[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we agree that the Spot has become downright terrifying lately?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: spot.jpg (192KB, 1232x625px) Image search: [Google]
spot.jpg
192KB, 1232x625px
Can we agree that the Spot has become downright terrifying lately?
I fucking love when b-tier villains become legit threats.
Are there any other examples of this?
>>
Every Spidey villian is terrifying. It's only offset by their sheer incompetence and stupidity.
>>
>>92127787
His power is portals

If he weren't a mook, he'd solo the avengers (though who hasn't)
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (76KB, 693x993px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
76KB, 693x993px
>>92127787

I'm pretty sure Molecule Man was a random mook until Secret Wars where he realized he's basically god.
>>
>>92127787

I'm pretty sure he was back to normal again, to the point of regaining his ability to talk, in Jessica Jones.
>>
>>92127787
Was he always b-tier due to being a joke? As I recall he usually made chump change out of spidy on his first outings. He just never caught on hence being unused for so long.
>>
>>92128633
The Spot was one of my favourite villains to read about as a kid. Guy had awesome powers and a tragic backstory. But much like characters as Ricochet, the cool ones always bite the dust at Marvel.
>>
>>92128119
then become a bomb for said God
>>
>>92128633

He was a single-arc villain, but then he got used in the animated series and started gradually reappearing in the comics, starting with that Legion of Losers story released over a decade after his debut.
>>
So why is the Spot a villain?

He was doing SCIENCE for kingpin, but did he have any reason to keep doing that once he had super-powers?
>>
>>92129015
he was captured and experimented into a weapon but turn into OP's pic.
>>
>>92127787
Why is he even considered lame or a loser to begin with? He looks much more menacing then, say, Silver Sable, but I don't see him getting a movie
>>
>>92129101
I'm gonna say its because he looks like a dalmatian and is named "Spot."

Hes designed like someones new puppy
>>
>>92128119
being that way since the 80s when he could go toe to toe with the beyonder.
>>
/co/ has long-recognized how downright terrifying Spot could be. Someone even theorized that if he put one of his portals in deep space, he could expose 616 Earth to cosmic radiation, gravity wells, and everything else that's nasty in the universe.

As for B-tier villains, I'd have to say Quiz from Doom Patrol. So long as nobody guesses what it is, she can whip out any type of power imaginable to deal with them.
>>
File: 1464861583682.jpg (105KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464861583682.jpg
105KB, 640x480px
>>92129791
There's the question of portals slicing objects apart (do they bend around objects or pass through? If something is half-through and the portals close, is it a clean cut?)
There's the ever-popular pinhole-portal at the bottom of the sea for hydro cannon. Similarly: magma cannon
terminal velocity train-car to the face
trapping people in Spotworld (or just across the country)
covering his entire body in portals to be immune to attacks
Flight as seen here
And, you know, dropping the Hulk on people`
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.