[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, I've been a marvelfag for years but I abandoned the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: marvel_legacy.jpg (132KB, 864x486px) Image search: [Google]
marvel_legacy.jpg
132KB, 864x486px
Ok, I've been a marvelfag for years but I abandoned the ship some time before Secret Wars III because I was fed up with their bullshit. Can someone please sumarize what the hell is Marvel Legacy to me? I know all the token diversity OC, but I've not been following the shitstorm that is Marvel Comics lately.
>>
>>92098421
It's not clear

Generation is the thing with the originals teaming up with the legacies

Where as legacy seems to be kind of a relaunch but nothing is starting over and they went back to the old numbering so some books are in the hundreds. I don't think any new books have been announced.
>>
>>92098421
Okay, so from what we know is this

>Marvel sees that DC Rebirth is a success.
>Marvel sales have been failing, especially diversity books.
>Best sellers are books like Venom and Renew Your Vows for their back to basics approach.
>Marvel Legacy is meant to send everything "Back to basics."
>Buuuuut, the legacies will still be around and have a central focus
>All the creative teams will stay the same.
>Just like with Rebirth there will be a shocking reveal at the end.

So basically nothing will change accept maybe characters will get their old costumes back. Odds are the reveal will be something dumb like Star Wars being canon.

There is a change OMD will be undone or Fantastic Four will come back, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

My opinion? Pick up the first issue to see how you like it, and if it's dumb put it down and wait till Marvel learns their lesson. If not, then we can enjoy a good Marvel book (probably not though)
>>
>>92098629
>Odds are the reveal will be something dumb like Star Wars being canon.

that will never ever fucking happen, and if it does... Marvel will have.... after all the fucking up they've done lately, REALLY have fucked themselves over.

I honestly don't think any sane fan would endure that kind of fuckery unless it was just miniseries alt-verse BS, like.... a Vader/Dr.Doom 4 issue mini or something.
>>
>>92098629
>There is a change OMD will be undone or Fantastic Four will come back, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I would say the latter would happen because if GOTG 2 is any indication it seems like they might've gotten the rights back to the Watcher.
>>
>>92098716
Marvel already came out and said that if they had Watchmen they would have put them in 616 way sooner than Rebirth did due to how popular it was.

They have fucking Star Wars.

>>92098914
If FF come back in Legacy, I can guarantee it wont be the shocking reveal, they'd probably have a page or two dedicated to it. The FF returning would be underwhelming considering how long they were gone and would hardly be "break the internet" material.
>>
>>92098629
>>92098716
Well, Star Wars Saga happens in a galaxy far far away...
>>
>>92098421
quick long rundown
>Marvel isn't making as much money as they would like
>they have 35% of the market, before Secret Wars it was 50%, but they also release 25 more comics a month
>The Big 2 in 2015 make a gigantic push for new readers with books devoid of continuity and house style, in the tone of what Image had been producing for a while now featuring new characters or old ones in new roles
>It's a disaster in part of The Big 2's willingness to commit to the changes and new readers unwillingness to pick up multiple books ie Events
>DC stops pandering to new (Image,female, casual) readers and doubles down on a continuity heavy direction focusing on their major properties
>It's a hit DC claws back to where they were 3 years ago, but Marvel's numbers have yet to recover.
>Marvel sees DC Rebirth as a just simple nostalgia act, they're not willing to change writers and artists wholesale like DC did
>Still not willing to give up their new reader initiative, they making Generations, a crossover, and Marvel Legacy where Marvel will draw old heroes in their old 1970's costumes while not addressing the problems the line has a whole
>>
>>92099005
>>DC stops pandering to new (Image,female, casual) readers
not entirely, Young Animal is pretty much tailor-made for the Image crowd
>>
>>92098629
It is already looking shitty from the get go it seems. If the same poor excuses for writers and dumbass editors will mantain their jobs, I can't see how anything could possible change for better, since it is their fault to begin with. Hell, I can even see fuckers like Slott or Bendis purposefully shitting all over their books to the point no one can ever do a good work with those titles again just because their pet projects have gotten caned.
>>
>>92098985
If they did, when would it take place? Anakin era, Luke era, or Rey era?
>>
>>92099075
we're just talking about the main line superhero junk. it's not like Marvel is going to shift the talent they have Star Wars back to the superhero line, which is also a major problem when their best writer is writing Darth Vader fanfiction.
>>
>>92099100
Especially when you realize if they /do/ bring back pre-OMD canon, it'll be Dan "MJ is anti-Marvel" Slott spite writing it.
>>
>>92099133
didn't Darth Vader end a while ago? Is Gillen even doing anything for Marvel right now?
>>
>>92099100
my stomach is turning at the though of Logan sharing page time Johnathon the Wolverine and Gabby and how the Ms. Marvel artist is going to sex down Carol Marvel.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.