[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is YouTube a good place to host original cartoons aimed at 7-11

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Is YouTube a good place to host original cartoons aimed at 7-11 year olds? I'm worried I'll miss the target audience and only attract adults.
>>
>>92099083
It's a good place in that there are lots of 7-11 year olds there.
It's a terrible place if you ever want to make money from it.
>>
>>92099107
Will those 7-11 year olds be the ones to actually watch my channel though?
>>
>>92099083
That depends. Are you doing this to make money?
>>
>>92099171
I don't know enough about how youtube works to tell you that.
All I know is that they're there if you can reach them.
>>
>>92099176
I only need enough money to produce it, other than that I don't care.
>>
>>92099171
Depends on how you market your content.
>>
>>92099511
How would you suggest I "market" my content? I just upload to YouTube with a certain title and video, and hope that the audience it attracts is the intended one.
>>
>>92099083
Who do you think watches Pewdiepie?
>>
>>92099727
Mostly edgy teenagers.
>>
>>92099083
>Is YouTube a good place to host original cartoons aimed at 7-11 year olds?
You're going to make cartoons on Youtube?

you realize how long it takes to make good looking right? Have you even made anything before? Who's gonna give you money? Do you even have the dedication to sit down and animate for days, weeks, months, and years straight without getting distracted by titties?
>>
>>92099083
I suggest that you post on as many video sharing websites as possible.
>>
>>92099083
you know there is a youtube kids app that only show child appropriate content?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RrmQZAaF5U
>>
>>92099171
Yes, if you advertise your channel as child friendly, parents will tell their kids to watch it. Problem with that kinda thing is if you make a patreon to fund it, no child, not even one with money, will ever donate.
>>
Years ago making animations on YT was a good way to get started but with changes to the way they choose videos to advertise/push/promote in recommended lists it's just not doable. As an animator you will spend weeks if not months to make at best a 3-5 min animation with little to no content between releases. YT favors channels with daily or even multiple daily videos over ones that release sparingly. Many animators who got their start on YT years ago when it was still good for animators have in recent years found their numbers dwindling due to YT not promoting or adding them to recommended lists like they once did.

TLDR
As a platform to host your work for free it is good. Don't expect to get famous or rich if you only rely on youtube for ad revenue and promoting you.
>>
>>92101702
That won't increase my chance of reaching 7-11 year olds though.

>>92102634
Do 7-11 year old kids actually use it though? Or does it just exist for safety theatre?

>>92102733
I've seen plenty of channels that are labelled as being for "kids" but in reality the majority of viewers are adults.
>>
>>92099083
>Caring more about gaining an audience vs actually making a toon you'd like
>>
>>92102871
I tend to release episodes in "seasons" similar to TV shows. The intention was that, when a new season was being released, I'd publish one episode a week, but I may have to change that if it's a problem.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.