[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did people complain about Danny not being Asian but didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Why did people complain about Danny not being Asian but didn't do the same about Davos?
>>
>>92088515
they did not stay until davos ep
>>
>>92088515
But Davos is asian? India is in Asia, right?
>>
>>92088515
Davos is the villain, not the hero and main character.
>>
>>92088515
>implying the sjw's that complained about that shit actually read comics, let alone enough Iron Fist to even know who Davos was before the show.

His race wasn't my issue with him, despite that he's supposed to be Lei Kung's son and he was Asian in the show. I think that actor was just miscast. He didn't come off as intimidating, probably because the actor is a manlet. And in some shots it looked like he had a gut.
>>
Guaran-damn-tee you that if Davos was cast with an East-Asian, there would have been a ruckus.
>>
>>92088749
Why the fuck should Iron Fist be intimidating?
>>
>>92089000
He's talking about Davos.
>>
>>92088749
I thought he was more intimating than Danny, at least.
>>
>>92088515

Davos is asian
>>
>>92089095
A fluffy puppy is more intimidating than Danny in that show. Hopefully his Defenders portrayal is a little better.
>>
Isn't it a little more racist to want/expect a character to be Asian just because they practice Kung Fu? Danny Rand's white in the comics.

Not that people who think it's racist care about the comics or the character or even the show.
>>
Because the people who freak out about this sort of thing claim that minorities, particularly black male need more and better role models. So villans don't count.
>>
>>92089130
It is
>>
>>92088515
because most of the people who complained about Danny probably don't know Davos is. they're just surface-level "nerds" who are just looking for reasons to be mad about something. a lot of them probably didn't even watch the show that they were complaining about.
>>
But Davos is asian...
>>
>>92088515
>Why did people complain about Danny not being Asian but didn't do the same about Davos?
You're talking about Tumblrinas who get their panties in a knot over "Cultural Appropriation." They didn't have any idea that it was a comic book that was originally created to knock off the tv show Kung-Fu ( where David Carradine was supposed to be half Chinese ); nor had they ever read the comic in the first place.

Also: if they'd gone with Shang-Chi instead ( who was originally created to knock off Bruce Lee ) then the same assholes would be getting their panties in a knot over MUH STEREOTYPES! WHY DOES THE ASIAN GUY HAVE TO BE KUNG-FU??

You can't win with those cunts and you shouldn't even try because they're literally just looking for a reason to bitch.
>>
Because the people who complain about this sort of thing know nothing of the source material besides the first few sentences of the Wikipedia article.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.