[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Homeless man [suddenly blurts out]: “I enjoyed Watchmen.”

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

File: Alan_Moore.jpg (86KB, 605x598px) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Moore.jpg
86KB, 605x598px
>Homeless man [suddenly blurts out]: “I enjoyed Watchmen.”

>Moore: “Did you?”

>Homeless man: “I loved it.”

>Moore: “Oh, that’s nice.”

>Homeless man: “You and… Gibbon?”

>Moore [Northampton accent suddenly stronger in anger]: “Dave Gibbons. Oi hope Oi never see that fucker for as long as Oi live. Oi don’t have a copy of the book in me ‘ouse, but Oi’m glad you got some pleasure out of it, mate.”

>Homeless man: “And The Killing Joke Batman, that is a belter.”

>Moore: “Well, I threw it out. But glad you liked it, man. Have a good day, won’t you.”

What the fuck is his problem?
>>
He talks to himself, apparently.
>>
File: ancapball.png (210KB, 373x402px) Image search: [Google]
ancapball.png
210KB, 373x402px
>He's a literal anarchist
>>
I get Moore's frustration with Gibbons trying to drag him into DC's Watchmen revival, but at least he's civil about it.

And Killing Joke has aged poorly.
>>
>>92090510
He hates capitalism, tho
>>
>>92090526
>And Killing Joke has aged poorly.
woman detected
>>
>>92090474
He is Rasputin's long lost crazy uncle and he is just upset that he could never fuck up shit so sucessfully.
>>
>>92090576
I have no problem with Babs getting crippled/sorta-raped, my issue is the confusingly paced ending and the fact that Gordon's mindfuck goes on just long enough to lose its momentum.
>>
>>92090536
You're mixing up anarchists with anarcho-capitalists or whatever the fuck label they use.
>>
>>92090646
None of that has to do with age though.
Just admit you're a radical.
>>
>>92090526
The best part of The Killing Joke legacy is the very strong character work Yale, Ostrander and Chuck Dixon put out when they built on it. Until Babs got regressed to a teenie again, anyway.
>>
>Meanwhile, there is much to discuss. For instance, how does Alan Moore feel about literally creating the face of not one, but three major counter-cultural youth movements?

>In the late ‘80s, the Smiley face badge he had popularised in Watchmen became the emblem of Acid House and the illegal raves of the Second Summer of Love. More recently, the V for Vendetta mask of Moore’s anarchist antihero was adopted by both the Occupy and Anonymous movements.

>“Well, how do I feel…” Moore strokes down the errant whiskers on his beard as though they were straying thoughts that must be put in order. “I’m glad that they’ve got it, although – they didn’t get it from the comic, did they? They got it from the film, which I have never seen and which, from a position of complete ignorance, I am willing to describe as a total rat’s abortion.

Can't floor the Moore!
>>
>>92090826
Truth. Ostrander and Yale's Suicide Squad deserves more praise than The Killing Joke.
>>
Is there any comic writer who's burned more bridges than Alan Moore? It's amazing how many times he's detonated his career all for creator rights, even when doing so would have risked starving his family.
>>
>>92090876
Rob Liefeld.

Chuck Austen.

...Pat Lee?
>>
>>92090474
We're not interested in your brushes with the famous, Anon.
>>
>>92090907
Recent Gerald Jones ??
>>
>>92090510
>>92090536
>>92090682
anarchy is cool in the UK

its cringe in america
>>
>>92090508
Fpbp
>>
File: Busey Sniktbub.png (632KB, 491x574px) Image search: [Google]
Busey Sniktbub.png
632KB, 491x574px
>>92090804
>>
>>92090526
Does Alan still talk to any of his old comic friends from the 80s? It seems like he cut ties with all of them for various reasons.
>>
>>92091126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS0r3VNdV_k
>>
>>92090974
Anarchy is cringe no matter what
>>
>>92090474
I once saw Alan Moore in Tamworth Tesco he was in the Al Fresco section as I skillfully maneuvered my shopping trolley down a nearby aisle, luckily he failed to notice me.
>>
>>92090536
Who doesn't
>>
>>92090526
>Killing Joke has aged poorly

