[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about the Ninja Turtles that gives them such a lasting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: ninjaturtles.jpg (95KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ninjaturtles.jpg
95KB, 1024x768px
What is it about the Ninja Turtles that gives them such a lasting presence in society despite other shows that had a similar premise failing?
>>
>>92129179
Their archnemesis was Uncle Phil.
>>
masterful marketting and cross media promotion
>>
Idk, has it really? Transformers has really done much better than TMNT if you look at the numbers and amount of media, TMNT is just more of a meme....it's not cute to buy Transformers merch from Hot Topic, just nerdy

That being said, perhaps you're not talking about toyetic 80s things and simply mutant animal things, if this is the case, because TMNT was the first and the best, things like Street Sharks, Biker Mice, and Extreme Dinosaurs were all pale impersonations that were based on nothing other than TMNT itself, while TMNT actually had a creative basis, lending itself to be endearing to people of different ages and endure
>>
File: MOICHANDAISE.jpg (124KB, 1024x629px) Image search: [Google]
MOICHANDAISE.jpg
124KB, 1024x629px
>>92129179
>>
>>92129214
Who even buys transformers merchandise these days?

Kids hardly play with toys, which is the only reason hasbro keeps them around.
>>
>>92129179
They were the originals, and they were much more novel for it. You might as well ask what made Scooby-Doo more popular then Jabber Jaw or Captain Caveman.
>>
>>92129314
>Who even buys transformers merchandise these days?

me
>>
>>92129347
I don't think you are the intended target demographic though
>>
>>92129314
Well, those who do buy toys buy Transformers more than other toys. Transformers toys are also far more juvenile than they were say 20 years ago, basic flipformers from when I was a kid were more complex and articulated than what they sell to kids these days for the most part

Also, there is a market for shit for adult fans which sell for much higher prices, and let's not forget that Transformers movies still make dosh, the IDW comic has been going for a long ass time, and there has almost always been a Transformers tv series on the air since its inception, unlike TMNT which only gets reinvented every once in a while....compare the 3 TMNT cartoon shows released in the west to the 11 Transformers shows
>>
>>92129385
Does it matter? Hasbro isn't stupid, there is a reason they aired both Transformers Rescue Bots (a show aimed at younger kids) and Transformers Prime (a show much more likely to have a teen-young adult fanbase) at the same time
>>
>>92129392
>pic
What's the point of that transformation? He retains the exact same body type. Literally nothing significantly changes.
>>
>>92129214
>Muh Transformers
TMNT is better in every ways: comics, cartoons, movies, toys, video games. Prove me wrong. You can't.
>>
File: OptimusMinor.jpg (77KB, 1026x390px) Image search: [Google]
OptimusMinor.jpg
77KB, 1026x390px
>>92130300
A fair question, and probably why there aren't too many monkeyformers despite the same problem basically being a flaw of many Beast era designs who have for limbs and a head

But, an in universe response would be that in Beast Wars they took on alt modes because they couldn't stay in robot mode for long without overloading on energon or some shit, and more meta reason would be because Optimus was an ape and Megatron was a dinosaur, so...King Kong reference

There is also the whole "disguise" angle, which was important early on in Beast Wars but later didn't mean shit, like any TF series, and if one were to really split hairs I suppose you could argue there is a difference between the physical capabilities of a gorilla and a more humanoid form
>>
>>92129179

with TMNT I think its really just that the whole thing is so absurd and ridiculous that nobody can forget it
>>
File: Transformers-movieposter-west.jpg (140KB, 300x457px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers-movieposter-west.jpg
140KB, 300x457px
>>92130439
>TMNT is better in every ways:
>comics
Eh, depends, some TMNT comics are awful as are some TF comics, and that all comes down to era and preference
>cartoons
Hah...no, just no...
>Movies
The first TMNT movie is an all time classic, it's my second favorite film of all time, but my first is Transformers The Movie
>toys
Once again....hah, no, that is laughable. TMNT toys have always been static figurines with shitty pull apart weapons and limited articulation. Transformers are two toys in one, and a puzzle. They are toys for smarter kids.
>video games
Never has there been a TMNT game as good as War For/Fall of Cybertron, most good TMNT games are only good because of nostalgia

