TWD is crap but at least it doesn't pretend the premise changed 180° every 12 months

>>92136795
>According to Nick Spencer
Yeah and when he can produce sales figures that LCS owners back up I'll think about listening to him. Somewhere in the next 60 months either they'll make him EiC or he'll burn out and do some shit for Image before leaving the industry altogether. He's burning every bridge possible with the public.
>>
>>92136795
So long as it comes with a digital code for a free digital copy of the comic I'm buying I have no problem paying 3.99 which is the price that the majority of their comics are sold at, of course you already knew that.
>>
>>92134424
DC is just doing what its always done, be better than Marvel.
>>
>>92136890
Then the price isn't to blame.
>>
>>92136903
DC has had thirty years of trying to outpace Marvel in sales and failing. I love both companies but if Marvel had recanted a year ago and gone back to what made it great, Rebirth would be helping DC's sales but it wouldn't necessarily be crushing Marvel.
>>
>>92136930
Yep, I blame it on memes and the way people allow them to dictate their thoughts.
>>
>>92136935
Okay, they still have better stories and characters, and DC has still always been better in cartoons and video games. It doesn't even make sense why Marvel is popular in the movies because they're all the same.
>>
File: icecube.jpg (4KB, 234x160px) Image search: [Google]
icecube.jpg
4KB, 234x160px
>>92136960
>"Superman" is outselling "Secret Empire" because of memes
>>
https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

>Black Bolt outsold Gotg
Clearly the Guardians push has failed
>>
>>92136960
I've been reading the lead-up for SE and I was only mildly impressed by the writing not being total shit. This isn't worth $5 to follow, it's a graphic novel's story at best (and removing RS as an antagonist was stupid).

Diehard Cap fans won't care because it'll all be reset, and casuals will drop it because they think a Nazi is worthy to wield Mjolnir.

There was a time when Marvel could dependably rely on getting rewarded for trolling their readers but at this point it's become the boy who cried Everything Changes–Forever!

>>92137009
>Okay, they still have better stories and characters
The writers have worked for both companies and at this point the production processes are nearly the same. No plotter->penciler->scripter->inker any more, just writer->artist(s).

What's changed is that DC figured out they don't want to be Marvel any more. They got to try it, it failed, and Rebirth was framed as an apology to the readers that actually pay money. Meanwhile Marvel's stuck in a loop of neverending event books, hiding legacy properties they can't monetize at the cinema, introducing far too many new characters who all seem to exist to displace existing ones, and hiring total amateurs to write books aimed at a demographic that only seems to exist on social media but not at the cash register.

I don't give a fuck about the movies, I don't watch either.
>>
>>92136960
With all due respect Secret Empire is barely a story. It's a situation where every 13 pages there's another reveal that someone we thought dead isn't or is also secretly Hydra. It's Millar-tier writing with less cringe.

It tells us nothing useful, nothing interesting, develops no characters, and is for all intents and purposes Superior Captain America. I could live an entire lifetime without hearing Red Skull's troll monologue about True America as if he hadn't done it every fucking time he's trotted out to argue with Cap like it's a new argument.

Fuck you for thinking this is anything other than a dog's breakfast.
>>
>>92137172
The comics division just vastly fucked up making a decent flagship Guardians book ever since Bendis started writing it.
>>
>>92134424
"What's happening" is Marvel has really let their comic book quality to slip recently, and they are paying dearly for it.
>>
>>92137391
>recently
>>
>>92134424
>$5 for a book
Y'know, would it really kill them to make Secret Empire 3.99 or 2.99? More people would probably buy it.
>>
>>92137343
Huh, it's almost as if only a single issue of it has been out and the story isn't yet finished.

Also, wasn't Skull's True America speech in Uncanny Avengers, long before Cap's heel turn?
>>
>>92137453
>Huh, it's almost as if only a single issue of it has been out and the story isn't yet finished.

I keep seeing this as if people think this is a valid defense for a $5 book.
>>
>>92137471
So, are ALL of the issues going to be 5 dollars? Or just that one? Because this "Marvel charges 5 dollars for all of their comics" meme is pretty stale.
>>
>>92137523
#0, 1, and 2 are $5. The rest will probably be $4. Doesn't really help your argument any.
>>
>>92137566
I dunno, if I were buying SE I'd be fine with the price considering I get the psychical copy of the comic, a digital and a bonus comic of some kind. That seems like a pretty fair trade to me.
>>
>>92137613
If you "were" buying, of course.
>>
>>92137613
If I got no use for the main book itself getting a free digital version of it isn't gonna sway me. I mean, it's not fucking abysmal (yet?) like Civil War 2 or Age of Ultron or subpar like Original Sin or Fear itself, and it's not even bad like all the MCU fans are making it out to be without reading it, but it's not even worth $2.99 to me.
>>
>>92137695
Yep, I have like 6 comics on my pull list and didn't want to add any more, still debating on if I want SE on my shelf or not. But my opinions on the 4-5 dollar prince range remains the same regardless.
>>
>>92137728
Didn't Bendis write Original Sin and Fear itself?
>>
>>92137757
No, Original Sin was Aaron and Fear Itself was Fraction.
>>
>>92137733
Then, as was said, Spencer was right and Marvel readership is willing to pay 5 bucks for their comics.
>>
>>92137391
speaking of cheap, has anyone else noticed how cheap the paper stock is in marvels books compared to dc. they're flimsy as hell
>>
>>92135526
Oh boy Spencer will get to bag about how his book is the "best selling" again.
>>
>>92141949
Yep.

The worst part is that he can't possibly not know that his book was inflated by gimmicks, but he bragged about it anyway.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.