Moore agrees with you.
>>
MANDRILL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED
>>
>>92090474
>Stop reading capeshit
>>
>>92090474
what happen between Alan Moore and gibbon?
>>
>>92090842
On one hand I'm glad Moore isn't a stooge for Hollywood like Miller and Ostander have become, but on the other hand he's on the opposite end of the spectrum by being a bitter asshole about everything.
>>
>>92092649
I believe gibbon slagged off moore in a highly publized magazine.
>>
>>92092603
Gibbons kept asking him to quit being such a hardass about Watchmen and give some kind of blessing to the Before Watchmen writers. Moore cut off all ties to him.
>>
>>92090907
Ugh... Liefeld art. The 90's style.
>>
>>92092685
Ah what a dick. Before Watchmen was still a series of stories that did not need to be told.
>>
>>92092709
>he fell for the Liefeld is bad meme
>>
>>92092655
Tell me about it. I still remember reading Century 2009 for the first time and rolling my eyes at how many times Moore bitches on how bad modern culture is compared to Victorian culture. And it's such a shitshow compared to the rest of the LOEG books.
>>
>>92090474
To be fair, Killing Joke is hot garbage
>>
>>92092787
Liefeld is a cool dude but his art isn't great
>>
>>92092655
>Ostander
>HURR HE LIKED A MOVIE I DIDNT LIKE THAT MEANS HE'S A STOOGE DURRRR
Off yourself.
>>
>>92091264
This shit cracks me up every time. Based fucking Warren
>>
>>92092864
Go to bed John, the movie was awful and you know it.
>>
>>92092709
>>92092787
>>92092841
His art has nothing to do with it.

Go look up why he isn't with Image any more...or DC. Or what happened to Valiant during the Deathmate crossover. Hell, read up on what he did to Gail Simone for "ruining" Deadpool during her run (you know, the one that lead to Agent X).

While he's a sweetheart with fans and interviewers, he's cultivated nothing but bad blood in the industry itself for being a thieving, lazy prima-donna. Marvel only keeps him around because he owns the rights to Deadpool.
>>
>>92092905
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Cry more. At the end of the day, he enjoyed something and you didn't. I'd say he got the laugh in the end.
>>
>>92092964
>He

You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>92092997
Sometimes I can't tell if people here are just joking or are actually seriously delusional.
>>
>>92090876
R. Crumb maybe?
Did you know he's still alive?
Does anyone?
>>
>>92091264
I hate nearly everything Ellis has written but that was pretty damn good
>>
File: liefeldcapnaked.jpg (40KB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
liefeldcapnaked.jpg
40KB, 400x310px
>>92092945
Art has nothing to do with it... sure.
>>
>>92092679
OI MATE WHOI DONT YA SLAGG OFF YOU FOOKIN SOD
>>
>>92092945
>Go look up why he isn't with Image any more
But he is. He still publishes through Image periodically, or pays for other people to publish through them. Did you miss out on the recent revamps of Prophet, Glory and Supreme? You REALLY missed out on some good comics, just because you let your hatred blind you.
>>
>>92093010
Then you're an idiot.
>>
>>92093779
Clearly he's a DCEU fan, so yes.
>>
>>92093810
I didn't even like Skwad, I'm just defending Ostrander's right to have a personal opinion. Christ.
>>
>>92092685
It's seems like Moores will cut ties and hate people for petty reasons
>>
File: Dr. Alan Strange-Moore.jpg (652KB, 1024x1432px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Alan Strange-Moore.jpg
652KB, 1024x1432px
>>92092307
>implying he didn't sense your uneased chakras through his third eye
>implying he didn't psychicly cast a terrible spell on you for disrupting his calm aura with your fear
>>
>>92093016
>Did you know he's still alive?
>*googles Crumb*
>It's true
Damn, i was convinced he was dead, last time i heard of him was when he published the book of genesis.
>>
>>92093722
I guess negotiating million dollar movie deals will motivate a man, especially if he doesn't have to actually do any work.

Fair enough.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/134455-rob-liefeld-swipes-deadpool-film-greg-lands-tracing-style-for-mondo-poster.html
>>
>>92090842
that's 2, jig
>>
I liked his what I assume was a cameo in The Unwritten, though he did become a recurring character.
>>
>>92092655
So you're saying Alan Moore became a grumpy old man.
>>
>>92093860
>Implying it was his opinion
>>
The problem with "grumpy" Alan Moore is journalists and people who keep asking him stuff they know he's unhappy about. If you see any videos of him in conventions, interacting directly with fans, he's actually a pretty cool and funny dude, and he even makes fun of himself and his reputation.
>>
>>92091126
Still friends with Gaiman as far as I know.
>>
>>92092649
DC was using Gibbons as a go between them and Moore when the Watchmen movie was happening. Moore got tired of it and told Dave to stop brining up Watchmen.
>>
>>92090873
And Dixon's Birds of Prey.
>>
>>92091319
Anarchy is Individualism
>>
>>92091126
I spoke to Rick Vietch about two years ago & he said Moore doesn't talk to him & he doesn't know why.
>>
>>92092655
>I'm glad Moore isn't a stooge for Hollywood like Miller and Ostander have become

Ostrander almost went fucking BLIND you asshole! He NEEDS that participation money to pay his medical bills!
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.