[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My favourite /co/ material includes Batman Year One, The Long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 5335981-6510574481-ct-co[1].jpg (103KB, 656x369px) Image search: [Google]
5335981-6510574481-ct-co[1].jpg
103KB, 656x369px
My favourite /co/ material includes Batman Year One, The Long Halloween, Hush; Transmetropolitan; Hellblazer. What else is worth reading? I get the Strong impression that most contemporary Marvel/DC stuff is shite. I've read classic Western graphic novels like Watchmen and V for Vendetta and found them okay-I-guess but nothing extremely special. I'm not trying to iconoclast here, nor troll. I just want something new to read.
>>
>>92095464
Gotham Central
>>
>>92095464
>What else is worth reading?

The Gray/Palmiotti run of Jonah Hex even if you think you hate Westerns. It's suitably twisted and the main character isn't one-note or driven by a stupid motive. Think of it as an anthology series with recurring characters.
>>
>>92095557
>The Gray/Palmiotti run of Jonah Hex
Aight. How similar is it to Preacher, because I found that obsecenely edgy and unenjoyable?
>>
>>92095596
Not at all. JH is a study in contrapasso and not like Ennis' abuses in edgelord.
>>
So it sounds like you like things that are gritty and somewhat cynical.

>>92095557
is a good pick, one of my all-time favorites. It does start petering out after the 50-issue mark give or take.

You actually might like The Walking Dead, at least for the first 50 issues or so.

Some of the early Legends of the Dark Knight stuff might be good: Shaman, Gothic, Prey, Venom, Jazz, Faces. Some other bleak Batman stuff would be Arkham Asylum and Year 100.
>>
>>92095464
Preacher should keep you occupied for the good part of a week
>>
>>92095895
>You actually might like The Walking Dead
Don't make this person get used to Kirkman's "everyone's an asshole, that's the story" bullshit.

>>91802575
>>
If you like asshole main characters then Hate by Peter Bagge is a good one, one of the funniest comics ever.
>>
>>92095464
Hellboy
>>
>>92096121
Few things are universally agreed upon here. Listen to this anon, OP
>>
File: strange sugar.jpg (426KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
strange sugar.jpg
426KB, 1280x1920px
>>92095464
>What else is worth reading?
Fell, Sandman, Books of Magic, most of Madam Xanadu, Shade the Changing Man, Neverwhere, The Minx, Enigma, certain runs of Swamp Thing, the first 100 or so Dark Horse Presents, and all of Chevel Noir. Also, all the other stuff mentioned above this post. Other stuff too, but fuck if I'm gonna click two things.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.