The best TMNT game is Turtles in Time, and it's not the best beat em up in terms of anything other than being about TMNT
>>
>>92130571
>Muh precious gay robots
Better in every ways as I said
>>
>>92130605
Lol alright, if you say so. Transformers never dies and TMNT constantly fails at reinventing itself for new kids, though, so I'll let you ponder that
>>
Green mutants are popular
>>
>>92130571
tmnt cartoon was better as were the video games and the movie. you know these fact to be true, why do you lie?

the transformers toys were better, ill give you that.
>>
>>92132127
I beg to differ, I don't think the TMNT cartoon was better than Transformers at all
>>
>>92132458
>TMNT > TF
Deal with it
>>
>>92129214
Transformers as never the cultural phenomenon TMNT or Power rangers reached. You have "muh continued success" but that doesn't mean its as relevant.
>>
>>92130571
>it's my second favorite film of all time, but my first is Transformers The Movie

You don't watch many movies, do you?
>>
>>92130994
>Lol alright, if you say so. Transformers never dies and TMNT constantly fails at reinventing itself for new kids, though, so I'll let you ponder that

But every TMNT cartoon series has lasted longer than any Transformers series. G1 and Beast Wars only went on for 4 years, the original cartoon went on for 9. The anime shows and Animated only went on for a year or two, the 2k3 carton went on for 5 years. TFP lasted for 3 years, the newest cartoon has been on for about 5 now. The main TF cast from the early 80's was different from the one from the late 80's, different from the one in the 90's, different from the one in the 2000's, etc. TMNT is always Leo, Raph, Mikey,and Don.
>>
>>92132484
Nah, not at all pal. There is not one piece of media or plastic of TMNT that isn't topped by Transformers

>>92132534
You're right, but it is not relevant to anything. TMNT was a bigger phenomenon, a less successful franchise over all. TMNT couldn't even warrant more than two new movies, Transformers is on it's 5th

Hell, just look at this board, most TMNT threads here die in an instant, Transformers threads last until bump limit. Transformers has die hard fans, TMNT is meme worthy

>>92132548
Buddy, I watch tons of movies, I'm just a manchild and very nostalgic

>>92132599
I don't see how any of that is relevant desu.
Who cares if TMNT is the same four character namesakes? What does that prove other than a lack of creativity and versatility as a franchise
>>
>>92132731
>Hell, just look at this board, most TMNT threads here die in an instant, Transformers threads last until bump limit. Transformers has die hard fans, TMNT is meme worthy
It's a good point I admit. TF fans are loyal and good. TMNT fans are awful in general but TMNT is not a meme thing.
>>
>>92132794
What I mean by being meme worthy is that TMNT has more popularity among so called "normies", it has been accepted into the realm of simply pop culture everyone grew up with and so everybody is a fan, Transformers isn't really like that...you're still a nerd to most if you're into Transformers, because of this Transformers fans are mostly people who are really into it with exceptions here and there, while TMNT fans are mostly people who couldn't give a fuck less, they just remember the cute green turtles from childhood so they are less invested, and with few exceptions of people who are hardcore fans.

Now mind you, I am a TMNT fan as well, I'm not trashing TMNT, just calling it like I see it. Hell, I bet this thread would be dead right now if we didn't start arguing about Transformers.
>>
Ignoring the fact that apparently Dave Willis is a secret channer, it's probably because of that first movie and the fact that it's so high quality.

Also satire endures fairly well, and TMNT was, at its heart, a parody of a comic book trend that hasn't really gone away either.
>>
>>92132942
I can see your point. TMNT is more than muh childhood cartoon but most people see it like this. TF is more complex to understand.
>>
File: jem.jpg (73KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
jem.jpg
73KB, 500x333px
>>92132990
Yeah, and for the record
I think Jem was the best 80s cartoon anyway
>>
>>92132964
I wonder how many people in the industry we communicate with on a daily basis
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.